daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland

Queensland » Gold Coast | Regional Queensland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2018, 02:33 AM   #2841
Aussie Bhoy

Likes (Received): 7708

Yesterday

nathandavid88, finn, Eatyourmeats liked this post
Aussie Bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2018, 12:10 PM   #2842
TophR

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
It's been topped out for a while, the facade looks really good so I guess they're just focusing on interiors. I took this photo back in late November and the main change now from the outside is the exposed concrete has mostly been painted a charcoal colour, which works well:

Thanks finn

So looks like heading for a mid year opening?

verbatim9 liked this post
TophR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2018, 07:42 AM   #2843
jake34

Likes (Received): 313

Project timeline for 405 Montague Road from the CMP for stage 1.1 - Early Works. Pradella Development with supermarket, shops and two residential towers.

A004835043

Stage 1 – Centre Activities (Community Use, Food & Drink Outlet, Office and Shop) – 18 months commencing 2nd ¼ 2018 and completing 4th ¼ 2019:
• Stage 1.1 – Early Works – 3 months commencing 2nd ¼ 2018 and completing 3rd ¼ 2018 (relevant to this CMP)
• Stage 1.2 – Construction – Internal – 15 months commencing 3rd ¼ 2018 (continuing on from Early Works) and completing 4th ¼ 2019
• Stage 1.3 – Construction – External – 12 months commencing 1st ¼ 2019 and completing 4th ¼ 2019

Stage 2 – Multiple Dwelling (105 units) – 12 months commencing 1st ¼ 2019 > completing 4th ¼ 2019

Stage 3 ‐ Multiple Dwelling (91 units) – 12 months commencement and completion TBA
jake34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 07:32 AM   #2844
geeohgeegeeoh

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake34 View Post
Project timeline for 405 Montague Road from the CMP for stage 1.1 - Early Works. Pradella Development with supermarket, shops and two residential towers.

A004835043
age 3[/B] ‐ Multiple Dwelling (91 units) – 12 months commencement and completion TBA
Interesting. I've accused Pradella of land-banking, and this was one of the sites I felt they were doing it to. I assumed they'd build the three towers approved behind, and then do this one. Well: I was wrong.

It makes sense to do this one now, get amenity and value from the shopping precinct which will make selling future apartments easier, and then infill the three towers behind.

I notice they TBA on one of the two towers. Maybe this is a hedge-build: if they do the shops. get tenants == income and sell enough of the tower 1, they proceed to tower 2.

Coles is said to have taken the slot in West Village. Aldi are up the road. The design appeared to allocate a full-service supermarket to the shopping precinct floor space, which tends to Woolies or IGA. Given Woolies/Coles go head-to-head, I'm not sure what I think. Either would work I guess. (I am guessing that you can argue Woolies do better here, since people can't casually come to shop at them but wind up in Coles. Or, they do better across the road from Coles, which is how competition kinda works, and is what is happening at Coorparoo which has all three of Coles, Woolies and Aldi within spitting distance)
geeohgeegeeoh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 08:55 AM   #2845
freefalladdict

Likes (Received): 42

I thought Woolies were confirmed for West Village? Coles already have a store almost next door.
freefalladdict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 09:18 AM   #2846
geeohgeegeeoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefalladdict View Post
I thought Woolies were confirmed for West Village? Coles already have a store almost next door.
Yes.. I thought so too but I was told that in fact Coles are taking it. Vacating the current location and moving across the road. And, that the current location is expected to be repurposed for medical centre.

I don't know what to believe btw.
Old January 16th, 2018, 10:13 AM   #2847
geeohgeegeeoh

Quote:
The developer certainly thinks so too! This from September 2017

https://westvillage.com.au/events-an...lage-location/

Woolworths and West Village developer Sekisui House have entered a lease agreement that commits Woolworths to anchor the extensive retail offer at West Village with a next generation full-line store.
Old January 16th, 2018, 11:26 AM   #2848
verbatim9

Likes (Received): 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeohgeegeeoh View Post
Interesting. I've accused Pradella of land-banking, and this was one of the sites I felt they were doing it to. I assumed they'd build the three towers approved behind, and then do this one. Well: I was wrong.

It makes sense to do this one now, get amenity and value from the shopping precinct which will make selling future apartments easier, and then infill the three towers behind.

I notice they TBA on one of the two towers. Maybe this is a hedge-build: if they do the shops. get tenants == income and sell enough of the tower 1, they proceed to tower 2.

Coles is said to have taken the slot in West Village. Aldi are up the road. The design appeared to allocate a full-service supermarket to the shopping precinct floor space, which tends to Woolies or IGA. Given Woolies/Coles go head-to-head, I'm not sure what I think. Either would work I guess. (I am guessing that you can argue Woolies do better here, since people can't casually come to shop at them but wind up in Coles. Or, they do better across the road from Coles, which is how competition kinda works, and is what is happening at Coorparoo which has all three of Coles, Woolies and Aldi within spitting distance)
Quote:
Definitely still Woolies. As I understand Coles is remaining in the same spot and expanding. BWS will most likely move to the new Woolworths site to allow Liquorland to locate next to Coles.
verbatim9 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 12:09 PM   #2849
Superhands

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbatim9 View Post
Definitely still Woolies. As I understand Coles is remaining in the same spot and expanding. BWS will most likely move to the new Woolworths site to allow Liquorland to locate next to Coles.
How extensive will the Coles expansion be? The whole interior of the market building needs to be bulldozed and started afresh. It will need a serious overhaul if they want to be competitive with the new woolies.
Superhands no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 11:39 PM   #2850
nathandavid88

Likes (Received): 9460

As the building is heritage listed, I suspect they won't be able to do anything that severe.
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2018, 11:40 PM   #2851
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3466

Are the inside walls heritage listed?
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:37 AM   #2852
Superhands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathandavid88 View Post
As the building is heritage listed, I suspect they won't be able to do anything that severe.
The exterior building is great, the interior is a collection of discount stores in a very under-loved and outdated decor. Apart from the structure itself I can't see anything inside that would be heritage listed.
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:41 AM   #2853
nathandavid88

Likes (Received): 9460

The interior frame and roof form of the front half of the building is original, so I would imagine they would be covered in the listing and couldn't be altered. The rear of the complex I believe is recent and could be altered, but it buts up hard against character houses fronting the street behind, and doesn't really have anywhere to expand.
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:50 AM   #2854
Superhands

Expand within then center itself and or do a refurbishment. Quite a few of the shops are already vacant. Anyhow, all I mean is that in its current state, it would be hard to compete with a brand new full line woolworths.
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:57 AM   #2855
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 3466

I assumed you meant that.

I would imagine the supermarket could expand into the BWS space and the other speciality stores there and the liquor store could go where the other stores are.
“When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter. Now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality.”
KJBrissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote