search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Under Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 25th, 2016, 02:59 PM   #1341
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 1921

Excuse me but is there a metro that connects this site???
It is a desert land

Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2016, 10:48 PM   #1342
pozinhossc

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
Excuse me but is there a metro that connects this site???
It is a desert land
Yes, one next to the stadium an odther two lines relatively close:

Also around left side of stadium area a bikeway (low use but growing in he city)
Old December 26th, 2016, 11:17 AM   #1343
simontemplario

Likes (Received): 5

Does anyone can see in this photo anything remarkable (architectural or other)? This will be an ugly stadium placed far from the city center.
Old December 26th, 2016, 01:55 PM   #1344
renton06

Likes (Received): 3320

Quote:
Originally Posted by simontemplario View Post
Does anyone can see in this photo anything remarkable (architectural or other)? This will be an ugly stadium placed far from the city center.

It's just your opinion, one more opinion of so many
To me if I find it remarkable that the stadium is next to the airport, barajas is one of the airports with more millions of passengers of europe. Millions of people will see the stadium illuminated at night, the airport is a big city gate
In addition the new stadium is next to many ways of entry to the city

endrity liked this post
renton06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 01:58 PM   #1345
pedro-Silesia

Likes (Received): 31

Maybe you should wait till finished? It's going to be amazing stadium. I expect that roof is going to make magic. Mind that it might be one of the most successful transformation of old building to modern stadium, one of the best in Europe. Fact that it is outside city centre shouldn't be a problem in a city like Madrid, it is not (thanks God) London or NY which takes ages to get out from the city.

renton06 liked this post
pedro-Silesia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 02:12 PM   #1346
simontemplario

Quote:
Originally Posted by renton06 View Post
It's just your opinion, one more opinion of so many
To me if I find it remarkable that the stadium is next to the airport, barajas is one of the airports with more millions of passengers of europe. Millions of people will see the stadium illuminated at night, the airport is a big city gate
In addition the new stadium is next to many ways of entry to the city

Many ways? No, no es cierto y lo sabemos todos. Los únicos accesos están colapsados a diario sin fútbol. De transporte público mejor no hablo.

Obviamente, sobre gustos no hay nada escrito, pero este salvo la cubierta (¡una cubierta!) no tiene nada reseñable para nadie, compáralo con el Allianz por ejemplo.

¿Que lo verán millones de personas? Que van en un avión... en fin, aumentar la deuda de un club ya esquilmado, en más de 100 o 200 millones para irte lejos del centro, de alquiler y con peores (aún más) accesos es de una estupidez suprema, o de un interés ciertamente alejado del interés del club.
Old December 26th, 2016, 02:19 PM   #1347
5portsF4n

Likes (Received): 856

The main concern about the location is how it affects the majority of people that regularly attend games at the Calderon. Saying that it's easier to drive across Madrid than New York misses the point.

The reason why central locations work is because they maximize the potential amount of people that make up the regular-going fanbase. If it's 40 minutes to get somewhere from the North, South, East, and West, that's a huge advantage. Locations outside central locations limit this base, because it takes someone from the other side of the city twice as long to get to.

Fact is, unless most of Atletico's fans come from the east side of the city, it's very hard to see how this won't affect many of the people that attend games at the Calderon. In other words, Atletico must believe that there are plenty of people that may not have attended games at the Calderon that will at the new stadium because of it will become closer than the Calderon. That may very well be the case. But it remains to be seen.

After the first few seasons of the new stadium, I would hazard that Atletico's attendance will settle somewhere between 50-55,000.
5portsF4n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 03:59 PM   #1348
renton06

Quote:
Many ways? No, no es cierto y lo sabemos todos. Los únicos accesos están colapsados a diario sin fútbol. De transporte público mejor no hablo.

Obviamente, sobre gustos no hay nada escrito, pero este salvo la cubierta (¡una cubierta!) no tiene nada reseñable para nadie, compáralo con el Allianz por ejemplo.

