SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1M views 4K replies 372 participants last post by  gsouza 
#1 · (Edited)
Inspired by Jai's thread

#81 ·
Phoenix campus is really inspiring! That's the sort of architecture I would like to see in India. Good use of colors in the buildings! Actually, that's the spherical building which I had posted in another thread.....

Despite Banglore's infrastructure problems, the city still exudes a lot of hope and gusto :)

#82 ·
ViMo said:
Phoenix campus is really inspiring! That's the sort of architecture I would like to see in India. Good use of colors in the buildings! Actually, that's the spherical building which I had posted in another thread.....

Despite Banglore's infrastructure problems, the city still exudes a lot of hope and gusto :)
Yes, that sphere looks like the one you posted in the other thread. It's not just BLR but all the cities of India that are showing signs of progress. But BLR (and Gurgaon) seem to be leading the pack in terms of design.

#93 ·
mainhoonna said:
Why doesn't Bangalore build any decent skyscrapers. It is supposed to be the boomtown.
I think there is a hypocritical element amongst India's buddhijeevis when it comes to highrise/skyscrapers. They will give a thousand one reasons of why we should live in thatched houses and caves. How it's good for the environment and less taxing on mother earth. How we should preserve our ethnic culture. Then they will toast a glass of red wine to each other before settling for a continental dinner.

;-)

#96 ·
Suncity said:
I think there is a hypocritical element amongst India's buddhijeevis when it comes to highrise/skyscrapers. They will give a thousand one reasons of why we should live in thatched houses and caves. How it's good for the environment and less taxing on mother earth. How we should preserve our ethnic culture. Then they will toast a glass of red wine to each other before settling for a continental dinner.

;-)
yeap,the classic naderism and Vandana-Shivaism. These people are just dinosaurs waiting to be extinct :)

#102 ·
I visited Bangalore last month after 3 years and was taken aback by the chaos. Man, machine, dogs, cattle (once I even saw a couple of horses) battle it out to move forward on the narrow, congested pot holed roads. It is really pathetic with vehicles rushing into any available inch on the road irrespective of which side of the road one is driving or should I say crawling ! The cops seem to have a very tough time. I really pity them as also the auto and Bus drivers who have to drive all the time. Bangalore is certainly going down unless something miraculous happens.