search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > British Columbia

British Columbia Includes Vancouver

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 30th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #61
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Likes (Received): 567

A part of the Center City region in Surrey, over the next 2-5 years will be transformed into a High Rise Urban Dream for Skyscraper Enthusiasts through out our Province.
The truly wonderful part of all this, is that the Greater Vancouver Regional District is full, of these wonderful, modern, man made achievements...
So much in fact, that a person who dreams of skyscrapers will never run out of new inspiration's in place of useless, jumping sheep.

Ladies, Gentlemen, & Construction - development - achievement Aficionado's alike...

I present to you, the confirmed endeavors with in the University District of Center City in South West Surrey (as of April 30th in 2014). These are either awaiting legal zoning alterations, City & any Civic approval's, Presale & marketing, site-preparation, site-excavation, Form & foundation pouring, crane & construction kick off, Provincial & civic inspection's, tenant and lease Holders deficiency walk through's, Key hand overs & acceptance.

STAY TUNED ...

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #62
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

I have a list of projects that have not hit the public air waves as of yet, & let me tell you this, they are not what you would expect.

At the very least, Im a very creative showman.
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #63
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Project in South Surrey ( White Rock ) that Im working on. The location has more then likely insured very few knowing of its existence.

WHITE ROCK AQUATIC CENTER

( *part Im working on mostly )

Yellow Fever liked this post

Last edited by Rhino; July 16th, 2014 at 10:54 PM.
Rhino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #64
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

The 3 towers of Park Place have been standing a vigil for what seemed like forever.

Finally.. their long vigil has come to an end. How ever, they will continue to stand as the sentinels of city center; while welcoming the newest of them, Park Avenue

Last edited by Rhino; October 4th, 2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old June 7th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #65
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

WARNING VERY BIG IMAGE

Old July 20th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #66
AudiA3

Likes (Received): 54

Yawn... There will be a massive condo glut by the time these buildings are completed. I feel bad for those investors.
AudiA3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2014, 05:46 AM   #67
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Quick pic's from Yesterday, looks like the pit is finally done....
Finally...Yep... Almost feels like they are stalling.

[

Last edited by Rhino; July 23rd, 2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old August 1st, 2014, 09:38 PM   #68
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

The day has finally arrived.... DRUM ROLL PLEASE. ( or not )

Park Place has its crane going up !

Old August 12th, 2014, 08:10 AM   #69
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Random picture of Surrey City:

Leaving Surrey @ 10:00 am & it was already + 26c / +78.8F
When I got back at 5:00 pm the temp. gauge in my truck read +36c / 96.8F

Last edited by Rhino; October 4th, 2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:40 AM   #70
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

I know I have not been doing a lot of quality contributing for a while, but with the new position I have, I should be able to do much more then before. In fact, since Monday, I have taken over 150 pics. Now, not all are super hero quality or all of Surrey, but most are pretty good.

Rather then do what I would like, & split them into updates coupled with images & showing nice info about each project & with renders & top out times, I will do what i can, hoping others will through nice info & images in as well.

68th & King George ( rehabilitation centre & education facility )

Old October 15th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #71
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Seems a new crane is going up each week in Surrey now. There are 6 or 7 from 104th tpo90th roughly. Im sorry for not posting as much as I have in the past, & will try to do more to keep up with my obligations as a MOD, or I will relinquish the roll.
Old October 17th, 2014, 02:03 AM   #72
peterprinciple

Likes (Received): 12

What a major improvement from the green space that was there. NOT.
That is one fuggly building.
peterprinciple no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #73
The_Animal
Photographs Flying Things

Likes (Received): 11

Has anyone gotten a picture of the Coast Capital building yet? If not, I'm gonna try to swing around there and see if I can take a photo next time I'm "walking" up King George. There really isn't much of a place to park when I'm going up with the Impala up to pick my wife up from work at 10PM at night. That building "under construction" is lit up.
The_Animal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 03:00 PM   #74
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

The last pic is a week old now & I would appreciate you getting some new pics of the project as well as any other projects through out the GVR as I know others would also be appreciative of them too

Last edited by Rhino; November 11th, 2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #75
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

I am sorry for not posting as often as I have in the past. I assumed after moving this way, I would not put my camera away but it was easier to keep track of projects in the Interior & Okanogan then here. Living in Metro Vancouver & loving construction is like being a man at the playboy mansion. Maybe not every man.... okay, its like being at the playboy mansion & saying to your buddy, " Hey did you see that hot chick? No, the other hot chick"....

Surrey's Centre City area as of November 11th 2014 now has a total of nearly 10 cranes up.
Not the most perfect of pictures, but Hoping to be able to get down town again a.s.a.p. to get closer & more informative images.

One of the biggest things that has not happen to Surrey as of yet, but Im sure soon enough will, is the construction of large towering city center Hotel ( beyond what is part of the tower in civic plaza. Personally, even a shorter high rise located in my last picture where the Safe-way parking lot is currently would give the city center the final pushover the edge into self definition. As I see it, Surrey still has an issue accepting the roll as the fastest growing highest population city with I the greater Metro area.

Last edited by Rhino; November 12th, 2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old November 12th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #76
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

The civic election is bringing out the best & maybe the worst in first time & seasoned hopeful civic leaders alike. One of the biggest election platforms of anyone that I have seen yet, is from Linda Hepner who ( as her signs on King George BLVD will attest to), is her promise of a new LRT line traveling North & south on King George. I fully support the project but am left a tad sceptical of the solemn vow. I believe the " operational by 2018 " slogan is going to be hard to remain true to. Construction under way by 2015-2016 is just as good a promise, but allows the constraining time line to be forgiven if things go over board on her self imposed time line. I can imagine the surging wave of high rise construction in fact following the King George south, if the LRT is built , creating a much larger & easily accessible area wide open to growth. Hard to say who would not benefit from the LRT expansion if it does go forward.

Possible Surrey LRT concept

INNOVIA Metro 300 from Bombardier that will be mixed in to the existing sky train fleet

Old November 12th, 2014, 04:16 PM   #77
Yellow Fever
Proud to be Vancouverite

Likes (Received): 53378

Nice but I still prefer the skytrain in Surrey unless there is absolutely no stop at intersections on the surface.
Yellow Fever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 09:25 PM   #78
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Our New mayor has mas up a promise for the length of King George out to where I live on 75th:

Its a train, they don't stop at red lights my friend.
Old December 11th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #79
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Normally I would put together a massive Rhino presentation ( which I enjoy doing ) & will hopefully be in a position to do just that again soon. To be honest, I dont even know if the big hub bub's I put together are something that people like, or if its just me liking the creation and vanity of it all, Like the sheep at the top of page 3 ( or 4 now ), I thought it was pure brilliant but maybe Im easily amused.

Last edited by Rhino; December 11th, 2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old December 13th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #80
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

We have been pelted by storms the last 3 days across the entire Greater Vancouver region. Last night, we had winds in excess of 90Kmph & some locations as high as over 100kmph.

Oddly enough, these storms included warm temperatures that saw more then a few records across the entire province fall. We here in Surrey were under
+17c & +18c cloudy sky's but finally today, the sun broke through & coupled with the warm weather, it was a day to go down to the Ocean. I discovered that Surrey having many ocean beaches is virtually unknown out side of Surrey Delta, & Langley.

These are from literally 2 hours ago at Crescent Beach.

The breaks have been replaced on Crescent Beach

My Favorite thing on Earth ( that grows )