search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > General Developments and Discussions

General Developments and Discussions » Bridges | Cycling | Maritime

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #1921
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 102

Latvia-Uzbekistan is certainly worth to post in the thread "stange and most distant plates". So are also all yours the pics of Uzbekistan plates.... did you see something else interesting there?
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #1922
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegoak64 View Post
If you collect polish plates, you should look at :
http://bjb.w.interia.pl/Englishvers/introduce.htm
and if want to read a book on the topic :
http://pelta.osdw.pl/ksiazka/Jacek-J...,peltaG5JLVTNT
If you know, I think have somewhere the private mail of the author
And if you want to trade for others (western ones ?) my mail is :
yves.laussucq@mongenie.com
Don't hesitate to contact me if you want chat of plates (I collect from ages now !!)
I know Jaruga's (R.I.P.) book - I've ever wanted to buy it I've heard there's a lot of informations, which are very hard to find elsewhere. But it's quite expensive (70 PLN is about 22 EUR), as book of course. However it has high position on my to-buy list.

Unfortunately, this website doesn't work.

Thanks for an e-mail adress I will use it, if I want to have some hard information about French plates. Altough my collection isn't big - I may make three very low piles by my plates...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #1923
licenseplateman

Likes (Received): 1058

Thanks for the information, everybody
licenseplateman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #1924
licenseplateman

Likes (Received): 1058

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
If you thought that's short...

image hosted on flickr

LV plate by Chriszwolle, on Flickr
I've seen that quite often that the trailers on Latvian trucks have very short combinations. Of those very short ones I've seen mostly some with a letter followed by two numbers. I think I have seen one or two of those that you posted.
licenseplateman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #1925
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Latvian trailers are all with 1 letter
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #1926
hegoak64
hegoak64

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyricon84 View Post
Latvia-Uzbekistan is certainly worth to post in the thread "stange and most distant plates". So are also all yours the pics of Uzbekistan plates.... did you see something else interesting there?
Hello Satyricon, thank you for your kindly words, but..I'm not sure to understand you rightly ! Do you want to know if ALL UZ pics are mine ? and/or if i see interesting PLATES in UZ ????
to bring some lights, the picture you used came from FRANCOPLAQUE site ! a site dedicated to plate collection, not only in French language, but, as you can find tons of sites in english, preferred french
I'm vice-president and founding member of Francoplaque, which is an ol' love affair
In an other hands, i'm lucky to went in UZ in early 2009, and saw what was the NEW system, at the moment. of course I took some pics, but nowaday, after 2 years of full-life, my pictures could be out-of-date ! So I thank you to resureccted one of it !
Except UZ, I also saw (during an extra trip) few AFG which is not so common, but also a lot of KZ TK TJ KGZ RU but also IR and more curious one Korean.
Of course some "exotic" countries like F D NL or CH too
Hope I can answer to your question
hegoak64 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1927
hegoak64
hegoak64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
I know Jaruga's (R.I.P.) book - I've ever wanted to buy it I've heard there's a lot of informations, which are very hard to find elsewhere. But it's quite expensive (70 PLN is about 22 EUR), as book of course. However it has high position on my to-buy list.

Unfortunately, this website doesn't work.

Thanks for an e-mail adress I will use it, if I want to have some hard information about French plates. Altough my collection isn't big - I may make three very low piles by my plates...
Hello MajKer
Thanx for your answer. and now read your message, I can remember saw in the past a message regarding J JARUGA, he was passed away past year no ?
If you send your mail by PM, I guess i've 2 or 3 coordinates from PL collectors
And regarding you rcollection, as we say in French "Paris ne s'est pas fait en un jour" = Paris wasn't built in a day !
I'm quite sure you've some nice plates to trade !!! don't shy

