daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Tamil Nadu

Old Today, 02:44 PM   #48861
aathi2
express

Likes (Received): 8

Travel Review

Chennai-Tirupathy-Kumbakonam Review:

Chennai-Tirupathi by TNSTC

Dep time:21.30
Arr.time :01.40

Reached CMBT by 9 pm. Saw TPTY bay ruled by VPM guys.Most of the buses in good condition. But many buses left with only very few passengers. Saw APSRTC Sapthagiri luxury(s) got more number of passengers. It shows the lack of SD's there.
Boarded on 09.30pm Tiruthani depot guy was in mint condition. Saw more passengers in this particular bus than its predecessors. But later i know most of them Manaval Nagar/Tiruvallur people and some for Tirutani. After Tirutani only 6 people for Tirupati including me. 3x2 become 'Sleeper' coach for everyone
Enters Tiruvalangadu and Nagari from highway. But good news is overtakes those APSRTC's like flash.

Tirupathi-Kumbakonam by SETC

Dep time:19.45
Arr.time :05.25

First my plan was to take any bus to Vellore or Panruti the catch direct KMU bus. But later my mind turned to take SETC Tanjore Guy. (Because that is my travel with TPTY-TJ guy). Booked a ticket and waited in TPTY BS. Saw many new buses of VPM guys. My bus was ready in its bay from 07.15pm. Departs on correct time and the fellow drives slowly and reaches a motel before chittore by 09.15pm and departs there from 09.45 with Tiruppur SETC (this one only stops 15 mins).
Saw a action by TPTY-Cuddalore bus (32N-4136) which overtakes every bus. First it overtakes APSRTC Express then my bus and third victim is one ACC in front of us.(should be to Banglore). Overtakes three state Govt. buses in just 2 mins But my one is overtaked by three state Govt.buses in a row (that ACC,TNSTC and APSRTC)
Reached Vellore by 11.20 pm and conductor calls passengers for VPM and KUM. Suddenly a driver of TNSTC Vellore to VPM which stands nereby (dep time:11.30) make fight between the conductor and at last VPM wins. (This is the first time I saw SETC crews says sorry with TNSTC). Then I took sleep and missed VPM and Panruti. Later I dropped in 05.25am.

PS: Most of the Tanjore depot SETC guys changed to '1 to 5' for every routes and Digital Green LED board with some also have LED in their windshields.
Old Today, 02:50 PM   #48862
aathi2
express

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
This is that monster. (I only remember this guy reg.no)

PC:Arun Tamizhnaadu (TNSTC blog)

New SETC service plied between Thanjavur-Tirupati via Kumbakonam,Mayiladuturai,Chidambaram,Vellore

Friends please confirm whether this is new route or re-introduced route? From when it is running?

superfast444 liked this post

Last edited by aathi2; Today at 03:08 PM.
aathi2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #48863
Nanjil Traveller

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by aathi2 View Post

This bus already served in route Kaliyakavilai-NGL-CHN as Summer Special. It should be in MTM-TRY route may be after Summer.

PC:Arun
MTM - TRY belongs to MTM depo bro its Kulitharai depo bus...May be Try SPL duty it might have done.. from TNSTC NGL (MTM & VK puram) depo only have Trichy service..its actually Kaliyakavilai - Madurai bus when its launched
Nanjil Traveller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:22 PM   #48864
raj2099

Likes (Received): 0

Any suggestions for chennai-rajapalayam setc for tomorrow travel? two H184s are there , expect it to be good but only 5 seats are filled till now.
raj2099 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
buses