daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine
Old September 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #1
Denhaag-Bogor

Likes (Received): 0

Malang city - East Java

I heard that malang very nice & trendy city. I read also by Indonesian Peak magazine except very nice climates also Malang so many coloniale building.
Please...put pictures about Malang......

terimaksih
Denhaag-Bogor no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old October 1st, 2006, 07:41 AM   #2
glitz_boy

Likes (Received): 2

yap ... Malang's weather is nice .. it's old colonial building is similar with those in Surabaya architecturally which came from Dutch era. spent 3 years of my life stayed there and my school back then was an old building as well (St. Albert Senior High)
glitz_boy no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2006, 12:30 PM   #3
OPTX

Likes (Received): 215

Malang Pictures

OPTX no está en línea  
Old October 1st, 2006, 08:03 PM   #4
Denhaag-Bogor

Wow..absuletely..very nice small city. The city is green also not dirty as ussual Indonesia city generally...

I am thinking to buy small house there in the future, I prefer coloniale house if possible...
My budget around 30.000€ is possible ? around batu arean...
Old October 1st, 2006, 08:03 PM   #5
Denhaag-Bogor

Wow..absuletely..very nice small city. The city is green also not dirty as ussual Indonesia city generally...

I am thinking to buy small house there in the future, I prefer coloniale house if possible...
Old October 2nd, 2006, 03:53 AM   #6
macgyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denhaag-Bogor View Post

You mean batu raden right ?
your budget is more than enough ...
macgyver no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2006, 04:07 AM   #7
Zorobabel
Awesomeness

Batu is absolutely beautiful. If I ever get rich I'm definitely going to buy a second house there.

Last edited by Zorobabel; October 3rd, 2006 at 04:42 AM.
Zorobabel no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:46 AM   #8
pencakar langit

Likes (Received): 1

Wait, where is the "delete this post" button? Sorry for the double post

Last edited by pencakar langit; October 2nd, 2006 at 10:51 AM. Reason: double post
pencakar langit no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM   #9
pencakar langit

Likes (Received): 1

No. I think he is talking about the town of Batu, its like Tangerang to Jakarta I think, very very close. Most people consider it part of Malang. I was there once. A dear nice place, indeed.
pencakar langit no está en línea  
Old October 2nd, 2006, 10:48 AM   #10
Denhaag-Bogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
You mean batu raden right ?
your budget is more than enough ...

Nope..I means Batu in Malang not batu raden...
Maybe someone knows how can I surf via internet site about house in Malang ?
Mostly..I got alway big city as JKT, Surabaya..ect. I need specially about Malang.

Thanks..
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:12 PM   #11
macgyver

Quote:
Nope..I means Batu in Malang not batu raden...
Maybe someone knows how can I surf via internet site about house in Malang ?
Mostly..I got alway big city as JKT, Surabaya..ect. I need specially about Malang.

Thanks..
Iya .. kayaknya setelah aku baca ulang, maksud dia .... daerah Mbatu Malang
mirip kayak daerah ...puncak

hi hi hi sorry salah ...
Old October 2nd, 2006, 04:10 PM   #12
Denhaag-Bogor

Yes...batu in Malang of course . Puncak is nice but garbages & trash everywhere...really pity. As long as way to Bandung..garbages.. . Puncak also paradise for Arab peoples to married contract, isn't ????

Anyaway back to Malang, please...let me how I can surf house in malang via internet site ????
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:42 AM   #13
Zorobabel
Awesomeness

I don't know about that. Check out www.flickr.com for more pics of Malang. They have pics of Batu as well. I meant the town of Batu as well in my original post. It's a very nice area; they grow apples and strawberries there. You can get a nice drink called "Apel Batu" in Malang. I hope Malang will develop more.
Zorobabel no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:39 AM   #14
macgyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorobabel View Post
I don't know about that. Check out www.flickr.com for more pics of Malang. They have pics of Batu as well. I meant the town of Batu as well in my original post. It's a very nice area; they grow apples and strawberries there. You can get a nice drink called "Apel Batu" in Malang. I hope Malang will develop more.
The unique about Apple Malang is Asem, Manis Kecut ..
[ sweet, sour and SOUR ? ]

I just realize that Western only have SOUR ... while we have Kecut and Asam
Old October 3rd, 2006, 10:06 AM   #15
Denhaag-Bogor

Thanks..for nice foto's...
Please..give info about rumah in Malang....
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #16
akhii

Likes (Received): 3

i have many pics of malang. but, i don't know to load it.
anyone to help me?
akhii no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #17
materialistus

Quote:

hi there,

yes, i was there and thinking of doing same. with exactly the same budget. i kept telling every indonesian i know that this small town is quite different than most messy indonesian towns. well, of course there are nicer towns like blitar and pacitan. but then they're too remote and unaccessible. while malang has its own airport with direct flights from/to jakarta (last year).

i've been looking around the area surrounding idjen straat, but most of the houses worth Eu 200K and above. and to buy a dilapitated colonial house will cost more for restoration etc.

so i was thinking to just buy a site with view and build from scratch with an original colonial house masterplan (it'll be exactly the same as my oma's house in wilhelmina straat in surabaia behind -now- westin hotel before it got buldozed by the current owner). but just a reminder if you're an EU national i think they have a complete different set of law regarding property/land ownership. if you're holder of indonesian passport, then good for you.

cheers,

ps : oh, and don't forget to be 'green'. ie, energy sources off the grid/solar panel/etc
materialistus no está en línea  
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #18
Denhaag-Bogor

Thank for the info
I change my mind to buy house in Malng to expensive . Finally I am looking for land in Puncak ( investment ) & lombok. In lombok later on I will build my own style house maybe more..and more cheaper than Belanda house.

I am EU pasport pity cause in Indonesia very difficult to have own house for foreigners. Is it true that Indonesia govt will change this statue that foreigner can also buy own house without sponsor from Indonesian nationality ?
I think this very good for Indonesia economic....

Anyaway, I am looking land around 500-1000 meter. In lombok is possible close to beach. Of course not too expensive around 40.000 till 100.000 rupi/per meter....
Anyone help me
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #19
Blue_Sky

Likes (Received): 425

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhii View Post
i have many pics of malang. but, i don't know to load it.
anyone to help me?
You can use either imageshack.us or photobucket.com
The rest is just upload the picture from your computer just like when you upload pictures in friendster.com etc
Blue_Sky no está en línea  
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #20
materialistus

Ben jij nederlander?

The properties worth Eu 200K and above are concentrated around idjen boulevard. If you look around something in the outskirt with a view could be a lot cheaper. Probably 30k will be more than enough.

Not sure if you could get anything for rp 40k to 100k/ mt sq in puntjak or Lombok. Especially puntjak is very expensive. Check out some websites (maybe Indonesian expat forum?) of estate agents and local newspaper for ‘tanah di djual’. But I doubt you could get good site with view for under rp 100k/ mt sq. remember you’ll have to think about access to clean/ground water and roads as well. You’ll figure them out.

If you do have family or blood related to anyone in Indonesia, you might be able to get an ID card (KTP?) though I’m not sure if this is legal (anyone can help me on this??). but I doubt the law will be changed any time soon. It happened to thailand few years ago and their property is booming. but since the coup they put a cap on the value of properties/businesses can be owned by farangs. Probably the indo govt will do it when the local property market overheats. Just wait for few years.

Anyway, I’m thinking of doing a cabin in a village in bali in addition of het malang huis. It’ll be cheaper and the experience to live with local Balinese will be invaluable. Plus, it wouldn’t be too far if I miss eating out in international standard restaurants. And if I’m not there, I just rent it out to seasonal tourists via agencies. But I’d still rather spend most of my time in malang. In a village near the airport with friendly people and surrounded by traditional houses. Good lifestyle as well.
materialistus no está en línea  
Closed Thread

Tags
east java, malang