daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Today, 03:47 AM   #13521
Tyson

Likes (Received): 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by soorox View Post
So essentially SQ increases SQ247/248 from x3 weekly to x4 weekly, with a new tag to WLG. I can see this service increasing to daily if its successful. SQ248 will essentially leave 1 hour after SQ228 on the way back to SIN.
Additional weekly frequency though depending on the configuration the 772 has less seats than the 333 I think? No idea on the WLG market but perhaps cargo is also a factor in this change.

Sponsored Links
Old Today, 09:28 AM   #13522
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Likes (Received): 1140

Yes, thats true, Economy is also abit of a downgrade too. Luckily MEL pax have 4 other flights to choose from.

Taxiway at the end of Pier F is pernamently closed, work currently underway to construct 4 new parking bays for 2 A330 and 2 A320 parking spots.

Virgin Atlantic to code-share on VA's MEL-HKG and MEL-LAX services:

http://australianaviation.com.au/201...eles-services/

Interesting read of CAPA regarding the MEL-DPS market, where they think it is relatively underserved. There are talks resurfacing about QF re-entering the market, whilst an announcement from OD is imminent as they are currently getting the rights and slots for their new MEL-DPS-KUL service.

Quote:
Malindo has not yet set a launch date for Melbourne-Bali. Malindo has already secured the traffic rights for Kuala Lumpur-Bali-Melbourne from Malaysian authorities, and tells CAPA that it will announce a launch date and start sales once all other approvals and slots are secured.

Malindo says it plans to schedule its Melbourne-Bali flight to connect with domestic flights from Bali operated by its Indonesian sister airlines Lion Air and Wings Air. Combined, Lion and Wings operate approximately 20 domestic routes from Bali, most of which will connect to the new Malindo flight from Melbourne.

Read More: https://centreforaviation.com/insigh...flights-394722
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #13523
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 437

Quote:
Very unexpected !

So essentially SQ increases SQ247/248 from x3 weekly to x4 weekly, with a new tag to WLG. I can see this service increasing to daily if its successful. SQ248 will essentially leave 1 hour after SQ228 on the way back to SIN.

Finally a 'proper' Business Class seat to WLG!

These flights operated as "Charters" where agents would book block seats, same thing happened to OOL-WUH so I'm not surprised. This would give JQ a chance to open a new route though!
I’m surprised JQ bothered with the route though, especially as they encountered previous issues into China. It didn’t exactly look to be the most promising opportunity but you can only hope they did fairly well from the deal.

Seems that JQ are really having to play around with their schedule to fit in things like the double daily MEL-DPS, so it’s hard to see what they will do next. Still hoping for MEL-KIX or MEL-ICN at some point.

Quote:
Yes, thats true, Economy is also abit of a downgrade too. Luckily MEL pax have 4 other flights to choose from.

Taxiway at the end of Pier F is pernamently closed, work currently underway to construct 4 new parking bays for 2 A330 and 2 A320 parking spots.

Virgin Atlantic to code-share on VA's MEL-HKG and MEL-LAX services:

http://australianaviation.com.au/201...eles-services/

Interesting read of CAPA regarding the MEL-DPS market, where they think it is relatively underserved. There are talks resurfacing about QF re-entering the market, whilst an announcement from OD is imminent as they are currently getting the rights and slots for their new MEL-DPS-KUL service.
Good that they are adding new stand off positions. It will be good for all those bus operations the airport loves these days

As for MEL-DPS, I do feel that there is room to grow again, but at the same time broadening out the destination choices available at some point would be nice to see.

The scale of DPS ops into Australia is certainly significant, but even though JQ tried Perth-Lombok and it did not last, it will be interesting to see them try such routes again, especially with the NEO’s when they arrive.

Tags
mandurahboyz