search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 24th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #21
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Kosovo Government is actually building three "highways" (four lane road whatever that can be called) one toward the airport and then Montenegro border or at least Peja in the west near the border then the one towards Ferizaj and border with Macedonia (towards Skopje) and one toward Mitrovica in the north.
The roads are there but they are widening them into four lane roads as u might see in the pictures above.

The "proper" highway (autobahn style) will start being constructed this year and that will connect Prishtina with second largest Prizren and then further to Durres in Albania!

This means, being that we are so small, apsolutely full connection of Prishtina with all major cities and directions in Kosovo and the region. Hope they keep the promise to finish them by 2010!

Last edited by GreenAlbanian; September 24th, 2008 at 05:11 AM.
GreenAlbanian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2008, 05:44 AM   #22
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post

This sign might be quite confusing...
As someone wrote before these two on the far right are frontage roads or access roads for the businesses and stuff...the sign there shows the place where you can access that road and there is the third turning lane to go into the access road so it doesn't slow the traffic down!!!
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #23
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAlbanian View Post

This means, being that we are so small, apsolutely full connection of Prishtina with all major cities and directions in Kosovo and the region. Hope they keep the promise to finish them by 2010!
wow... an optimistic stance...
i reallly hope it will come true...

Kosovo was left undeveloped in past countries and it's about time something happen down there...

i wonder if we can name some corridor passing through Kosovo... something like a branch of corridor 10 or maybe 8...
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #24
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

Well, at some point Kosovo will be connected to Nis in Serbia and that corridor 10 (right?) but that will happen much later if existing policial trends continue. Then through Macedonia and Albania we will be connected to corridor 8, adriatik-jon connection and whatever else is around.
Old September 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM   #25
Plisat

Likes (Received): 1503

To be honest the new Minister for Transport is doing a good job. He is young and he is keeping the promises. I have read once in newspaper that he goes visit working sites and stays with workers until late hours. Since construction is going on 24 hours a day, all constructed by Kosovo companies. So im quite optimistic that they can keep the promise. As well part of construction of roads was supported by donor conference of EU and USA on July for Kosova.
In next one or two month will be open the bid for building the Merdare-Morina highway, if I'm not wrong will cost about 600 milion euros...
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #26
Plisat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAlbanian View Post
As someone wrote before these two on the far right are frontage roads or access roads for the businesses and stuff...the sign there shows the place where you can access that road and there is the third turning lane to go into the access road so it doesn't slow the traffic down!!!
This area here is Industrial Zone. So the trucks,havy machinery and emergency vehicles not to enter into main road, that is why the extra lanes were added.
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #27
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 16084

Are these roads EU funded? According to Wikipedia, the economy is very poor with an unemployment of like 40%. That doesn't bring in a lot of tax money... Well, maybe they can create jobs with the construction of roads.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #28
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

I guess the government uses the aviable money as efficient as possible to get the infrastructure fast not like Bulgaria which don“t work efficient at all. I don“t understand that, but I would laugh if Kosov would have the first motorway from one border to another before Bulgaria.
Old September 26th, 2008, 05:02 AM   #29
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

The government in the past has been very inefficient in spending its money. Namely, several ministries in charge of capital investment have been very slow in developing projects and implementing them in real life. One of them was the Ministry of Transports and Telecommunications which is in charge of all regional roads and bridges. Because of this, the government has accrued significant cash reserves which it is now spending. Some funding is provided by the EU via the pre-accession instrument, but most of it is not for roads or motorways; it's more geared towards agriculture and technical support. In other words, the governments in the past have had limited resources, but they haven't been able to spend even those limited resources. The current government is more inclined to spend these monies and that has so far translated to a lot more roads built and reconstructed than in the last 4 years of the previous government.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:22 AM   #30
Plisat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Are these roads EU funded? According to Wikipedia, the economy is very poor with an unemployment of like 40%. That doesn't bring in a lot of tax money... Well, maybe they can create jobs with the construction of roads.
Well Kosovo budget has increesed year after year. Only last year was increesment of about 300 million euros. The gathering of taxes has been increesed for 45% on first six month of this year. There are no significant statistics about unemployment. There are just statistics without any real research...Private sector is quite strong there, and doing well. In difference for other contries in region, the private sector is run mostly by Kosovars...
Dont forget that Kosovo got indipendence before 7 months, so the country was run by UN. Now is run by Kosovars with assistance of EU, and many changes has to be seen...

