daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Phototeka

Phototeka Urban photo's of skyscrapers, skylines, architecture and cityscapes

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:52 AM   #1
Matjash

Likes (Received): 1

Ljubljana all over...

Hi everybody! I'm new to the forum. Actually I've been reading it for quite some time now. But I never registered cause I didnt have my camera. Now I got it and I actually went through my city yesterday snaping pictures, just for you guys. I'm no professional and this is my first set ever, so please spare me. Also I apologize for unperfect spelling...I hope yopu enjoy

For start, thats me in action

..and thats my golfič, that I drove in all over

thats my neighbourhood in north of Ljubljana called "Brod".

lets continue in the north(Bežigrad/Ježica), where all the hip buildings are growing in Ljubljana.

Ljubljanas highest, WTC-Ljubljana

DOMINA Grand Media Hotel, newest 5 star hotel in Ljubljana

WTC and Smelt building(white boxie building on the left)

"Stekleni dvor" resembles Slovenian personality perfectly. Instead of building one and high, we build two and short.

Front of "Stekleni dvor" where Hypo Alpe Adria Bank stays

View from behind of "Stekleni dvor"

Side View

Highest residental buildings in Slovenia BS-3. Manny Slovenians confusely thinks those are the biggest buildings in Slovenia.

Home of Mercator(backside)

left wing

right wing

Bežigrad residental blocks from Yugoslavian era.

PLace where I go droll

New bus stops, that LPP(public transfer) is so proud off, but for me luckily I dont use, cause u cant see anything when 10 buses, one after another, comes..

Biggest erotic shop chain in Ljubljana

Home of Slovenian army. This building is build in a hole

Slovenijales building

center of Ljubljana and telekom Slovenije building

This fridays "after work" traffic. In behind you can see on the right, greatest sadness of Ljubljana, national stadium "Bežigrad". Infront Petrol building.

SCT tower, the ugliest.

telekom

Delo newspaper building

downtown..

old part..

Filharmonija..

Ljubljana castle above old part of the city

BTC tower behind CityPark-biggest shopping mall in Slovenia

Ljubljana's newest tower.

Some of the CityPark

connectors to the parking garage

main entrance into CityPark and one of the manny into BTC.

Nove Jarše or populary called "New Jersey". This is more dangerous district of Ljubljana mainly cause its connected with "Fužine" district.

Nove Jarše and on the left, start of CityPark mall.

Nove Jarše from the roof of CityPark

cruisni' through center and bumpin into film crew, shootin a movie scene, cool

I like those apartmants

Nice twin house.

So! I hope It wasnt too much

Last edited by Matjash; October 4th, 2005 at 01:20 AM.
Matjash no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2005, 05:46 AM   #2
dejan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 39

Dober dan Matjash! Welcome to the forum and great pictures of Ljubljana!
Really beautiful city
dejan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 06:13 AM   #3
Sergei
iMod

Likes (Received): 11

Welcome, and thanks for the awesome pictures!
Old October 2nd, 2005, 08:17 PM   #4
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Likes (Received): 7986

Welcome Matjash Great pics
Old October 2nd, 2005, 08:26 PM   #5
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 161

Ehh those are really GREAT pics!
They almost crashed my pic - lack of memory, now i know it is time to upgrade it

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 08:52 PM   #6
edolen1
Monkey business

Likes (Received): 6

OMG, the pics almost gave my computer a heart attack!

Anyway, lepo da mamo še enga Slovenca tle notr! Dobrodošel! Btw, js se tut kličem Matjaž..
edolen1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:14 PM   #7
MIMICA

Likes (Received): 4

The picture were excellent. Thank you for sharing them with us!
It might have been better if you had broken the pictures up in mabye 5 pictures for every post. That way we wouldn’t have to wait here forever.
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:27 PM   #8
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

great pics Matjash

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:06 AM   #9
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

Welcome to the forum Matjash, hopefully you going to update us on all Ljubljana Projects, we have few Slovenians here who are great ambassadors for there country, we cold do with few more...

BTW, nice photos, in future you can use Photoshop to edit, or reduce the size of photos... If you don't have one, Slovenian guys any of you have copy of Photoshop you can spare to our new Slovenian colleges, use PM to discuss the issue, older version would do fine to...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM   #10
Petter of Stockholm

Very nice pics!

I visited Ljubljana in early September: very small and nice capital of Slovenia. We loved the city, especially along the river. Presernov trg with the bridges..

I must admit that Ljubljana is very different from the rest of the Ex-Yugoslavian cities that we visited. Much cleaner, much more western.. I want to draw parallells to Graz..

No big avenys as in Zagreb.. more cute streets. Very friendly people as well. I got the feeling of Ljubljana as the safest city of ex-yugoslavia. Not that much of communist-blocks as U see in other cities, like Sarajevo or Zagreb.

I read there were some 60,000 students as well. A large proportion if there are only 260,000 in the city. How many people do you have in metropolitan Ljubljana?

What districts are the best? the worst? Can someone comment every district with and give it a grade?

North districts:
Crnuce
Nadgorica
Sentjakob
Sneberic
Moste
Jezica
Bezigrad
Sentvid
Brod

South:

Vic
Trnovo
Rudnik
Brezovica

Were do you find villas? Where are the communistblocks?
Petter of Stockholm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 06:20 PM   #11
Matjash

Thanks to everybody for nice welcoming. Especially to mic of orion, for the useful tip about pic resize. I'm gonna use photoshop in the future although I dont now how to use it. But I'll try to figure it out.

I'm gonna go make some photos tomorrow if it will be nice weather. Today rained all day.

@peter of Sweden: Tomorrow I'll snap some pictures of villas in Ljubljana. But its not like elsewhere, here. Villas are not concetrated in one high-residental area. Its more like all-over. That doesnt mean that Ljubljana is full of them. Its just, that people build them everywhere and its not just one area specialized for them. Its also interestin that Ljubljana dont have high-residental area like "Dedinje" in Belgrade. We have "Murgle" district that resembles something like that, but houses in that area are nothing special, although manny famous Slovenians live in Murgle. Drnovšek(ex-prime minister) Kučan(ex-president) university professors, doctors, known artist etc. live in Murgle. But houses are nothin special.(I'm gonna snap Murgle tomorrow)

Also its not true that Ljubljana doesnt have commie-blocks. Its just that they are not on sight for tourists, since they are scaterred on the outskirts and there is virtually not one in the downtown area. Also there are some hills that seperate diffrent parts of city and therefore u cant see from one part to another. I'm gonna snap some tommorow.

About students its true. Students from all over Slovenia come to study in Ljubljana.(today was first day of university season and it was crowded on streets as hell) I dont know how manny people lives in metropolitan Ljubljana. Maybe some other Slovenioan members could help with that info.

Best districts:

Brod(my neigbourhood, in last years manny rich people moved to this part and some high residentral apartmants grew here. also a lot of nature and clean river near with good connection to the city)

Murgle-nice reputation.

Koseze-also nice reputation

Those are all I can remember to be nice neigbourhoods.

Bad neigbourhoods:

Fužine(all slovenians members knew I'm gonna write this one first, didnt ya )

Štepanjsko naselje

Nove Jarše

There is not very much crime in Ljubljana anyway. Only 2-3 murders a year. There is no organised crime, although people says that montenegro mafia is present. Also there was some hit-murders in the past. Last one in Hotel Lev, 2 years ago, wher some montenegro guy was shot dead. But altogether there are just roberies, car steals, bank roberies and so..There is a lot of drugs though. Specially in those "bad districts" that I mentioned. In Fužine or Jarše there is a lot od dealers and junkies. Heroin is sadly very spread.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 06:33 PM   #12
edolen1
Monkey business

Likes (Received): 6

Actually, outside Central Slovenia, Ljubljana's bad districts are pretty much unknown..
edolen1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 07:34 PM   #13
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Hey the Domina hotel looks great another Domina Grand Media Hotel & Convention Center is going to be build in Sarajevo next year.. They say its gonna be like the one in Ljubljana just a bit bigger,its gonna be near the Sarajevo Twin towers
I really hope its gonna be like the Ljubljana one
Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:07 PM   #14
bziherl

Likes (Received): 0

Kralj Matjaz, welcome!

Did you get any strange looks by the people that saw you doing the drive&taking photos, hehehe. I know, I did. Hehe

Anyway, great pics! I'll give you a beep if I see you in your car, driving around Ljubljana.
bziherl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 10:42 PM   #15
Matjash

No, no strange looks, I think. I couldnt care less, cause I feel totally "safe" in my car. As far as I'm concerned I could pick my nose or make love in it
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:31 PM   #16
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

^
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:42 AM   #17
bziherl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matjash
No, no strange looks, I think. I couldnt care less, cause I feel totally "safe" in my car. As far as I'm concerned I could pick my nose or make love in it
Hehe, you're totaly right there! Every time I go out to take some photos of Ljubljana I get strange looks. And since I don't really care, there were occasions when people started to talk to me, and I didn't even notice, hehehehehe.

Anyway, it's nice to see another Slovene here. Welcome to the club!
bziherl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 02:03 AM   #18
Adi

Hi guys. I was helping Matjash with the pictures a bit, so I have decided to join the forum. Matjash the thread looks even much better now, becouse you have resized the pictures. And it was a good decision not to post those night scenes with insuficient quality, but I really think you should post the Opera building that is beautyful at nights and also you can post those new fancy Brod buildings with red balconees.
Adi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #19
sts

Likes (Received): 23

Wow,really beautiful!!I've to visit better Ljubljana!!Thanks for the pics!And,of course,welcome!
sts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2005, 11:14 PM   #20
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Welcome to both of you Adi and Matjash! Great pics too!
3tmk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: