search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2014, 02:22 PM   #101
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 12972

I think we may reach up to 100 supertall plots for Shenzhen anytime within a few years.

On the other hand this one may take ages since they'd have to clear the plot. We don't even know if the project is real, it's just a model (hopefully not fan made).

More than
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on going in
China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2014, 02:34 PM   #102
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 7442

We may get a lot of plots, if most get built is a total different story though. The current boom is already amazing and it looks like that with the many prep buildings the boom will continue for longer. Hopefully this city will become a supertall ocean in the end and not have an abrupt end to its boom as Dubai had. Although the size of this city and the desperate need and will for office space makes me hopeful that it indeed can support a much longer stable growth like this.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:56 PM   #103
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Well, 15,000,000 people in less than 2000km2 and counting. Even if the office demand stagnates they'll need hundreds of new residential towers, if not thousands.

More than
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on going in
China.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:14 PM   #104
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6107

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
Well, 15,000,000 people in less than 2000km2 and counting. Even if the office demand stagnates they'll need hundreds of new residential towers, if not thousands.
And i guess they need tall towers too

Follow me on Twitter: @Black_Peak
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:38 PM   #105
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Yup, 200m+ residentials are becoming quite usual lately. I'd even expect residential supertalls for cities like Shenzhen.

More than
on going in
China.

totaleclipse1985, ZZ-II liked this post
Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:48 PM   #106
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

well east pacific is supertall and residential, so one is already completed! i am also hoping for more to follow.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 11:51 PM   #107
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

I'm hoping for hundreds to follow.

More than
on going in
China.

totaleclipse1985 liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2014, 07:35 AM   #108
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1297

I think that the boom doesn't stop as long as the wages and the standart of living in Shenzhen are getting better. Because as long as the people there can afford better life conditions (for example a larger flat) there will be demand for new living space. Another factor for the boom to go on would be that the groth of the economy isn't stagnating and that more and more people are moving to Shenzhen.

Last edited by TowerVerre:); July 23rd, 2014 at 07:42 AM.
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2014, 12:08 AM   #109
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 3318

Do you guys think that Shenzhen might turn out to become the biggest city in china?
not counting metropolitan areas. It seems to be the innovation centre of China and its population seems to be almost as big as the top three(Guangzhou,Beijing,Shanghai),
considering that all other cities in china include large rural populations and have several spread out independent urban cores.
Shenzhen has no major rural population to speak of and all land is being built on. Maybe Shenzhen already have the largest contiguous urban area in China?
lowenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #110
totaleclipse1985

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenmeister View Post
Do you guys think that Shenzhen might turn out to become the biggest city in china?
not counting metropolitan areas. It seems to be the innovation centre of China and its population seems to be almost as big as the top three(Guangzhou,Beijing,Shanghai),
considering that all other cities in china include large rural populations and have several spread out independent urban cores.
Shenzhen has no major rural population to speak of and all land is being built on. Maybe Shenzhen already have the largest contiguous urban area in China?
Yes, it indeed has - but the contigous urban area is far larger than Shenzhen. It includes Dongguang (about 8mio people), Guangzhou (about 16mio people), Foshan (about 8mio people) and if you want Hong Kong (7.2mio people) - the area southwards of Foshan up to Macau is not really a build-up area yet (but may soon be). It's called the Pearl River Delta or Pearl River Megacity and already has more than 50mio people in it's build-up area. This may very well increase to about 80mio (population of Germany) in 2025.
totaleclipse1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2014, 01:42 AM   #111
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

I think we may be very close to 100 supertalls for Shenzhen if we include proposals. I'll update the Shenzhen list when I have time. Hope we get 100 built ones within 2025.

More than
on going in
China.
Old July 24th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #112
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

I am thinking that figure is far too optimistic. Thinking 50 might be possible, considering we have about 15 finished and U/C, about 65-70 real (not white boxes on a render / having a name) proposals, of which maybe 25 get built within that time and maybe 10 more projects that get proposed and built within the time limit that we haven't yet heard of, but who knows, if baishizhou, shenwan and qianhai all move forward within the next years, I would be really glad to be proven wrong. My guess might be too careful, so we will see, still feels like a dream what is happening in the city.

kunming tiger liked this post
Old July 25th, 2014, 01:07 PM   #113
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

July 2014

FULL LIST

CURRENT TALLEST

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

BY CITY

More than
on going in
China.

