daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pangsapuri

Pangsapuri completed and under construction residential projects & high-rise living

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 18th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #21
Greg

Likes (Received): 59

Thanks a lot for this comprehensive update Szehoong. Now I have my fingers crossed for Plaza Rakyat!!

Here is something I've found just before on the net:

Golden Avenue Service Apartments (Previously known as Tristar) is strategically located along bustling Jalan Tun Razak. The building will be in the neighborhood of such well known buildings like Putra World Trade Centre, UMNO Building, Istana Budaya, The Legend Hotel, The Mall Shopping Centre, The Pan Pacific Hotel, and National Art Gallery. Immediately next to Golden Avenue Service Apartments is the Titiwangsa LRT Station and also Titiwangsa Monorail Station. The LRT and Monorail will eventually provide easy public access from Golden Avenue Service Apartments to the Golden Triangle and the city center of Kuala Lumpur.

Golden Avenue Service Apartments
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #22
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1830

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg

Thanks a lot for this comprehensive update Szehoong. Now I have my fingers crossed for Plaza Rakyat!!

Here is something I've found just before on the net:

Golden Avenue Service Apartments (Previously known as Tristar) is strategically located along bustling Jalan Tun Razak. The building will be in the neighborhood of such well known buildings like Putra World Trade Centre, UMNO Building, Istana Budaya, The Legend Hotel, The Mall Shopping Centre, The Pan Pacific Hotel, and National Art Gallery. Immediately next to Golden Avenue Service Apartments is the Titiwangsa LRT Station and also Titiwangsa Monorail Station. The LRT and Monorail will eventually provide easy public access from Golden Avenue Service Apartments to the Golden Triangle and the city center of Kuala Lumpur.

Golden Avenue Service Apartments
OMG ....finally they are going to resume the otherwise eyesore in that area.......I would like to live there......not too far from the city......with a Starline and KL Monorail staion just by its side and a short distance to the famed Titiwangsa Lake Gardens.

And this time the project should take off quite smoothly as LBS Bina is a reputable company
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2004, 03:00 AM   #23
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally posted by szehoong

Sunway Suites: structure completed but still left the interior....

Dua Residency: Showhouse already completed and opening anytime soon..........groundworks had already started.

Marc Service Apartments: Groundworks are in very advanced stage.........they are now digging the 'hole' for the basement levels. Works continued till night........

Seri Maya: Structure almost completed. Should have topped up already!

Sunway Suites : I have no idea where is this located..well maybe in Sunway like the name mention

Dua Residency : The developer should just make a 2 block of 22 storey condominium rather than 2 block of 20 storey. I thought the showroom already open since last week cause I keep noticing there are people inside the room looking at the model of the condominium.

Seri Maya : 1st phase, Jelatek and Lanai 1 and 2 already completed and at its final stage. Currently they are painting the 2 block of 18 storey building. The second and 3 phase already started and now move to 4 or 5 floor already...
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:08 AM   #24
ZaHiRnYa???

The current stages on the development for Stonor Park...
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #25
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 28

base so small?? sure gonna look slim

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #26
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

Twin 32 storeys - The Mulberry @ Sentul East

We just need to wait for more updates!

FROM THE STAR
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...6&sec=business

YTL sees RM574m sales from 3 projects

BY SABRY TAHIR

YTL Land & Development Bhd, which has seen the success of its early projects in Sentul, will launch three new property projects with sales value of RM574mil in the same area this year.

YTL Corp managing director Tan Sri Francis Yeoh said the group's second development in Sentul East, called The Saffron, would be launched in September.

The Mulberry, an upmarket condominium at Sentul West, and a commercial parcel at Sentul East, would also be launched by the year's end.

?The pace doesn't stop. We will keep the momentum going with new product launches each year,'' Yeoh said at a media briefing in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.

He expected good take-up rates for these properties, should the current market sentiment and favourable economic outlook prevail until the end of this year and well into 2005.

?I?ve seen buying momentum since last year for properties in the right location, and from the right developers,'' he said.

The new projects are part of YTL Land's revival of Sentul Raya into a mixed development township on a 294-acres freehold land.

From left: YTL Land managing director Datuk Yeoh Siok Kian, Tan Sri Francis Yeoh and Sentul Raya Sdn Bhd project manager Kon Chee Onn briefing the media and analysts on the new projects.
Once fully developed, Sentul Raya will boast of an exclusive township worth RM7bil in gross development value.

The maiden development, Tamarind, comprising some 500 highrise condominium units launched in July 2002, has achieved a take-up rate of more than 80%.

The Tamarind and Maple projects, which are among the company's maiden projects, have projected a sales value of RM280mil.

YTL Land, which owns Lot 10 Shopping Complex, Star Hill Shopping Centre and JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur, is the property investment arm of YTL Corp Bhd.

On the upcoming Saffron project, Yeoh said: ?Again, it will be about affordable, high-quality living spaces, a few minutes away from the city, with every amenity at the doorstep.''

The Saffron comes with a built-up area of 1,800 to 2,300 sq ft and features, among other things, the 12-foot floor-to-ceiling windows.

Priced at RM400,000 each, sales value for the 400 units of Saffron apartments is estimated at RM200mil.

The next launch would be the Mulberry, which comprise two 32-storey tower blocks comprising 398 condominium units to be developed on a seven-acre site.

Each unit has a built-up area of 2,300 sq ft to 3,000 sq ft and is priced at RM800,000. Total sales value of the Mulberry is estimated at RM350mil.

The third launch will be a three-and-a-half storey commercial building in Sentul East, which could house 16 retail outlets as well as eight duplex residential lots.

