search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #121
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 4397

Don't mind at all the pleasant interlude. Actually, it would be interesting as an aside to shed some light on who the people of Warsaw were and who they are now, what demographic and cultural changes have occured

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:50 PM   #122
angelika
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Bonjour ā tous !

Mr Karasek was and wrote in the "Warsaw in 1945... look at that"...

If Mr Karasek come here, I have a message for him, because he loves to criticize Poland !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Karasek ( Sorry for my English ) !

Mr Karasek wrote :

[QUOTE=Karasek;73851965]Of course Poles could do whatever they wanted with the new territories. But a program to eradicate the cultural heritage of the German nation is in no way different than the destruction of the Polish cultural heritage. Both originates from the same twisted, nationalistic mindset, and it's no coincidence that it happened in two autocratic societies.
And no, the new territories weren't all in ruins. The entire area to the south od the Odra for example was mostly untouched. Jelenia Gora, perfectly preserved, was destroyed by the Polish Commies. The old town of Legnica, a picture-perfect example of Friderician rococo, was leveled because of their Prussian heritage. In Nysa hundreds of preserved medieval town houses were

destroyed, and in Wroclaw the eastern part of the old town, which survived the war in acceptable condition, was leveled. Polish preservationists estimated in 1986 that the majority of the destructions in the towns of Silesia AOTE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??????????????????????????????????????????????????? :

WELL my answer to Mister Karasek,

( Sorry for my bad English, I'm French ).

Monsieur,

You write really strange things, on the contrary, most of the palaces, castles, churches, and towns of Silesia are being on restoration today, all Polish heritage and all this region is restored now, so the German heritage too !

What you're talking is without nonsense because "Silesia" is not in ruins, because this region and the rest of Poland is in permanent restoration today,
simply : the German, Polish, Jews, etc... heritage, all over Poland, is being restored now, also cities you cited "Wroclaw, Nysa, Legnica etc " ...

Again, restorations concern Poland's castles, palaces, churches, etc. ...

Poland spends astronomical sums for restorations, reconstructions etc. ..

Poland is a country that becomes richest year by year, and that you can see while you're traveling through all Poland ...

There are more restorations in Poland than in any other European country !

My country which is France is in crisis, so they are not so many restorations today, maybe in few years, i hope ...

Poland is a vast project, which is not the case of Germany, because
Germany is in crisis, and Germany hasn't so much money than before !

The past is the past, what is important today, is to save all "Heritage" what we have in all Europe and never, ... never do what was done between 1939-1945 ! We must live together without WAR, HATE, etc... this is important for us "European" and for the new European generations who even don't know what happened between Germany & Poland.

And big bravo for Warsaw, because when i was there with my children's, they don't want believe me when I told them that Warsaw was destroyed,
because :

The reconstructed Warsaw is huge and incredibly beautiful !!!

And today the reconstructed city is being restored, so why Warsaw is so colorful, it's a pleasure for eyes !

Hello from France, Lyon.
angelika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:07 PM   #123
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Thanks Angelika. I wholeheartedly agree we must never do what we did in that last war again, it has taken generations to restore the physical structure of our cities and nation but the traumatic damage to the psyche is still not repaired. Hateful and ignornant comments from any side are not helpful towards creating the new European family based on mutual respect and support. We can see from the Euro crisis how interconnected we are. This is why in this thread I don't tolerate any hate.

Old March 31st, 2011, 09:20 PM   #124
rychlik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6549

Angelika..... thanks for the love. I may have to visit your country soon enough.
rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:45 AM   #125
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 4911

Here we go again...
Why would there be a need to post this in two threads, angelika? I thought at least this thread was solely about the reconstruction effort of Warsaw?
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM   #126
angelika
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiaren View Post
Here we go again...
Why would there be a need to post this in two threads, angelika? I thought at least this thread was solely about the reconstruction effort of Warsaw?

Sorry, you like it or not, but I do what I want, everyone is free.
angelika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM   #127
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Tiaren, I thought you were going to post some more before and after of Unter Den Linden. I'm getting my next batch ready, but won't have time to post until later in weekend. Cheers

Old April 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM   #128
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 4911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanista1 View Post
Tiaren, I thought you were going to post some more before and after of Unter Den Linden. I'm getting my next batch ready, but won't have time to post until later in weekend. Cheers
I was and I will! I had quite a lot work the last week and to be honest now angelika turned me completely off.
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:32 PM   #129
Urbanista1
Here and Now

I don't know who Angelika is, don't wish him/her any ill. In any case, extreme or provocative comments are not welcome. This is about the reconstruction of Warsaw and any comparisons are welcome. There are other threads for discussing Polish-German relations under Domus Ludicrae Maximus (very suitable heading). Anyway, let's not be daunted by negativity, I fight it everyday, we're going to win. I wish I had the power to move some postings

Last edited by Urbanista1; April 1st, 2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:35 PM   #130
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Various Streets - Szpitalna

Old April 1st, 2011, 09:37 PM   #131
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Chlodna

Before the war

Aerial Before Wartime destruction

After

After Reconstruction

This street is currently undergoing a major streetscape facelift

Before recent restoration

After

Last edited by Urbanista1; April 14th, 2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old April 1st, 2011, 09:37 PM   #132
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Bracka

Old April 1st, 2011, 10:10 PM   #133
rychlik
BANNED

Angelika was not being offensive. Some German posters here are very sensitive.
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:42 PM   #134
Urbanista1
Here and Now

I wasn't necessarily referring to Angelika, it applies to both sides or all sides. You are right the German poster was insensitive, but it is the same person(s) usually so we know what to expect. Angelika's post are usually very positive, we have seen them on the Polish thread as well. That's why I said I wish to could remove the offensive posts on my thread from any side. Provocative posts can be very true but inappropriate for this thread, which is about Warsaw's reconstruction and not about Slask/Silesia. Prawda, czy nie?

Old April 2nd, 2011, 01:47 AM   #135
rychlik
BANNED

Zgadzam sie
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:21 AM   #136
rychlik
BANNED

A few more additions.

St. Alexanders, 1946. Most of the structure could've been rebuilt. Damn commies..

Warsaw in the 1960's. Do you notice anything missing?
Old April 2nd, 2011, 07:47 AM   #137
Urbanista1
Here and Now

I know I'm looking at the old town, but can't orient myself. the building in ruins is the castle or rather the barbican?

Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:36 AM   #138
jumping_jack
midnight talker

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychlik View Post

St. Alexanders, 1946. Most of the structure could've been rebuilt. Damn commies..
of course i respect your opinion and you may prefer the appearance from the late nineteenth century but the restoration is correct from the methodological point of view. after a debate experts decided to restore the church to its neoclassical form because of its greater architectural value, in fact, the nineteenth-century expansion was rather confused and ill-proportioned

Last edited by jumping_jack; April 2nd, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
jumping_jack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM   #139
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumping_jack View Post
of course i respect your opinion and you may prefer the appearance from the late nineteenth century but the restoration is correct from the methodological point of view. after a debate experts decided to restore the church to its neoclassical form because of its greater architectural value, in fact, the nineteenth-century expansion was rather confused and ill-proportioned
You think so? What else do you know about this churches history?
Old April 2nd, 2011, 09:10 AM   #140
jumping_jack
midnight talker

Likes (Received): 799

for example?
jumping_jack no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
warsaw, warszawa