search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > British Columbia

British Columbia Includes Vancouver

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 6th, 2006, 05:49 AM   #121
Trey
Mr. Anderson

Likes (Received): 0

It would be nice to see if anyone else adds to this thread like Rhino and i do.
I noticed there were some other people who did in previous pages but not for awhile.
You guys should post some photos or something.
Trey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2006, 07:14 PM   #122
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

Likes (Received): 566

there are not enough people from other places any more ( besides the Lower main land and victoria ) . Kev the burnerator and is one I know and there are more some where . I guess there is NOTHING going on in thier cities .... To bad fro them .....
Old June 6th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #123
Trey
Mr. Anderson

yeah too bad their cities aren't enjoying the boom like ours is.
Did you hear that the bank of montreal building downtown is up for sale?
city hall thought about purchasing it but went for the old courthouse instead.
Old June 7th, 2006, 01:16 AM   #124
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

really ? That internet company i-Compass Technologies should buy it . I heard they were looking to expand .
Old June 7th, 2006, 06:08 AM   #125
Trey
Mr. Anderson

yeah they could look into it.
Im pretty sure that building is up for like 15 million or more, it's 9 stories tall and at least 50 thousand sq feet.
It would have been kinda cool if city hall relocated into a building of that size.
Old June 11th, 2006, 04:02 AM   #126
Trey
Mr. Anderson

it's been dead around here for awhile, anything new going on..anyone?
Old June 11th, 2006, 05:15 AM   #127
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

lol , I havent seen much , Im still planning on going and doing more photo taken soon
( Landsdown Center , Airport , Downtown and maybe sun peaks. ) I have some shots from the Wild Life park on the 7th of June , and some local Hidden Hideway's right here in town . Tomorrow is last day of the week for me so I will hopefully be up and picture show'n by monday aftrenoon ! what about you ? no pics? Or news?
Old June 12th, 2006, 03:27 AM   #128
Trey
Mr. Anderson

Umm im working towards some pictures actually. Problem is I drive a v-8 so gas to me is like $30 nearly everyday. I know i sound cheap, but i got my truck up for sale and im going to downgrade to something considerably smaller so i can drive around a lot more and get more pics from around town and maybe from other interior cities.
As for news, as i mentioned earlier I think the old toyota dealership sold, seeing as how the forsale sign is gone. Im hoping on a biggie in that location. I heard that the groundbreaking for the hotel on the north shore should begin sometime this week. I wonder if they'll bring in a crane for it. Im hoping it will turn out to bigger than what you told me it was supposed to be because that hotel company PHI owns the land so i dunno. If so, it will be nice to have a visible landmark for the Northshore, for as we all know there is nothing exceeding 6 stories on that side of the river yet.
I also noticed a new rezoning sign downtown on an empty dug up parking lot on Seymour i think it was (correct me if im wrong, but i wasn't paying attention to the street i was on) It's probably not for anything big, or else one of us would have heard about it.

Last edited by Trey; June 12th, 2006 at 03:37 AM.
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:09 AM   #129
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

hmmm . Maybe I'll place some calls tomorrow and see what i can find out .
there must be something going on or somehting in the works some where that we dont know about yet .
Old June 13th, 2006, 07:18 PM   #130
Trey
Mr. Anderson

That would be great if you place the phone calls because you seem to have reliable connections.
Did you hear the latest about the heritage building downtown that city hall bought? The city can't afford to do upgrades on it like installing a/c and doing renovations. Smart choice they made eh? lol!
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #131
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

I am calling Jeff Putnam this afternoon . Hopfully he'll have some goddies.
He told me about the 21 story tower project in December of 05 ! .
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:34 PM   #132
Trey
Mr. Anderson

Awesome! he'll know whats going on.
I also heard about that big project last year or the year before.
But it wasen't anything near what it is proposed to be now, i think before it was supposed to be a buncha townhouses and condos not exceeding 4 stories.
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:25 AM   #133
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

hmmm . I was unable to reach MR. Putnam , but I did speak to a nother Guy named Mike who knew what was going on . Here is the scoop. NOTHING .
Everything that was mentioned during our call We all ready know about and posted info on like 6-7 months ago . I dont know . That sucks. Maybe they are just trying to be tight lipped about things and dont want the public to know. He asked for the web address to this site , so Maybe He will check it out . .

oh ,and the TOYOTA location on the N/S is suppoed to be a retail project of some sorts. no specifics. once again NO high RISE for the N/S . surprise.
Old June 14th, 2006, 04:25 AM   #134
Trey
Mr. Anderson

rock on

So much for the northshore becoming more attractive. This is shitty for kamloops, it seems that even though we have a construction boom going on,(i don't even know if we do anymore) we have next to nothing to show for it.
I just stumbled across an article on the westin hotel being built in kelowna in my dads monthly British Columbia magazine. Now theres a construction boom.
I don't think there are gonna be any big projects in town for quite awhile unless you hear different.
Old June 14th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #135
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

the problem are the people who live here . WINE BITCH WINE , I dont want that built here , I dont like the noise , I dont like the people beeing in my neighbour hood etc.
There all a bunch of old ass holes that should learn to shut the hell up .
I wrote a letter to the news paper like a year ago about this sort of thing . They dont want big projects because then they feel the city has changed, WELL GUESS WHAT .
It is not 1958 anymore pops . your not going to drive to the Roller rink and hold hands with your honey okay . Your not going to pick apples in the Orchards that belong to the Town of Brock . ITS ALL DIFFERENT NOW . These OLD FARTS dont give a shit about the city getting bigger or better . They want to remove roads and ride horse back for Christ sakes. they dont care about the jobs that say a big hotel would bring .
They want the city to RE gress . They should realize they are not the ones the city is working for now , there time is up and they need to shut up and move over.
I went to the open house for theHotel in River side park and got the chance to speak on behalf of the project because it wouls have meant something to me . The people who were apposed had no reason to be there at all . A group of old woman ( 70 -90 years old ) got up and sang songs about the 20's . What the hell does that have to do with anything ? One of the woman was asked what she had against the hotel by a reporter and she responded
" Hello Jason , could you take me to the bathroom " . SHE HAD NO CLUE WHERE SHE EVEN WAS or what she was doing there . She was just brought to fill seats for the ass holes. The mayor eventually told the Nay sayers if they didnt have anything intelegent to say not to bother getting up . **** I HATE THEM !
Old June 14th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #136
Trey
Mr. Anderson

hahaha

Well put my friend. very well spoken rant, you know exactly why we don't get shit for new buildings in town. the only old people i know who aren't like that are my grandparents, they have lived in kamloops since the mid 40s and they believe in change. Both of them are pushing 90 as well! I think its unfourtunate that these old people seem to be getting their way. this should not be allowed, its a drag on the economy. New projects like high rises and new bussiness create jobs for us still working. this in turn equals economic spin off from people spending their hard earned pay cheques in the community. when you have old and retired people bitching about this shit it pisses me off, THEY ARE RETIRED, they don't put anything back into the economy. if there aren't enough new jobs how do we support these old ****ers hmm??
It's unfourtunate that the raging grannies ( what a lame name) came to that public meeting for that proposed water front hotel saying it was bad. that irratated me. my uncle had a chance to go to that meeting and he said it was annoying to watch the old hags bitch about not wanting the hotel built. they got their way in the end, even though it wasent them that stopped it from being built but i bet they'll go to the grave with a smile on their face.

Last edited by Trey; June 14th, 2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old June 14th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #137
Trey
Mr. Anderson

good news

I got some good news on that project for the corner of mcgill and summit!
It turns out i work with a guy at my other job as a baker for coopers foods who knows Frank Culos (Mike Culos's brother) very well. He told me that no matter what Mike is going to build that 21 story high rise. When the public meeting happens im going to go and speak my mind about how this will benefit the community. Screw the old people scared of change!!!
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:50 AM   #138
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

yeah , I will go with you man for sure!
Old June 16th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #139
Trey
Mr. Anderson

hah, did you hear about the results of the survey for the north shore infrastructure? It was 46% opposed to high rise developements, 46% all for it and 8% undecided. One of the things that was said in conjunction about opposing high rises was that it would block the views of the mountains....come on now for **** sakes, go and take a walk to mcarthur island if you wanna see mountains, thats what the park is there for. Not tooention those living in the high rise buildings are the ones with the screaming views. This would attract people for sure, espicially those selling their damn near million dollar houses houses in Vancouver and then moving here to downgrade to a fancy condo.
Old June 16th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #140
Rhino
The Tropics of Canada

well at least we know that 46 % of the people are not stupid. I think that would be enough to convice council if the opption came up .