SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Delhi cityscapes

2M views 6K replies 408 participants last post by  Suncity 
#1 · (Edited)
#42 ·
kshatriya.....kudos to Delhi for transforming overnight like this. No offense to delhi but I think Mumbai is really getting short end of the stick. Its almost unfair. How can you imagine Delhi getting metro before Mumbai. Is their any city in india more deserving than Mumbai? One image of Mumbai local trains says it all. I guess its luxury being the capital city.

Anyways. I really dont care even if its Kanyakumari as far as its Indian city going all out to impress & prosper. Great!!!!

#43 ·
Hindustani said:
kshatriya.....kudos to Delhi for transforming overnight like this. No offense to delhi but I think Mumbai is really getting short end of the stick. Its almost unfair. How can you imagine Delhi getting metro before Mumbai. Is their any city in india more deserving than Mumbai? One image of Mumbai local trains says it all. I guess its luxury being the capital city.

Anyways. I really dont care even if its Kanyakumari as far as its Indian city going all out to impress & prosper. Great!!!!
It's frustrating all right, and there's Mumbai money in it too! But good for NCR...

#45 ·
Hindustani said:

If you had travelled in Delhi by those DTC buses then perhaps you would not make that statement 'Why Delhi getting metro before Mumbai". Infact it was over due for Delhi. Mumbai (and for that matter other metro cities except Delhi) , were at least having those local trains since a very long time. Delhi people were struggling in those buses only. Moreover, Delhi has more vehicles than Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennei put together. and above all don't forget it is the Capital of the country and represent whole of india. It deserve the best public transportation.

#46 ·
aks said:
If you had travelled in Delhi by those DTC buses then perhaps you would not make that statement 'Why Delhi getting metro before Mumbai". Infact it was over due for Delhi. Mumbai (and for that matter other metro cities except Delhi) , were at least having those local trains since a very long time. Delhi people were struggling in those buses only. Moreover, Delhi has more vehicles than Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennei put together. and above all don't forget it is the Capital of the country and represent whole of india. It deserve the best public transportation.
Well have you travelled by BEST buses on broken and congested Mumbai roads? The ride is jarring and the commute is long, very long. Mumbai's local trains are a mess and too stuffed, but obviously you haven't travelled in one, or you would not make that statement "Delhi deserves the best public transportation." At least Delhi has smooth and wide roads, and it doesn't just end with the metro.....High capacity low floor buses with exclusive bus lanes, and elevated expressways are in the pipeline, things Mumbai is crying out for. Surely the "commercial capital" of the country deserves better, especially considering it's contributions to the nation? But no, it's no big deal if Delhi got a metro first, and it's great to see the phenomenal development there. But I think it's about time they gave back something to Mumbai too.

#47 ·
kshatriya said:
Well have you travelled by BEST buses on broken and congested Mumbai roads? The ride is jarring and the commute is long, very long. Mumbai's local trains are a mess and too stuffed, but obviously you haven't travelled in one, or you would not make that statement "Delhi deserves the best public transportation." At least Delhi has smooth and wide roads, and it doesn't just end with the metro.....High capacity low floor buses with exclusive bus lanes, and elevated expressways are in the pipeline, things Mumbai is crying out for. Surely the "commercial capital" of the country deserves better, especially considering it's contributions to the nation? But no, it's no big deal if Delhi got a metro first, and it's great to see the phenomenal development there. But I think it's about time they gave back something to Mumbai too.
And to other cities as well. Delhi is too pampered...

:jk:

#48 ·
Suncity said:
And to other cities as well. Delhi is too pampered...

:jk:
Not just Delhi, the whole NCR. Then there's the gazillion Bangalore road projects, apart from the ones already completed like Hebbal separator etc. Bangalore is also getting a spanking new international airport and looks like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai all will get metros before Mumbai.

