search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2016, 12:42 AM   #141
Fotografer

Likes (Received): 137

"Billionaire Broad Group CEO Zhang still adamant that 838 meter tall Skycity skyscraper will be built."

"Construction is one of the most polluting of all industries but I can make the most environmentally sound buildings for half the price and 10 times the speed of anyone else," Mr. Zhang says.

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/11...ceo-still.html

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2016, 06:19 AM   #142
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltovka View Post
3d-printing would accelerate megatall construction very much. This is the future.
In a way it already exists and has existed for 2000 years. Concrete. Concrete is similar to 3d printing by pouring a liquid into a mold to form a rock into any shape we want. Quicker and easier than sculpting natural stone. Stronger too.

washiwashi liked this post
AnOldBlackMarble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 06:47 PM   #143
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotografer View Post
"Billionaire Broad Group CEO Zhang still adamant that 838 meter tall Skycity skyscraper will be built."

"Construction is one of the most polluting of all industries but I can make the most environmentally sound buildings for half the price and 10 times the speed of anyone else," Mr. Zhang says.

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/11...ceo-still.html
they should build tons of 200m structures instead until they have more expertise to get into crazy heights.

WhiteGerbera, Infesus, DubaiM, HRP4Life liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 07:45 PM   #144
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2419

They continue to build highrises under this forum's radar, dunno why they don't go for the 200m mark.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 09:51 AM   #145
Kplay87

Likes (Received): 3

Tallest skyscrapers in 2045

pteranodon liked this post

Last edited by kanye; February 1st, 2017 at 05:27 PM.
Kplay87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 06:21 PM   #146
DubaiM

Likes (Received): 4490

You can never make assumptions of the tallest towers in 2045. There will be sooo many new projects above 1000m+ until this time that we can't predict anything 3 decades before

KillerZavatar, Cadaeib, jackedi07 liked this post
DubaiM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 03:23 AM   #147
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 1553

Judging from what we've seen in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if by 2045 we're building floating skyscrapers and racing to build the "highest skyscraper" (skyscraper that's floating the highest above ground).
Old February 12th, 2017, 04:59 AM   #148
Cadaeib

Likes (Received): 25

Which future for megatalls ?

I've made this graphic with CTBUH database. Since 1980', skyscrapers are build circa 10m taller every year. If the trend continues, we should see 1km skyscrapers becoming common in 2050 even if higher skyscrapers could be built in the arab countries before.

However I think that a financial crisis will happends in Asia soon. Ten years after this crisis, if there is no war or disaster, we should see Africa booming with several megatalls build in the main cities.

And by the end of the century, Antartica could become the new megatalls continent (if skyscrapers are still usefull).

Here are my predictions ... See you in 2050, and in 2100 !

Old February 16th, 2017, 08:21 AM   #149
AP Design
BANNED

Likes (Received): 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kplay87 View Post
Tallest skyscrapers in 2045
Such a strange name for it - "2045" Removing just one tower would make it 2021, and would be much more realistic.

KillerZavatar liked this post
AP Design no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 03:55 PM   #150
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2419

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Design View Post
Honestly, I'm not aware of any. If you know, I will be glad to learn. I can only assume you mean some observation decks in mountains.
You assume correctly. That they aren't on man-made structures is not relevant in this case, since I brought them up to counter your "all you see is a map"-statement. I've been on a number of those, and the experience quite definitely differs from looking at a map.

It depends on the surroundings of course. In Dubai (this post is in response to a discussion in a Dubai thread, for those who don't know) you'll see vast plains of yellow no matter if you're at 300m or 3000m. Most skyscraper/supertall cities that could build such structures however have far more scenic surroundings, New York State/New Jersey or the Pearl River Delta certainly aren't the dullest areas to behold from above.

AP Design liked this post
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2017, 05:51 PM   #151
ballom

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaeib View Post
And by the end of the century, Antartica could become the new megatalls continent (if skyscrapers are still usefull).
That's an extremely light prediction.

You do realise there is litteraly nobody outside few scientific and adventurers there?

And even IF in the future people start moving to antartica, let's say gobal warming melt a lot of ice revealing more land and making antartica more livable.

Even if this happen , antartica will have to grow his culture (as there is no native population to begin with , unlike dubai ) and economy (well mayeb oil if it's still as important in 2100 ?)

