SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Gurgaon Cityscapes

955K views 3K replies 285 participants last post by  gsouza 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess Gurgaon deserves it's own thread....

1)

Bonus!

2)

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Bonus pics...

:)

American Institute of Indian Studies, Gurgaon Centre

Run by a consortium of American universities and colleges, the AIIS is a centre for research by visiting western scholars into subjects ranging from architecture to zoology, connected with India and some of our neighbours. The institute has an archival storehouse of about 150,000 photographs of ancient monuments.

State Bank Institute

#7 ·
I wonder that to,and yes it is taken by a exchange-student from Aus(i think). He should be a example of how to take pictures. The best pictures ever of Gurgaon skyline! And he showed a another India that tourists dont see.

i did send the guy a mail to thank him for the great pictures:)

Maybe it is inspiration,building a city is a art and art needs insperation. Maybe the Gurgaon-girls or boys have not "discoverd" the mushrooming of high-rises that are beginning to surround them.

Just a tough in the middle of the night over a cup of chai;) :)

#8 · (Edited)
drwho said:
I wonder that to,and yes it is taken by a exchange-student from Aus(i think). He should be a example of how to take pictures. The best pictures ever of Gurgaon skyline! And he showed a another India that tourists dont see.

i did send the guy a mail to thank him for the great pictures:)

Maybe it is inspiration,building a city is a art and art needs insperation. Maybe the Gurgaon-girls or boys have not "discoverd" the mushrooming of high-rises that are beginning to surround them.

Just a tough in the middle of the night over a cup of chai;) :)
Cheers over a chai (though I am having "Diet" Coke now).

#11 ·
Suncity said:
Cheers over a chai (though I am having "Diet" Coke now).

Now only if someone instilled a sense of pride and understanding of aesthetics in indian minds. People don't realise that it's their apartments and their buildings. And, It's their view and surroundings: Why the hell are they hellbent on hanging ugly air-conditioners outside their windows? They are turning their property into public eyesores! :bash:
It's as bad as grafitti sprayed allover the place.

#12 ·
ViMo said:
Now only if someone instilled a sense of pride and understanding of aesthetics in indian minds. People don't realise that it's their apartments and their buildings. And, It's their view and surroundings: Why the hell are they hellbent on hanging ugly air-conditioners outside their windows? They are turning their property into public eyesores! :bash:
I don't think they have a choice. But at least those window ACs look better than the wall ones. I thnk worse than the Acs is the case where people hang their Sarees and towels from their balconies despite the society ban. They are so lazy that they will not go to the roof!

#15 ·
Suncity said:
I don't think they have a choice. But at least those window ACs look better than the wall ones. I thnk worse than the Acs is the case where people hang their Sarees and towels from their balconies despite the society ban. They are so lazy that they will not go to the roof!
Thank God, they are not hanging those monstrous coolers anymore. My logic is: if you spend 50 lakhs or upwards to buy an apartment, then you can also go ahead and buy those sleek AirCons, which can fitted inside the apartments - the one's that Samsung and LG have brought out in India. They are not that costly anymore, why make your home look ugly! Yes, there's always a risk if you have balconies, then people will hang their laundry for public display.;)

But isn't it so, that the some of the premium residential projects, especially the highrise one's have done away with the balconies. I don't think, from the pictures I could see any balconies in Shreepati aracade, and other highrises of Mumbai. Of course, if this is the case, then it makes sense: you don't want people "accidently" falling from heights of 150 mts or so...

G
#16 ·
Thank you for the link to that website Suncity, and I have seen the stereotypical picture you have informed me about.

Very much appreciated.

The dust-free picture, the mall, and the Taj Mahal, really caught my eye.

#19 · (Edited)
GREAT INDIAundefined
drwho said:
Suncity: this is from the same site:

looks cool:)
Beautifull Gurgaon,This looks incredible just like rest of India,If there was one sentence to describe India , That would be " Mother of All countries".Go on India, make this century an Indian century.With your Muslim, Hindu, populations living side by side in happiness may you be an example of tolerance and shining light in this troubled world.

#21 · (Edited)
A decent skyline pic from Buisness World

DLF Belvedere Place
DLF City Phase III, Gurgaon 122001.
Floors: Four towers (DLF Belvedere Park, DLF Belvedere Tower I,II & III) of 20 storeys each.
Height:
Residential Complex
Architect: Hafeez Contractor
Developers: DLF
Photos: Hindustan Times; DLF Group

Unitech Millenium Plaza
Sector 27, Gurgaon 122002.
Floors: Tower A 11; Tower B 14
Height:
Commercial Complex
Architect:
Developers: Unitech Group
Photos: Unknown.

#25 ·
ViMo said:

A more pertinent question would be: Given Delhi area's extreme temperatures, dont these buildings have centralized air conditioners (for the summer) and heating systems (for the winter). I am surprised a building of this size doesnt have centralized systems. I can understand buildings 40 to 50 years old not having it. But, even the new ones?

MP :runaway: