daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East

Middle East » Bahrain | Israel | Iran | Iraq | Jordan | Kuwait | Lebanon | Qatar | Saudi Arabia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #41
shabbir

Likes (Received): 0

Construction Rates

Could you please let me know what is construction cost per squre meter in syria (Damascus) for a huge size modern style retail mall and high rised buildings.

I want to know average rates (Inc. Material+Labour+Equipments)

How about if it compare to UAE rates??

Thanks a lot for your valuable time.

Regards,
shabbir no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2008, 02:14 AM   #42
ramyx1
Ramy_x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
Could you please let me know what is construction cost per squre meter in syria (Damascus) for a huge size modern style retail mall and high rised buildings.

I want to know average rates (Inc. Material+Labour+Equipments)

How about if it compare to UAE rates??

Thanks a lot for your valuable time.

Regards,

hi, i cant really give you thease answers but you can check out in the web
and comunicate with them so that they give you info about all the questions you have...
pages of the projects:
http://www.emaarsyria.co.sy
http://www.damasquinomall.com/

http://projectsyria.com/market_news.html
http://www.towncenter-sy.com/

Damascus - Syria

Can u Can a Can on a Can?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVdhMrgBjMQ

ramyx1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #43
asif iqbal

Likes (Received): 65

i hope after the french president vist syria opens its door to the outside world they cant remain isolated forever, they have such alot of potential that could be utilized firstly tourism! cus syria is a stunning place
asif iqbal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 02:01 AM   #44
iMike

Damascus Metro - The green line

This project is vital for Damascus and will be one of the best solutions to your mobility problems. This line is the first step of a vast public transport improvement project, and a major priority of Damascus Governorate.
The Green Line will offer a very attractive alternative to cars, buses, microbuses and taxis, but will also be complementary to other means of transportation.

Many articles and pictures...click the link.

http://www.damascus-metro.com/the-project/
iMike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #45
Hassoun
Son of the cedars

Likes (Received): 991

Majid Al Futtaim Group announces $1bn investment in 'New Damascus'
Majid Al Futtaim Group, the region's premier developer of shopping malls, has announced plans to invest an initial $1bn to build Syria's largest ever mixed-use development.

Strategically located in a residential part of Damascus, known as 'New Damascus', the company plans to build a landmark master-planned development, which will serve as a new 'town centre' for local residents.

The project's site, located in the Sabboura Yafour district, is strategically positioned on the Beirut to Damascus Highway and identified as a key growth corridor by the Syrian government.

Once complete, the development will cover a floor area of one and half million square metres including a two-level shopping centre (200,000 sqm), hotels, serviced apartments, Souk, offices, mosques, alongside a range of villas and apartments.

The mall, anchored by a Carrefour Hypermarket, will include a 14-screen cinema, Magic Planet, leading retailers, an international food court and a restaurant precinct.

The project's design, unique in Damascus and Syria, is centered around a new 'Town Centre' concept, providing a focal point for local families. Majid Al Futtaim Group has also announced that 30% of the site will be kept for landscaped parks, gardens and pedestrian and cycle paths.

The group has already entered into discussions with leading international retailers to be a part of the first stage, which is due to complete in 2012.

Commenting on the announcement Anders Moberg, Majid Al Futtaim Group's CEO said, 'Our commitment to Syria is significant and we plan to offer the people of Damascus the same fantastic choice in shopping and entertainment as everywhere else in the region.

'Our centres are places people do more than shop, it's where they go to share time with family and friends. We have always cared to provide the highest standards in all our developments and Syria is no exception.
Old October 17th, 2008, 03:19 AM   #46
iMike

Who's the moderator here? Why doesn't the MiddleEast Thread have "Syria" forums?
There are so many projects undergoing in syria... Malls, Dumar project, Eighth gate, damascus metro, land reclamation in Tartus for a resort with a 7-star hotel, largest restaurant in the world, etc???????????
Old October 18th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #47
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

yeaaaaaaaaaaah go syria!
lot of investment there bye iranians!
damaskus metrowill be amazing!
sarbaze tabarestan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 02:13 PM   #48
Jayme
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMike View Post
Who's the moderator here? Why doesn't the MiddleEast Thread have "Syria" forums?
There are so many projects undergoing in syria... Malls, Dumar project, Eighth gate, damascus metro, land reclamation in Tartus for a resort with a 7-star hotel, largest restaurant in the world, etc???????????
One reason is because there isnt enough Syrian fourmers.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:50 PM   #49
iMike

Maybe if the administrators create one, people will get involved and start posting. "If you build it, they will come!"
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #50
iMike

Old October 24th, 2008, 12:20 AM   #51
iMike

Old October 24th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #52
iMike

This is a poster at Dubai International Airport.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by iMike; October 24th, 2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Image relocated
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:33 AM   #53
iMike

These posters were on a building in downtown Damascus. August 2008

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by iMike; October 24th, 2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Image relocated
Old October 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #54
iMike

4 Billion Syrian Pounds Project in Swieda province
~ $87 Million

4 مليارات لمشروع سياحي بالسويداء

صحيفة الثورة الأربعاء 2/4/2008

اكد المهندس جهاد ابو زكي مدير سياحة السويداء ان وزارة السياحة قد وافقت بموجب رخصة الاشادة السياحية رقم 1733 تاريخ 18/3/2008 على مشروع فندق خمس نجوم ومسبح من الدرجة الممتازة

وحمام مكشوف للمستثمر عمار معروف في منطقة كروم شهبا وتبلغ المساحة الطابقية للمشروع 23 الف متر مربع وبكلفة تقديرية اولية تصل الى 4 مليارات ليرة.‏

ويعتبر الاول من نوعه على صعيد الاستثمار السياحي في المحافظة ويتألف من خمسة طوابق ويحتوي على 122 غرفة و665 كرسيا موزعة على اقسامه المختلفة وكتلة المسرح تحتوي على مدرج يتسع ل4000 شخص وكتلة الحمامات ستبنى على الطراز الروماني القديم, وتشغل اعمال النحت البازلتي التي ستكون تجسيدا لبعض المكونات التاريخية لمدينة شهبا ابان فترة حكم الامبراطور فيليب العربي جزءا كبيرا في هذا المشروع النوعي بكلفته وبمحتواه.
Old November 30th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #55
XP

Likes (Received): 3

Emaar Starts Construction at the 8th Gate Project

XP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:33 AM   #56
sarbaze tabarestan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

wow i have to go to damaskus!
realy nice!
many iranians are visiting syria and syrians are very friendly to iranians!!!!!!!!!!!!
iranian-syrian
a band of brothers!
a strategic alliance!
sarbaze tabarestan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:46 AM   #57
Icymaniac

Well, I've recently heard about a new subway line that is being built in Damascus and I was wondering if anyone had any info on the project.
Icymaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #58
Dammam

Damascus metro

http://www.damascus-metro.com
But it will be better if anyone post some photos from the sight.
Dammam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:08 AM   #59
Icymaniac

I'll be in Damascus later this month so I'll check out the project and see what, if anything, is going on. Also, I guess I'll keep whoever is interested in this project informed once I'm there and if I can I'll take pictures of the sight to post.
Icymaniac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #60
Dammam

Rotana opens its first Syrian beach resort hotel

Rotana, the leading hotel management company in the Middle East, has now opened the Afamia Rotana Resort in the historic city of Latakia, on Syria’s Mediterranean coast. Located on a sandy peninsula, two kilometres from Latakia city centre, the new five-star Afamia Rotana Resort brings a new level of comfort and a host of leisure activities to the city. The Afamia Rotana Resort is within easy distance of Syria’s historical sites including Ugarit Canaaite, the seaport, crusaders forts, castles and ancient Roman vestiges.

The hotel is situated on a private golden sand beach with beautiful marina views. There are two swimming pools, massage rooms, a tennis court and a children’s playground club.

Guests can relax on Latakia’s spectacular peninsula, in one of the hotel’s 14 stylish beach cabins. The resort also has a state-of-the-art Bodylines health & fitness centre with the latest in cardio and strength equipment as well as a temperature controlled indoor swimming pool, steam room and sauna.

Full article
http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages...h-resort-hotel
http://www.rotana.com/property-32.htm
Dammam no está en línea   Reply With Quote