The commercial parcel, with estimated sales value of RM24mil, is expected to be launched by year end.

Yeoh added that YTL would improve the infrastructure around Sentul through its involvement in the RM55mil Mahameru Highway project, which was due for completion in 2007.
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:44 AM   #27
ZaHiRnYa???

Na....I don't think so
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:24 PM   #28
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

From THESTAR
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...2&sec=business

Affordable apartments near Bandar Utama

BY C.S. TAN

One of the features of housing in this country is that most people can afford a house or an apartment, unlike Taiwan or South Korea.

Even in a fairly expensive area like Bandar Utama in Petaling Jaya, you can buy an apartment that is affordable to most working people.

Metro Kajang Holdings Bhd is developing these apartments in that township area.

Chong Yong Han
They are really condominiums as they come with facilities such as swimming pool and gymnasium. Nearby, asking prices for double-storey houses in Bandar Utama are around RM480,000.

Metro Kajang's condos in the same area are priced about RM180,000 each, and less for the earlier phases. Small wonder that the public has snapped up whatever it has put into the market.

It is more the norm that condos are priced at just a small discount to the prices of houses in the same neighbourhood.

Metro Kajang has sold all the condos in its Pelangi Damansara 1 project that is located near the Mutiara Damansara and Bandar Utama townships. Pelangi 1 involves the development of over 2,000 condo units.

The company is now developing Pelangi Damansara 2 on the other side of Bandar Utama, near the head office building of TV3.

This will have six blocks of condos.

?It is walking distance to One Utama,? said finance manager Tan Wan San.

This is an attractive selling point. One Utama is one of the most popular shopping complexes in PJ.

In the Pelangi 2 project, Metro Kajang launched and sold out last month all the 648 units in phase one that covers three condo blocks.

The group commenced sales of the fourth block under phase two last Saturday, its general manager for property Chong Yong Han told StarBiz.

As in phase one, phase two comprises three blocks of condos of 648 units. The rest of the last two blocks will be launched at a later date.

Given the strong demand for the earlier phase, it is no wonder that prices for the latest launch are higher. Prices for condo units in this block start from RM180,000 compared with starting prices of RM160,000 in the earlier blocks.

?The latest block will have a better standard than the first phase. It will have better designs, landscape and finishing,? Chong said.

The almost instant take-up rate the condo units took the company by surprise. ?Initially, it was planned for Pelangi 2 to be sold over one year. Now, it appears all the units may be sold in two months,? Tan said.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 06:33 PM   #29
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

From The Star

RM4bil Malaysia and Singapore properties on offer at HOC 2004

A TOTAL of RM4bil worth of Malaysian and Singaporean properties will be offered at the Home Ownership Campaign 2004 (HOC) at Kuala Lumpur's Mid Valley Megamall from June 24 to 27.
The campaign comprised 100 projects, with seven projects from Singapore totalling S$800mil, said SK Brothers Realty Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Charlie Chan.
The properties offered were located mainly in the Klang Valley, while others were in Johor Baru, Malacca, Penang and Singapore.
Chan was speaking at a media conference on Tuesday to announce SK Brothers' collaboration with Propnex Realty Pte Ltd, one of the largest real estate firms in Singapore.
Chan said this was the first time a Singaporean group was involved in its annual HOC and would help promote the Malaysia, My Second Home programme.
Propnex Realty chief executive officer Major Mohamed Ismail said the Malaysian government's support for the Malaysia, My Second Home programme, had renewed confidence in Singaporeans to invest here.
Old June 7th, 2004, 12:55 AM   #30
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Article Greg found

From NST

Recognition factor

The road to recognition in real estate begins with making the right acquisition - one that not only promises profits or high yields but also causes the rest of the industry to sit up and take notice.

Opportunities to acquire such properties don?t present themselves that often and when they do, competition for them is stiff. For this reason, serious property players shouldn?t miss Pengurusan Danaharta Nasional Bhd?s (Danaharta) month-long Specific Tender that?s kicking off on Jan 12.

On offer by the national asset management company are four high profile properties in equally high profile locations that offer as much in potential as they do in bragging rights.

Appreciable investments
Of the properties, two are investment gems capable of producing returns that are bound to whet the appetite of the most demanding investor.

The first is an instantly recognisable landmark in Kuala Lumpur that started life as a wet market in the 1930s before being refurbished and converted into a cultural shopping centre.

Located along Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock in the heart of KL?s old banking district, this one-and-a-half-storey building has an occupancy rate of 96 per cent for its 139 retail lots, 122 kiosks, 17 hawker stalls and food-court.

Based on its Indicative Value (IV) of RM34 million for its sub-lease expiring in 2064, an average monthly rental of RM6psf and an occupancy rate of 96 per cent, the successful bidder of this property is looking at a nett passing yield of 12.7 per cent per annum.

But that?s not all. A closer look at this popular tourist attraction will reveal that only about 50 per cent of its nett useable area of 59,154sq ft is currently being utilised. This means the potential to further enhance its yield is present.

In fact, a 30 per cent increase in rental rates in line with industry norm and enhancing the efficiency of the nett useable space by 10 per cent would increase the yield of this building with an unexpired term of 61 years on its sub-lease to over 13 per cent per annum.

Such double-digit returns should catch the attention of Real Estate Investment Trust (REITS) companies.

Given its high profile and landmark status in the city, the building has the potential of being the star in any REITS portfolio.

The second property comprises 131 hotel rooms (out of a total of 445 rooms), four apartments and 14 penthouses in a beach resort in Tanjung Kling, Malacca.

Like the preceding property, this resort located about 10km from Malacca city centre is also instantly recognisable and able to generate the yields that wouldn?t make it out of place in a REITS portfolio.

The potential of the tourism industry will obviously weigh heavily on its success. No doubt, many believe that the tourism industry in general is still far from its best form. Even so, the upside for this property is tremendous, and given the yields that it can currently generate, it is worth serious consideration by buyers scouting for investment opportunities in the tourism sector.

Consider the numbers: Based on the average occupancy rate of 55 per cent it achieved in 2002 and its IV of RM29.061 million, the successful bidder renting out just 72 of the 131 hotel rooms at RM120 per night would be looking at a gross passing return of 10.8 per cent per annum.

Development high
In Danaharta?s Specific Tender are two parcels of land that make for sound springboards for successful ventures.

First off, is a three-acre freehold site along Jalan Sultan Ismail in the heart of KL?s Golden Triangle amidst the most prominent buildings in the country.

Situated opposite Concorde Hotel and with a KL Monorail station just a stone?s throw away, this lot, which also enjoys frontage onto the quieter Lorong P. Ramlee, was originally planned for a commercial development comprising three highrise towers of 28-, 29- and 43-storeys, a seven-storey podium and an eight-level basement car-park.

Plans for the project have been submitted to the relevant authorities which acknowledged its viability in 1995, but withheld final approval pending the finalisation of certain technical details.

In any event, should the successful bidder decide not to implement the original idea, it could consider undertaking a six-star condotel cum office and/or retail venture capitalising on the property?s dual frontage advantage.

On the Jalan Sultan Ismail side measuring 324ft, the investor could construct the commercial face of the project comprising office suites and/or retail lots that could be rented out for recurring income.

Meanwhile, the more secluded Lorong P. Ramlee face measuring 171ft could serve as the entrance to a condotel or serviced apartment.

Such a venture would justify the acquisition of this property pegged at an IV of RM55 million or RM420psf.

After all, six-star serviced residences within a one kilometre radius of the world?s tallest buildings, the Petronas Twin Towers, have been transacting in the region of RM650psf to RM700psf.

Based on its permissable plot ratio of 3.9 and an efficiency of 75 per cent, the new owner/developer can build a strcture with a gross built-up area of at least 357,000sq ft.

The second development land in the Specific Tender with an IV of RM21 million or RM5psf represents a rare opportunity to capitalise on the tourist traffic of the popular Genting Highlands Resort.

On offer is a 94.851-acre freehold lot originally planned as the theme park component of a 348-acre resort venture that was to comprise bungalow plots, luxury condominiums and high-cost apartments, approved by Majlis Daerah Bentong in 1988.

Two alternatives present themselves. The successful bidder could rekindle the theme park component to tap into the popularity of Genting Highlands Resort located 1,000ft higher, or submit fresh plans for say a college campus with saleable dormitory-style apartments for students. However, the former would entail fresh submission as the original approval has since lapsed.

For more information on Danaharta?s Specific Tender, call Azleen at 03-5101 5713; Ai Leen at 03-5101 5712, or log onto www.danaharta.com.my

- Property Times 10 Jan 2004 issue -

<< BACK ...............................................................................

Copyright ? NSTP e-Media Sdn. Bhd. All rights reserved.
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:09 AM   #31
ZaHiRnYa???

Wow....6 star serviced residence. Impressive. Will that be the highest rated star given to a serviced residence in Malaysia?
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:35 AM   #32
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

From The Star

Laws on service apartments

Govt looking at ways to protect owners

KUALA LUMPUR: The Housing and Local Government Ministry is looking at legislation to protect buyers of service apartments.
Minister Datuk Seri Ong Ka Ting said present laws under the ministry did not govern service apartments, as they were not categorised as residential property.
This was because some developers would rent out the property like hotels and the Housing Developers Act 2002 does not provide legal protection to such apartments, he said.
?I have brought the issue to the Cabinet and when approved, the ministry will be able to monitor these apartments,? Ongtold reporters at the Parliament lobby yesterday.
He said the ministry had voluntarily made some amendments to existing housing laws to include protection for service apartment owners.
Ong reminded local and state authorities to be careful when approving projects for service apartments to ensure that the developers had the necessary capital and good track record.
On another matter, he said the ministry had blacklisted 22 developers for various offences under the Act.
?Some of them have been involved in abandoned projects and late delivery of houses following complaints from house buyers,? Ong said, without naming the developers.
He said another 29 developers have had their licenses suspended for similar offences.
Ong also said developers were required to submit a progressive report on their projects twice in a year, in January and July.
?This is to ensure the developers keep to their schedule as well as keep the ministry informed of the work progress,? he added.
When asked if there were any developers who had failed to meet the deadline for their progressive reports, Ong said the ministry has been receiving encouraging response from the developers.
Old June 8th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #33
THT-United
MILLENNIUM FALCON

Likes (Received): 654

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaHiRnYa???
Sunway Suites : I have no idea where is this located..well maybe in Sunway like the name mention
Sunway Suites is that tall block located directly behind the Pyramid... It is between Pyramid itself and the Lagoon Resort...
THT-United no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2004, 06:49 AM   #34
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

From The Star

Housebuyers? rights endorsed

BY CHELSEA L.Y. NG

PUTRAJAYA: The Federal Court handed down yesterday a landmark judgment endorsing the rights of owners of housing units bought before December 2002 to file claims with the Homebuyers Claims Tribunal.

