search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Lebanon > Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 8th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #161
Beiruti

Likes (Received): 69

I wonder if this will hurt Nijmeh Square area businesses?

Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2008, 02:38 AM   #162
AmeriLEB

Likes (Received): 43

Tourism needs to rise alot more to support all this retail..also should expand with more residents moving in and buisness's..40k residents and 100k daily workers are the estimates after all the phases are done.
AmeriLEB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 04:08 AM   #163
Jayme
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 2

That heart/B is really clever. I assume thats the offical logo for the souks ?
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #164
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

Likes (Received): 960

looks so,now things are moving on real fast,i just hope we can know what new brands ' tenants ' the souks are going to offer to Lebanese .
Old November 9th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #165
Jayme
Melburnian

I would have thought an offical Beirut Souks website would have been created. for International brands I would assume Prada, Cucci, Dolce&Gabbana, Hugo Boss and Guess would have a store here, possably Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and many others. I happy if a store named SABA opens there, a lebanese fashion designer based in Australia.

Last edited by Jayme; November 9th, 2008 at 12:00 PM.
Jayme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #166
AmeriLEB

Well TSC will open a "wholesale market" and ...the jewlery souk will have around 100 jewlers

There is speculation with Maxima fashion, established in 1998 by Wassim Daher, has developed eight brands, including Max Mara, Max & Co., Marella, Gianfranco Ferre, Sergio Rossi and Zara. Also Aishti which have the rights to -Prada, Hermès and Burberry

Paris Gallery- is said to be opening a Beirut Branch..i think the souks are well placed.

I agree where is the website ?? supposedly there opening this year or beginniong of next. And the promotions were supposed to start in Oct
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #167
pipolebnene

cnt wait to come to leb and c it open its just the thing missin Dt this gap is gona be closed but u knw guys i thought DT has so expensive rent prices!? why isnt it in the list of the most expensive store rental price list of the world?
pipolebnene no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 09:02 AM   #168
Dual Engine

Likes (Received): 0

Good news !

Today I saw the first advertisment for a shop in the Beirut Souks, that means that they will open it soon.
Dual Engine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM   #169
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

What shop??????
Old December 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM   #170
pipolebnene

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipolebnene View Post
cnt wait to come to leb and c it open its just the thing missin Dt this gap is gona be closed but u knw guys i thought DT has so expensive rent prices!? why isnt it in the list of the most expensive store rental price list of the world?
anybody answer me plz?
pipolebnene no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #171
AmeriLEB

It is comes below UAE
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM   #172
houssam

internationally? i mean ranked what?

LEBANON LEBANON LEBANON LEBANON LEBANON
LEBANON LEBANON
LEBANON LEBANON LEBANON

houssam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #173
AmeriLEB

Currently 43rd...Lebanon posseses 4 of the top 10 spots on the middle east..(5,6,7,8th).

ABC Achrafieh is he top most expensive..followed by Verdun..kaslik the then the BCD...Kaslik showed the highest rental growth over the past year of the top 10 in the middle east.

Lebanon is regionally behind Dubai and Abu Dhabi...Internationally behind buenos aires and Jakarta..And is considered more expensive than Bankgkok and Johnnesburg

Lebanon ranked 37th in 2007 ..and the current ranking is expected to rise..after the political situation as demad is showing strong signs..We also have the Souks opening
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #174
boudi
helou ya baladna