¿Que lo verán millones de personas? Que van en un avión... en fin, aumentar la deuda de un club ya esquilmado, en más de 100 o 200 millones para irte lejos del centro, de alquiler y con peores (aún más) accesos es de una estupidez suprema, o de un interés ciertamente alejado del interés del club.
English please

I have said close to many important entrances to the city, A-2 and A-3, Alcalá street, etc. Not of entrance to the stadium. Which does not have anything remarkable, I do not know what you mean, it's a stadium, and it will have the highest technology, it's just your opinion, and quite simple. For me it has its importance, being close to a place where millions of people are going to pass has its importance, the stadium is in a zone of great infuence of the city, the stadium could be in many others abandoned, depressed and unimportant, no this will be the case, Is in an area of influence and future expansion of the city, For example, in a few years you can build the new sports city next to the stadium (something the club is interested in). The stadium will not have any problem is to pay, only with the naming of the stadium and will receive more than half of what has cost, waiting for the price that is obtained by the land where is the calderon, which is about to see, But being the center of Madrid, it will be no problem to get a big money. You lie, the new stadium will not be rented, it will be owned by the club, you should know about it.

A greeting

Kaetzar liked this post

Last edited by renton06; December 26th, 2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old December 26th, 2016, 06:49 PM   #1349
Ioannes_

Likes (Received): 168

Renton, upload the photos Whatever you want. We have endured two years of thread on the Olympic Stadium in London seeing their horrible transvestite, which has become the official forum of West Ham. And of the new Anfield: 20 photos a day of a new tribune more own of the 70s, nor speak.

Rover030, renton06 liked this post
Ioannes_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 07:56 PM   #1350
simontemplario

Quote:
English please

I have said close to many important entrances to the city, A-2 and A-3, Alcalá street, etc. Not of entrance to the stadium. Which does not have anything remarkable, I do not know what you mean, it's a stadium, and it will have the highest technology, it's just your opinion, and quite simple. For me it has its importance, being close to a place where millions of people are going to pass has its importance, the stadium is in a zone of great infuence of the city, the stadium could be in many others abandoned, depressed and unimportant, no this will be the case, Is in an area of influence and future expansion of the city, For example, in a few years you can build the new sports city next to the stadium (something the club is interested in). The stadium will not have any problem is to pay, only with the naming of the stadium and will receive more than half of what has cost, waiting for the price that is obtained by the land where is the calderon, which is about to see, But being the center of Madrid, it will be no problem to get a big money. You lie, the new stadium will not be rented, it will be owned by the club, you should know about it.

A greeting

You lie? I don't have anything more to discuss. Maybe you have to get better information about the ownership of the uglyneta.

By the way, it is only ONE way to access to the stadium : glorieta de arcentales coming from out of the city, and one street coming from the city.

Best regards.
Old December 26th, 2016, 09:28 PM   #1351
renton06

Quote:
You lie? I don't have anything more to discuss. Maybe you have to get better information about the ownership of the uglyneta.

By the way, it is only ONE way to access to the stadium : glorieta de arcentales coming from out of the city, and one street coming from the city.

Best regards.
I have not lied, another thing is that you do not like my opinions. You lie when you say that the stadium will be rented, it is not true, the stadium will be owned by the Club, absolutely, the 88,000 square meters will be the club, in fact has already paid part of the ground on which it sits, the Madrid community is Week will give the approval to the change of use, and before April the plot (and the stadium) will be owned by the club, completely safe. The plot and the stadium will be patrimony of the Club Atletico de madrid. Of course there is nothing to discuss if you are not informed.

We have to be more positive in this life, there are many parties involved in the transfer of the new stadium, and no one has an interest in that fans can not comfortably go to the stadium. Do not worry, this year will be urbanized and little by little all necessary access will be made, although it is possible that the day of inauguration is not all ready

Thank you. Raise and hit the cups for the new stadium of Madrid atletico this 2017. A great future is coming !! Aupa Atleti !!

Last edited by renton06; December 26th, 2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old December 27th, 2016, 01:11 AM   #1352
GunnerJacket
Oh look - a doughnut!

Likes (Received): 2915

Guys, keep it civil. Be respectful of differing opinions and please refrain from attacking the posters personally.

This is your warning.
Old December 27th, 2016, 09:09 AM   #1353
renton06

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
Guys, keep it civil. Be respectful of differing opinions and please refrain from attacking the posters personally.