Chief Justice Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim ruled that the tribunal had jurisdiction to hear disputes relating to houses bought before Dec 1, 2002, the day the amendment to the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966 came into effect.

The amendment was made to establish a tribunal to speedily solve claims of RM25,000 and below.

Ahmad Fairuz, who sat with Federal Court judge Justice P.S. Gill and Court of Appeal judge Justice S. Augustine Paul, also decided unanimously that the punishment set out in Section 16AD of the Act had no relevance to the tribunal's jurisdiction issue.

(The appellant, Westcourt Corporation Sdn Bhd, had claimed that allowing the punishment to cover cases of houses bought before December 2002 was tantamount to allowing criminal law to operate retrospectively against the developer and was ultra vires Article 7 of the Federal Constitution)

?Section 16AD does not violate Article 7 (1) of the Federal Constitution. It is a valid law,? said the Chief Justice.

?We therefore dismiss the appeal. We will provide reasons in full in the grounds of our judgment later,? he said.

The court had earlier heard arguments by Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail, who represented the tribunal, and counsel Lambert Rasaratnam, who acted for the developer.

Gani submitted that the Act was a piece of social legislation enacted to protect housebuyers from unscrupulous developers.

?These purchasers need protection, whether the sites are sold before, contemporaneously with and after completion of the houses,? he said.

The criminal-natured punishment set out in Section 16AD, he argued, had no nexus with the breach of the sale and purchase agreement.

?The offence punishable by Section 16AD is not the breach of contract but non-compliance of an award handed down by the tribunal.

?By no way can we stretch our imagination to the extent of connecting the breach of S&P to the penalty for non-compliance of the award,? he said.

Gani was replying to Rasaratnam?s contention that criminal law had been allowed to operate on the developer retrospectively when the tribunal awarded a housebuyer compensation for a unit bought before December 2002.

Rasaratnam argued that the punishment section ought to be applied prospectively.

Under Section 16AD, an offender who does not comply with an award could be fined up to RM5,000 or jailed up to two years, or both.

In the case of a continuing offence, the offender could be imposed an additional fine of up to RM1,000 per day after the conviction.

The case began in the tribunal with about 50 housebuyers claiming against several developers, including Westcourt Corporation.

The tribunal had ruled in favour of the housebuyers but the developers took their case for a judicial review at the High Court.

The High Court then declared that the tribunal did not have the jurisdiction to hear claims on properties purchased before the amendment of the Act.

The housebuyers appealed and on Dec 18, the Court of Appeal set aside the High Court judgment and ruled for the buyers.

Westcourt Corporation then filed its application for leave to appeal and at the end of last month, it obtained leave from yesterday?s panel to appeal.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 06:55 AM   #35
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

From The Star

HK and Taiwan actors buying property in Penang

BY SYLVIA LOOI

PENANG: The property scene here is abuzz with speculation that several big names from Hong Kong and Taiwan are eyeing or have invested in properties on the island.

The latest name is Taiwanese movie star Richie Jen, who has spoken of his intention to invest in a holiday and retirement home here.

Jen, who was here over the weekend, said he would prefer a house by the beach, which he could make his permanent home upon retiring from singing and acting.

He also said he would consult ex-Bond girl Datuk Michelle Yeoh for advice as she had reportedly invested in a Penang property.

Yeoh is speculated to have invested in a condo costing between RM1.6mil and RM1.7mil in Gurney Drive.

Speculation over superstars eyeing or investing in expensive property, especially those overlooking the North Channel, is not new.

Hong Kong action superstar Jackie Chan and ?heavenly king? Andy Lau are among those said to have purchased property here.

Chan?s name has been linked to a high-end residential property in Tanjung Tokong while Lau is said to have invested in a 4,000 sq ft condo in Gurney Drive.

More speculation has it that Hong Kong actor Simon Yam is the owner of a posh sea-front condominium on the island's southwest, with a commanding view of Penang Bridge and the resort in Pulau Jerejak.

The actors have generated a lot of interest and welcomed by the real estate and housing industry here.

Real Estate and Housing Developers Association Malaysia (Rehda) Penang branch chairman Datuk Eddy Choong welcomed the news.

?I hope they will recommend investing here to their friends,? he said.

Said an estate agent: ?Such speculation is good for the industry and can help sell projects.?

Star power can sell, as developer Belleview Group can attest to, after appointing popular Hong Kong comedic actress Yuen Keng Tang to promote the Symphony Park and Vantage Point projects in Jelutong.

Those who follow the popular TVB serial War of the Genders and Virtues of Harmony (currently aired over Astro?s Wah Lai Toh channel) will not fail to recognise Yuen, who appears on giant billboards and banners near Komtar and in Jelutong.

Reprising her role as ?Sin Cher? the eccentric legal firm secretary in War of the Genders, Yuen appears in old-fashioned glasses with hair knotted in a bun.

A company official said that Yuen?s appointment as spokesperson helped sell units in

the Symphony Park project, adding that prices had appreciated.
Old June 24th, 2004, 06:13 AM   #36
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

BANDARAYA IS BACK WITH MORE!!!!!!!!!

From the edge
http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/cont...9b990-60165112

Bandar Raya to buy more land

Bandar Raya Developments Bhd plans to increase its land bank by an additional 132ha to 220ha in the Klang Valley for middle- to high-end development projects, says its chairman Datuk Mohamed Moiz.

?We are looking at a bigger land bank,? Mohamed told reporters after Bandar Raya?s AGM in Kuala Lumpur on June 23. He said the company was in discussions with various parties.

Mohamed said besides the RM1.2 billion Capital Square, another major undertaking was a residential-cum-commercial development project with a gross development value (GDV) of RM400 million in Jalan Binjai, Kuala Lumpur.

He said the project would be launched in the fourth quarter. The company was ?very excited? about the project, which is located a short distance away from KL City Centre?s Petronas twin towers, he added.

?We believe it will take the market by storm,? Mohamed said.

Bandar Raya chief executive officer Datuk Jaganath Sabapathy said the company should be ?very profitable? from 2005 onwards as the company had a total GDV of RM1.5 billion for 2004 and 2005.

Moreover, the company would reap the benefits of its subsidiary Mieco Chipboard Bhd's new RM300 million plant in Pahang, which was on target to start commercial operation by early next year.

Jaganath said Mieco was contributing about 53% to the Bandar Raya's bottomline. He said development projects? contributions would go up 60% from 2005 onwards.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 07:56 PM   #37
mams

Likes (Received): 0

It's all happening at PJ Golden Triangle

THE Golden Triangle of Petaling Jaya, comprising Bandar Utama, Damansara Perdana and Mutiara Damansara, is poised to be one of Malaysia's leading “happening” places.

This modern leisure, entertainment and shopping hub got a further boost this year with the grand opening of the 1 Utama Shopping Centre's RM300mil Phase 2 in January and the completion of the Sprint Expressway's Penchala Link in February. October is expected to see the completion of The Curve, Petaling Jaya's centre of fashion and dining with 166 fashion outlets, 79 F & B outlets, an art village and a boutique hotel.

The Cathay Cineleisure will be opened this December. This entertainment hotspot will have a 20-screen cineplex, a 60-lane bowling alley and clubs.

How do the three developments stack up?

·Mutiara Damansara: The attractions are, you can say, big. You have Asia's largest Ikea, South-East Asia's flagship Tesco store, and the Ikano Power Centre where every store is like a mini anchor.

The Curve and Cathay Cineleisure are located just next door.

·Damansara Perdana: It has four fairly unique attractions albeit on a smaller scale – The Place (a cosy, tropical-style food and beverage centre with palm trees and water features); the Tropics shopping centre (initially meant to be a neighbourhood centre but its 110,000 sq ft of net lettable space is being turned into the country's first factory outlet, with an anchor tenant, two junior tenants, 135 retail lots and many kiosks); the Metropolitan Square; and the Perdana Walk, a belt of alfresco eateries, similar to the Bintang Walk.

When this township is completed in 2011, it will have 14,500 residential properties (including bungalows priced around RM5mil). Its residential and working population alone is expected to sustain the viability of its commercial components.

·Bandar Utama :This is the more established of the three developments. It boasts the 1 Utama shopping centre and Centrepoint, a neighbourhood-style retail centre.

The new extension has made 1 Utama possibly the biggest shopping centre in Petaling Jaya with 600 retail lots, a total gross area of 5 million sq ft and a combined retail space of 1.68 million sq ft. There is also a proposed business class hotel, medical centre and a retirement village in Bandar Utama.

It may not be too long before more people choose to hang out in this exciting hub rather than drive to Kuala Lumpur and suffer the city's traffic jam. For those who like to dine alfresco or chat with friends over a cup of cappuccino, the Golden Triangle of Petaling Jaya offers numerous eateries in a modern and conducive setting compared to congested Bangsar where finding a parking space is always difficult.

High-end developments such as Aman Suria, Damansara Legenda, Kota Damansara, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Bandar Utama, and Country Heights Damansara have markedly increased the level of affluence in the area. The opening of the Sprint highway has also brought the affluent Sri Hartamas and Mont' Kiara areas closer to this exciting hub.

Property prices have surged in recent years with strong demand for this prime location. For example, when the high-rise apartments in Damansara Perdana were launched in 2000, they were priced at about RM150 per sq ft (psf). The price shot up to RM220 to RM250 psf in 2003 and it is projected to hit RM350 psf next year. Compare this to the RM400 to RM450 psf for condominiums in Mont' Kiara, a few minutes' drive away.

Likewise, retail lots in The Tropics were priced around RM500 psf two to three years ago, but now the developer's selling prices of shop lots in the Metropolitan Square are around RM1,000 psf!

It is a success story for MK Land Bhd whose subsidiary Saujana Triangle Sdn Bhd has sold RM1.8bil worth of properties in the RM8.3bil Damansara Perdana since it first launched Malaysia's first e-lifestyle township in 1996. Things are moving quite fast these days for Damansara Perdana.

Like in most commercial developments, the shop offices in the Perdana Business Centre were vacant for a few years after they were completed in 1999.

However, over the past year or so, more and more shops and offices are being occupied.

There is a nice budget hotel here. The roads are wide and the developer has placed colourful street objects to spruce up the place. There is plenty of surface parking.

There are three or four cafes in The Place since the complex was handed over last December. The units here have been fully sold. Across the road is the proposed Metropolitan Square, a six-block condominium cum commercial development that offers a complete range of world-class facilities including a modern two-storey clubhouse featuring the first glass-edged pool in Malaysia.

There is also a multi-feature swimming pool, consisting of a leisure pool, a bubble tub, aqua aerobics, and water jets among others.

Saujana Triangle Sdn Bhd chief operating officer Peter Chan said the township had transformed a great deal over the past year.

“Rentals have risen quite fast and a lot of people are moving into the shop offices. There were many smaller family businesses during the last six months but of late, the weaker tenants have moved out. Coming in are more established companies like 7-Eleven and Hong Leong,” he said.