Likes (Received): 1

أسواق بيروت التقليدية تعود الى الأسواق
دخلت شركة سوليدير المرحلة النهائية من إنجاز مشروع الاسواق التجارية في وسط بيروت، وتقدر مصادر في ادارة الشركة افتتاح هذه الاسواق، وهي من المشاريع الأكبر في الوسط التجاري، خلال ربيع العام ٢٠٠٩ بعدما شارفت الاعمال على الانتهاء.
بداية فإن المشروع يتضمن اعادة الاسواق التقليدية في وسط بيروت في أماكنها، وهي سوق أياس، وسوق الطويلة، وسوق الجميل. بمعنى آخر، ان سوق أياس وسوق الطويلة سيعودان الى الموقع نفسه الذي كانتا فيه في السابق.
وتقع هذه الاسواق وفق المشروع قيد الانجاز بين شارع ويغان جنوباً وشارع طرابلس لجهة الشمال، وشارع اللمبي شرقاً وشارع البطريرك الحويك شرقاً.
كما تمت بموجب المشروع المحافظة على الحي الفينيقي، وحائط القرون الوسطى، مع اعادة ترميم زاوية بن عراق (المقام). بحيث بات الموقع يضم الوضع التقليدي والأثري.
وعلم ان مشروع الاسواق الذي بلغت كلفته حوالى ٥٠ مليون دولار بتمويل من شركة سوليدير ولحسابها، يتألف من حوالى ٢٥٠ محلاً تجارياً متنوعاً بما فيها عدد كبير من المطاعم والمقاهي. وعلم ان اكثر من ٩٠ في المئة من هذه المحلات تم تأجيرها قبلاً حتى الآن، وان عائدات هذه المحلات سترفع عائدات شركة "سوليدير" من ٢١ مليون دولار حالياً، الى ٤٥ مليوناً اعتباراً من العام ،٢٠٠٩ باعتبار ان هذه الاسواق والمحلات ملك للشركة ومعدة للإيجار فقط وليست للبيع. ويقع السوق على مساحة قدرها حوالى ٧٠ الف متر مربع يوازي حوالى ١٢٠ الف متر بناء.
ويضم السوق ايضاً ثلاثة طوابق لمواقف السيارات تتسع لحوالى ٢٠٠٠ سيارة. وسيكون للسوق جزء آخر في الواجهة الغربية يضم المكاتب وصالات السينما، وحوالى ٤٠٠ محل آخر، وهو سيجهز في العام ،٢٠١٠ مع مخازن كبرى للتسوق والمحال التجارية. أما عدد صالات السينما فيصل الى ١٤ صالة. وهذا الجزء اجريت له مناقصة خاصة للتلزيم وتحديد الكلفة. وهناك شركات لبنانية وعالمية ستشارك في هذه المناقصة لإنجاز أعمال القسم الثاني الذي ينتهي في العام .٢٠١٠
اشارة الى انه فور انجاز الواجهة الثانية من الاسواق سترفع عائدات شركة سوليدير من الإيجارات الى حدود ٦١ مليون دولار، وهو أمر يعني انها ستعتمد على الايجارات بعد الانتهاء من بيع العقارات المتبقية لديها، والمقدرة بحوالى ٤ ملايين متر على الواجهة البحرية، وحوالى المليون في مناطق أخرى من الوسط. اشارة هنا الى ان الشركة باعت عقاراً خلال العام الحالي مساحته حوالى ٥٦ الف بمبلغ قدره ١٦٨ مليون دولار بسعر ٣٠٠٠ دولار للمتر الواحد. وهذا يعني أن أسعار العقارات في لبنان وفي وسط بيروت ما تزال على ارتفاعها بسبب محدودية المساحات. غير ان هذا الواقع الاقتصادي والمالي لشركة سوليدير وهي تقدر أرباحها بأكثر من ١٧٥ مليون دولار للعام ،٢٠٠٨ أي اكثر من ارباح العام ،٢٠٠٧ وهي شركة من دون ديون تقريباً، لا ينعكس على واقع سعر السهم الذي تراجع متأثراً بالأزمة العالمية الخارجية والبورصات العربية. ويعتبر بعض الخبراء ان سهم سوليدير كما اسهم المصارف اللبنانية لا تعبر عن السعر الاقتصادي وفق نتائج الأرباح المعلنة.
boudi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #175
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

Postponed to Spring 2009
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #176
AmeriLEB

90% leased so far..and the cinema will be 14 screens..Is Phase 2 ending or starting in 2010?
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #177
LeB.Fr
BANNED

Likes (Received): 20

Actually, from what I understood, phase 2 FINISHES in 2010.
LeB.Fr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #178
ainmreisiot

Likes (Received): 8

Does it say anything about

Zaha Hadid's (re)design of the department store that is to take the place of the old demolished Khan Antoun Bey?

By the way, it seems that eggplant (or 'aubergine,' as they called it in one of the Quarterlies I just read through) is indeed the new and definitive color for the rooftops.
ainmreisiot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #179
houssam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainmreisiot View Post
Zaha Hadid's (re)design of the department store that is to take the place of the old demolished Khan Antoun Bey?

By the way, it seems that eggplant (or 'aubergine,' as they called it in one of the Quarterlies I just read through) is indeed the new and definitive color for the rooftops.
i Passed by the other day and saw the rooftops, it looks like it's the final fase, unless their gonna paint them!!
so yeah i guess this horrible color stands

LEBANON LEBANON
LEBANON LEBANON LEBANON

houssam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM   #180
john2890

Likes (Received): 3

^how could you see the rooftops by simply passing by? are they really steep roofs that are visible from ground level?
john2890 no está en línea   Reply With Quote