search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2008, 04:45 PM   #61
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
Well, I think they have their own now, but they aren't member of the UEFA or sth, AFAIK.
Dont worry...they will be soon..it will not last too much ...like every new state ,kosova have to wait a bit."technically things".
Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #62
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 260

I have no doubts about the safety in Kosovo, but what I really menat is how the infrastructure now is between north-Kosovo (like Mitrovica, Zubin Potok) and the rest of Kosovo: Can people face problems when travelling between the 'Serbian' and 'Albanian' areas? Or is there no check or sign or whatsoever between these areas? Are there many people travelling between the areas or does none do that?
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #63
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plisat View Post
All the posted roads are side roads, mostly montains conecting villages. It is same in Bulgaria and Serbia. You cannot build a six line highway to connect one village to the city...
The main roads are posted in page one and two...
And Radi why such a conclution that Pristina is underdeveloped....

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...566703&page=58

Normaly a lot to be done in Pristina...but that is just main foult of Serbian Government, who were totally corrupted and alow people to build wherever they could. They didnt care if the city will be destroyed, by many illegal buildings. Same was few years after the war, until the new Government was established.
Now Pristina Municipality has to put millions to destroy all those illegal buildings...the demolishion is ongoing
Do you take this radi guy seriously ?!? If you knew his history all around the SSC forums , you wouldn't ....
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #64
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 16687

Radi is the forum clown
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:12 PM   #65
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Though he thinks he isn't
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:16 PM   #66
lastsamurai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4176

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
I think the road to Prishtina got rehabilitated by the Serbs, also the road under the rock youīve posted mustnīt exist in 2008.
such an retard.. except the fact that servs had stolen the kosova's sources they had build nothing there.All roads are rehabilitated by kosovo government and is funny to say that it was serbia.
lastsamurai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #67
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 18129

Quote:
Though he thinks he isn't

"We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it.
The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely."

Oscar Wilde
Turnovec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #68
Timon91
Error

That's a good one
Old October 17th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #69
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
I have no doubts about the safety in Kosovo, but what I really menat is how the infrastructure now is between north-Kosovo (like Mitrovica, Zubin Potok) and the rest of Kosovo: Can people face problems when travelling between the 'Serbian' and 'Albanian' areas? Or is there no check or sign or whatsoever between these areas? Are there many people travelling between the areas or does none do that?
There are good roads in the Northern side of Kosovo, though they are not as good as some of the roads in the Southern side. There's no problems when traveling, and there are bilingual signs in Albanian and Serbian on every major road leading to Zubin Potok, etc. You have to cross the bridge in Mitrovica to get to the North, and nowadays it's no problem at all. You might get stopped by the police, but after a routine check and a couple of questions you will be allowed to go through. What I don't advise is that you try to go to Serbia from there. They won't let you go through unless you go to Macedonia and enter Serbia from there.

Hope you have a good time if you decide to travel and keep us posted!
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2008, 05:26 AM   #70
Treasure

Likes (Received): 0

In north kosovo you will get serbian road signs which might be different especially if you have been driving in southern kosovo for a while.
Treasure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 07:52 AM   #71
Plisat

Likes (Received): 1503

Moving throught Serbian areas, is not a problem. The Serbians move around Kosova as well...
The four main roads pass throught Serbian areas, the road to Gjilane, Skopje, Mitrovixa and Peja.There is no problems....

For Albanians travelling into North of Mintrovica, I dont know how safe it is...myself didn't travel on that area since after 1999.
If you take a road to go to Serbia, you have better road that connects Pristina with Merdare than Nis.

Last edited by Plisat; October 19th, 2008 at 08:03 AM.
Plisat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #72
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 260

I suppose it could still be a problem to enter Serbia from Kosovo when you entered Kosovo from another country?
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #73
RS.ban
BANNED

Yes if you have a stamp from Kosovo in your Passport it is not possible to enter Serbia at all.
RS.ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #74
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Bad policies that only affect tourists. I they want to attract some tourists and get the local economy to make some money, they need to change these policies.
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #75
RS.ban
BANNED

Serbia sees Kosovo as a part of itīs territory so it is normal that they donīt recognize any stamps and documents that they find illegal.
And these kind of policy have also Israel and Arab countries.
RS.ban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #76
Timon91
Error

Tourists from some country (I think it was the US) can get two passports if they want to visit the Middle-East: one for Israel, and one to visit the other countries. All this to avoid problems at the border.
Old October 19th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #77
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Please do not start an Albanian vs Serbia discussion. This thread is about highway infrastructure, not politics or history.
Old October 19th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #78
Shqiptario
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Dheu i Kuq - Llugovice - Hajkobille. will cost ~€3,7milion.

image hosted on flickr

Shpallet fituesi i konkursit per rindertimin e rrethit qe lidh rruget M2 dhe M9 Prishtine - Fushe Kosove dhe Prishtine - Shkup
image hosted on flickr

Shqiptario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 04:39 AM   #79
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Tourists from some country (I think it was the US) can get two passports if they want to visit the Middle-East: one for Israel, and one to visit the other countries. All this to avoid problems at the border.
ISTR that if you ask them, Israel will stamp a slip of 'sticky' paper that can be easily and undetectably removed from your passport when your visit is over. I would certainly hope that Kosovo could do likewise.

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #80
snupix

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS.ban View Post
Serbia sees Kosovo as a part of itīs territory so it is normal that they donīt recognize any stamps and documents that they find illegal.
And these kind of policy have also Israel and Arab countries.
Israel doesn't have this policy. And that's very, very childish. Some countries are really acting like small children.
snupix no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
albania, kosova, shqiperi