search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > British Columbia

British Columbia Includes Vancouver

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 19th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #41
KalifeseIsATroll
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Thanks for sharing! I am really excited to see come alive.
KalifeseIsATroll no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #42
KalifeseIsATroll
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

every single building is magnificently designed, really unlike in Taipei where there is absolutely no urban planning at all
KalifeseIsATroll no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:08 AM   #43
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Likes (Received): 567

Looking west toward the Current Park Place and the soon to be Park Avenue.
My own photo as well.

Rhino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:18 AM   #44
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

4 Floors and 56 Units. Sales center is open and Construction about to start in November with a completion in Fall of 2014

my own sun drenched poor photo.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:40 AM   #45
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Life Skills Academy

The Architectural Firm is FRANCL , ( who is quite well resected ) but I am unable to find any renders. I've driven past a few times, or I would have no idea this even exists. I imagine its going to be a goo place and will offer those in need a hopeful solid future.

sorry for the poor quality gang, I was in a truck.
Old November 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #46
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

NEW CITY HALL

Yellow Fever, The_Dude liked this post

Last edited by Rhino; April 29th, 2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old March 11th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #47
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

I cannot believe it has been this long since I added something here. Im very angry with myself now.

moving on through, New crane up at the Surrey Hospital. Anyone know what it is for?

Old March 19th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #48
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Semiahmoo Towers & Performing Arts Centre

152nd Street & 19th Avenue
Located at the southeast corner of 152 Street and 19 Avenue in South Surrey, this proposed project includes two residential towers of 25 and 20 stores, a Performing Arts Center, a Contemporary Arts Café and Gallery, and a podium base of retail and office space that link the theater and café gallery along 152 Street. The Performing Arts Center fronting onto 19 Avenue is planned to include a 350-seat proscenium theater, rehearsal hall, dressing rooms, offices, and support spaces totaling 22,000 square feet. The Contemporary Arts Café and Gallery is planned to include a café on 152 Street connected to a series of gallery and exhibit spaces totaling 6,900 square feet.

As of March 17th 2014, The Surrey Board of Trade has thrown its support behind the two-high rise residential development proposed for South Surrey that includes significant arts amenities – among them a 350-seat theater and a contemporary arts café/gallery.

The development, planned for 152 Street at 19 Avenue by co-developers the Surrey City Development Corporation and the Reifel Cooke Group, has met some opposition based on height – the equivalent of 27 stores in most recently published plans.

CEO Anita Huberman said in a SBOT news release that “artists and cultural spaces are powerful agents of change in the community.

“(They) make Surrey a destination not only for local residents but also for the region and the province.”

Huberman said the proposed development would “help create a cultural hub in South Surrey.”

SBOT’s comprehensive strategic plan, she added, encompasses creating an action plan on how to accelerate the “creative economy” in Surrey – identifying creative industries and noting why they are necessary for economic development.

“There’s no time like the present to begin talking about strategic investments and initiatives in Surrey that will strengthen our creative industries such as theater, film, digital animation, the development of galleries both public and private, the inclusion of public art in civic and private developments, and more.”

Yellow Fever liked this post
Old March 19th, 2014, 10:37 PM   #49
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Surrey: New business and tech park - Phase 1 SOLD OUT

Old March 19th, 2014, 11:03 PM   #50
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

BIG-NEWS

as of March 19th 2014 ( 2:00 pm ) update momentarily...

VIEW http://www.parkavenueliving.ca/videos.php VIEW

UPDATE : MARCH 19th 2014 : Concord Pacific's Park Avenue East tower is 85% Sold. Earth will begin moving very soon on the 46 floor tower and then on its sister tower, Park Avenue West, also a 46 floor high rise. It appears that Concord wanted to have progress timed with the King George Station development (Coast Capital Bank). Based on more recent renderings of Coast Capital & King George Sky-train, it would appear that this project has been altered & is now bigger then first public releases had shown.

Park Avenue Towers

Last edited by Rhino; March 19th, 2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old April 6th, 2014, 04:46 AM   #51
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

There are now 3 cranes in a 2 block radius on King George BLVD.
Rainy day, but still + 14. it's going to grow to 4 cranes shortly with the long awaited Park Place (40 floors roughly) project mentioned above.

I believe the 2 new cranes on site (pictures above) are for under ground parkades that are being built. I like that plan, as it leaves the surface for something more athletically pleasing. If in fact I am wrong about these cranes, please fill me in .

Old April 6th, 2014, 04:56 AM   #52
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

City Point is adding another Office building to its collection of oddly placed
high-rise condo's and high-rise office tower. I have had the privilege of living in one of the towers, and let me tell you... It was the most odd place I have ever lived, and I left after 3 months. The best part of this neighborhood, was driving through it. Its very nice on the out side as one goes through on a Sky-Train or in a vehicle that misses every red light. The whole place should have built in Newton or some where else entirely.
RENDER OF NEW OFFICE

CITY POINT NEIGHBORHOOD

Last edited by Rhino; April 16th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old April 16th, 2014, 07:35 PM   #53
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

I dropped someone off at the newly renovated Surrey Hospital this morning. I can tell you that it is the first time getting close to it, since it began the reno, & I was quite surprised to see what I saw. I had no idea that the duel cranes were positioned as deeply as they are. I really had no idea the pits were as deep either.

and the near complete Medical tower across the road as well

The whole area is looking far better now. I had felt it looked like the ass end of town in the 1980's prior to all of this in part because of the dirt parking lots East of where the new medi tower is located.
Old April 21st, 2014, 05:35 AM   #54
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Across the street from the Coast Capital bank project is a sign for a future high rise office called Holland Point. The sign has been up for at least 2 years now, with nothing seeming to get done. The original render which is still on the sign, but not found any where else. The company site, has the updated Render which is posted here below.

If this does get built, along with the Park Place project, the 2-3 blocks that stretch from South end of City center mall, to the Hospital will sure look a lot different, compared to now.

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:58 AM   #55
Yellow Fever
Proud to be Vancouverite

Likes (Received): 53378

looks cool, I like it!
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:11 PM   #56
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

A Yet to be named 18 story High Rise proposed next to Ultra on 133 street.

The blue tower is Wave ( U/C )

Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:30 PM   #57
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

I HAVE A SPECIAL TREAT FOR EVERYONE & ANYONE THAT WILL SHED LIGHT ON THE FUTURE PLANS OF SURREY & STOMP OUT THE FLAMES OF RUMORS WHILE THE LIGHT OF FACT SHINES BRIGHTER THEN EVER BEFORE... Or something of equal reverence & God-like vagueness.

Old April 29th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #58
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Site prep is well under way for the Alumni Tower as of yesterday (April 28th, 2014 )

Until I drove passed the site, I didn't understand that the Alumni tower & Wave project are next door to each other. I knew they were reasonably close to each other in proximity, but had know idea they were side by side. Adding to that, they are kitty corner to City center mall & the new Library. All of these things added together become the University District, & a very Urban neighbor hood for core Surrey.

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by Rhino; April 30th, 2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old April 29th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #59
Yellow Fever
Proud to be Vancouverite

Likes (Received): 53378

It should be called wave II instead.
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #60
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

22 floor Tower planned for 98th & King George

So I believe the wait is over for the Holland point Ken-stone project across the street from King George station.