#49 ·
kshatriya said:
Not just Delhi, the whole NCR. Then there's the gazillion Bangalore road projects, apart from the ones already completed like Hebbal separator etc. Bangalore is also getting a spanking new international airport and looks like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai all will get metros before Mumbai.
By the way, the NCR concept is only on papaer. It could never got started due to not coming together of UP, Haryana, MP and Rajasthan government. NCR planning board has never starting even a single project in NCR region. As per the NCR plan, the satellite towns were supposed to be developed a little away from Delhi, like Mathura (UP), Gwalior (MP), Alwar (Raj,) and some town in Haryana, to decongest Delhi. Gurgaon and Noida progressed due to their proximity to Delhi and also due to efforts of respective state goverment individually. You can use the term NCR in a generic way but the NCR concept as such is a failure due to indifferent attitute of the neighbouring state governments.

#52 · (Edited)
NOIDA : The City Beautifull

Noida is well planned city on the outskirt of Delhi. Greater Noida is going to be even more planned than even Noida. I heared that GN is having even the code for what tree you should plant outside your house and even the color code for houses. It is going to be the City of shopping Malls soon with many new and bigger malls coming up. It is already the IT city/Film City of north india. Here are some pictures of Noida Cityscape.

Shopping Malls:

Markets:

Apartments:

GHCL:

Corporate Tower:

Indian Oil:

BHarat Petrolium:

Xansa:

BSES:

NTPC:

GAIL:

ST:

TELE-Atlas:

KRIBHCO:

Organosys:

Roads:

Noida Entrance:

Toll Bridge/DND Flyway:

Pls note that toll plaza has Gold and Silver Lane and uses the smart chip cards sothat car drivers need not wait at the gate. Scanner/camera automatically read the card/chip from the wind-shield screen. DND Flyway also has the web-site wherein one can re-charge their card and calculate the toll on-line between given two points.

Noida Gardens:

(Golf Course):

(Noida Film City)

(T-series)

Eagle Studio:

Laxmi Studio:

#55 ·
Thank you! I just joined this site, and I'm glad you guys liked my pics. I'll take more when I'm in India this winter. Hopefully I'll get to go to more places besides NCR and Kerala, especially Bangalore and Bombay.

This site has been a revelation. I've found so many great Indian infrastructure pics I never saw before despite googling all over! Great stuff, esp the amazing North Karnataka expressway and Chennai-Calcutta GQ sections.

#56 ·
You guys are doing an amazing job collecting all those pictures and information and posting them here for avid readers like me. Cool stuff, I really liked it. I have been reading a lot on this forum for last couple of weeks and could not resist joining it today. And BTW I totally agree that a Metro or some form of Mass rapid transit system has been long overdue in Mumbai. For god sake a city of 16 million and contributing a third of total tax collections .. let the Shanghai of India really look like one.

#57 ·
gyrations95 said:
You guys are doing an amazing job collecting all those pictures and information and posting them here for avid readers like me. Cool stuff, I really liked it. I have been reading a lot on this forum for last couple of weeks and could not resist joining it today. And BTW I totally agree that a Metro or some form of Mass rapid transit system has been long overdue in Mumbai. For god sake a city of 16 million and contributing a third of total tax collections .. let the Shanghai of India really look like one.
Amen!

#58 ·
gyrations95 said:
Welcome, my like-minded friend.....:)

#59 ·
Suraj said:
Thank you! I just joined this site, and I'm glad you guys liked my pics. I'll take more when I'm in India this winter. Hopefully I'll get to go to more places besides NCR and Kerala, especially Bangalore and Bombay.

This site has been a revelation. I've found so many great Indian infrastructure pics I never saw before despite googling all over! Great stuff, esp the amazing North Karnataka expressway and Chennai-Calcutta GQ sections.
Welcome. Please post more pics, looking forward to it.....

#60 ·
Suraj said:

Your pics (first posted by Kshatriya on this forum) are great. Look forward to your pics from the next trip.