daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka



Reply

 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 915 votes, 4.98 average.
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM   #15001
Maitravaruna
Registered User
 
Maitravaruna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hubli
Posts: 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunder.k View Post
http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in...10A8DDEA.web91

II.INCREASE IN FREQUENCY OF TRAINS: (from a date to be notified later)

a)Increase in frequency of Trains Originating/Terminating in SCR:
1)Tr.No. 16571/16572 Bidar-Yesvantpur-Bidar Express from 3 days to 7 days.

2) Tr.No. 17225/17226 Vijayawada-Hubli-Vijayawada Express from 3 days to 7 days.

3)Tr.No. 17319/17320 Hubli-Secunderabad-Hubli Express from 3 days to 7 days.

Good for Karnataka - esp Hyderabad Karnataka and Mumbai- Karnataka
Recently I travelled by Hubli-Secunderabad-Hubli Express.Which is now made an everyday train. After the journey, I feel that this train is not suitable for Hubli-Hyd travel as it reaches Hyd as late as 11:30 AM in the morning. Also rats in 2AC coach bore a hole in my baggage and managed to eat half of the sweets I was carrying with me.

The train stopped at Limgampally indefinitely. The guy who looks after 2AC coach told me that it is better get down and catch a MMTS local train than keep waiting in there as this train waits till doomsday unless MMTS rush at Hyd stations is cleared.

But for anybody travelling between ULB and GLB, this train is godsend.

__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love to travel but hate to arrive.. -Albert Einstein

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg


Maitravaruna no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #15002
SKS-MTP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 37
Likes (Received): 8

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysoreOne View Post
SWR : SALIENT FEATURES OF NEW REGIONAL RAILWAY PUBLIC TIME TABLE TO COME INTO EFFECT FROM 01ST SEPTEMBER 2014

Introduction of New Trains, Extension of Trains, increase in Frequency of Trains and changes in Train Timings which have been incorporated in the September 2014 issue of New Regional Railway Public Time Table.


http://swr.indianrailways.gov.in/vie...50CCBB90.web91
No mention of Harihar-Bangalore ICE.
Will it be introduced at all?
SKS-MTP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM   #15003
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,063
Likes (Received): 974

56277/Chikkamagalur-Yesvantpur Jn FAST Passenger



======================================================================

56278/Yesvantpur Jn-Chikkamagalur FAST Passenger

__________________

chikmagalurrockz liked this post
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #15004
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,063
Likes (Received): 974

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS-MTP View Post
No mention of Harihar-Bangalore ICE.
Will it be introduced at all?
Look at the Chikkamagaluru-Yeshwantpur timings. It takes 6 h 45 min and 7 hours for the return journey. Engine reversal at Kadur. Instead SWR should have introduced Harihar-Bangalore ICE and linked Chikkamagalur-Kadur. This should have served both Davangere and Chikkamagaluru. Now need to see how many from CMGR will take this train to Bangalore as it takes approx 7 hours.
__________________

dyamannavar liked this post

Last edited by sfs; Yesterday at 06:21 PM.
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM   #15005
devaraju
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
 
devaraju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 313
Likes (Received): 50

What is the indication of numbers (in brackets) which is mentioned on each station names?
devaraju no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #15006
venkatreddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bellary / Houston
Posts: 98
Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfs View Post
Look at the Chikkamagaluru-Yeshwantpur timings. It takes 6 h 45 min and 7 hours for the return journey. Engine reversal at Kadur. Instead SWR should have introduced Harihar-Bangalore ICE and linking Chikkamagalur-Kadur. This should have served both Davangere and Chikkamagaluru. Now need to see how many from CMGR will take this train to Bangalore as it takes approx 7 hours.
I agree with you the SWR is introducing these trains by following the proverb "ATTAKUNTU LEKKAKILLA" Unless this train was an overnight train, it is useless as the journey time in a bus is much less than train journey
venkatreddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #15007
devaraju
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
 
devaraju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 313
Likes (Received): 50

ಮಂಗಳೂರು-ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಹೊಸ ರೈಲು ಸಂಚಾರಕ್ಕೆ 13 ಗಂಟೆ...!
ಮಂಗಳೂರು: ರೈಲ್ವೇ ಸಚಿವ ಡಿ.ವಿ. ಸದಾನಂದ ಗೌಡ ರೈಲ್ವೇ ಬಜೆಟ್ ನಲ್ಲಿ ಘೋಷಿಸಿರುವ ಮಂಗಳೂರು-ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಮಧ್ಯೆ ನೂತನ ರೈಲು ಸಂಚಾರಕ್ಕೆ ಸಮಯ ನಿಗದಿಯಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಅರಸೀಕೆರೆ ಮೂಲಕ ಸಂಚರಿಸಬೇಕೆಂಬ ಕರಾವಳಿಗರ ಬೇಡಿಕೆ ಮಾತ್ರ ಹುಸಿಯಾಗಿದೆ. ಹೀಗಾಗಿ ನೂತನ ರೈಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಮಂಗಳೂರಿನಿಂದ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿಗೆ ಹೋಗಲು ಸುಮಾರು 13 ಗಂಟೆ ವ್ಯಯಿಸಬೇಕಾದ ಪ್ರಮೇಯ ಎದುರಾಗಲಿದೆ...!

ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತ ಲಭ್ಯವಾಗಿರುವ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯಂತೆ ಈ ರೈಲು ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಸೆಂಟ್ರಲ್ ನಿಂದ ಬೆಳಗ್ಗೆ 6.30ಕ್ಕೆ ಹೊರಡಲಿದ್ದು, ಸಂಜೆ 4.15ಕ್ಕೆ ಮೈಸೂರು ಮೂಲಕ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿಗೆ ರಾತ್ರಿ 7.30ಕ್ಕೆ ತಲುಪಲಿದೆ. ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನಿಂದ ಬೆಳಗ್ಗೆ 8.30ಕ್ಕೆ ಹೊರಡುವ ರೈಲು ಮಧ್ಯಾಹ್ನ 12ರ ಸುಮಾರಿಗೆ ಮೈಸೂರು ತಲುಪಿ ರಾತ್ರಿ 9.15ಕ್ಕೆ ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಸೆಂಟ್ರಲ್ ಗೆ ತಲುಪಲಿದೆ. ಈ ಹಗಲು ರೈಲು ಯಾವಾಗಿನಿಂದ ಸಂಚಾರ ನಡೆಸಲಿದೆ ಎಂಬ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಅಧಿಕೃತ ಪ್ರಕಟನೆ ರೈಲ್ವೇ ಇಲಾಖೆಯಿಂದ ಹೊರಬಿದ್ದಿಲ್ಲ.

ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತ ಕಾರವಾರ-ಮಂಗಳೂರು-ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ನಡುವೆ ವಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮೂರು ದಿನ ಓಡುವ ರಾತ್ರಿ ರೈಲು ಮಂಗಳೂರಿನಿಂದ ಅರಸೀಕೆರೆ ಮೂಲಕ ಸುಮಾರು 10 ಗಂಟೆ ಒಳಗೆ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿಗೆ ತಲುಪುತ್ತದೆ. ಆದರೆ, ನೂತನ ರೈಲು ಅರಸಿಕೆರೆ ಇಲ್ಲದೆ, ಸಂಚರಿಸುವುದರಿಂದ 13 ಗಂಟೆ ವ್ಯಯಿಸಬೇಕಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅದರಲ್ಲೂ ಹಗಲು ಹೊತ್ತಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಸಂಚರಿಸುವ ರೈಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ದಿನಪೂರ್ತಿ ಸಂಚಾರ ನಡೆಸಿದರೆ ನೂತನ ರೈಲಿನ ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿತ ಲಾಭವೇನು ಎಂಬ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ ಇದೀಗ ಮೂಡಿದೆ.

ಪಶ್ಚಿಮ ಕರಾವಳಿ ರೈಲ್ವೇ ಯಾತ್ರಿ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಸಮಿತಿ ಪ್ರಕಾರ, ಮಂಗಳೂರು-ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ನಿತ್ಯ ರಾತ್ರಿ ರೈಲು ಬೇಕಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆದರೆ, ಹಗಲು ರೈಲು ನೀಡಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಅದು ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರಿಗೆ ಉಪಯೋಗವಾಗಲು ಅದನ್ನು ಅರಸೀಕೆರೆ ಮೂಲಕ ಓಡಿಸಬೇಕಿತ್ತು. ಹಾಗಾಗುತ್ತಿದ್ದಲ್ಲಿ ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರಿಗೂ ಪ್ರಯಾಣದ ಸಮಯ ಉಳಿತಾಯವಾಗುತ್ತಿತ್ತು. ಆದರೆ ಈಗ ದೀರ್ಘ* ಪ್ರಯಾಣದ ಹಾದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಓಡಾಡುವ ಹೊಸ ರೈಲಿನ ಸಮಯ ನಿಗದಿ ಮಾಡಿದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಲಭ್ಯವಾಗಿದೆ. ಇದರಿಂದ ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರಿಗೆ ಪ್ರಯೋಜನವಿಲ್ಲದ ಸ್ಥಿತಿ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣವಾಗಲಿದೆ.

ಈ ಮಧ್ಯೆ ಕಾಸರಗೋಡು-ಬೈಂದೂರು ಹೊಸ ರೈಲಿನ ವೇಳಾಪಟ್ಟಿ ಕೂಡ ಇದೀಗ ಬಿಡುಗಡೆಗೊಂಡಿದ್ದು, ಅಧಿಕೃತ ಪ್ರಕಟನೆ ಮಾತ್ರ ಬಾಕಿ ಉಳಿದಿದೆ. ಕಾಸರಗೋಡಿನಿಂದ ಬೆಳಗ್ಗೆ 6.40ಕ್ಕೆ ಹೊರಡುವ ಈ ರೈಲು 8.05ಕ್ಕೆ ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಜಂಕ್ಷನ್ ಗೆ ಬಂದು, ಬೆಳಗ್ಗೆ 11.50ಕ್ಕೆ ಬೈಂದೂರು ತಲುಪಲಿದೆ. ಬೈಂದೂರಿನಿಂದ ಮಧ್ಯಾಹ್ನ 1.05ಕ್ಕೆ ಹೊರಡುವ ರೈಲು ಸಂಜೆ 4.50ಕ್ಕೆ ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಜಂಕ್ಷನ್ ಬಂದು, 6.10ಕ್ಕೆ ಕಾಸರಗೋಡು ತಲುಪಲಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಮೂಲಗಳು ತಿಳಿಸಿವೆ.

ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಸೆಂಟ್ರಲ್ ಗೆ ಈ ರೈಲು ಬಾರದಿದ್ದಲ್ಲಿ ನೂತನ ರೈಲಿನ ಅಗತ್ಯಗಳು ಸಫಲವಾಗಲು ಸಾಧ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ ಎಂಬ ಕರಾವಳಿಗರ ಬೇಡಿಕೆಗೆ ಇನ್ನೂ ಕೂಡ ಮನ್ನಣೆ ದೊರಕಿಲ್ಲ. ಕಾಸರಗೋಡು-ಬೈಂದೂರು ರೈಲಿನ ವೇಳಾಪಟ್ಟಿ ಗಮನಿಸಿದರೆ, ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಜಂಕ್ಷನ್ ನಿಂದಲೇ ಈ ರೈಲು ಸಂಚರಿಸುವುದು ದಿಟವಾಗಿದೆ.

http://www.udayavani.com/news/518031...2%9F-----.html
devaraju no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #15008
mangalore mania
Indian First
 
mangalore mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mangalore/Abu Dhabi
Posts: 11,615
Likes (Received): 2129

Quote:
Originally Posted by devaraju View Post
What is the indication of numbers (in brackets) which is mentioned on each station names?
Number of platform in corresponding station..
__________________
My Flickr

Changing from Enjoying the Mangalore's rise to Karnataka's Pride

Mangalore Forum
mangalore mania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #15009
dyamannavar
dyamannavar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,048
Likes (Received): 508

This is power of Railway Minister DVS ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by devaraju View Post
ಮಂಗಳೂರು-ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಹೊಸ ರೈಲು ಸಂಚಾರಕ್ಕೆ 13 ಗಂಟೆ...!
ಮಂಗಳೂರು: ರೈಲ್ವೇ ಸಚಿವ ಡಿ.ವಿ. ಸದಾನಂದ ಗೌಡ ರೈಲ್ವೇ ಬಜೆಟ್ ನಲ್ಲಿ ಘೋಷಿಸಿರುವ ಮಂಗಳೂರು-ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಮಧ್ಯೆ ನೂತನ ರೈಲು ಸಂಚಾರಕ್ಕೆ ಸಮಯ ನಿಗದಿಯಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಅರಸೀಕೆರೆ ಮೂಲಕ ಸಂಚರಿಸಬೇಕೆಂಬ ಕರಾವಳಿಗರ ಬೇಡಿಕೆ ಮಾತ್ರ ಹುಸಿಯಾಗಿದೆ. ಹೀಗಾಗಿ ನೂತನ ರೈಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಮಂಗಳೂರಿನಿಂದ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿಗೆ ಹೋಗಲು ಸುಮಾರು 13 ಗಂಟೆ ವ್ಯಯಿಸಬೇಕಾದ ಪ್ರಮೇಯ ಎದುರಾಗಲಿದೆ...!

ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತ ಲಭ್ಯವಾಗಿರುವ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯಂತೆ ಈ ರೈಲು ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಸೆಂಟ್ರಲ್ ನಿಂದ ಬೆಳಗ್ಗೆ 6.30ಕ್ಕೆ ಹೊರಡಲಿದ್ದು, ಸಂಜೆ 4.15ಕ್ಕೆ ಮೈಸೂರು ಮೂಲಕ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿಗೆ ರಾತ್ರಿ 7.30ಕ್ಕೆ ತಲುಪಲಿದೆ. ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನಿಂದ ಬೆಳಗ್ಗೆ 8.30ಕ್ಕೆ ಹೊರಡುವ ರೈಲು ಮಧ್ಯಾಹ್ನ 12ರ ಸುಮಾರಿಗೆ ಮೈಸೂರು ತಲುಪಿ ರಾತ್ರಿ 9.15ಕ್ಕೆ ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಸೆಂಟ್ರಲ್ ಗೆ ತಲುಪಲಿದೆ. ಈ ಹಗಲು ರೈಲು ಯಾವಾಗಿನಿಂದ ಸಂಚಾರ ನಡೆಸಲಿದೆ ಎಂಬ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಅಧಿಕೃತ ಪ್ರಕಟನೆ ರೈಲ್ವೇ ಇಲಾಖೆಯಿಂದ ಹೊರಬಿದ್ದಿಲ್ಲ.

ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತ ಕಾರವಾರ-ಮಂಗಳೂರು-ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ನಡುವೆ ವಾರದಲ್ಲಿ ಮೂರು ದಿನ ಓಡುವ ರಾತ್ರಿ ರೈಲು ಮಂಗಳೂರಿನಿಂದ ಅರಸೀಕೆರೆ ಮೂಲಕ ಸುಮಾರು 10 ಗಂಟೆ ಒಳಗೆ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿಗೆ ತಲುಪುತ್ತದೆ. ಆದರೆ, ನೂತನ ರೈಲು ಅರಸಿಕೆರೆ ಇಲ್ಲದೆ, ಸಂಚರಿಸುವುದರಿಂದ 13 ಗಂಟೆ ವ್ಯಯಿಸಬೇಕಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅದರಲ್ಲೂ ಹಗಲು ಹೊತ್ತಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಸಂಚರಿಸುವ ರೈಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ದಿನಪೂರ್ತಿ ಸಂಚಾರ ನಡೆಸಿದರೆ ನೂತನ ರೈಲಿನ ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿತ ಲಾಭವೇನು ಎಂಬ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ ಇದೀಗ ಮೂಡಿದೆ.

ಪಶ್ಚಿಮ ಕರಾವಳಿ ರೈಲ್ವೇ ಯಾತ್ರಿ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಸಮಿತಿ ಪ್ರಕಾರ, ಮಂಗಳೂರು-ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ನಿತ್ಯ ರಾತ್ರಿ ರೈಲು ಬೇಕಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆದರೆ, ಹಗಲು ರೈಲು ನೀಡಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಅದು ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರಿಗೆ ಉಪಯೋಗವಾಗಲು ಅದನ್ನು ಅರಸೀಕೆರೆ ಮೂಲಕ ಓಡಿಸಬೇಕಿತ್ತು. ಹಾಗಾಗುತ್ತಿದ್ದಲ್ಲಿ ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರಿಗೂ ಪ್ರಯಾಣದ ಸಮಯ ಉಳಿತಾಯವಾಗುತ್ತಿತ್ತು. ಆದರೆ ಈಗ ದೀರ್ಘ* ಪ್ರಯಾಣದ ಹಾದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಓಡಾಡುವ ಹೊಸ ರೈಲಿನ ಸಮಯ ನಿಗದಿ ಮಾಡಿದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಲಭ್ಯವಾಗಿದೆ. ಇದರಿಂದ ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರಿಗೆ ಪ್ರಯೋಜನವಿಲ್ಲದ ಸ್ಥಿತಿ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣವಾಗಲಿದೆ.

ಈ ಮಧ್ಯೆ ಕಾಸರಗೋಡು-ಬೈಂದೂರು ಹೊಸ ರೈಲಿನ ವೇಳಾಪಟ್ಟಿ ಕೂಡ ಇದೀಗ ಬಿಡುಗಡೆಗೊಂಡಿದ್ದು, ಅಧಿಕೃತ ಪ್ರಕಟನೆ ಮಾತ್ರ ಬಾಕಿ ಉಳಿದಿದೆ. ಕಾಸರಗೋಡಿನಿಂದ ಬೆಳಗ್ಗೆ 6.40ಕ್ಕೆ ಹೊರಡುವ ಈ ರೈಲು 8.05ಕ್ಕೆ ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಜಂಕ್ಷನ್ ಗೆ ಬಂದು, ಬೆಳಗ್ಗೆ 11.50ಕ್ಕೆ ಬೈಂದೂರು ತಲುಪಲಿದೆ. ಬೈಂದೂರಿನಿಂದ ಮಧ್ಯಾಹ್ನ 1.05ಕ್ಕೆ ಹೊರಡುವ ರೈಲು ಸಂಜೆ 4.50ಕ್ಕೆ ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಜಂಕ್ಷನ್ ಬಂದು, 6.10ಕ್ಕೆ ಕಾಸರಗೋಡು ತಲುಪಲಿದೆ ಎಂದು ಮೂಲಗಳು ತಿಳಿಸಿವೆ.

ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಸೆಂಟ್ರಲ್ ಗೆ ಈ ರೈಲು ಬಾರದಿದ್ದಲ್ಲಿ ನೂತನ ರೈಲಿನ ಅಗತ್ಯಗಳು ಸಫಲವಾಗಲು ಸಾಧ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ ಎಂಬ ಕರಾವಳಿಗರ ಬೇಡಿಕೆಗೆ ಇನ್ನೂ ಕೂಡ ಮನ್ನಣೆ ದೊರಕಿಲ್ಲ. ಕಾಸರಗೋಡು-ಬೈಂದೂರು ರೈಲಿನ ವೇಳಾಪಟ್ಟಿ ಗಮನಿಸಿದರೆ, ಮಂಗಳೂರು ಜಂಕ್ಷನ್ ನಿಂದಲೇ ಈ ರೈಲು ಸಂಚರಿಸುವುದು ದಿಟವಾಗಿದೆ.

http://www.udayavani.com/news/518031...2%9F-----.html
Even if it was routed thru the Arasikere, it would have been face saving for DVS
dyamannavar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #15010
devaraju
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
 
devaraju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 313
Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalore mania View Post
Number of platform in corresponding station..
Does Kyatsandra has 4 platflorms??? I have no idea on other stations.. but wondering how kyatsandra has 4 platforms, hailing from kyatsandra, i have seen only 2 platforms after doubling...
devaraju no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #15011
sfs
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,063
Likes (Received): 974

Work on rail line through Mallya's stud farm under way

Quote:
BANGALORE: The Hassan-Bangalore railway line is all set to cut across the historic Kunigal Stud Farm owned by Vijay Mallya despite the Southern Railway's assurance that it would find an alternative route.

Work has begun on the 1.05-km line across the 425-acre stud farm after the Karnataka high court ruled that the railway line should not run through 70 acres of farm land of 300 farmers in Kunigal, which the Southern Railways had proposed as an alternate route.


Zeyn Mirza, managing director, United Racing and Bloodstock Breeders Ltd (URBB), and stud manager Dr NM Dinesh on Friday said with the train running through the farm, it would make breeding at Kunigal very difficult given the noise, pollution and lack of security and privacy for pregnant mares.

"We don't have a choice now and therefore asked the railways to at least construct a 3-metre high safety wall on either side of the line. They have agreed to do it and it should provide some relief," said Mirza.

Dinesh pointed out that over 35 trees, which are over a hundred years old, will have to be chopped down for the railway line. "The railway authorities said there's no option and tree-cutting has already started," said Dinesh, adding that the stud farm houses a couple of sandalwood trees too. In an effort not to disturb breeding, Southern Railway engineers provided Kunigal three underpasses to reach the other side of the farm.

One of the top three farms in the business, Kunigal was first identified and chosen by Tipu Sultan over 200 years ago for breeding horses for his cavalry. It now produces 80-100 horses every year, including Saddle Up who provided a leg-up for Indian race horses to contest on the international scene with wins in Malaysia and Singapore. The stallion Burden Of Proof consistently produced quality stock from the 100 broodmares at the farm.

The farm's think-tank paid a king's ransom to bring down top US stallion Air Support and its progeny will generate keen interest among big buyers in the game.

"We had a clear plan to improve our bloodstock but the railway line has proved to be a spanner in the works," said Zeyn, adding that municipal authorities sanctioned a sewage treatment plant on the periphery of the farm and this is a big blow. "It will only lead to infections. We asked the municipal authorities to review the sanction and we hope they will understand the conditions required for breeding," he said.

The railway authorities, it is learnt, have made it clear that the line could be open for traffic as early as December 2015, seven years before Mallya's lease expires on the farm.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/40312494.cms
__________________

dyamannavar liked this post
sfs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #15012
SKS-MTP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 37
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfs View Post
Look at the Chikkamagaluru-Yeshwantpur timings. It takes 6 h 45 min and 7 hours for the return journey. Engine reversal at Kadur. Instead SWR should have introduced Harihar-Bangalore ICE and linked Chikkamagalur-Kadur. This should have served both Davangere and Chikkamagaluru. Now need to see how many from CMGR will take this train to Bangalore as it takes approx 7 hours.
+1

Is there any particular problem in introducing this train from Harihar? It can't be maintenance problem because Harihar-Kottur train is maintained at Harihar(if I'm not wrong).
__________________

dyamannavar liked this post
SKS-MTP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM   #15013
nrsrini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mysore
Posts: 401
Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfs View Post
Look at the Chikkamagaluru-Yeshwantpur timings. It takes 6 h 45 min and 7 hours for the return journey. Engine reversal at Kadur. Instead SWR should have introduced Harihar-Bangalore ICE and linked Chikkamagalur-Kadur. This should have served both Davangere and Chikkamagaluru. Now need to see how many from CMGR will take this train to Bangalore as it takes approx 7 hours.
Davanagere has a number of direct trains to Bangalore, while Chikkamagalur is getting its first. So definitely, Chikkamagalur is the more deserving here. And regarding the number of people taking this train, Bangalore-Hubli via Arasikere is more circuitous to Hubli than Bangalore-Chikkamagalur via Kadur to CMGR. So, if SBC-UBL route has so much favour, I am inclined to believe that SBC-CMGR route also will have takers.
nrsrini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #15014
dyamannavar
dyamannavar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,048
Likes (Received): 508

It has 2 PF

Quote:
Originally Posted by devaraju View Post
Does Kyatsandra has 4 platflorms??? I have no idea on other stations.. but wondering how kyatsandra has 4 platforms, hailing from kyatsandra, i have seen only 2 platforms after doubling...
I think 2 more good loading track have been added and will be opened for goods traffic soon, may be in a month in railway language
dyamannavar no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
karnataka

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu