search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > General Developments and Discussions > Bridges

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 14th, 2015, 06:51 PM   #21
[atomic]

Likes (Received): 109

if I understand right the issue is free access to the Sea of azov which is an inland Sea of 2 countries and if someone wants to limit access to it both countries have to agree to it.
[atomic] no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2015, 11:27 AM   #22
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2224

Maybe then they can make one small underwater section.
If you want compatibility with standards and security, ¿why do you recomend firefox and not
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
?

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 06:32 PM   #23
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 4344

A funicular is now also proposed.

http://ria.ru/crimea_today/20141217/1038785489.html

One commenter on the article predicts that the Kerch Strait Catapult will be the next proposal.

Zaz965, Kozhedub, adevahi liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 03:45 PM   #24
Avangard-55

Likes (Received): 3327

http://www.handelsblatt.com/unterneh.../11304842.html

According to this article, the company Stroygazmontazh of Arkady Rotenberg will shall build the bridge till december 2018.
Avangard-55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 06:58 PM   #25
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Correct. He is a friend of the most polite president.

http://ria.ru/infografika/20141031/1031185843.html

Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 30th, 2015, 10:28 PM   #26
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5008

more one pic...

http://www.tol.org/client/article/24...t-honored.html
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:12 AM   #27
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

This is becoming redundant now that Russian occupation of Mariupol is looking more certain by the day.
Old April 7th, 2015, 09:07 PM   #28
SDrake

Likes (Received): 2

With all the unrest in the area, I doubt there would be money to invest to build it. Russia is very tight economically at the moment.
SDrake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 08:18 AM   #29
moosefoot

Likes (Received): 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
This is becoming redundant now that Russian occupation of Mariupol is looking more certain by the day.
Highly doubt it. Besides, Mariupol is a long way from the closest land bridge to Crimea:

The kind of massive military endeavour implied here (securing a passage 200-250 miles into foreign territory, taking control of rail infrastructure etc) would be immensely expensive both economically and diplomatically.

I bet the bridge across the narrow little strait (3 miles of water only a few feet deep, save for the central channel that allows ships to pass through) would wind up being way cheaper than that, not to mention just beefing up shipping (which is already happening).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDrake View Post
With all the unrest in the area, I doubt there would be money to invest to build it. Russia is very tight economically at the moment.
There is no unrest in the Republic of Crimea or in Krasnodar Krai, the two territories that are relevant here. I don't know how the financing situation looks like, but I suspect this thing's gonna be delayed a lot even though construction is said to start in a few months...

Foreign investment is probably out of the question for obvious reasons and while Russia does afford it on its own even at this stage, it's not like there aren't other areas that need big spending much more.

Also, the money already allocated for bringing Crimea up to Russian standards (fixing the crumbling infrastructure, communications etc) and making it independent from Ukraine in terms of water supply etc is ridiculous as it is (just look in the Russian section here on this forum, there are a number of Crimea threads kept up to date by residents of the peninsula, the amount of stuff being done is nothing short of staggering ). Even bigger money might become difficult to justify down the road, since a lot has to be done elsewhere too.

Well, I'll be watching it but I'd wager that the proposed timetables are a wee bit too optimistic...
moosefoot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 09:33 AM   #30
moosefoot

Actually, come think about it... The "Tuzla" version of the bridge that seems to be what they're going for now (that uses Tuzla Island for a portion of it) could perhaps be built in 2-3 years. Now, I'm only a layperson and I might be horribly wrong but this is how I see it:

Apart from the fact that almost 1/3rd of the way is across said island, the water depth is nearly negligible over the remaining 2/3rds (hovering around 3 feet most of the time, apart from the aforementioned channel just off the coast to the west that is very narrow and the only portion that would require a "proper" bridge to facilitate for passing ships). That ought to make things a fair bit easier, seeing that a person of average height could actually wade beside it most of the way...

A somewhat similar bridge (across shallow water, considerable length, no huge free spans) was built north of Vladivostok in the Russian Far East a few years ago, namely the motor bridge across the Amur bay. It's of similar length and was built in less than 3 years:
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Мост_через_Амурский_залив
(no English article on it I'm afraid)

However, it is only a motor bridge so I guess flinging a railway on it as well (as they're proposing in the Kerch case) would make construction take longer and naturally be way more expensive.