On the Tropics, Chan said things were still “a bit slow”. “We're in the process of doing a few things like livening up the place with street arts like those in Tokyo's Roppongi Hills and getting a fashion group as anchor tenant,” he said, adding that there were plans to have a children's centre which would among other things have a child development centre and a library where one could rent toys.

There would also be a Penang lifestyle centre where people can enjoy Penang hawker fare.

He said the Metropolitan Square's ground floor shops had been fully sold.

“People queued up to buy the shops when we launched it last year,” he said, adding that the first condominium block with 396 units had been sold out while the second block with 252 units is about 50% sold.

s While everyone seems to be zooming into this Golden Triangle, there are fears that the whole place may face traffic congestion in future. However, for the moment, traffic situation is still all right.

Checks showed that during weekdays, especially in the morning and afternoon, the shopping centres and hypermarkets here are fairly quiet.
mams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:58 AM   #38
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

From The Star

Better economy expected to improve office occupancy rate

While the residential property sector has shown improvement in the last 12 to 18 months, the commercial property sector has lagged behind. Despite reports of a glut in commercial units, there is good news for the industry. StarBiz' assistant news editor Angie Ng and journalist Angie Ang spoke to developers and property consultants to check out the pulse of the industry and the outlook ahead.

Menara Milenium-one of the recently transacted office buildings.

ALTHOUGH the Klang Valley has a surplus of 20 million sq ft of office space market, the oversupplied condition is not occurring in all sub-segments, said Khong & Jaafar Sdn Bhd managing director Elvin Fernandez.

?Thus while the older, poorly located and poorly managed buildings have high vacancies, the new and better located buildings and those that are a better fit in terms of tenant preferences, are doing fairly well in terms of increasing occupancy and increasing rental charges,? he said, adding that rents in these preferred buildings were rising slowly in line with the improving growth rates in the economy.

Colliers, Jordan Lee and Jaafar Sdn Bhd managing director Tangga Peragasam agrees.

?There are no problems selling or leasing commercial properties in good locations. In fact, demand for these properties has recovered,? he said.

According to Tangga, good locations for office space include the Golden Triangle and for retail ? Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur Central Business District and Bukit Bintang.

Fernandez expects prime office rent to pass the benchmark of RM4 to RM5 per sq ft (psf) per month level, bringing the market to above levels that support the cost of putting up such buildings.

?It will mark a milestone in the development of the market since the Asian Financial crisis.

?With rents for these 'market fit' buildings looking upward, the initial returns for potential investors of office buildings are exceptionally high at this point in time,? he said.

According to Fernandez, the well managed and well located shopping complexes, both suburban and downtown are also good, with increasing rents based on strengthening turnovers, despite the overall oversupply in the market.

Tangga said retail rental charges had risen by 15% to 20% in the past three years with places like Bukit Bintang commanding RM25 to RM35 psf per month and Mid Valley RM15 to RM35 psf.

?There is also high demand for two- or three-storey shop houses in Bangsar, which have been sold for RM4mil compared with RM3mil one or two years ago. Three storey shop offices in Desa Sri Hartamas are going for RM2.5mil to RM3mil, up from RM1.5mil two years ago,? he said.

On return on investments, Tangga said an average return would be 6% to 7% for retail and office properties and 5% for poorer locations.

?This is expected to continue in the next six to 12 months,? he said.

CH Williams Talhar & Wong Sdn Bhd managing director Goh Tian Sui said bank mergers, which caused right sizing and movements, had put some initial pressure on office space demand but this had stabilised.

?Office users had moved out but there was no expansion of space by other businesses. With the recovery in the economy, there has been improvement in the office space take-up rate. It is moving on nicely,? he said.

However, he concurred that some office space, especially those in the outskirts of the Kuala Lumpur central area would continue to be vacant due to its not so desirable location.

Goh expects the vacancy rate to generally reduce for all commercial property segments going forward with the underlying factor that the economy would do well.

?Supply is more or less fixed as developers are now more cautious and not really building very much. However, this could lead to an upward pressure on rentals, especially in sub-markets where current occupancies are good,? he said, adding that the main growth areas consisted of new townships like Kota Damansara, Kota Kemuning, Puchong and Cyberjaya.

The firm's first-quarter report for the office sector in the Klang Valley recorded a vacancy rate of 18% with prime rates stable at RM4 to RM6 psf per month.

YY Property Solutions (in association with Cushman & Wakefield) chief executive officer Y.Y. Lau noted that there had been active transactions in the high-rise purpose built office market for sales and investment purposes in the past 12 months.

Recent transactions on existing buildings include Menara Weld, Menara Milenium, Mui Plaza and Wisma KFC.

Lau said activities in the rental market were also picking up, especially from existing companies, which were upgrading and expanding with some notable transactions related to financial services and insurance.
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:59 AM   #39
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

From The Star

Better times in store for commercial properties

While the residential property sector has shown improvement in the last 12 to 18 months, the commercial property sector has lagged behind. Despite reports of a glut in commercial units, there is good news for the industry. StarBiz' assistant news editor Angie Ng and journalist Angie Ang spoke to developers and property consultants to check out the pulse of the industry and the outlook ahead.

ALTHOUGH still in an early stage of recovery, the commercial property sector is starting to see better times ahead with quite a few major developments planned or under way in Kuala Lumpur and the Klang Valley.

These include Pavilion in Bukit Bintang, Capital Square in the KL central business district (CBD) and Mutiara Damansara's integrated lifestyle commercial development, which encompasses Ikano Power Station, The Curve, Cine Leisure Complex and the adjacent 1 Utama Shopping area, within the golden triangle of Petaling Jaya. Other major cities like Penang and Johor Baru are also beginning to show increased demand for commercial properties.

Lai Voon Hon
Visitors to Kuala Lumpur will not fail to notice the robust retail complexes and the sprouting of new food and beverage (F&B) outlets and kiosks along the busy Jalan Sultan Ismail right through to the periphery of the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) and Jalan Bukit Bintang.

The city's skyline and landscape are changing by the day and if one has not been to the city in the past one to two years, it is like walking into an alien city with new landmarks in all corners.

With the foreign exchange advantage on Malaysia's side, thanks to the weaker ringgit against other major currencies, the country is rapidly growing into a favourite shopping and tourism paradise of the East.

With more concerted efforts between the Government and industry players to promote the country's retail, food and beverage (F&B) and tourism potential, more positive news will continue to unfold and benefit the commercial property sector.

Major property groups such as YTL Land & Development Bhd and Bandar Raya Developments Bhd have already anticipated what's coming and plans for the re-modelling of the Star Hill shopping centre by YTL into one of KL's biggest F&B complex and Bandar Raya's Manhattan-style apartments, state-of-the-art offices, a shopping centre and a hotel at Capital Square, are signs of the better times ahead.

Datuk C.K. Wong
Besides the KL city centre, the bubbly addresses of Mont'Kiara and Sri Hartamas will continue to see more F&B and commercial office space being added due to the strong population growth in these areas.

Quite a few recently launched commercial projects have received very encouraging take-up and most of the interests are for shop houses and shop offices in thriving neighbourhoods and developments in new growth corridors such as the fast expanding Damansara and south Klang Valley.

Prime retail centres are also enjoying higher rental rates and better occupancy. Just as in residential properties, location is an important consideration in commercial property purchase.

The return on investment or yield is also important because many purchasers of commercial properties are investors looking for reasonable yields of at least 6% to 8% per annum.

According to Ireka Corp Bhd executive director Lai Voon Hon, certain commercial sub-sectors such as retail/shopping centres, hotels and shop houses in strategic locations, especially established residential and well-planned developments, have started to perform well in terms of take-up rates, occupancy and yield.

?On the other hand, speculative office premises and shop houses in secondary market and industrial property are still facing an overhang situation. The overhang issues are currently mostly confined to secondary locations.

?If the economy continues to grow beyond 5% and if the tourists and business arrivals continue to improve, I believe the demand for good quality commercial spaces in strategic locations will be stronger in the next two to three years.

Peter Chan
?Certain sub-sectors in secondary locations will continue to face glut in the next two years,? Lai told StarBiz.

Products that can move fast include retail development in favourite addresses with large catchment residential areas such as Mont'Kiara, Sri Hartamas and Damansara; shop offices/shop houses in town centres where there is pent-up demand; and high quality offices with more modern amenities or intelligent features in the KL city centre and Mont' Kiara vicinity.

MK Land Holdings Bhd's Damansara Perdana development on 598 acres, adjacent to Mutiara Damansara, is reaping the synergy of a bustling neighbourhood and the improved accessibility provided by the Sprint Expressway Penchala Link since it was opened in February. Undertaken by MK's subsidiary Saujana Triangle Sdn Bhd, most of the commercial developments in the township have been very well received.

Saujana Triangle chief operating officer Peter Chan said the latest launch involving the Metropolitan Square retail shops last December attracted a long queue of buyers. All the 35 units, with sizes of 220 sq ft to 2,869 sq ft and priced between RM850 to RM1,000 per sq ft (psf), were sold within the first few days.

?The capital appreciation of our commercial properties here has been quite strong since the first commercial precinct, Perdana Business Centre, was launched in 1996. Then, the 164 units of 3- and 5-storey shop offices fetched an average price of RM225 to RM250 psf. By the time Perdana The Place was launched in 2001, the price has appreciated to an average of RM520 to RM550 psf,? he added.

Chan said the strong interest was spurred by the thriving ongoing development in the whole area, which encompasses Mutiara Damansara and Bandar Utama, into the new retail, F&B and fashion hub of the Klang Valley.

Glomac Bhd executive vice-chairman Datuk Richard Fong said shop offices in selected locations offered the best potential and to take advantage of the positive market scenario.

The company will launch its latest commercial development, Glomac Square, next month. Located behind the Giant Hypermarket in Kelana Jaya, it comprises 75 units of 3-storey and 22 units of 2-storey shop offices and will be priced from RM1.1mil to RM1.4mil.

Sunway City Bhd managing director Datuk C.K. Wong said the company would be concentrating on the development of shop offices in the Dataran Sunway ? Sunway Damansara areas. Another 72 units priced from RM1.2mil will be available for launch next month.
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #40
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

From The Star
Serviced apartment boom in Klang Valley

MOTORISTS travelling along Jalan Tun Razak in Kuala Lumpur must have noticed two large banners with the words ?Golden Avenue Serviced Apartment? hanging on the uncompleted Tristar Service Apartment project.

The Tristar project, undertaken by Instangreen Corp Bhd, was about 30% completed (with more than 80% of its 700 units of apartments and offices sold) before it got into trouble. The uncompleted structure next to an LRT and monorail station had become an eyesore over the past few years.

The LBS Bina group, in reviving the project recently, became one of the latest reputable developers to jump on the serviced apartment bandwagon.

The freehold Golden Avenue comprises 739 units of serviced apartments in a pair of 20- and 23-storey blocks atop an 11-storey car park and a five-storey retail podium. The fully furnished units, with sizes ranging from 305 sq ft to 1,452 sq ft, are priced from RM153,000 to RM727,000. Purchasers get 5% guaranteed rental returns for the first two years and free five-day stay per year.

