search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > British Columbia

British Columbia Includes Vancouver

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 1st, 2006, 08:56 PM   #101
Trey
Mr. Anderson

Likes (Received): 0

Victoria landing condo at 11 storys

Last edited by Trey; July 4th, 2006 at 07:43 AM.
Trey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:58 PM   #102
Trey
Mr. Anderson

delete

Old June 1st, 2006, 08:59 PM   #103
Trey
Mr. Anderson

delete

Old June 1st, 2006, 09:02 PM   #104
Trey
Mr. Anderson

looking towards north shore and north thompson valley

Last edited by Trey; July 4th, 2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:03 PM   #105
Trey
Mr. Anderson

lot for proposed 21 story building and 4 6 story buildings

[IMG][/IMG]
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:06 PM   #106
Trey
Mr. Anderson

delete

Last edited by Trey; July 4th, 2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:07 PM   #107
Trey
Mr. Anderson

delete

Last edited by Trey; July 4th, 2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:11 PM   #108
Trey
Mr. Anderson

there yah go

There you have it, i took like 40 pictures in like 30 minutes today and posted them all on here.
Some pictures might look at little grainy because they were taken through my windshield, but all in all i think they turned out all right.
I missed a few buildings downtown but im sure rhino will probably pick them up.
It would be nice to see other people add pictures to this thread.

PS. i won!
Old June 1st, 2006, 10:26 PM   #109
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Likes (Received): 567

yeah , yeah , Im still at work . I will get more pics soon . maybe even today I will hmmmmm. I wonder. I do have some really nice ones I will post later today !
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:16 PM   #110
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

not able to post anything
MICROSOFT blocked me out of my PC last night , crap! Im at work now .
Old June 3rd, 2006, 12:02 AM   #111
Trey
Mr. Anderson

im curious to see what you have to post.
i was blocked out of this website last night too, and therefore i couldnt post anything.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 12:24 AM   #112
Trey
Mr. Anderson

The newest and currently tallest (hah) structure on the north shore

[IMG][/IMG]
Old June 3rd, 2006, 12:25 AM   #113
Trey
Mr. Anderson

Forgot to upload that one (above) yesterday.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 01:29 AM   #114
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

nice , I reformated PC and am back in buisness. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice so I will be out getting good shots after I leave the office . Maybe , a river side park walk through? We will see . oh if you have a Pirated or borowed version of XP ( anyone ) do not to the Windows updates from thier site . I lost all my pics and everything!!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 02:03 AM   #115
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

oh , right I do have some pics but not much as it was not my cam. I had yesterday . Oh Trevor , any idea what counselor Arjun Singh would have been talking about when he said they appoved a new condo project in Batchlor heights?

any ways here are some pics, notice I get out of my vehicle

I think they meant expensive ... http://www.saddlebackhills.com
Believe there is only 3 left... Phase 2 comming soon !

OLD ONE

DOPE NIGHT TIME SHOTS

Last edited by Rhino; June 3rd, 2006 at 02:08 AM.
Rhino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:07 PM   #116
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

TOTAL COST: $1.6 M
So says mayor, as he estimates sale price and renovations of the old courthouse .
The City of Kamloops has outlined an ambitious renovation plan that will turn the newly purchased heritage courthouse into a cultural centre for the area.

Arts and cultural development supervisor Barb Berger said the overhaul will see the creation of multiple art studios and galleries.

"There are so many potential uses for this building," she said Wednesday as she stood in the main courtroom, which will be turned into a rental hall for banquets and weddings.

"People will be visiting for a number of different reasons."

She said she hopes all construction and restorations are completed by the spring of 2007.

But a close 5-4 city council vote almost saw the purchase of the property fall by the wayside, with some councillors fearing renovation cost overruns.

"I think it is a good project, I just didn't want to do it at any cost," said Coun. Arjun Singh.

"I don't want to see more money spent on what could be a money sinkhole for the city."

He said the costs put forward to council were not hard numbers, and that even city real estate manager Dave Freeman called the renovation figures "guestimates."

Singh added now that council has approved the purchase, he thinks it could be a worthwhile project.

Mayor Terry Lake said the renovation costs are pegged at about $800,000, with some of that expected to be covered by money generated from the property over the next few years.

He said the initial $810,000 cost to purchase the building will come out of prior budget surpluses.

Lake attributed the close council vote to the fact the city has recently approved multiple major construction projects.

"We have gone through an extensive period of bricks and mortar and I think some people just want to take a bit of a breath," he said.

"We are comfortable with the renovation costs," Lake said.

Coun. Tina Lang said the purchase will be one more reason for tourists and culture groups to come downtown.

She said the courthouse is one of the city's premier heritage buildings and should not be turned over to private groups.

"The one thing we have lacked in our community is culture and heritage," said Lang. "The strength of your city is directly measurable by the strength of your downtown."

In 1991, the city was offered the courthouse for $1, but declined to purchase for fears the dilapidated building would lead to skyrocketing restoration costs.

"Many people thought that was an opportunity we let slip," said Lake.

Since then, Hostelling International, the company that sold the building to the city, has put $500,000 into repairs and upgrades.

The courthouse was built in 1907 by the same architects who designed the Empress Hotel in Victoria, at a 20,000$ price tag .
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #117
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

June 2006
KIB begins $17-million wastewater system process

The Kamloops Indian Band (KIB) has hired TRUE Engineering Ltd. of Kamloops to conduct a feasibility study for the band's proposed wastewater system.

The study will look at a range of options for the collection, treatment and disposal connected to such a system which, when complete, will eliminate hundreds of septic fields on Kamloops Indian Reserve #1.

"This will be the economic component that will drive our government for many years to come - in leasing and property tax revenue and employment opportunities - for the betterment of all our people towards self-sufficiency," KIB Chief Shane Gottfriedson said.

"The wastewater system is the final piece of the strategic puzzle for the major initiatives outlined in the Kamloops Indian Band Strategic Plan."

The proposed wastewater system includes about 20 kilometres of collection and trunk main pipes, a treatment plant and effluent disposal system, all of which will be located on band land, directly north across the Thompson River from the City of Kamloops.

Gottfriedson said TRUE Engineering was chosen based on the company's experience with similar-sized systems, effective scheduling and a "good balance of effort" over all components of the project.

Gottfriedson said the feasibility study should be completed by the fall, with the design and construction stage set to follow.

"We are targeting December 2007 for the system to be up and running," he said.

The total cost of the wastewater system is approximately $17 million, with funding coming from the Kamloops Indian Band, the federal government and revenue from development cost charges.

Gottfriedson said the project will go a long way to improving the environment on the reserve via the elimination of the septic fields, noting the system will move the treatment process away from homes and businesses and protect groundwater by containing wastewater until it reaches the treatment plant.
Old June 5th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #118
Trey
Mr. Anderson

Excellent photos, Rhino. I have been really busy all weekend, big golf party on friday night and trying to put in 14 hour days for work so i haven't had a chance to pay attention to any news so far.
I didn't even know there was a condo project happening in batch, even though i live close to that area and dirt bike up there at least once a week.
Im interested in seeing how it will turn out.

by the way, ill get out of my vehicle next time i take pictures only if i have more than 30 minutes to spare
Old June 6th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #119
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

deal , lol
Old June 6th, 2006, 04:41 AM   #120
Trey
Mr. Anderson

I drove past the old toyota dealership on my way to subway today and i noticed that the for sale sign on it is gone.
I'm guessing it sold.
Maybe ill eat those words that i said earlier about there not being any new landmarks in town for five years.
I'm hoping construction on high-rises takes off like crazy here in town like it is all over the lower mainland and the okanagon
Let's cross our fingers on something big.

Last edited by Trey; June 6th, 2006 at 05:44 AM.