search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2016, 07:19 PM   #1
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4419

NEW YORK | Court Square City View Tower | 229m | 752ft | 66 fl | Pro

LIC really is on fire. It just might be ready to blow Brooklyn out the water.
It looks like this might be a supertall but until further notice...

Queens developer files for 79-story LIC resi tower
http://therealdeal.com/2016/02/08/qu...ic-resi-tower/

Quote:
Flushing-based developer Chris Jiashu Xu filed plans for a massive 79-story residential tower in Long Island City.

The proposed 778,000-square-foot building, located at 23-15 44th Drive, just north of One Court Square, will contain 774 apartments within 759,000 square feet of residential space, along with about 20,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor, according to a permit application filed with the city on Saturday.
The number of apartments per floor will vary widely as they increase in size. There will be 32 units and 24 units on the fifth and sixth floors respectively, 11 units per floor from the eighth to the 60th floor, and even fewer on the higher floors, the application shows. The 76th through 78th floors will have just three apartments apiece.

Goldstein, Hill & West is the architect of record, the filing shows. The property will be called Court Square City View Tower, according to the developer’s website.

Chris, also known as Jaishu, previously worked with his brother George Xu under the name C&G Empire Realty. He now runs United Construction and Development Group, while George operates under the name Century Development Group.

The brothers bought the site together under the C&G moniker back in July, paying $143 million to Citigroup.
The project will break ground in 2017, according to the United Construction’s website.

Chris Xu was unavailable for comment. A outgoing message at United Construction’s office cited the Chinese New Year.

Last edited by desertpunk; April 28th, 2016 at 06:28 PM.
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2016, 09:22 PM   #2
Hudson11
Excelsior!

Likes (Received): 20104

I remember hearing about this site's potential, it seems it will be fully exploited. Great news!
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 09:56 PM   #3
TonyNYC

Likes (Received): 31

New York Yimby has tower at 963 Feet...21 feet shy of the 1st supertall in LIC.. Are you kidding..COME ON!!

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
TonyNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2016, 10:58 PM   #4
Ghostface79

From the article,

http://newyorkyimby.com/2016/02/79-s...land-city.html
Quote:
Dubbed Court Square City View Tower, the 963-foot-tall building would be one of the tallest in the neighborhood, where dozens of glassy high rises pop up every few months. It will be 300 feet taller than CitiGroup’s iconic One Court Square
More renderings

963' it what was submitted to the DOB so it might not include the crown. It might be an illusion but looking at those pictures it does look a bit taller than 963'.
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:07 PM   #5
Jay

Likes (Received): 1783

I love it!

There could be 2 900+ footers in LIC in the future, awesome

citybooster, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 08:52 AM   #6
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 7898

Awesome tower

KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 08:04 PM   #7
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6713

Didn't know it was an ethnic Chinese developer! Not sure about his individual track record but definitely looks like a sure thing to me now!
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 09:10 PM   #8
Jay

Likes (Received): 1783

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNYC View Post
New York Yimby has tower at 963 Feet...21 feet shy of the 1st supertall in LIC.. Are you kidding..COME ON!!
963 might be the top floor, we'll wait and see. Either way it's a very welcomed addition.

Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2016, 11:29 PM   #9
ophizer

Likes (Received): 128

ophizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2016, 04:27 AM   #10
baronson

Likes (Received): 504

So excited for this. I live a few blocks from Court Sq and can probably watch this rise from my apt window. I think LIC will have the first supertall proposed within 5 years.

baronson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 06:37 PM   #11
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 7898

solid design. it also has very good proportions

KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2016, 10:18 PM   #12
Yackemflaber68

Likes (Received): 177

looks good
Yackemflaber68 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2016, 12:55 PM   #13
TallestKidOnTheBlock

This may be one of the blandest designs I have ever seen. And the unique details that are supposed to make it stand out somehow manage to make it even worse.
TallestKidOnTheBlock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 05:33 AM   #14
kingsc

Likes (Received): 196

Very interesting can't wait to see if it makes it.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:39 AM   #15
BLACK DAHLIA
IN H.HUGUES FOOTSTEPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallestKidOnTheBlock View Post
This may be one of the blandest designs I have ever seen. And the unique details that are supposed to make it stand out somehow manage to make it even worse.

Are you far from the countryside?....You need a break my friend!..
BLACK DAHLIA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2016, 10:10 PM   #16
Hudson11
Excelsior!

Likes (Received): 20104

puny Citi Tower

http://www.6sqft.com/pricing-and-ren...y/the-jackson/

Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 09:27 PM   #17
TallestKidOnTheBlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DAHLIA View Post
Are you far from the countryside?....You need a break my friend!..
I don't think it's a bad thing to set certain standards for constructions that will stand for many decades. I would love to have my opinion changed, but as far as I can see this is nothing but a large glass box. And large glass boxes are so last decade.
Old February 24th, 2016, 10:03 PM   #18
Ghostface79

If this is a box then every building on the planet that doesn't have a curved shape is a box, it could just be me but I see setbacks.
As far as buildings setting standards for construction, I'm fairly sure most of us skyscraper/architecture enthusiasts wish that would be the case for every single building, but in the real world one has to consider the economics of such project.
LIC doesn't warrant a developer spending more money on design than it needs to, this is not Manhattan where a building needs to stand out to attract buyers/ renters. We should be glad to see buildings of that height rising rising as they are now in LIC, and if demand keeps growing, you can bet we will see more interesting designs. Just see what happened in Brooklyn, we had a bunch of duds rising till we got a 340 Flatbush.
So for now I am beyond ok with average buildings with not so average heights going up it LIC, cause it is just getting started. Besides, how many prominent cities just here in the US have 2 proposed 900'+ Buildings? Not many.

MarshallKnight liked this post
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 10:29 PM   #19
TallestKidOnTheBlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface79 View Post
If this is a box then every building on the planet that doesn't have a curved shape is a box, it could just be me but I see setbacks.
As far as buildings setting standards for construction, I'm fairly sure most of us skyscraper/architecture enthusiasts wish that would be the case for every single building, but in the real world one has to consider the economics of such project.
LIC doesn't warrant a developer spending more money on design than it needs to, this is not Manhattan where a building needs to stand out to attract buyers/ renters. We should be glad to see buildings of that height rising rising as they are now in LIC, and if demand keeps growing, you can bet we will see more interesting designs. Just see what happened in Brooklyn, we had a bunch of duds rising till we got a 340 Flatbush.
So for now I am beyond ok with average buildings with not so average heights going up it LIC, cause it is just getting started. Besides, how many prominent cities just here in the US have 2 proposed 900'+ Buildings? Not many.
I agree we should be happy with taller buildings. But all of these pure glass facades are just so boring. I think what I'm really missing outside of the city centers is something that deviates from the mere glass curtains, which have shot up by the hundreds in the last few decades. And I honestly can't imagine that it would be much more expensive for a developer to construct a building with windows and walls rather than pure glass.

Anyway, you actually managed to change my mind. I think you're right when you say that we should be "beyond ok with average buildings with not so average heights going up it LIC, cause it is just getting started." That's a really good point.
Old February 24th, 2016, 11:36 PM   #20
baronson

Likes (Received): 504

exactly, I don't see this as a showstopper tower but moreso an indictor that taller buildings will be proposed in the future. As more 900 foot towers go up, there will be a push to build taller (and hopefully more exciting) buildings as the neighborhood develops.
baronson no está en línea   Reply With Quote