LBS Bina assistant general manager Christina Kaw said the Golden Avenue's units were priced around RM500 per sq ft (psf) compared with between RM400 psf and RM600 psf for some serviced apartments in the city.

She said Tristar had an office tower and a serviced apartment tower. ?However, we have converted both towers into serviced apartments as we feel that offices are difficult to sell. We are giving a wider range of layouts,? she said, adding that response had been encouraging since the soft launch about a month ago.

Another project that has been revived is the former CN Gallery, now renamed as NAS Pavilion, which was launched on Jan 9 this year. Strategically located next to the Berjaya Times Square and a stone's throw from a monorail station at Jalan Imbi, it will have 438 units of furnished serviced residences with prices ranging from RM198,800 to between RM568,680 and RM1.6mil for the nine penthouses. Sales have been quite good.

One can expect more of such projects to be revived. Everyone seems to be pretty gung-ho over the improved economy and many developers have been launching and reviving serviced apartment projects in the city and the outskirts. Certain stalled office and hotel buildings also have the potential of being turned into serviced apartments.

The current serviced apartment boom is reminiscent of a similar boom prior to the last recession that hit this country in the middle of 1997. Keen competition has forced developers to woo buyers with lots of goodies, including hefty discounts and themed concepts.

The Golden Avenue serviced apartments will be built on the abandoned Tristar project.
There seems to be some haste in launching these projects with the Housing and Local Government Ministry planning to legislate such developments, as they do not fall under the ambit of the Housing Development Act (HDA).

As if in anticipation of new laws that might affect their projects, some developers have included conditions in their sale & purchase agreement (SPA) to protect themselves. These include having the purchaser refunding to the developer any additional fees, expenses, charges or taxes as a result of the coming into force of any laws, by-laws, rules or regulations after the execution of the SPA.

Developers of serviced apartments feel that legislating serviced apartments would not prevent projects from being abandoned. ?You can have the Housing Development Act but all it takes is for an ingenious developer to mess things up. What is more important is to have a responsible developer,? said one developer.

Although there is no requirement for a HDA project account for serviced apartments, developers feel that buyers should not be unduly worried as lending banks imposed strict rules.

?The banks impose an escrow condition on the project's finances. They want to be a signatory to a project account to ensure that all income and expenses are properly verified. They also want to know the sales update.

?Banks are very careful on whom they lend to these days and they want to have a say,? said Masteron Sdn Bhd general manager Alex Tan.

Klang-based Titijaya Group has a project account for its e-Tiara serviced apartments in Subang Jaya and its SPA is very similar to the normal SPA. More than 90% of its 304 units had been sold since its launch in May.

So who else are into the serviced apartment business? Well, practically everyone from big names to unknowns.

The Choy Fook Onn & Sons Realty, through its unit Utararia Development Sdn Bhd, is creating a Japanese garden with a large Koi pond in its Koi Tropika serviced condominium in Puchong.

Its Phases 1 and 2 had been fully sold. There are two 10-storey and two 20-storey condominium blocks and two shop office blocks. The units are priced from RM115,920 with built-up areas of 846 sq ft to 1,188 sq ft. The phase 3 block launched in April was about 80% sold early this month.

Many buyers were attracted by the 10% rebate and free items, including a parking bay worth RM5,000, imported kitchen cabinet, lighting fittings and fixtures, two air conditioning units, iron grills at the entrance and dry yard, plaster cornices for living, dining and rooms, water heater, shower screens for bathrooms, ceramic tiles for dry yard, and ceiling fans for two bedrooms.

The Mayland Group has several serviced apartments in Kuala Lumpur. These include the Windsor and Waldorf Tower luxurious serviced apartments at Sri Hartamas that boasts a 60,000 sq ft Balinese-themed sky garden cum clubhouse, The Tower downtown serviced apartment opposite to Capital Square and the Park View serviced apartment opposite the KLCC.

The Heritage serviced residence (next to the Mines Resort City) in Seri Kembangan also drew a lot of interest. The studio unit is priced from RM159,990 where 90% of the first block was sold within three weeks of launch late last year.

There are several new serviced apartments in Petaling Jaya. They include the Millenium Place smart serviced apartment in Section 14, where the units are priced from RM179,800, Sunway City Group's high-end furnished serviced suites in Bandar Sunway and the 60-unit Perdana View boutique serviced residence in Damansara Perdana. They have been reported to be selling well.

Among the new ones in Kuala Lumpur are the 900-unit Berjaya Times Square Service Suites, UMLand Bhd's 247-unit Seri Bukit Ceylon serviced residence, Goldhill Group's 38 Bidara (from RM488,888) and its newly launched 176-unit Goldhill Gardens in Jalan Raja Chulan where a one-bedroom unit is priced from RM398,000. Units come with free items like car park bay, designer kitchen and wardrobe worth RM100,000. There is also the proposed 240-unit Casa Mutiara (from RM100,000), Sri Acappella near Giant Shah Alam, and the Amcorp Serviced Suites, off the Federal Highway.

The proposed RM3bil Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, a world-class integrated commercial development, will feature a luxurious serviced apartment apart from a six-star hotel, shopping and entertainment mall and a corporate office tower.

However, not everyone is turning their commercial land into serviced apartments. TTDI Harta Sdn Bhd recently launched two condominiums in Taman Tun Dr Ismail. The Residence condominium sits on residential land while The Plaza condominium is on commercial land. Both are priced at around RM260 psf and buyers get two free parking bays.