Last edited by z0rg; July 25th, 2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old July 25th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #114
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Still adding 1 supertall every week on the average. I didn't include around 5-8 unconfirmed supertalls, mainly for Shenzhen.

More than
on going in
China.
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:54 PM   #115
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

SEG plaza has an official height of under 300m according to ctbuh. Not sure if it was changed, because on SSP it was counted as a spire before as well until I changed it recently. ZZ-II supertall also doesn't count it anymore.
Old July 25th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #116
Julito-dubai
Yes We Can !

Location: Nanjing (CN), Beijing (CN), Braunschweig (GER), Dubai (UAE)
Likes (Received): 217

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article78980.html

Should be a 300m for Taizhou. I guess Taizhou, Jiangsu

Another Picture of the tower

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CCYQrQMwAQ

- Your man for special investigative tasks in the Yangtse River Delta ! -

Three things I am following on the Internet:

- Skyscraper Construction in China
- Developing Story of Andrea Rossi and the Ecat. A new technology to produce heat and electricity through a new nuclear process called LENR
- Discovery of Extrasolar Planets

z0rg, TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by Julito-dubai; July 25th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.
Julito-dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 11:43 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
I think we may reach up to 100 supertall plots for Shenzhen anytime within a few years.
Reached

Faisal Shourov, ed500 liked this post
Old July 27th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #118
Faisal Shourov
Bleach lover

Likes (Received): 4219

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerVerre:) View Post
Reached
Thanks for your effort bro! But I don't think Shenzhen can build more than 35-40 supertalls by 2025. 100 is way too many !

This is the list of all the current supertalls (built, t/o, u/c, prep) in Shenzhen

Built

1. KK100 (442m)
2. Shun Hing Square (384m)
3. East Pacific Center Tower A (306m)
4. Heung Kong Tower (303m)

Under construction

1. Ping An Finance Center (660m)
2. China Resources Headquarters Main Tower (400m)
3. Shum Yip Upperhills Tower 1 (389m)
4. Gemdale Gangxia Tower (380m)
5. Shenzhen World Finance Center (368m)
6. Hanking Center (350m)
7. China Chenung Tower (333m)
8. Hon Kwok City Center (329m)
9. Baoneng Center (327m)
10. Riverfront Times Square (300m)
11. Shum Yip Upperhills Tower 2 (300m)

Preparation

1. Shenzhen International Trade Center (430m)
2. Tianji International Plaza Tower 1 (395m)
3. One Shenzhen Bay (338m)
4. Shimao Qianhai Project (330m)
5. Excellence Qianhai Tower 1 (320m)
6. OCT Tower (319m)
7. Chuntian Tower (300m)
8. Excellence Qianhai Tower 2 (~300m)
9. Galaxy Project (300m)
10. China Resources Dachong Redevelopment Project (+300m)
11. Weixin Software Science & Technology Park Phase III | 984ft (300m)

Total- 26

TowerVerre:) liked this post
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #119

Since Liuxiandong Towers seems site preperation now too, we have a total of 30...

I think your guess with 35 to 40 is far to pessimistic, since nearly all this 30 towers will get finished within 5 years. And in 6 years time (until 2020, because I am calculating 5 years time to construct a supertall) many more projects will have started, which should be finished by 2025. Just look at what has started in the past 5 years, and we not even had this crazy number of proposals at this time. Imagine what would happen if they only start Baishizhou Redevelopment project, this alone would bring us 12 more supertalls.

Old August 2nd, 2014, 06:24 PM   #120
ed500

Likes (Received): 1313

Update 02/08/14

KillerZavatar, BIFC, RockAss, pteranodon, CP11 and 2 others liked this post
ed500 no está en línea   Reply With Quote