Another similar thing that's U/C is the so-called "Western Rapid Diameter" in St. Petersburg - a massive highway along the western waterfront of the city. Only parts of it are across water (the mouths of the Neva river "delta"), but nearly all of it is elevated. There are some threads about it in the Russian section, like this one:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...731398&page=62

Interestingly, one of the companies that are involved in this ongoing St. Petersburg project are also involved with the Kerch strait bridge project. This company was also involved in Vladivostok, but not with the Amur bay bridge, just the massive and indeed well-known "Russky" bridge.

So based on this, I think that it actually can happen (re Kerch, that is) reasonably fast, if the money's there. These folks have gotten things done in the past and know what they're doing. Now, they also seem to be saying that money is indeed available:
http://www.c-inform.info/news/id/21330
(article from yesterday in a Crimean news outlet)

And all the preparations are supposed to be done by August, with construction commencing shortly thereafter... Interesting.
Old April 9th, 2015, 01:33 AM   #31
moosefoot

Another serious issue reported here:
http://ankerch-crimea.ru/page/news/71299/

The area is littered with UXO left from World War II, and they have already found and defused several bombs.
Old April 14th, 2015, 05:09 AM   #32
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5053

any news?
Old April 16th, 2015, 11:22 AM   #33
moosefoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
any news?
Work is apparently ongoing.

Now, construction equipment is starting to show up on the Taman pensinaula:

Zaz965, DJaCoNdA, DEsl, brick84, Qtya and 4 others liked this post
Old May 21st, 2015, 08:30 AM   #34
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Photos have been posted to facebook showing construction of the bridge

https://www.facebook.com/MySimf/posts/543974855741482

Gubot liked this post
Old May 21st, 2015, 02:58 PM   #35
DEsl
BANNED

Likes (Received): 343

Can we pls stick to the bridge and not the Ukrainian war?
DEsl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:06 PM   #36
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

sucks that you were brigged. Hope it's not for long.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:52 PM   #37
void0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2817

Bridge construction is the matter of surviving of the Crimean residents, because from time to time (depends on commercial interests of the Ukrainian companies, delivering good to Crimea) Ukraine closes the borders. This is also applied to construction of energy bridge to Crimea, because now Ukraine supplies Crimea with the electricity just because Russia does it to Ukraine by very discounted prices.
I hope they will use Crimean subcontractors as much as possible, because currently wages in Crimea are only 50% of Russia's average and this should be improved.
I think the bridge will be completed according to schedule, that is autumn 2018.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 01:24 PM   #38
DEsl
BANNED

Likes (Received): 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by void0 View Post
Bridge construction is the matter of surviving of the Crimean residents, because from time to time (depends on commercial interests of the Ukrainian companies, delivering good to Crimea) Ukraine closes the borders. This is also applied to construction of energy bridge to Crimea, because now Ukraine supplies Crimea with the electricity just because Russia does it to Ukraine by very discounted prices.
I hope they will use Crimean subcontractors as much as possible, because currently wages in Crimea are only 50% of Russia's average and this should be improved.
I think the bridge will be completed according to schedule, that is autumn 2018.
I doubt it will go 100% according to schedule but when it is completed it will will increase the living standards of many Crimeans

Avangard-55 liked this post
DEsl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:59 AM   #39
moosefoot

Lots of activity now, and the temporary bridge to the central island is well underway:

Workers barracks:

Highway construction/extensions in both Kerch and Taman (M25/A290/E97) are also underway. The bridge will link them up (previously M25 terminated at Port Kavkaz).

Last edited by moosefoot; June 23rd, 2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old July 16th, 2015, 02:42 PM   #40
Avangard-55

Likes (Received): 3327

Quote:
Originally Posted by megajack View Post
с роадс.ру, панорама Тузлы:

(кликабельно)
It's going on.

DEsl, Zaz965, nvtimports, bus driver, Qtya and 1 others liked this post
Avangard-55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote