daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Old May 20th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #1
Hafez_Paris

Likes (Received): 0

Best place to live in Kuala Lampur ?

Hi Everyone
please could you tell me which best place in KL to settle and the prices of renting an apartement there let say 2b one
Thanks
Hafez_Paris no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 21st, 2006, 02:43 AM   #2
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 6

Hello. I suggest you find a place to settle in Wangsa Maju. This place is green, considerably clean, have 2 shopping complexes and has a Putra LRT station. There are also many choices of homes there like flats, apartments, condos, semi detach and terrace houses. Wangsa Maju has everything to function as a city on its own.

The rent in Wangsa Maju is still reasonably cheap especially the apartments and condos, usually not more than RM2000. I suggest u look up to the Sri Kenangan Condo, section 5 where my family lives, not a posh place but the architecture and the landscape of the grounds are beautiful.
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:23 AM   #3
alienwong

now wangsa maju is lot of crimes alr, i don think wangsa maju is a safe place. when i read newspaper, i can read the somebody had been robbed in wangsa maju, be careful a bit when stay in wangsa maju.......
alienwong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 10:00 AM   #4
forrestcat

No. it is not true. Wangsa Maju is definitely safe. The reported crimes in the areas are once in a blue moon.

Wangsa Maju has a major police station.The development company, PGK who developed much of Wangsa Maju even have security guards patroling the their development area.Many people in WM even jog early in the morning and even late at night like what my brother and his friends do, so this shows that we feel very secure in Wangsa Maju.

Wangsa Maju is very green, there are many shady trees and there's a hill with a trail leading to a water tank, many Wangsa Maju residents jog along this trail and you can seen the beautiful surrounding area of Setapak. Wangsa Maju is also well connected with walking paths covered by shady trees, which many people use as jogging trails. And believe it or not, the air in Wangsa Maju is cool and fresh, coz it's near a hilly region surrounded by mountains.

Wangsa Maju has a lively night life, mamak and nasi kandar restaurants are abundant and there are many stalls at Section 5 serving great food and serve late into the night. Soon, Victoria Station will also open a premise in Wangsa Maju. Soon, WM will be like another Bangsar, but more organized and livelier.
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:14 AM   #5
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Likes (Received): 2

I would suggest Damansara Perdana/ Mutiara Damansara in PJ
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:46 PM   #6
Hafez_Paris

Thanks Guys
is Damansara Perdana nice place ? what is the best way to look for an apartement there? any website or newspapers?

i would love quiet place close to any train or metro station as i dont have any car only my legs
Hafez_Paris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:58 PM   #7
White_soX

iproperty.com.my
White_soX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:37 PM   #8
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafez_Paris
Thanks Guys
is Damansara Perdana nice place ? what is the best way to look for an apartement there? any website or newspapers?

i would love quiet place close to any train or metro station as i dont have any car only my legs
I think you have to determine where about are you going to work in KL first before deciding where to live. Perhaps it is also good that you have worked out a budget, and the type of apartment (eg. no. of rooms) you are looking at.
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:39 PM   #9
jlshyang

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastresorter
i second that.
jlshyang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:45 AM   #10
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 905

Quote:

That place is not good if you have no private transport. There are no train station there and the bus service is questionable. It seems nice with all the latest trendy apartments there but the place is still lacking in terms of stores and shops that we usually find in a more mature neighbourhood.

Also that the traffic condition in that area is not my cup of tea.

Oh and all the above goes the same to USJ as well except for the lack of stores and shops
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:46 AM   #11
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
I think you have to determine where about are you going to work in KL first before deciding where to live. Perhaps it is also good that you have worked out a budget, and the type of apartment (eg. no. of rooms) you are looking at.

Totally agree
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:49 AM   #12
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienwong
now wangsa maju is lot of crimes alr, i don think wangsa maju is a safe place. when i read newspaper, i can read the somebody had been robbed in wangsa maju, be careful a bit when stay in wangsa maju.......

You're just generalising. Wangsa Maju had one of the busiest concentration of eateries in KL. Just look at BRJ and its vicinity and you'll know. If this place is so crime-ridden then there wouldn't be so many people there right?

This suburb are also served by the eastern section of Putraline (a metro rail service).
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:02 AM   #13
alienwong

but few days ago, i read one news, there is a rob in taman desa setapak. Is this is one of the area in wangsa maju? and the news reported that taman desa setapak become robber heaven alr..........

BRJ so many people, i think just terrorist can rob those people only, usual robber cant afford to rob so much people.........
alienwong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:06 AM   #14
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Terrorist dun rob people. They kill.

I dun think news would talk bad about a place. Should there be a crime haven, it would've been Bangsar. But you see....no one would say anything bad about Bangsar. However the numbers are negligible so other suburbs are quite safe. Even Bangsar is safe
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:30 AM   #15
forrestcat

To narrow thinks down, I was generally referring to Sec.2, Sec.4, Sec.5, Sec.6 of Wangsa Maju. These parts of Wangsa Maju is more refined and developed than the ones in Desa Setapak, which is near Wangsa Maju. I have lived in Wangsa Maju for 6 years now and I have not been intimidated once, I even went to tuition in Sec. 5 and walk back alone to Sec. 6 at 10 pm 2 days a week, and I have never been robbed or anything but it's best to keep ur vigil...like walking in groups or with a friend.

Since, Hafez wants a place near a train/MRT station, Wangsa Maju is the right place. It has an LRT station and the feeder bus in the area which is reliable plus Rapid KL has a bus to the city which stops at Carrefour. I suggest u stay at Sec.5 and Sec. 6 coz u can always walk to Carrefour or take a bus to the LRT statio or the Jaya Jusco shopping centre. Walking to the LRT station is also not a big problem, only 20 mintes walk from Sec. 5 and Sec. 6, if u want to endure the Malaysian sun . There are plenty of taxis at Carrefour too.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:36 AM   #16
forrestcat

Setapak is not part of Wangsa Maju. Actually Wangsa Maju is part of Setapak.

Desa Setapak is generally not part of Wangsa Maju, it's quite far from sec.2,sec.4,sec.5,sec.6 of Wangsa Maju.About 10 minutes drive.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:03 PM   #17
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

I just thought of a place, which is often neglected in discussion - TTDI (Taman Tun Dr Ismail).

Hafez-Pariz you might want to put TTDI on the top of your list. This is a very quiet place with beautiful treelines, near to world-class shopping malls (1 Utama is within walking distance, slightly further away are the Curve, Ikea, etc). No worries on public transport as it has lotsa bus stops. It is close to eating places such as Damansara Utama, Damansara Jaya, even to Damansara Perdana, all within walking distance. TTDI town centre is also a food paradise by itself. TTDI also has a big market. If you dont mind to do abit more walking, you can actually go to SS2, which is PJ's ultimate food paradise. TTDI also has many many parks, the biggest being TTDI Park which is a forest reserve. Crime rate in TTDI is reputably one of the lowest in KL and even in Klang Valley. Having said that, it is indeed an affluent neighbourhood.

Last edited by Lastresorter; May 22nd, 2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:21 PM   #18
The Usual Suspect

Likes (Received): 1

To me - Mutiara Damansara/Riana Green/Tropicana areas - fast growing areas where you can get almost anything you can find downtown.
Also, Bangsar & Damansara Heights - so close to the city yet so green. Perfect!
The Usual Suspect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:25 PM   #19
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
I just thought of a place, which is often neglected in discussion - TTDI (Taman Tun Dr Ismail).

Hafez-Pariz you might want to put TTDI on the top of your list. This is a very quiet place with beautiful treelines, near to world-class shopping malls (1 Utama is within walking distance, slightly further away are the Curve, Ikea, etc). No worries on public transport as it has lotsa bus stops. It is close to eating places such as Damansara Utama, Damansara Jaya, even to Damansara Perdana, all within walking distance. TTDI town centre is also a food paradise by itself. TTDI also has a big market. If you dont mind to do abit more walking, you can actually go to SS2, which is PJ's ultimate food paradise. TTDI also has many many parks, the biggest being TTDI Park which is a forest reserve. Crime rate in TTDI is reputably one of the lowest in KL and even in Klang Valley. Having said that, it is indeed an affluent neighbourhood.

TTDI is a nice place to live indeed In fact my parents bought a house there but later they sold it

ANyway TTDI doesn't meet his requirement of a convenient place for public transportation. A private car is essential to living at TTDI
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:07 PM   #20
forrestcat

Wangsa Maju is also near the Zoo Negara . If you wanna go to a park, u can ride the LRT or a taxi from Wangsa Maju to the park at Jelatek, but you can also walk or jog to the park coz it's relatively near, 3-4 km max from sec.5 and sec.6 Wangsa Maju. You can have a nice view of the KL skyline from that park.