search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Citytalk and Urban Issues

Citytalk and Urban Issues » Guess the City

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2016, 09:30 AM   #81
samlinhchi

Likes (Received): 0

I grew up in one!
samlinhchi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2016, 08:54 PM   #82
:jax:

Likes (Received): 502

For a while all new apartments have to have a balcony, whether the residents use it or not. A more recent trend is urban terraces. Terraces used to be a suburban thing, but is moving into the city core, combining a central location with something if not quite a garden at least sufficient for that BBQ. It would make sense to have that as a bigger communal space, but private is winning out over communal.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2016, 02:08 PM   #83
poshbakerloo
***Alexxx***

Likes (Received): 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy55 View Post
Yes, of course there are, but not nearly as many shops, places of employment, bars, restaurants, entertainment venues etc within a 5-10 minute walk as there are in or adjacent to a city centre.

I would think 95% of people working at Alderley Park drive there rather than walk.
Its true, they do all drive, but there is space on the roads, free parking and a generally nice environment. Fresh air, trees and spacious homes. There is plenty of nightlife in Cheshire and Manchester is only 30mins away.

I <3 London
poshbakerloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2016, 02:16 PM   #84
acebescarolina
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Zinnia Towers Quezon City

Living in a high rise building or condominium is very convenient especially those resort type condo with complete amenities.

These are couples who are looking for an ideal home in the North EDSA Quezon City area, where they grew up and are familiarized.

They are also aspiring for a place that is accessible near malls, workplaces, and schools sothey can still spend quality time with their family;

They aspire to live in an environment thats conducive to child rearing, where space and natural light are available so they can feel the warmth of nature right in their own home.

They want a place where exclusivity and security are given priority, to enjoy worry-free living within the community.
dmcionlinesales.com
acebescarolina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 10:54 PM   #85
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 25790

I agree. On top of that, the views from high floors are amazing.
I don't live in a resort, but in the bustling city center. All amenities thinkable are within walking distance.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 04:50 AM   #86
Skizo91
Photographer

Likes (Received): 126

I lived half of my life in a commieblock apartment on the 6th floor, and the other half I have been living in a suburban house.

Comparing living in a high apartment (5th floor and upwards) vs a house:

Space - obviously the house wins in this regard, but the question is do you really need that much space?

Security - This depends greatly on the area you are living in, but overall I would say apartment is probably safer since you have more and closer neighbours (more targets for burglars and people who deter burglars).

Convenience/comfort - In a house you probably deal with less noise from neighbours (however there are still lawnmowers and house parties to deal with). Sometimes tho apartments can be very quiet if you have the right kind of neighbours. House obviously wins in the regard of parking space. Apartment however is probably more likely in a more urban environment so convenience stores and other institutions/services are more close-by. Overall I would call this category a tie.

In other aspects, the house probably has a better environment for outside activities (especially for children), but the high floor apartment probably has a better view.

Personally I would go with the high floor apartment all day, as I am a young single guy and I don't need much space at all, I would be completely fine with a single room apartment. Also, I am much more attracted to the city rather than a quiet suburban environment where there is really nothing to do, aside from outside activities.

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Skizo91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote