search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > General Developments and Discussions

General Developments and Discussions » Bridges | Cycling | Maritime

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 24th, 2016, 07:55 PM   #3861
*mustafa*

Likes (Received): 2407

I agree
i wish they write only on type of numbers
removing the second line of writing too , no need to write "private" the color itself is enough.
replace the Governorate with 1-2 letters.
its will be much better

Ignorance Is Bliss

*mustafa* no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2016, 05:00 AM   #3862
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 46

In south part of France close to the border of Spain I found this plate. It must be very rare even in France

This one is from Guyane or French Guiana. Thats far away from France. Thats not Europe. Its a part of South America. I think this plates must be very rare in France

SRC_100 liked this post
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 12:51 PM   #3863
Worldplates

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
In south part of France close to the border of Spain I found this plate. It must be very rare even in France

This one is from Guyane or French Guiana. Thats far away from France. Thats not Europe. Its a part of South America. I think this plates must be very rare in France

Nah, in France you can choose whatever department you want in your plate, so most probable this car never left Europe, and it could even have never left France.....
Old September 9th, 2016, 09:27 PM   #3864
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1314

Rallye license-plate

Today I took a photo of a rallye-BMW with an orange coloured license plate.

Usually licenseplates in Sweden are white, although taxis have yellow licenseplates and diplomatic vehicles have blue ones.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 09:44 PM   #3865
Flavio1179

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
Today I took a photo of a rallye-BMW with an orange coloured license plate.

Usually licenseplates in Sweden are white, although taxis have yellow licenseplates and diplomatic vehicles have blue ones.
I couldn't find this plate on any plates websites I know. Is it a sort of rally plate or just a normal plate painted in orange? (the format fits the normal one)
Flavio1179 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2016, 03:55 PM   #3866
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio1179 View Post
I couldn't find this plate on any plates websites I know. Is it a sort of rally plate or just a normal plate painted in orange? (the format fits the normal one)
No it's not a normal white plate painted in orange. It is a special plate for rallye-vehicles. Notice that the white Peugeot behind also has an orange plate.

I forgot to mention that we also have yellow/black military plates, so depending on the purpose of the vehicle there can be 5 different colours of a licenseplate in Sweden.

How about special plates for certain vehicles in other countries ? are there special licenseplates for taxis or rallye-vehicles ?

Quilmeño89 liked this post
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 05:43 AM   #3867
Quilmeño89
Pick up that can

Likes (Received): 10704

When the new Mercosur license plate was presented, different colours for each type of vehicle were established. For the moment, only Argentina and Uruguay have these license plates, but only Uruguay have different colours (in Argentina we had a problem with manufacturing, and we don't know if we will have colours too).

These are the Uruguayan license plates:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Public transport: Green

Cars for rent: Red

Official vehicles (police, government, etc): Blue

Diplomatic Corps: Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Currently, in Argentina we have this special plates (pre-Mercosur style):

Diplomatic Corps, Consular Corps, Special Missions, International Organizations, etc: Light blue background.

In this case, D means Diplomatic Corps, CP = Portuguese Republic and X = Personal use:

In this case, D means Diplomatic Corps, AD = Republic of Angola and B = Official use:

Source

Also, we have special plates for government (e.g. Judiciary):

Source

Source

And particular trailers (not for truck trailers), adding 101 to the regular numeration):

Brazil and Chile have different background colours.
Quilmeño89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:50 AM   #3868
Flavio1179

The Argentinian diplomatic ones look amazing!
Flavio1179 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:42 AM   #3869
MansoorBashir
Bashirzilla

Likes (Received): 1185

Vehicle License Plates in Pakistan - Islamabad

First Series: 1960s to Early 2000s

The earliest registration plates in Islamabad which you can see on the roads today follow a standard series which was implemented from the 1960s up until the early 2000s.

This series was based on the preexisting series being implemented nationwide since 1947. Three letters (IDx) followed by four numerals (1234). The first two letters (ID) denoted the city or district within which the vehicle was registered (Islamabad in this case) and the following letter (x) was part of the continuing series. Vehicles registered in the early 70s were likely to have registration plates such as IDA 1234 and vehicles registered in the early to mid 2000s were likely to have registration plates such as IDM 1234. These were non computerized and all their data was backed up in hard-copied archives.

The registration plates themselves were almost entirely black with white/silver/gold font used for the registration code itself. The plates were non standardized which is why you saw most vehicle owners use custom fonts and colors on their registration plates. An example of this series can be seen below.

Quote:

Standard Islamabad License Plate (1960s to Early 2000s)

Additionally, during this time period, Government and Law Enforcement Forces had specialized registration plates in Islamabad. Government vehicle plates had a green backdrop and the lettered prefixes were always denoted as IDG (G = Government) followed by four standard numerals. Police vehicles followed a similar standard with a blue backdrop with the standard IDP (P = Police) prefix followed by four standard numerals.

Quote:

Standard Islamabad Police License Plate (1960s to Early 2000s)

Second Series: Early 2000s to 2015

In the early to mid 2000s, The Capital Excise and Taxation Department introduced new vehicle registration plates. These were computerized and upon registration, you'd receive a standard issue registration plate. These plates had a white backdrop with a black border and standardized font. The series consisted of two letters (xx) followed by a hyphen and three numerals (123). Additionally, ICT (Islamabad Capital Territory) would be embossed on top of the plate whilst ISLAMABAD would be embossed on the bottom.

The series began with Government and Police vehicles reserving the Gx series for their vehicles along with a green background. Private vehicles started off with the Hx series and completed the entire chain of alphabets before going from Ax to Fx in early 2015.

Quote:

Standard Islamabad License Plate (Early 2000s to 2015)
Quote:

Islamabad Government and Police License Plate (Early 2000s to 2015)

Third Series: 2015-2016

The third series introduced in 2015 was an extension of the second series. The only difference was the design of the issued registration plates. The series remained the same [XX-123] but the redesigned registration plates featured a graphic vector silhouette of the Faisal Mosque in the backdrop.

This design, though popular for its minimalist aesthetics, was largely criticized by law enforcement agencies as the silhouette backdrop often made it difficult to identify the registration number at a glance. It was therefore dropped just after a year as the fourth series was introduced in 2016.

Quote:

Standard Islamabad License Plate (2015-2016)

Fourth Series: 2016-Present

The fourth series saw a revamp in the standardization of vehicle registration. As the two letter series had run its course, a new three letter hyphen three numerals series (XXX - 123) series was introduced in early 2016. The new series came with a new standard design for the license plates. The left quarter featured a light blue rectangle with a white vector of the Faisal Mosque whilst the remaining three quarters featured a white backdrop with the registration number embossed onto it in black.

Quote:

Standard Islamabad License Plate (2016-Present)
Special License Plates: Diplomatic and International Envoy Vehicles

The United Nations and Diplomatic Envoys present in Islamabad have special license plates allotted to them since the city is the capital and houses almost all the diplomatic and UN missions in the country.

Diplomatic license plates are the most easily recognizable in Islamabad. They feature a dark red backdrop with with embossed font for the registration number. Islamabad is embossed on the bottom of each plate. Two letters (CD - Capital Diplomat) followed by two or three numerals signifying the country of origin of the diplomatic mission which are based on the alphabetical ranking of the country, hyphen, followed by two to three numerals (signifying the rank of the vehicle within the diplomatic mission of the country). As an example, CD - 01 - 01 would be the official vehicle of the ambassador of Afghanistan to Pakistan in Islamabad.

The UN plates follow the international pattern of UN 12-3456 with a standard light blue or yellow backdrop with a black font. Since it is illegal to photograph vehicles of international envoys in Islamabad, very few photographs of them exist. Below are a few examples.

Quote:

License Plate of a vehicle belonging to the Danish Embassy in Islamabad.

Quote:

United Nations License Plate in Islamabad
MansoorBashir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 04:17 AM   #3870
MansoorBashir
Bashirzilla

Vehicle License Plates in Pakistan - Punjab Province

First Series: 1947-2006

Just as Islamabad's first series from 1969 to the early 2000s, as explained in post #3870 of this thread, The Province of Punjab followed a similar vehicle registration series.

