search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > General Developments and Discussions > Bridges

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 4th, 2006, 08:11 AM   #121
Armon

Likes (Received): 4

Copying is good as long as they improve.
Armon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #122
Kiss the Rain
WoyaoDaJb

Likes (Received): 20

Copying is good, if it's money saving and no one have any problems with it.
Old December 5th, 2006, 02:58 AM   #123
Mekky II
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

I don't know why people did get in fire so quickly because India was mentionned, maybe a fear (assurely India is loved by whole the world) but i am happy that you all speak english to me. Cheers !
Mekky II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:55 AM   #124
Hidden Dragon

Likes (Received): 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekky II View Post
I don't know why people did get in fire so quickly because India was mentionned, maybe a fear (assurely India is loved by whole the world) but i am happy that you all speak english to me. Cheers !
Especially loved by all its neighbors.
Hidden Dragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:06 AM   #125
Kenwen
Mosher "K"

Likes (Received): 131

Quote:
China dont fear India at all with 3 times the economy size of India and beat them in the war in 1962....................Ok, stop this crap, China is a huge nations, espeacially the economy is booming now, so i think millions of bridges are constructing now 2 improve infrastructure, china needs 2 keep its world class infrastructure 2 maintain the economic growth
Kenwen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #126
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1098

Quote:
Be jealous of bridges ? Come on I have better to do ! They are not even ecological bridges ahah ! there was nothing linked to jealousy in my words, i was thinking of bridges but every others projects also... To be tacky, i would say industrial revolutions did pass in my town, so we don't care much of new bridges over here eheheh !
you lead china forward in the past, doesnt mean you will lead ahead in future.
how do you know china didnt pretect histrical buildings? just by some pics of demolished buildings? who tell you those buildings are histrical value? i can tell you, china pretect histrical buildings and old trees very strictly by law.
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:25 AM   #127
Mekky II
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post
you lead china forward in the past, doesnt mean you will lead ahead in future.
how do you know china didnt pretect histrical buildings? just by some pics of demolished buildings? who tell you those buildings are histrical value? i can tell you, china pretect histrical buildings and old trees very strictly by law.
Maybe the press should be free to let us see how China protects its historical districts by law, you don't agree ? I do know this problem with courageous journalists that did spy there with army around ! They were able to see what Beijing municipality was able to do to "clean" the place and show to the world how wonderful is the city and whole China ! But we should not be surprise, it's always communist propaganda, and maybe a lot of chineses are not even aware of such propaganda because they are too much busy to get food by working and so on, but one day they will want to understand because more free time to think about it !... Let's hope it happens as soon as possible !

About other comments ( about regional lovers of India or chinese economy), i don't want to answer to this, because it's completely displaced in this thread !! I would make only a single comment to end this (i don't know if it will make again people in fire or not), actually indians are far to learn mandarin, they learn english... By considering it the future biggest country, and with addition to others (by others, i mean english speaking world and its friends), well... you can imagine what that means ! Confucius would have make surely good remarks about all this, more peaceful, less agressive and a lot more important that "I wanna be proud of my chinese mega-bridges" eheheh !
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:42 AM   #128
null
Mind Reader

Likes (Received): 949

you have made my day

Highcliff liked this post
null no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:52 AM   #129
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 13642

Quote:
Maybe the press should be free to let us see how China protects its historical districts by law, you don't agree ? I do know this problem with courageous journalists that did spy there with army around ! They were able to see what Beijing municipality was able to do to "clean" the place and show to the world how wonderful is the city and whole China ! But we should not be surprise, it's always communist propaganda, and maybe a lot of chineses are not even aware of such propaganda because they are too much busy to get food by working and so on, but one day they will want to understand because more free time to think about it !... Let's hope it happens as soon as possible !

About other comments ( about regional lovers of India or chinese economy), i don't want to answer to this, because it's completely displaced in this thread !! I would make only a single comment to end this (i don't know if it will make again people in fire or not), actually indians are far to learn mandarin, they learn english... By considering it the future biggest country, and with addition to others (by others, i mean english speaking world and its friends), well... you can imagine what that means ! Confucius would have make surely good remarks about all this, more peaceful, less agressive and a lot more important that "I wanna be proud of my chinese mega-bridges" eheheh !
!!

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:56 AM   #130
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:

oh man...

Old December 6th, 2006, 03:44 AM   #131
ThaiSiamese

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
I'm not sure if this guy is some jealousy Indian or some jerk who try to frame a war between China and India. By the way, just cut the crap and continue this wonderful thread.
ThaiSiamese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #132
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 26

quick someone find more pictures of crazy ass bridges!!!

me+flickr=joy
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #133
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Construction pictures of Chongming bridge (10.3km) and tunnel (8.9km)

Old December 6th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #134
Mekky II
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSiamese View Post
I'm not sure if this guy is some jealousy Indian or some jerk who try to frame a war between China and India. By the way, just cut the crap and continue this wonderful thread.
Because you ask it nicely, call me indo-european. have a good night ! (supposely it's night now in Bangkok). Yes, let's continue this wonderful thread and make few chineses aware of chinese bridges
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:28 PM   #135
duskdawn
My Heart is with Beijing.

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
I always found amazing undemocratic countries, they built stuffs without asking to the population if it's nice or not, if it costs a lot or not, or if a bunch of houses are historical or not, really amazing... enjoying life in China, until a better future with India.

Anyways, thank you for leaving us alone, Mekky.
Guys, I want to see more photos and less arguments please.

Last edited by duskdawn; December 8th, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
duskdawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #136
thyrdrail
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

this bridge is really butt ugly. nothing compared to golden gate or Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. looks like it's made entirely from concrete.

this is a really beautiful traditional chinese town. so green and lush compared to polluted, smoggy, overbuilt chinese cities.

[/QUOTE]
thyrdrail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:25 AM   #137
snowmancn

Likes (Received): 0

I love Chongming bridge. I have thought about to buy a house in Chongming island when I retired and back to China.
snowmancn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #138
Armon

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyrdrail View Post
this bridge is really butt ugly. nothing compared to golden gate or Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. looks like it's made entirely from concrete.

Why is the water brown?
Old December 12th, 2006, 06:36 AM   #139
Pax Sinica
Rise of SERES

Likes (Received): 0

mud is brown.
Pax Sinica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #140
zergling

Likes (Received): 3

what the **** is India doing in a Chinese bridge thread? Can all the india-related issues just get the **** away from Chinese-dedicated threads?
zergling no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bridge, china