This is your warning.
I have no problem with contrary opinions, I like to debate, but do not lie because it misinforms people.
He can say that this is stadium is a shit, and I respect him, is his opinion, but he can not say that the stadium will be rented, because it is false

terpi liked this post
Old December 27th, 2016, 02:33 PM   #1354
mckeenan

Likes (Received): 621

Quote:
The Allianz arena is not a remarkable stadium in terms of architectural impact or beauty. It is a great stadium, large, well constructed, with great views and was a landmark for new stadiums in Europe, but externally it's almost boring. Newer stadiums in Europe are more functional than iconic. Honestly I don't know where your dissapointment with this stadium comes from, if it is not from team rivalry. The new Metropolitano is perfectly ok compared with most new stadium developments in Europe. It is asymetric, not a perfect three tiered stadium as many are (see Lyon, for example), and that for me is a strong point. It is also very large, and with some remarkable elements as the gap between the "Peineta" stand and the ends, and also the extension of the third tier in the extremes, predating the VIP ring and creating a balcony-like seating area. Along with the roof, those features are original enough and makes the stadium much more interesting architecturally than the average three tiered stadium.
mckeenan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 06:23 PM   #1355
simontemplario

Quote:
I have no problem with contrary opinions, I like to debate, but do not lie because it misinforms people.
He can say that this is stadium is a shit, and I respect him, is his opinion, but he can not say that the stadium will be rented, because it is false

To understand how comes with the Ownership of the "peineta" at 27/12, plz visit: http://bit.ly/2ecjjmu

Other things to note;
ATM have needed:
loan of 160 millions € from Carlos Slim
Gil and Cerezo (maximum prescribed thief in charge and president cooperator ) have sold 20% of their stocks.
Increase of debt (Gilmarin told las week) between 100 and 200 millions (in addition to the enormous previous debt).

There is no lies neither misinformation, only a different way to read the information.

There is more about the economic issues of ATM but it is not the sense of this thread, I think.

About the stadium, to me is ugly, which is not the same as shit. I hope that it will at least an stadium more confortable that our actual one.

About remarkable or iconic, if you ask for a stadium with something to remember, most of the people think in Allianz. Why? I don't know, maybe because it has something iconic in itself (apart from its functional value).
Other examples of stadiums with something remarkable: Nuevo San Mamés, Amsterdam Arena, new stadium palmeiras (design), did you see the design of the new Nou Camp?, donbass arena... etc

But this is subjective, my opinion only. And yes, access to Vicente Calderón are bad but, you know... we'll see

Sorry for my english
Old December 27th, 2016, 06:47 PM   #1356
simontemplario

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post

This is your warning.

I did not intend to be discourteous to all, just show an opposite point of view.

I appreciate all work that Renton has done posting images, texts and others, even being disagreed about the move to the new stadium
Old December 27th, 2016, 07:43 PM   #1357
renton06

Quote:
To understand how comes with the Ownership of the "peineta" at 27/12, plz visit: http://bit.ly/2ecjjmu
Article written by a person of an antidirective association, a completely tendentious and sensationalist article. Nothing else to add.
I respect you, I respect that you are against the stadium and respect that you think the stadium is ugly, Is completely respectable, but the only thing I am seeing is that you want to give in this forum a completely erroneous and pessimistic view of the operation, very far from reality, Introducing random themes that are not the case at all when you run out of arguments. Are my last words to you.

Last edited by renton06; December 27th, 2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old December 27th, 2016, 07:57 PM   #1358
renton06

Precisely today the community of Madrid (government of Madrid) has given the approval to the change of public use for private use of the stadium of the plot of the stadium, to be owned by the Club. They will definitely approve it on December 31, and will appear in the official bulletin of the Madrid government.

Great news, outside the sports theme
Marca : "Good news for Wanda Metropolitano construction. Atletico stadium construction marred by blunders"
http://www.marca.com/en/football/spa...1298b461b.html (english)

Is one of the steps for the plot (and the stadium) to be acquired by the club

carlosfng, EPA001 liked this post

Last edited by renton06; December 27th, 2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old December 27th, 2016, 11:05 PM   #1359
MarkJF

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5portsF4n View Post
The main concern about the location is how it affects the majority of people that regularly attend games at the Calderon. Saying that it's easier to drive across Madrid than New York misses the point.
No, it's a valid point, traversing Madrid is immeasurably easier than NY, or for that matter London. The distance for the historical fanbase doesn't pose the problems that it would in those cities.

carlosfng liked this post
MarkJF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2016, 04:55 AM   #1360
carlosfng

Likes (Received): 562

Not to mention that I doubt Madrid's clubs are split into zones as is London with its million teams.

That being said, I do find the tiers lacking in steepness. But I do love the facade and roof, while the area will probably be urbanized in the short to medium term. Atletico will have to wait a bit to reap the rewards, but it will reap them. Do hope it is not in exchange for a loss in matchday atmosphere.
carlosfng no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
madrid, spain in the world