Each registration number would have three letters followed by one to four numerals (XXX 1234). The first two letters would signify the district or city in which the vehicle was registered followed by a third letter was part of the continuing series. The numerals would start at 1 and end at 9999. Below are a few examples.

RIA 1234 - The RI denotes that the vehicle was registered in Rawalpindi. The A is part of the continuing series which would end at Z.

LEA 1234 - Just as in the previous case, the LE denotes that the vehicle was registered in Lahore.

Between 1947 to 2006, this series was followed and almost all plates registered in Punjab had a black backdrop with white letters and numerals. However, most people had their own custom plates designed, often with a white backdrop and black font.

Quote:

Standard Gujranwala License Plate (1947-2006)
Quote:

Custom Faisalabad License Plate (1947-2006)
Second Series (2006-Present)

In 2006, The Government of Punjab decided to revamp its Excise and Taxation Department and subsequently ended up with a new computerized system for vehicle registration in Punjab. It carried forward the idea to use two alphabets to denote the vehicle's district or city of origin but made additional changes to the series and the design of the license plates.

Firstly, They included a green quarter to left of the plate with a bouquet of different crops native to the province as an ode to the province's agricultural background with PUNJAB written underneath it.

Secondly, they introduced three different backdrop colors for the remainder of the plate. A simple white backdrop meant that it was a private vehicle. A green backdrop meant that it was a government owned vehicle. An orange backdrop meant that it was a public transport vehicle.

In addition to this, each plate came with a hyphen followed by two numerals to signify the date of registration of the vehicle itself. -07 meant that the vehicle was registered in 2007. -16 would mean that the vehicle was registered in 2016.

Some examples of this series are as follows:

MUA 1234 -06 | MU = Multan, A is part of the series continuation, 1234 is part of the numerical series starting at 0001 and ending at 9999 (just as it was done so previously) and -06 denotes that the vehicle was registered in 2006.

Quote:

Standard Punjab License Plate for Private Vehicles (2006-Present)

LE denotes that the vehicle is registered in Lahore. -06 denotes that the vehicle was registered in 2006. The white backdrop denotes that the vehicle is for private use.
Quote:

Standard Punjab License Plate for Private Vehicles (2006-Present)

LE denotes that the vehicle is registered in Lahore. -11 denotes that the vehicle was registered in 2011. The white backdrop denotes that the vehicle is for private use.
Quote:

Standard Punjab License Plate for Public Vehicles (2006-Present)

Just as in the previous case, LE denotes that the vehicle was registered in Lahore and -16 denotes that it was registered in 2016. The orange backdrop denotes that the vehicle is for public use
(a taxi cab in this case).
Quote:

Standard Punjab License Plate for Government Vehicles (2006-Present)

Just as in the previous case, LE denotes that the vehicle was registered in Lahore and -07 denotes that it was registered in 2007. The green backdrop denotes that the vehicle is for official use (Lahore Police in this case).
Old September 13th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #3871
hegoak64
hegoak64

Thank you mansoorBashir for pictures ! very intersting and beautiful plates, especially Punjab's ones
Do you know the way for a collector to add one to his collection ?
hegoak64 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 07:00 PM   #3872
hegoak64
hegoak64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldplates View Post
Nah, in France you can choose whatever department you want in your plate, so most probable this car never left Europe, and it could even have never left France.....
but to be sure of origin, you can have a lower add for a garage dealer :
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:41 AM   #3873
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Likes (Received): 17

Excellent job MansoorBashir!
Very informative for a collector like me.
More please !
Fane40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2016, 10:55 PM   #3874
MansoorBashir
Bashirzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegoak64 View Post
Thank you mansoorBashir for pictures ! very intersting and beautiful plates, especially Punjab's ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fane40 View Post
Excellent job MansoorBashir!
Very informative for a collector like me.
More please !
Thank you! I'll make a list of license plates from other parts of Pakistan shortly.

Quote:
I'm unsure of how one could go about doing that abroad. The standard plates are government issued and duplicating them is a criminal offence. Despite that, there is an underground market for custom and "replicated" license plates (such as these). I'll see if there's some way to have them made and shipped online.
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:04 AM   #3875
C2C

Likes (Received): 2

I saw this in Paris today and tried to see what it was but I have no idea.
Any help?
C2C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:05 AM   #3876
C2C

Likes (Received): 2

I think it might be Gibraltar but I'm not sure. The green wedge to the right side of the plate is throwing me off.
C2C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2016, 03:17 AM   #3877
MansoorBashir
Bashirzilla

Vehicle License Plates in Pakistan - Sindh

This post is the third my series on Vehicle License Plates in Pakistan. Previously, I covered Islamabad in #3870 and Punjab in #3871. In this post, I shall cover license plates in Sindh.

Unlike Islamabad and Punjab, License plates in Sindh haven't seen a lot of consistency in design or series. Since 1947, a number of different designs have been used, often simultaneously. Only recently, through the adoption of digital licensing, have they been standardized.

First Series (1947 to 1977)

The first post-partition license plate series in Sindh implemented the standard adopted nationwide at the time. Three Letters followed by four numerals (XXX 1234), just as in Punjab from 1947-2006. The first two letters would signify the district or city in which the vehicle was registered followed by a third letter was part of the continuing series. The numerals would start at 1 and end at 9999. Below are a few examples.

KAB 1234 - The KA denotes that the vehicle was registered in Karachi. The B is part of the continuing series which started at A and would end at Z.

HDA 1234 - The HD denotes that the vehicle was registered in Hyderabad. The A is part of the continuing series which would end at Z.

The standard was a black backdrop with a white font. In some instances (1947-1950), the Urdu Script was used in lieu of the English script. This, however, was quickly dropped and it is extremely rare to find such a plate today.

Quote:

Standard Sindh License Plates (1947-1977)
Second Series (1977 to 1980)

Considering that Sindh was home to the cosmopolitan heartland of Pakistan, Karachi, at the time. The previous series had run it's course in the city as a growing number of vehicles began to turn up on the roads. Therefore, the Sindh government introduced a new standard.

The new license plates would feature three numerals, a hyphen, followed by three additional numerals (123 - 456). At the bottom of the plate the city/district of origin of the vehicle would be embossed onto it along with year(s) of registration of the vehicle (77 KARACHI 78) at the bottom for private vehicles.

Private license plates in this series would have a white backdrop with a blue font whilst it was inversed (blue backdrop with white font) for commercial vehicles. The State Emblem of Sindh was also embossed on private license plates.

Quote:

Standard Sindh License Plates (1977-1980)
Third Series (1980 to 1995)

The third series came with a new standard. One letter, which was later expanded to two, and four numerals (A 1234). As in the previous series, at the bottom of the plate the city/district of origin of the vehicle would be embossed onto it. The license plates came with an orange backdrop with a black font for private vehicles, black backdrop with white font for commercial vehicles. Vehicles that belong to the government have a green number plate with embossed white letters. Emergency vehicles license plates came with a white backdrop and a green font and continue to be issued today.

The letters ranged from A to Z and had no connotation with the vehicle's city or district of origin. It was the first time such a system was adopted in Pakistan.

Quote:

Standard Sindh License Plate (1980-1995)
Fourth Series (1995 to 2015)

The fourth series expanded on the standard set in the third series due to the rise in the number of vehicles in Sindh and Karachi in particular.

Each registration number would have three letters, starting from AAA, followed by a hyphen and three numerals. This standard would start from AAA - 001 and would end at ZZZ - 999.

There are different variants of this series, similar to Punjab.

For private vehicles, the backdrop of license plates is orange with a black font and border.

For commercial vehicles, the backdrop of license plates is black with a white font and border.

For emergency vehicles (mostly ambulances), the backdrop of license plates is white with a green font. This is a direct continuation of the standard from the third series and continues to be used to this day. The first two alphabets are always (EA) followed by four numerals.

Vehicles that belong to the Sindh Government have a green backdrop with embossed white font. Plates start with abbreviated alphabets such as (GS) (GP) (GL) HC for high court (SP) for Sindh Police followed by a string of numbers.

In all cases, On the bottom, "Sindh" is super-embossed in black, replacing the old standard of having city/district names on the plates. In the mid 2000s, the State Emblem of Sindh was brought back from the second series and painted on each plate, usually on the top.

Quote:

Standard Sindh License Plates for Private Vehicles (1995-2016)

Note: The State Emblem of Singh is absent from the first photograph as it was registered before the symbol was introduced into the series, as depicted in the second photograph.
Quote:

Standard Sindh License Plates for Emergency Vehicles (1980-2016)

Note: The EA series was reserved for emergency vehicles in the third series in 1980. It continues to be used and issued by the Sindh Government to this day despite the adoption of the fourth series.
Quote:

Standard Sindh License Plates for Government/Police Vehicles (1980-2016)

Note: SP denotes that the vehicle is property of Sindh Police. This string of characters, among others, is specially reserved for government vehicle licence plates.
Approved Fifth Series (2016-Present)

As of today, the fourth series continues to be the standardized method of licensing and registering vehicles in Sindh. Therefore, the fourth series license plates continue to be issued by the Sindh government. However, the new series was introduced in January 2016 and is set to be standardized in the next few months.

A final design has not been announced but the Sindh Government has stated that it will feature a white backdrop with a blue font and border similar to the second series (1977-1980) for private vehicles with the addition of the state emblem on the left corner and "SINDH" super-embossed on the bottom. Additionally, similar to the current series in Punjab, these license plates will feature the year of registration of the vehicle with a hyphen followed by the last two digits of the year (-16).

Although the new series will have three letters followed by four numerals, it is unclear whether the letters will denote the city of origin of the vehicle as done so in Punjab or will it be based on the preexisting standard in Sindh where all the letters are part of a continuing series.

Quote:

An Illustration of the Approved Standard Sindh License Plate for Private Vehicles (2016-Present)

Note: This design is subject to change as no official design has been formally unveiled and finalized as of yet.
Old September 16th, 2016, 06:28 AM   #3878
MansoorBashir
Bashirzilla

Vehicle License Plates in Pakistan - Balochistan, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Jammu & Kashmir, and Gilgit-Baltistan

Thusfar in this series, I have covered three separate provinces and territories in individual posts.

Islamabad Capital Territory in #3870

Punjab in #3871

Sindh in #3878.

In this post, I shall cover license plates from four separate provinces and territories. These shall include Balochistan, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (Formerly: North-West Frontier Province), Azad Jammu & Kashmir, and Gilgit-Baltistan (Formerly: Northern Areas).

Balochistan

License plates from Balochistan are a rare sight to most Pakistanis. As a province of less than 8 million people in a country of over 190 million people, it's already rare to see cars from that part of the country. Additionally, most people from Balochistan prefer to have their vehicles registered in Sindh. In fact, I saw my first Balochistan license plate "in the wild" just a few months ago. Therefore, I won't be able to give an accurate chronological look at license plates from Balochistan as I have done so previously.

First Series (1947 to Mid 1980s)

Just as done so in other parts of the country from 1947, Balochistan adopted the three letters followed by one to four numerals for vehicle licence registration numbers. The first two letters would denote the city/district where the vehicle was registered. AN example below:

QUA 1234 - QU would denote the city of origin of the vehicle (Quetta in this case) and A would be part of the continuing series which would end at Z. The numerals would follow the same pattern from 0001 to 9999.

LAA 1234 - LA would denote the city of origin of the vehicle (Lasbela in this case).

These license plates would be simple. A black backdrop with white font or inversed. Unfortunately, I could not find a clear image of such a plate online.

Second Series (Mid 1980s to 2001)

The second series, introduced somewhere in the mid 80s, was based on the Third Series in Sindh. The plate itself had a black backdrop and white font. The registration number itself was based on two letters followed by four numerals. The bottom of the plate was inscribed with the city/district in which the vehicle was registered.

Quote:

Standard Balochistan License Plate (Mid 80s to 2001)
Third Series

The third series, introduced in 2001, was based on the Fourth Series in Sindh (1995-2015). It featured three letters (AAA to ZZZ) and three numerals (001 to 999). However, there were a few notable differences in this from the Sindhi standard.

The plates featured a white backdrop with a black embossed font and border with the State Emblem of Balochistan painted in the middle. Furthermore, BALOCHISTAN was embossed on top of the plate whilst the city/district of origin of the vehicle would be embossed on the bottom.

Quote:

Standard Balochistan License Plates (2001 to Early 2010s)

Note: The first vehicle is registered in the city of Sibi and the second is registered in the city of Lasbela.
Fourth Series (Early 2010s to Present)

The fourth series, though the same in aesthetics and design as the last series, saw a change in the registration series. Three letters were replaced by just two and three numerals were increased to four. Everything else, including the design and font, remained the same.

Quote:

Standard Balochistan License Plate (Early 2010s to Present)
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (Formerly: North-West Frontier Province)

First Series (1947-1995)

Just as in the previous cases, the first series in NWFP was based on the nationally adopted standard of three letters followed by four numerals where the first two letters denoted the city or district in which the vehicle was registered. These plates were subsequently replaced by the second series as many people chose to re-register their vehicles once the new series was adopted.

Second Series (1995-Present)

The second series gave NWFP license plates a new identity. Firstly, they introduced a unique registration system. One letter (A to Z) followed by four numerals (0001 to 9999). This was later expanded to two letters (AA to ZZ). Additionally, the new plates featured the State Emblem of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, named North-West Frontier Province at the time, in color. On top of the plate, "NWFP" was embossed in black (Changed to Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa in 2009) and on the bottom the city or district in which the vehicle was registered was embossed in black (or white on Government vehicles).

Three variants of this series exist. Private vehicle license plates have a white backdrop with a black embossed font. Commercial vehicles have an orange backdrop (similar to the current plates for private vehicles in Sindh) with a black embossed font and government vehicles have a green backdrop with a white embossed font.

It used to be slightly different for government vehicles before 2014, where only a small green strip at the bottom would differentiate it from a standard private license plate.

Quote:

Standard NWFP Private and Government License Plates (1995-2009)

Standard NWFP Commercial/Public License Plate (1995-2009)

Standard KPK Government License Plate (2009-Present)

Standard KPK License Plate (2009-Present)
Azad Jammu & Kashmir

Due to the Kashmir Crisis, which began in 1948 and continues to this day, Pakistani Administered Kashmir hasn't formally been incorporated into the country as of yet even though it is a de facto province. Since 1947, while the rest of the country saw uniformity in how to standardize their vehicle registration and licensing, Azad Kashmir and the Northern Areas (now Gilgit-Baltistan) chose a different path.

Quote:

The earliest license plates from Azad Kashmir can be seen from 1947. Three letters (AJK) followed by three numerals.
Until the late 90s, AJK did not have a robust standardized vehicle registration system in place. Then their first computerized series was introduced based on what was already being implemented across the rest of Pakistan.

First Series (Late 1990s to 2009)

The first standardized licence plates in Azad Kashmir were based directly on the NWFP (KPK) plates at the time. The color schemes, registering systems and even the design was based on what was already being implemented in NWFP (KPK). The only difference was the change of the state emblem, when AJK incorporated their state emblem into their license plate.

Quote:

Standard AJK License Plates (Late 90s-2009)
Second Series (2009-Present)

Just as KPK modified it's standardization method in 2009, AJK adopted the same method. However, they brought about a change in the design of the license plates. Based on the license plates in Punjab at the time, they dedicated a quarter in the left to a symbol, the Chinar leaf. The Symbol of Kashmir. The rest of the design was based on the existing Islamabad license plate at the time.

Quote:

Standard AJK License Plate (2009-Present)
Gilgit-Baltistan (Formerly: Northern Areas)

To this day, GB continues to use the old (XXA 1234) method of registering vehicles based on cities or districts with no standardized license plates. Until 2010, the region was just an unincorporated territory with no central government which is why residents had their vehicles registered in AJK. However, it's expected that they will introduce standardized license plates very soon.
Old September 16th, 2016, 05:56 PM   #3879
hegoak64
hegoak64

Hello Mansoorbashir
Wow ! what a lot of informations !!!! Thank you so much
and thank you too for your hopes (Sure my friend Fane40 and me awaiting a good news from you)
Could I contact you directly ? that's about the use of your infos. Thanx
Old September 16th, 2016, 08:12 PM   #3880
Hamster333

Likes (Received): 2426

Which city in Hungary is MLU - ××× ? Thanks.
Hamster333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
license plates