daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Photography, Heritage and Architecture

Photography, Heritage and Architecture Participate in the FPC, the weekly Filipino Photo Contest

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 13th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Acer_Cyle
El Latino Zamboangueño

Likes (Received): 1

Patrimonios del Latina Ciudad de Zamboanga - Categoria Uno

[CENTER]
¡BIENVENIDOS A LA HILO LATINO!

HIMNO DEL REPUBLICA DE ZAMBOANGA

I:
Zamboanga hermosa, preciosa, perlita
orgullo de Mindanao
tus bellas dalagas
son las que hermosean
tu deliciosa ciudad.

II:
Flores y amores
que adornan su jardin
eres la imagen
de bello eden...

III:
Zamboanga hermosa, preciosa, perlita
orgullo de Mindanao
tus bellas dalagas
son las que hermosean
tu deliciosa ciudad.

and the Philippine National Hymn in Zamboangueño Chavacano Version...

“PATRIA DE AMORES”
(Himno Nacional)
Version Zamboangueño Chavacano

I.
Tierra adorada
Hija del sol de oriente
Pervor el Corazon
Vive na tuyo pecho

II.
Patria de amores
Cuna del heroismo
Nunca hay rendi tu
Na mana invasores

III.
Na tu mar y mana montes,
Y aire, y azul cielo,
Tiene esplende el poema y cancion
Del amada libertad

IV.
Victoria arde el chispa
De tu bandera
Nunca mira apagados
Sus estrellas y su sol.

V.
Tierra de glorias, del sol y amores,
Vida es dulce na tus abrazos,
Un honor se para con nosotros
Cuando tiene opresor, mori por tu.

Compoblanos Zamboangueños, hace kita este como un obra donde que hay puede usa el de aton mana generaciones y/o el de aton mana academia o mana chavacanista para de ellos referencias.
(Fellow Zamboangueños, let's make this like a literary piece of art wherein our generation and/or the academians or the chavacanista(Zamboangueño Linguist) can use it for their references.)

Bueno, hay empeza kita na de aton "Himno de la Latina Ciudad de Zamboanga, Su Artes y arquitectura, Poema y Literatura."

Mi Hogar, Tu Hogar
Mi Nacimiento, Tu Nacimiento
Mi Ciudad, Tu Ciudad
Ciudad de Zamboanga --- La Ciudad Latina de Asia y La Ciudad de Las Flores con su Idioma Natal, el Zamboangueño Chavacano.
Vamos!

"Los Filipinos son Hispanos y Latinos"

(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zamboa...15948905085917)
(http://cbk-zam.wikipedia.org/wiki/) (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Arondayot/)

Last edited by Acer_Cyle; January 12th, 2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: this is not a heritage thread. i'll be creating another thread for that and entitled "Zamboangueño Latino: Musica, Literatura, Famoso Literatura y Canciones, y Bailes"
Acer_Cyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #2
nilo=
Listen!!!

Muy Bien!!! Now I think I need to review and polish my chavacano.
nilo= no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #3
allenation
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilo= View Post
Muy Bien!!! Now I think I need to review and polish my chavacano.
whew..this is hard. phew! kamo lang man magkasinabot ana oi
pero i think this one's neccessary para wala na pud forumer from cebu moingon nga hapit nani mamatay nga lengguwahe..luoy nga luod jud kaayo sya. tsk tsk..

BUENAS NOCHES ZAMBOANGA!!!
allenation no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #4
davaob4now
life down under

Likes (Received): 123

this thread is long overdue...dapat sa una pani...

keep it coming zmaboanga...
im sure daghan pud mo ug mga old nice buildings diha, mag kabilin sa mga spanish...pls post it here...
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #5
Acer_Cyle
El Latino Zamboangueño

Borrado

(http://cbk-zam.wikipedia.org/wiki/) (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Arondayot/)

Last edited by Acer_Cyle; January 5th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #6
Acer_Cyle
El Latino Zamboangueño

Borrado

Last edited by Acer_Cyle; January 5th, 2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #7
Acer_Cyle
El Latino Zamboangueño

Borrado

Last edited by Acer_Cyle; January 5th, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:42 PM   #8
overtureph

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://pinoyshooter.org/bogs/
overtureph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #9
overtureph

For those who feel the need or who would want to write the Vatican regarding (ugly and unnecessary) renovations and alterations of heritage Roman Catholic churches the contact information is:

H.E. Msgr. Gianfranco Ravasi
President of the Pontifical Commission for the Cultural Heritage of the Church
Via della Conciliazione 5-7, Rome, Italy 00193
Fax no. +39 0669884621

E-mail pcbcc@pcchc.va

-------------------------------------------------

http://pinoyshooter.org/bogs/
overtureph no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #10
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

Likes (Received): 962

Councilor GERKY VALESCO authored a Council Resolution calling for the city councilors to also deliberate in Chabacano language. Valesco said, it is inherent upon those who are tasked to serve the city and the people to also honor the mother tongue --Chabacano

Viva Zamboanga! Viva Chabacano!!!
I really feel that Zamboanga deserves a lot more of investments. Marami sa mga taga Manila ang hindi nakakakita, hindi nakaka-intindi at hindi na-appreciate ang ekomoniya ng Zamboanga. For investors to skip Zamboanga is their loss. Their loss is my son’s gain
~ Manny Villar, Business Tycoon source

Come INVEST in Zamboanga City, "Asia's Latin City"!. The Future of your business is here.
chuck23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #11
Expelliarmus

much of zamboanga's "structural heritage" was destroyed during the war. i just wish that those structures were rebuilt and maintained, especially the ones near the city hall, madrid street, plaza pershing, that part there. ya queda era mas bueno el zamboanga in terms of tourism ara. it's just so sad that our generation of zamboanguenos or filipinos today can't enjoy what our forefathers had before. whooh
Expelliarmus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #12
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

meron pang ibang old structures na nakatayo. But mostly parts ya lang del edificio ya queda
I really feel that Zamboanga deserves a lot more of investments. Marami sa mga taga Manila ang hindi nakakakita, hindi nakaka-intindi at hindi na-appreciate ang ekomoniya ng Zamboanga. For investors to skip Zamboanga is their loss. Their loss is my son’s gain

Come INVEST in Zamboanga City, "Asia's Latin City"!. The Future of your business is here.
Old June 7th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #13
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

City launches Chabacano workbook
Tuesday, 07 June 2011 14:46

After months of research and preparations, the city-funded chabacano book promoting the use of the language in schools will be formally launched tonight.

El Primer Alfabeto Chabacano is written by Dr. Roberto Torres of Western Mindanao State University and a project of the city government in collaboration with the Department of Education.

It supports the advocacy of using local languages as a medium of instruction for young learners. The book will be distributed for use starting this school year in pilot schools.

At the launch, Mayor Celso Lobregat will welcome dignitaries and other guests and Dr. Torres will deliver his message.
The project earned the praise of DepEd officials. In fact, in his recent visit to the city, DepEd Assistant Secretary for Planning and Development Jesus Lorenzo Mateo, lauded the city’s efforts to encourage the use of MTBMLE in the schools.

“This will be a model and encourage other local government units (LGUs) to develop some materials in the context of their locality,” Mateo said.
The department had been endorsing MTBMLE in public schools as a means of improving the quality of learners in the country.

Aside from being a means to improving the quality of instruction in public education, El Primer Alfabeto Chabacano also promotes the local language and cultural heritage. — Claudine Uniana/City Hall PIO

Old June 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #14
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

Report on Chavacano

(aired 2004 in Spain)

Old June 9th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #15
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

from the author itself, Senyor Roberto Buenviaje Torres

Old June 10th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #16
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

related news

-------------------

Celso mulls sequel to Chabacano workbook
Thursday, 09 June 2011 14:22

The city government Tuesday night formally launched the chabacano workbook “El Primer Alfabeto Chabacano” in line with its commitment to education and language preservation.
But even as it is being launched, Mayor Celso Lobregat declared during the program the city’s intention to produce a sequel to the book that will serve as a supplementary reading material for pre-schoolers and students in the lower primary years.

Authored by Prof. Bert Torres, “El Primer Alfabeto Chabacano” will be teaching children the alphabet in the local language with attractive pictures and illustrations.
Mayor Lobregat stressed that the project is in support of the Department of Education’s policy on Mother Tongue-based Multi-Lingual Education (MTBMLE) that aims to teach learners how to read and write in the first language—which in the city’s case—is chabacano.

“During the lower primary years, more focus is placed on character recognition, reading and writing in a bid to enhance literacy. The production of this book is definitely geared towards this goal. Aside from being a means to improving the quality of instruction in public education, El Primer Alfabeto Chabacano also promotes the local language and cultural heritage,” the mayor said in his message.

He said that “El Primer Alfabeto Chabacano” is “yet another step forward in our efforts to support the education sector and to encourage the use and appreciation of the chabacano language”.

The mayor lauded and thanked Prof. Torres for his dedication in completing the book. He likewise expressed appreciation to the committee that helped in the finalization of the book stressing that it was shared vision on the preservation of the chabacano language that prompted the members to ensure that the book is published and used by the students.

Meanwhile, Prof. Torres thanked the people who assisted in the finalization of the book as well as those who attended the book launching saying their presence was a manifestation of their love for the chabacano language. He likewise expressed gratitude to Mayor Lobregat, who he said, is the brain behind the project.
He said the chabacano language should be preserved and propagated so that it will remain to be one of the acceptable languages worldwide.

Hordes of people representing the different sectors supporting the chabacano language preservation advocacy turned up at the ballroom of the Garden Orchid Hotel to witness the book launching paving the way for its use in day care centers and public elementary schools starting this school year.

Among those present during the program were Archbishop Romulo Valles, Councilors Myra Paz Abubakar, Joana Mas, Abdurahman Nuno, VP Elago, Percival Ramos, Rey Candido and Rudy Lim, Dr. Hermenegildo Malcampo, City Schools Supt. Dr. Dolores Alcantara, ZSCMST President Dr. Milavel Nazario, DILG Asst. Regional Director Sonny Cuevas, Fr. Max Rodriguez, Fr. Taib, city department heads, school heads and principals, Red Cross Administrator Vic Liozo, family and friends of Pro. Torres and other guests. — Sheila Covarrubias

Old June 10th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #17
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

Guingona backs ordinance on Chabacano
Thursday, 09 June 2011 14:23

Councilor Benjamin “Nonong” Guingona has thrown his support to a proposed ordinance authored by Councilor VP Elago declaring every June 23 of each year as the “ Dia de Fundacion de Chavacano”.

Ordinance No. 2011-21 that provides for allocation of funds for the commemoration of the proposed “Dia de Fundacion de Chabacano” was tackled yesterday in its second reading.

The proposed ordinance, co-authored by Councilor Rudy Lim states that “Chabacano dialect dates back to June 23, 1635 when the cornerstone of Fort Pilar originally known as Fuerza de San Jose was first laid. The selection of this significant day is based on historical facts that Chabacano, a Spanish derivative was born when construction workers from Cavite, Cebu, Iloilo where brought in to build the fort along with the Subanons, Lutaos and Sama natives who could not understand each other including their Spanish employers resulting to an evolution of a new Spanish-based dialect as means for communication which later on would be called Chabacano and spoken be over a million people all throughout the Philippines. Chabacano of Zamboanga is the most unique language in the Philippines with over 700,000 people in the Zamboanga peninsula using it as their main mode of communication.

Whereas, the City Government of Zamboanga is exerting effort in the preservation and promotion of the usage of Chabacano as well as culture and heritage by all its residents including new settlers in the city, it is but important to declare the “Dia de Fundacion de Chabacano, Elago said.
Guingona said he is supporting the proposed ordinance because it is very important in the history of Zamboanga City.

“History should be nourished and preserved so that people in the future generation will know what is the beginning of the city and the people who laid its foundation,” Guingona said. — Allen Abastillas

Old June 20th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #18
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

Periodicos de Antes
na Zamboanga

Old June 27th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #19
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

Old November 3rd, 2011, 04:54 AM   #20
chuck23
Latino Zamboangueño

Zamboanga Heritage Watch

ZAMBOANGA

the former CAPITAL of Mindanao (1903-1913)

Jorge Seneca Duquillo

now Zamboanga is known as "ASIA'S LATIN CITY"