search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 24th, 2011, 04:35 AM   #61
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 7897

i preferred the hand idea over the current design
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #62
nazrey

Likes (Received): 8967

No such current design from now on because still no real proposed design for site yet..the designs you see are just forummers personal vision design only..btw MELBOURNE architectural firm Fender Katsalidis was selected for the project!

Quote:
Melbourne firm reaches for the towering skies
Philip Hopkins November 24, 2010
http://www.theage.com.au/business/pr...123-185pm.html

MELBOURNE architectural firm Fender Katsalidis has won a design tender in Malaysia.

The tower, which will be more than 580 metres high and have more than 100 storeys.

The new structure will be built in Kuala Lumpur, surpassing also Malaysia's current highest building, the Petronas Towers, which are 452 metres tall.

The cost of the new tower has not been finalised, and detailed drawings are not yet available.

Fender Katsalidis director Karl Fender told The Age it would be a crystalline building with a shape inspired by Islamic patterning.

Mr Fender said that Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak recently announced the winning tender in Parliament. 'It has become an election topic over there, but the tower will go ahead if the Prime Minister is re-elected,'' he said.

In the interim, Mr Fender will visit New York this week for negotiations with building consultants including Leslie Robertson, one of the chief structural engineers of the World Trade Centre, which was destroyed in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

''For a building like that that [in Kuala Lumpur], you can't mess around. You must have consultants with the most most appropriate experience,'' he said. Talks with experts on mechanical electrical plumbing would also be held.

Mr Fender said the developers were aiming for the highest level of sustainability.

''It's another example of an Australian firm being selected because they were in the region (Asia Pacific) - not America or Europe - and therefore accessible, and with the appropriate experience - the Eureka Tower,'' he said.

Last edited by nazrey; August 26th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #63
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

580 meters? DAYUM!
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #64
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

oh wow height increase, amazing
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #65
azn_man12345

Likes (Received): 114

I know. Now it's the same height Shanghai Tower was originally to be ^.^
azn_man12345 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:59 PM   #66
guy4versa4
BANNED

Likes (Received): 52

love this project..hope it will pass all the obstacle..-just my idea.
guy4versa4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #67
Gendo

Likes (Received): 76

It needs to be taller if the Kuala Lumper Tower comes in at 421m to tip of spire. Not bad on the perspective though.
Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #68
Ewan117

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
No such current design from now on because still no real proposed design for site yet..the designs you see are just forummers personal vision design only..btw MELBOURNE architectural firm Fender Katsalidis was selected for the project!
Umm, I hope the tower in KL does not end up like anything that is built in Australia. Petronas Towers is one of the best supertalls in the world. This is something that this Aussie firm needs to keep in mind. Keep it cultural, modern and classy. Not something stupid in the name of 'art', something us Australians have a big tendency of doing.
Ewan117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #69
realitybites-u

Likes (Received): 5058

after looking fender katsalidis proposed design for petrovietnam tower, i'm afraid that warisan merdeka tower will look aweful. hope that he will design something iconic to overshadow petronas towers.
realitybites-u no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #70
nazrey

PNB: Work on RM5b tower project starts mid-2012
Kamarul Yunus Published: 2011/12/20
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...waras/Article/

PERMODALAN Nasional Bhd (PNB) expects to start ground works on the proposed 100-storey Menara Warisan Merdeka project by the middle of next year.

Its president and chief executive officer Tan Sri Hamad Kama Piah Che Othman said PNB has already submitted plans, including design and concept for approval to the Kuala Lumpur City Hall recently.

"We hope to receive the approval soon and will make an announcement accordingly," he told reporters after a media briefing to announce the income distribution for its Amanah Saham Bumiputera scheme for financial year ended December 31 2011 here yesterday.

He said this when was asked to provide update on the mega project.

"Usually, it takes several months for the approvals from the City Hall. We will give ample time to City Hall to evaluate thoroughly to avoid any problems in future.

"(But) by the middle of next year, we think we can carry out several groundworks and others on the project," he said.

Earlier reports said that PNB will be undertaking the RM5 billion Warisan Merdeka development over three phases in 10 years, starting with the 100-storey tower this year.

It was reported that the development will also have a shopping complex and condominium.

The tower - touted to be the country's tallest - will cost RM2.5 billion to RM3 billion and will have gross floor space of three million sq ft and 2.2 million sq ft of net floor space.

It is scheduled to be completed in 2015.

It was also reported that PNB had set up wholly-owned unit PNB Merdeka Ventures Sdn Bhd to undertake the project.

Tengku Abdul Aziz Tengku Mahmud, formerly from Guthrie Property Development Holding Bhd and Sime Darby Property Bhd, heads the company now.

Apart from the Warisan project site, PNB's other property portfolio includes Menara PNB, PNB Darby Park, Kenanga International Building, Bangunan MAS in Kuala Lumpur, Hotel Perdana in Kota Baru and PNB Ilham Resort in Port Dickson, Negri Sembilan.

Commenting on the uncertainty of the global economy next year, Hamad Kama Piah said PNB has its own strategy to face the challenges in the global arena.

"We have been facing uncertainties almost now and then. The issue of US economy, the issue of Europe, we just cannot say it is a small thing. It is something big in the world.

"So far, we have done our best because in terms of strategy, we as a long-term player have to make sure that we are creating growth for the future.

"Our strategy is always creating value, while more or less every year we pay dividend. This is the basic principle of investing," he said.
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #71
thienzieyung
"Full Time Tourist"

Likes (Received): 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqxbaik View Post
bad location! this supertall tower should be located in a densely-populated building area, maybe around KLCC or Golden Triangle area, just look at TM Tower, it is very tall but surrounded by what? nothing! so that tower looks stupid.
IMO, I like the location of TM Tower. With its unique design, it dominates the area around Bangsar, making it noticable. If it were crammed around KLCC its awesome design wouldn't be noticed that much.
Old December 20th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #72
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6264

Great news

Follow me on Twitter: @Black_Peak
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #73
Annaezett
Mr

Likes (Received): 19

I was wondering why Plaza Rakyat with 382m still on hold. Malaysia government need do something with it.
Annaezett no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:12 PM   #74
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaezett
I was wondering why Plaza Rakyat with 382m still on hold. Malaysia government need do something with it.
Yeh, plaza rakyat is on hold since i am interested on Skyscrapers....and that's a quite long time already.

Old December 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM   #75
sepul

Likes (Received): 1525

latest news is the tower gonna be 545 meters at roof level, plus telecom pole on top will be about 613 meters high.. construction may start 2nd half 2012 but subject to change of government in Malaysia (General Election early next year and the Opposition hates this "wasteful" tower.. the same ruling party has been ruling the country for more than half a century though..)
sepul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 09:55 PM   #76
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepul View Post
latest news is the tower gonna be 545 meters at roof level, plus telecom pole on top will be about 613 meters high.. construction may start 2nd half 2012 but subject to change of government in Malaysia (General Election early next year and the Opposition hates this "wasteful" tower.. the same ruling party has been ruling the country for more than half a century though..)
wow this sounds amazing, could you provide a source for it though?
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM   #77
sepul

sorry, it was an inside guy who leaked the info, so no news in papers/notice etc.. as I said unfortunately this project is a very sensitive issue in Malaysian politics.. they have to keep this one low profile..
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM   #78
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

I really hope it get's build

Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:40 AM   #79
sepul

hope so too

more info- the tower will have 118 floors, the final design has been submitted to the KL City Hall, now pending approval and order of development.. piling may start some time next year..
Old December 30th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #80
nazrey

Tags
heritage of independence, jalan hang jebat, kl118 tower, megatall, menara warisan merdeka, pnb headquarters