Privatization proces has been sucssefull and is still in process. So I think with near future will be a diffrent picture about Kosovo in total...

Before few month I read on Express newspaper that Kosovo is suspected to have more than 10 000 millioners. So for contry of 2 million inhabitants is quite a big number....so mention again even for this was not done a real reasearch, same with uneployment....
Old September 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #31
Bail Me Out
Unfunded Liability

Likes (Received): 0

Link to Durres

Is the Durres road project from Prizren really moving? What is the name of the project? Who is funding this vital strategic axis?
Bail Me Out no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #32
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail Me Out View Post
Is the Durres road project from Prizren really moving? What is the name of the project? Who is funding this vital strategic axis?
The Ministry of Transport has announced an invitation to bid; several large companies have bid so far. I think the offers will be disclosed in the upcoming month or two. I don't think any actual big-time work is going to happen this year, but I am of the opinion that it will soon happen, perhaps early next year.

I'm not sure who is going to finance it, but it seem likely that the government is going to have to do it.
Old September 26th, 2008, 11:21 PM   #33
Sumadinac
SUMADINAC

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
quite amazing, never thought Kosovo roads look like that. REally amazing. As you are a small counry you might overtake Bulgaria. Unbelievable.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...g?t=1222177278

shiny crashbarriers

it is not that difficult to build a 5km highway... i would like to see other sections... on the pictures there is always the same part of it ???...

... anyway i didnt know that regional topics are allowed ???
Sumadinac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 11:43 PM   #34
GreenAlbanian
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumadinac View Post
it is not that difficult to build a 5km highway... i would like to see other sections... on the pictures there is always the same part of it ???...

well it is 7 km on the Prishtine - Fushe Kosove section (they are right now working on another 20 km to the airport) and another 12 km on Prishtine - Ferizaj direction...

and no, regional topics are not allowed, countries only, as you can see for yourself!!!
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #35
Plisat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumadinac View Post

Well there are 2 main roads under construction, Pristina-Skopje and Pristina-Peja to Montenegro border. Next year will start Merdare-Morina (Serbian to Albanian border).....

Well Serbian rule until 1999 didnt do nothing, even destroyed what it was.Same with UN....So is up to us to rebuild them.
In the end is not Serbian foult....u never expect neighbor to build your own house.
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #36
Shqiptario
BANNED

Happy to see Republic of kosova developed..as the new country has born ,it will have new and modern infrastructure.Most of today republic of kosova roads are in very good conditions,since the last time i was there.In such a short time after the war, Republic of Kosova is growing faster.Paci fat ne te ardhmen vellezer.
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 02:31 AM   #37
Plisat

Ministria e Transportit
dhe Post – Telekomunikacionit
konsideron se autostrada,
apo rruga numėr 7, ėshtė njė komponent
kryesor i rrjetit regjional tė transportit
tė Evropės Juglindore qė lidh korridorin
rrugor panevropian 10 nė Serbi,
me portin e Durrėsit nė bregdetin shqiptar.
Kjo rrugė do tė futet nė
hartėn e rrugėve tė Evropės
Juglindore. Ėshtė caktuar
edhe pika zero qė i bie
nė Vėrmicė, atje edhe ku
lidhen rrugėt e autostradės
Durrės - Morin me
kėtė Morin – Merdar. Autostrada
do tė kalojė rrėzė
Prizrenit pėr tė vazhduar
deri nė Lipjan. Nga ky
vend do tė niset drejt
Fushė-Kosovės pėr tė pėrfunduar
nė Merdar.
E tėrė rruga ėshtė e gjatė
rreth 118 kilometra dhe i
gjithė projekti do tė kushtojė
rreth 675 milionė euro,
duke pėrfshirė kėtu edhe
shpronėsimet.

The newest information published on local press is that the construction of Morina(Albanian border) to Merdare (Serbian border) highway will start spring next year. The highway will be 118km long and will cost 675 million euros. Will have two main lines, truck line and emergency line.
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:34 AM   #38
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Prishtina - Skopje Highway, better known by its European E-65 designation.

image hosted on flickr
Old October 11th, 2008, 01:34 PM   #39
Shqiptario
BANNED

Not too much sure for the location..but is near Prizren

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Road to Prevalle

image hosted on flickr
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote