daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Highways and Roadways

Old April 20th, 2007, 02:58 AM   #1
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

Likes (Received): 490

C6 - Bulacan-Rizal-Manila-Cavite Expressway

On today's MUP (Magandang Umaga Pilipinas), Chairman Bayani Fernando took a ride with ABS-CBN's Sky Patrol to show the newest road project they will undertake: the C-6

Bakit nadelay at naantala ang dating C-6?
-We have realigned the route of the project kasi yung dating alignment was very expensive and there are already establishments and subdivisions on the project route so we had to realign the whole project

-The C-6 will connect SLEX and NLEX through the ff. route:

--SLEX--Taguig--Angono, Rizal--Antipolo, Rizal--San Mateo, Rizal--Rodriguez(Montalban), Rizal--San Jose del Monte, Bulacan--NLEX

Kailan ang expected completion nito?
-Sisimulan na as soon as possible ang Taguig-Angono-Antipolo phase ng project

Sponsored Links

Old April 20th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #2
richard24
go ahead.. scan it

Likes (Received): 0

wow..., sana masimulan na talaga.., sang part kaya ng antipolo to dadaan.. excited nako..
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:26 AM   #3
venntro

What was the original route?
venntro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

The funny thing is when Aida Gonzales (MUP host) asked Bayani Fernando to show to the televiewers the route of the project, sabi ni Bayani: "Mga Kapuso, ..." Tumawa naman si Aida, "Aray ko, kapamilya po"

I am excited to see this realize. Hopefully official press statements will be released in the coming days.
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:09 AM   #5
oboi
voyager

Likes (Received): 1439

Does that mean that Mr. Fernando is a Kapuso fan? A Freudian slip perhaps?

It's to good know that he is fast tracking this C-6 project.
oboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #6
venntro

I thought that based on the 2006 SONA of GMA, the plan was to link SLEX and NLEX through C-5 passing through UP diliman.
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:26 AM   #7
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

^ A change of plan maybe. Perhaps that's what Mr. Fernando was referring to when he said that they realigned the whole project
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:34 AM   #8
venntro

IMO, that's a major overhaul and I think the plan will be a longer route.
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #9
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

^ Longer yet cheaper. So far yet so near.
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #10
kunoL8

so, would this be something like a freeway?
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #11
Solblanc
hot

Likes (Received): 106

If c-5 is any indication of what C-6 is gonna be, then C-6 is gonna be a *very* scary road
Old April 21st, 2007, 04:36 AM   #12
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 154

wow.. good that C6 is going to be built soon... yun lang sana they'll build a C6/C5 wide road that runs east to west.. currently the radial roads are too crowded already...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 07:07 PM   #13
JAMAICUS

Likes (Received): 1

C-6 construction to start soon
By Rhodina Villanueva
The Philippine Star 04/22/2007

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairman Bayani Fernando said preparations are underway for the development of the Circumferential Road 6 (C-6) that will geographically expand Metro Manila’s growth over a 100-kilometer area.

Fernando said part of these preparations is the conduct of an extensive survey concerning the coverage of the proposed C-6 corridor that will connect the North Luzon Expressway to the South Luzon Expressway and pass through residential, commercial and industrial areas in the eastern part of Metro Manila and the provinces of Cavite, Rizal and Bulacan.

The survey will be undertaken by the agency in cooperation with the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the local government units (LGUs) concerned.

He said President Arroyo has approved the funding for the survey that will jumpstart the development of C-6 from Taguig City, Antipolo City, San Mateo town, Montalban town and the Rodriguez town up to the municipality of San Jose del Monte in Bulacan and pass through the foot of the Sierra Madre mountain range.

Fernando, who is also concurrently the chairman of the Regional Development Council for the National Capital Region, said the planned C-6 development is a component of the President’s 10-point agenda to decongest Metro Manila that had been shelved due to the exorbitant costs constructing the road would entail.

He said the C-6 project will address the perennial suburban sprawl and traffic congestion problems in Metro Manila.

"We were overtaken by events, but now we have started soliciting vital information from LGUs as to their local development plans and possible alternative road alignment to pursue the proposed project at lesser cost," he said.

The C-6 development involves road network improvement – such as the construction and rehabilitation of major arterial roads, new primary arterials, secondary roads improvement and construction of an urban expressway.

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/news200704226301.htm
JAMAICUS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 07:13 PM   #14
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by venntro View Post
I thought that based on the 2006 SONA of GMA, the plan was to link SLEX and NLEX through C-5 passing through UP diliman.
Don't worry, it is still the plan. If you would look at an MM map, there would be proposed connection between C5-NLEX and C6-NLEX. These are two different things. Plus, the skyway phase III would also connect NLEX and SLEX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaelnis View Post
^ A change of plan maybe. Perhaps that's what Mr. Fernando was referring to when he said that they realigned the whole project
Quote:
What was the original route?
Yup a change of plan, really. The original route that this road would serve is this:

"Under the project, the Metro Manila tollway will link the North Luzon Expressway and the South Luzon Expressway from Marilao, Bulacan, to Upper Bicutan, Parañaque; the Laguna Bay Coastal Road from Bicutan to San Pedro, Laguna; and the C6 South Segment from San Pedro to the Cavite Coastal Road in Noveleta, Cavite."
source: Manila Times Internet Edition

Quote:
IMO, that's a major overhaul and I think the plan will be a longer route.
Compared to the old plan, yes, this one would be longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoL8 View Post
so, would this be something like a freeway?
That is the original plan. I don't know now. The old plan is in Wikipedia. EDIT: The news above says that it would be an "urban expressway."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solblanc View Post
If c-5 is any indication of what C-6 is gonna be, then C-6 is gonna be a *very* scary road
What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1 View Post
wow.. good that C6 is going to be built soon... yun lang sana they'll build a C6/C5 wide road that runs east to west.. currently the radial roads are too crowded already...
I'm thinking of the same. Well, I hope that the government would actually widen all the radial roads except Quezon Ave and SLEX, since those are already wide. And I'm also thinking of expanding and widening the radial roads to the eastern part of Metro Manila. Like Marcos, Sumulong, Shaw, etc. EDIT: The news above also includes the rehabilitation of arterial roads.

Oooh... This thread is causing an andrenaline rush on me. I really hope it would start very very soon. Let's cross our fingers... and anything we could "cross on."

There's also a news inPDI about C5-Commonwealth link. Though the news is quite old... about 5 days ago
Corruption is not a monopoly of the government. We have to remember that corruption is caused by insatiable greed - greed for power, greed for money and greed for fame. And once these desires become the pursuit of a nation, catastrophe is sealed for them.

Last edited by le Reine; April 21st, 2007 at 07:21 PM.
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:16 AM   #15
lochinvar

Likes (Received): 108

If the government is not going to alot spaces on both sides of the centerline for future expansion, then I'm afraid it's just going to be another EDSA and C-5, i.e., congested. Bayani Fernando ought to have more vision for the future than just building a replica of the two mentioned.
lochinvar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:07 AM   #16
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 411

^yeah. I agree. But if they are going to build an expressway, isn't it already an SOP? I mean, they should already anticipate that it would need expansion someday, right? Perhaps, C5 and EDSA wasn't envisioned to be an expressway so there's no alotted spaces on both sides of the road. Oh well, perhaps, I'm wrong.
Corruption is not a monopoly of the government. We have to remember that corruption is caused by insatiable greed - greed for power, greed for money and greed for fame. And once these desires become the pursuit of a nation, catastrophe is sealed for them.
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:32 AM   #17
kunoL8

from what i know, edsa was envisioned to be an expressway but due to poor urban planning, they weren't able to control the developments surrounding it.

i really hope C-6 would be a freeway. metro manila needs freeways. however, i think it's going to be expensive if they're going to start now. they'd have to be several existing properties to get the land for it.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM   #18
mygz14
Whoa!

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboi_1 View Post
Does that mean that Mr. Fernando is a Kapuso fan? A Freudian slip perhaps?

It's to good know that he is fast tracking this C-6 project.
He was a segment host at Unang Hirit along with Love Anover. That was last year I think.
mygz14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:05 AM   #19
Sinjin P.
Lingkod-Bayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XP View Post

What do you mean?
C-5 is one bumpy ride... Sa Southbound lane ng C-5, may parte doon na babagalan ni daddy sa pagdrive (special request ko dahil nasusuka talaga ako, para akong nahuhulog mula sa isang mataas na lugar)
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:22 PM   #20
richard24
go ahead.. scan it

so., confirmed na. expressway nga ito according sa article...,

most probably kasama sa irerehabilitate ang marcos hway dahil i'm sure dadaan yan dun.

Tags
bulacan, manila