SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Mangalore Cityscapes

590K views 4K replies 98 participants last post by  avi mangalore 
#1 ·
Photos copyright Chandan

See less See more
#18 · (Edited)
^^Mont Tiara on Kadri Hills is is about 17 floors from back and 15 floors from front. Because of topography counting the number of floors is a difficult work. The view here is from the backside. K2 is still the tallest as per my belief. Mohtisham Westwind with 18 floors is the next tallest (so far I have not seen any picture).

Ajay, please comment on heights in meters.

#19 · (Edited)
^^Mont Tiara on Kadri Hills is is about 17 floors from back and 15 floors from front. Because of topology counting the number of floors is a difficult work. The view here is from the backside. K2 is still the tallest as per my belief. Mohtisham Westwind with 18 floors is the next tallest (so far I have not seen any picture).

Ajay, please comment on heights in meters.

I am not sure which is the tallest. Mangalore has a different topography from other cities. Buildings have different number of floors when you count from different sides!
K2 is 68.5 metres (225 feet) and 19 floors according to its certificate but the upcoming SKS enclave will be 150 metres tall. Mont tiara is at an elevation and probably be more visible.
Number of floors is not reliable when determinig how tall a building is as the height of floors can vary.

#21 · (Edited)
^^ On extreme left this photograph starts with Sanjay Apartments & Shivadeep Residency in Shivabaugh, Kadri. These two buildings are more cleanly captured in the first photograph of post #5. Also Mohtisham West Wind & Orchard U/C are at the center. The tallest among all K2 is blur but visible. If you draw a horizontal line from the top of K2 it almost touches the top most portions of West Wind.

#24 · (Edited)
Deepa Comforts, M G Road

1. Hotel Deepa Comforts & Residential Complex Divya Enclave

The above pictures Hotel Deepa Comforts is in front and Divya Enclave Residential Complex is in back. Most of the buildings with the names Deepa or Divya are built by Ramesh Kumar. He is also coming up with Hotel Mauriska Park nearby behind Manasa.

In the picture below shows close up view of Ground Floors of Hotel Deepa Comforts.

2. Another Commercial Complex (Abish?) near Deepa Comforts

The picture below shows both Deepa Comforts and the other commercial complex.

Copyright: kudlabobs

#28 ·
Kadri Rathotsava

Source & more pictures: Mangalorean

Source & more pictures: Daijiworld

The festival of Kadri Manjunatheshwara Temple starts from Makara Sankramana Day, which fell on Wednesday January 14 this year, with the installation of the flag post (Dhwaja Stambha) marking the beginning of the annual festivities. The festivities will go on for 9 days. Main attractions of the festival are 'Deepotsava' or festival of lights and 'Rathotsava' or the car festival.

For more information on Kadri temple read wikipedia.