daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > New South Wales

Old July 29th, 2014, 07:31 AM   #6001
Brizer

Likes (Received): 1020

Councillor Linda Scott came to a recent meeting of the small coffee & chat group called Friends of Victoria Park (now encompassing Green Square but name change too difficult) and went away with a long list of things to deal with. She has been good to her word and sorted a couple of things already. Apart from problems such as new streets with residents but no street signs, childcare centres, primary & high schools, we had a big discussion about transport issues; today I received this email:

"Friends (of Victoria Park), I've successfully called on the City of Sydney Council [B]to conduct an infrastructure audit*B]of the broader Green Square area, so we know and can advocate for schools, transport and other services that are needed into the future. Please LIKE my facebook page to keep up-to-date on the progress."

* my bold.

To date the only councillor to speak up for Green Square has been LM Moore so it is good to know we now have another councillor who knows where we are, what we are & what is needed.
We are thinking of lodging a missing persons report for the new local member.

We can only hope that the infrastructure audit produces more than documents, fine words and promises but leads to actual action of a constructive (literally) kind.
Brizer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 29th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #6002
Brizer

GREEN SQUARE TOWN CENTRE

Site work for remediation and installation of infrastructure, construction of Ebsworth Street, Tweed Place, Barker Street (north) & the plazas will begin next month, August, 2014.
Put that in the history books as there were many times it seemed like it would be forever ephemeral, forever 'this year', forever just out of reach.
This had better not be delayed otherwise my wrath will be legendary.
Old Yesterday, 01:49 AM   #6003
Brizer

GREEN SQUARE LIBRARY & PLAZA

DA link, DA description, more pix on
GREEN SQUARE TOWN CENTRE thread.

Later: just noticed the reflection of the circular atrium to the Library in the building just to the right of it. That building is Infinity by Crown and Takada's design is different to what is shown here. Anxiously waiting for the DA and fearing what 'homogenising' council planning department will inflict on it.

sbx, WillChangeThisLater, nOchAos liked this post

Last edited by Brizer; Yesterday at 04:37 AM. Reason: Later...
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #6004
NRKEone

Likes (Received): 0

Hey brizer do you know if they have taken off the scaff on the north facing building of platinum by payce?
NRKEone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM   #6005
Brizer

Building C fronting onto Gadigal Avenue & Hutchinson Walk with views over Joynton Park toward city: only one floor so far but finishing work is going on behind the scaffolding. As exterior painting is completed the scaffolding comes down.
I posted a couple of pix of the only revealed level of Bldg C a few days ago.
As soon as there is more to see, there'll be pix as I check every day.
Old Today, 03:40 AM   #6006
Brizer

Found in the DA for the Green Square Library & Plaza:

TIMING FOR THE RENEWAL OF GREEN SQUARE
(adjusted from previous timetables)

♦ GREEN SQUARE TOWN CENTRE timing for delivery: 2014-2024

♦ LACHLAN PRECINCT timing for delivery: 2014-2019

♦ EPSOM PARK timing for delivery: 2014-2024

♦ ROSEBERY PARK & DOLINA SITE timing for delivery: 2014-2019

NB. VICTORIA PARK is in its final stages of construction with the last building, Ruby Tower, now under construction so I estimate Vic Park will be 'done and dusted' by sometime in 2016.

Time will tell how accurately this updated timetable works out.

Tags
construction, projects, sydney