If this actually happen , let's better to hope for a supertall than plenty of megatall, because it's unlikely antartica will yet need such construction (unless it goes middle east style, just for the contest of the biggest )

Unless for whatever reason antartica became the new superpower with at least dozens of millions of new and rich habitants
ballom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #152
Cadaeib

You're right ! It's more a scenario than a prediction, because it's clearly uncertain. I know that currently no ones lives full-time in Antartica.
Antarctic Treaty will end in 2048. If there are resources in Antartica (and there are) we could see some part of Antartica colonized by people from countries all over the world (particularly by climate refugee) like America in the 19th century.
At this period, construction should be cheaper and faster than now due to the use of 3D printing. I imagine that cities would be quite dense because of the climate, so everything could be done without going out.
Even if this scenario seems unrealistic, I think it's quite possible that it happens.
Cadaeib no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 05:40 AM   #153
SkyscraperLover2K16

Likes (Received): 49

A Scenario for a City with So Many Megatalls

Before reading, feel free to call me crazy and stuff like that but no insults or bullying, also feel free to ask me questions about this if you can, so here's the vision:

This is a vision that I have for a city if it were to be built on Mars, and this city is called New Athens, and in this city, there will be millions of skyscrapers that are at least 100 meters or above, but what's interesting is that there will be thousands of megatalls, and hundreds of them will be 5,000 meters, and one of those buildings will be 15,000 meters, and that building will be the tallest in the city of New Athens.

Cadaeib liked this post
SkyscraperLover2K16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 07:46 AM   #154
pinoytv88

Likes (Received): 0

Pinoytv

They continue to build highrises under this forum's radar, dunno why they don't go for the 200m mark.
pinoytv
pinoytv88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 08:12 AM   #155
ballom

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperLover2K16 View Post
Before reading, feel free to call me crazy and stuff like that but no insults or bullying, also feel free to ask me questions about this if you can, so here's the vision:

This is a vision that I have for a city if it were to be built on Mars, and this city is called New Athens, and in this city, there will be millions of skyscrapers that are at least 100 meters or above, but what's interesting is that there will be thousands of megatalls, and hundreds of them will be 5,000 meters, and one of those buildings will be 15,000 meters, and that building will be the tallest in the city of New Athens.

you're cazry.
You pulled a random idea either from your imagination or from a fiction novel.

Wow you already know the city name, you must be able to predict the future

When? in 10 years? 50 years? 9000 years?

The only "correct point" is that once there is a colonny that can live normaly like on earth, construction can effectively be taller as mars gravity is weaker.

Cadaeib liked this post
ballom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 07:04 PM   #156
SkyscraperLover2K16

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballom View Post
you're cazry.
You pulled a random idea either from your imagination or from a fiction novel.

Wow you already know the city name, you must be able to predict the future

When? in 10 years? 50 years? 9000 years?

The only "correct point" is that once there is a colonny that can live normaly like on earth, construction can effectively be taller as mars gravity is weaker.
I really can't predict the future cause nobody really knows what the future would be like, so it's just a prediction, so probably in 100-150 years at least, could be much longer, we'll just see as we move into Mars and establish colonies and stuff like that.
SkyscraperLover2K16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2017, 11:26 PM   #157
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 3381

On Mars, you'd want to build down, not up. The surface is bathed in too much radiation to be suitable for long-term habitation. The dust storms would also mean you'd occasionally lose the view from a skyscraper for years on end. And ideally, you'd want more than one wall/window between your apartment and the near-vacuum of the Martian atmosphere.

The surface might be useful for things like greenhouses or solar farms (but again, the dust storms, so probably not), but Martian cities in general would be built underground more than above it. Any spaceports would inevitably have to be on the surface, though.

Miami High Rise liked this post
Kyll.Ing. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 01:17 AM   #158
Cadaeib

Now there is just one "true" megatall skyscraper really UC .. Wuhan Greenland Center I hope ... I hope others will be U/C soon
Cadaeib no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 07:38 PM   #159
Sportsx

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyll.Ing. View Post
On Mars, you'd want to build down, not up. The surface is bathed in too much radiation to be suitable for long-term habitation. The dust storms would also mean you'd occasionally lose the view from a skyscraper for years on end. And ideally, you'd want more than one wall/window between your apartment and the near-vacuum of the Martian atmosphere.

The surface might be useful for things like greenhouses or solar farms (but again, the dust storms, so probably not), but Martian cities in general would be built underground more than above it. Any spaceports would inevitably have to be on the surface, though.
Just like that reverse skyscraper they wanted built in Mexico City a few years ago?
Sportsx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 07:37 PM   #160
ALBERT SOLER

Likes (Received): 0

I think that the actual competition all over the world for who has the tallest tower, it seems the competition between several men about who has the largest...well, you know the part of the body I´m talking about.
ALBERT SOLER no está en línea   Reply With Quote