A take the opportunity to this message to ask a question :
As I saw day by day, ther are other plate collectors here, do you know it could be a good idea to open a dedicated thread ?
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1928
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Quote:
Hello Satyricon, thank you for your kindly words, but..I'm not sure to understand you rightly ! Do you want to know if ALL UZ pics are mine ? and/or if i see interesting PLATES in UZ ????
to bring some lights, the picture you used came from FRANCOPLAQUE site ! a site dedicated to plate collection, not only in French language, but, as you can find tons of sites in english, preferred french
I'm vice-president and founding member of Francoplaque, which is an ol' love affair
In an other hands, i'm lucky to went in UZ in early 2009, and saw what was the NEW system, at the moment. of course I took some pics, but nowaday, after 2 years of full-life, my pictures could be out-of-date ! So I thank you to resureccted one of it !
Except UZ, I also saw (during an extra trip) few AFG which is not so common, but also a lot of KZ TK TJ KGZ RU but also IR and more curious one Korean.
Of course some "exotic" countries like F D NL or CH too
Hope I can answer to your question
Wow, it's a honor to have you here also. Let me do my compliments for your site, it's very good and I use pics from it often here as example, cause you can find everything on it. I guess also you know my friend Giuseppe from Florence cause some pics in the site are of him too.
Yes, I wanted to ask if the UZ pics were all yours cause I saw YL in the legend. Korean plate in UZ is certainly another strange spot!
I have some pics that maybe for your site could be usefull, just I don't speak french so I don't know how to send
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #1929
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Quote:
A take the opportunity to this message to ask a question :
As I saw day by day, ther are other plate collectors here, do you know it could be a good idea to open a dedicated thread ?
I think is a good idea, I'm a collector too. Just my collection is very small at the moment, only 88 plates
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1930
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

I also think it's very good idea - I may look at another LP collections like child at exposition of a toy shop, without check :P And it may be great source of foreign plates - maybe somebody will make some international exchange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #1931
hegoak64
hegoak64

[QUOTE=Satyricon84;88568406]
Hello satyricon
Thank you for your kindly words. I need to say FRANCOPLAQUE was and still is a group of friends. If we work hardly, it was in crew, and now, I accept your words for all of us
Yes I know Guiseppe di Firenza, A great"saluti" to you (and your charming wife) but also few others italian collectors, with some "great"
Your lucky because in may , you could go to the annual convention of Europlate (a great club of plate enthusiast, I'm member !) This year at Trezzo sul Adda, which is not so far for you !
If interested don't hesitate to contact me directly
If you never see dozens of big boys swimming in thousands of plates from everywhere, it is an unic occasion !
Regarding my proposition, who knows the way to open this kind of topic ?
And I guess it could be reserved to collection and COLLECTORS, not for this kind of people who want to make money, money, money !!!
I'm disgusting by a well-known site, where you can see few interesting plates, but mainly tons of fakes, dupes, forgeries or fantasies without any connection with a serious collection !
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1932
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Of course I'll go to Europlate convention (Trezzo is 14 Km far from my home) and I went to AISTA convention in Brescia last september where I got to know many other italian collectors (that surely some of them you know too). In May there's also the Millemiglia race in Brescia and Concorso d'Eleganza Villa Este in Como that are occasions to see beautiful cars and exotic license plates....so it will be a busy month
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #1933
hegoak64
hegoak64

Your lucky because in may , you could go to the annual convention of Europlate (a great club of plate enthusiast, I'm member !) This year at Trezzo sul Adda, which is not so far for you
If you never see dozens of big boys swimming in thousands of plates from everywhere, it is an unic occasion !

In the meantime, if somebody's interested by french plates, say it to me !
Old February 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #1934
Stainless

Likes (Received): 33

Picture shamelessly taken from wikipedia.

This is a temporary export plate, all new plates starting XA-XF are for temporary use, but it is not that obvious. Also worth noting the car is LHD, so is on its way to somewhere with right hand traffic.
Stainless no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1935
recycle
cypriot

Likes (Received): 23

tax free cars (no vat paid) for export within two months to another country of the EU where vat is paid get plates like this with prefixes XA to XF, where the second letter is month of registration
so this car is registered in July 2008 and the plates are valid till September 2008
recycle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #1936
46&2

Likes (Received): 0

Pictures of the new Macedonian licence plates from the recent presentation.
Starting from Monday all of the new registered cars will have them.
They are not obligatory for the other cars.
The price is something less then 20 euros (1200 denars).

There are also going to be custom license plates with price of 1200 euros and historical plates (the gray one on the picture ending with H) for vehicles older then 35 years.
46&2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #1937
Filipdr

Likes (Received): 2

Nice, much better than the old Macedonian plates.
Filipdr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #1938
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

Likes (Received): 7

Well, I would say that 8-character plates for a country of 2 mln people are little over-the-edge, but they look nice.
Where can we find a deeper explaination of the system? What are green and red plates for?
Fuzzy Llama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #1939
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 3518

I suppose plates with red letters are for abnormal vehicles, while green letters indicate temporary plates. It was like that so far.
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #1940
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

They should make central system with short, 6-charactered combination. I think the same as Fuzzy_Llama - 8 characters are too much for pretty small country. But quality is good.

I think Albania prepared the best system from all Balkan states - with coat of arms on euroband and centralised. But maybe "prepared" is too high word for it - it's just next case, which Albania want to be like Italy...

Tags
license plates