daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Phototeka

Phototeka Urban photo's of skyscrapers, skylines, architecture and cityscapes

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 7th, 2005, 11:59 PM   #61
Christos7

Likes (Received): 2

"Men of Athens... Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery..." - Alexander I of Macedonia

(Herodotos, 9.45)
Christos7 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:02 AM   #62
Lombak

Likes (Received): 11584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poliochni
Lombak QUICKLY go back to your racist WHITE PEOPLE UBER ALLES site you were caught red handed USING, CITING and PROMOTING in this forum !!!

Oh, that WAS a classic !!!! We sure HAD FUN exposing your true colours !

Also just FOR you :

Turkey sentences Armenian writer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4319370.stm

your azzzzzzzzzzzzzz !
HAhhaaaa

AChtung Baby Achtung!!!!
Lombak no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:09 AM   #63
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos7
Indeed sad...

This is supposed to be a thread about southern cyprus but once more we have to take civilisation lessons from a person like leafy... The guy never miss the chances...
Istanbullu no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:09 AM   #64
Zorba
Stadium Fan

Quote:

Turkey sentences Armenian writer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4319370.stm
That article is disturbing. Hopefully Turkey will have free speech one day.
No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.--Nelson Mandela
Zorba no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:10 AM   #65
Poliochni

Likes (Received): 0

And yet again YOU and Lombak seem to have a "LEAFS" sensor .....That borders clinical paranoia !

And how stupid of me ... I Thought you Istanbullu were actually ignoring Leafs !!!
Poliochni no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:15 AM   #66
Lombak

Read me Zorba

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/672736.st
Greek ban on 'blasphemous' book

"Insult to our faithful": Metropolitan Kallinikos.

A judge in Greece has banned a book after it was condemned by the Greek Orthodox church because of passages about the possible sexual longings of Jesus Christ.
Judge Maria Robbi said she banned sales of the book in the north of the country to prevent outbreaks of violence, after religious zealots threatened to take action against the author and shops selling the book.

The ban applies to provinces around the northern city of Thessaloniki, where Judge Robbi's court has jurisdiction - an area that represents nearly 25% of the country.

A dark side of the Greek moon is revealed

Book's author, Mimis Androulakis
She said the ban would remain in force until 16 May, when a hearing is to be held to consider whether to halt the sale of the best-selling book "M to the Power of N", by former Communist parliamentary deputy Mimis Androulakis.

Mr Androulakis immediately condemned the judge's decision, saying it revealed "a dark side of the Greek moon".

A church spokesman, Metropolitan Kallinikos, said Mr Androulakis had no right "to insult millions of our faithful with what he has said about the leader of our faith."

The book is a series of fictional dialogues between women whose names all begin with the letter M. The central theme is misogyny in various aspects of life, including religion.

One chapter mentions a possible sexual element in the relationship between Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene, a prostitute who became a follower.

Mimis Androulakis

Nearly all political parties, literary societies and scholars have backed the author.

Development Minister Evangelos Venizelos, a leading professor of constitutional law, also questioned the court's jurisdiction to ban the book.

At a preliminary hearing on Wednesday, dozens of black robed priests and monks stormed the court house and Judge Robbi's chambers, rhythmically chanting "blasphemers" and "antichrists" at Androulakis' defence lawyer, Thomas Trikoukis, who was also attacked by some protesters.

One precedent

With one exception, publishers say they cannot recall any book being banned in Greece since the fall of the 1967-74 military dictatorship.

Two years ago, a court banned a dictionary and ordered the author to remove an insulting reference to residents of Thessaloniki.

But the supreme court overturned the ban, saying that constitutional guarantees on free speech did not allow books to be banned or censored.

Your shit smells too,you know....Sad

Last edited by Lombak; October 8th, 2005 at 12:24 AM.
Lombak no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #67
Poliochni

What Lombak ? NO "WHITE PEOPLE's SUPERIORITY" cites ?

Oh go on ! You know you want to !
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #68
Lombak

Quote:
What Lombak ? NO "WHITE PEOPLE's SUPERIORITY" cites ?

Oh go on ! You know you want to !
Hey I am in a thread with bunch of SubAfrican DNA people,do you think I will hurt their feelings?hahahhaha
Lombak no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #69
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
And yet again YOU and Lombak seem to have a "LEAFS" sensor .....That borders clinical paranoia !

And how stupid of me ... I Thought you Istanbullu were actually ignoring Leafs !!!
and you seem to have a Lombak and Istanbullu sensor!

Obviously i forgot to include him to the list...

btw i'm starting to be suspicious about you. Why always show yourself at discussions like these? and always try to protect a person like Leafy? a known troublemaker...

maybe you guys are like clark kent and superman?..

Last edited by Istanbullu; October 8th, 2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:30 AM   #70
Lombak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istanbullu
maybe you guys are like clark kent and superman?..
Or Superman and Lois Lane!

hahaha
Lombak no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #71
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

hehehe

anyway i'm leaving our Greek friends alone with their nice thread...

Hopefully we won't be taking another civilisation lesson...
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #72
Poliochni

Go masturbate and deal with your sexual frustrations in a Turkish thread ! FAr more appropriate !
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #73
Zorba
Stadium Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombak
Read me Zorba

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/672736.st
Greek ban on 'blasphemous' book

"Insult to our faithful": Metropolitan Kallinikos.

A judge in Greece has banned a book after it was condemned by the Greek Orthodox church because of passages about the possible sexual longings of Jesus Christ.
Judge Maria Robbi said she banned sales of the book in the north of the country to prevent outbreaks of violence, after religious zealots threatened to take action against the author and shops selling the book.

The ban applies to provinces around the northern city of Thessaloniki, where Judge Robbi's court has jurisdiction - an area that represents nearly 25% of the country.

A dark side of the Greek moon is revealed

Book's author, Mimis Androulakis
She said the ban would remain in force until 16 May, when a hearing is to be held to consider whether to halt the sale of the best-selling book "M to the Power of N", by former Communist parliamentary deputy Mimis Androulakis.

Mr Androulakis immediately condemned the judge's decision, saying it revealed "a dark side of the Greek moon".

A church spokesman, Metropolitan Kallinikos, said Mr Androulakis had no right "to insult millions of our faithful with what he has said about the leader of our faith."

The book is a series of fictional dialogues between women whose names all begin with the letter M. The central theme is misogyny in various aspects of life, including religion.

One chapter mentions a possible sexual element in the relationship between Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene, a prostitute who became a follower.

Mimis Androulakis

Nearly all political parties, literary societies and scholars have backed the author.

Development Minister Evangelos Venizelos, a leading professor of constitutional law, also questioned the court's jurisdiction to ban the book.

At a preliminary hearing on Wednesday, dozens of black robed priests and monks stormed the court house and Judge Robbi's chambers, rhythmically chanting "blasphemers" and "antichrists" at Androulakis' defence lawyer, Thomas Trikoukis, who was also attacked by some protesters.

One precedent

With one exception, publishers say they cannot recall any book being banned in Greece since the fall of the 1967-74 military dictatorship.

Two years ago, a court banned a dictionary and ordered the author to remove an insulting reference to residents of Thessaloniki.

But the supreme court overturned the ban, saying that constitutional guarantees on free speech did not allow books to be banned or censored.

Your shit smells too,you know....Sad
Sorry Lombak but you cant even compare. The book was only banned in Thessaloniki which means you can go to any book store in all of Greece and buy it.

On the other hand your country proved that it is not a democracy by JAILING THE AUTHOR OF A BOOK which tells the truth about an issue Turks keep trying to deny.

Do you think it was right to jail Mr. Pamuk for using freedom of speech?

The thing is I can accept that banning a book was wrong. You probably think that jailing the author was right.
There is a big difference.
No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.--Nelson Mandela
Zorba no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:39 AM   #74
Lombak

Quote:
Go masturbate and deal with your sexual frustrations in a Turkish thread ! FAr more appropriate !
OK Lois
Lombak no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:40 AM   #75
Poliochni

Watch THEM getting civilisation lessons (Even Chirac urged them to have a cultural revolution ! Hehehehehe !) from EU in the next 15 years ! HILLARIOUS !
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:42 AM   #76
Lombak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba
Sorry Lombak but you cant even compare. The book was only banned in Thessaloniki which means you can go to any book store in all of Greece and buy it.

On the other hand your country proved that it is not a democracy by JAILING THE AUTHOR OF A BOOK which tells the truth about an issue Turks keep trying to deny.

The thing is I can accept that banning a book was wrong. You probably think that jailing the author was right.
So you have a freedom of speech everywhere but Thessaloniki???
Hmmmm interesting touch!What a solution..
Lombak no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:44 AM   #77
Zorba
Stadium Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombak
So you have a freedom of speech everywhere but Thessaloniki???
Hmmmm interesting touch!What a solution..
I am just pointing out that the book was only banned in one city. I can go to a book store in Athens and buy it with no problem.

Again I think it is bad that the book was banned. But atleast we arent putting the author in jail like you guys.

So Lombak answer the question do you think it was right to jail Ohran Pamuk?
Zorba no está en línea  
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:44 AM   #78
Istanbullu
Made in Turkey

Quote:
Watch THEM getting civilisation lessons (Even Chirac urged them to have a cultural revolution ! Hehehehehe !) from EU in the next 15 years ! HILLARIOUS !
well your getting that lesson for 25 years now...

adios...
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #79
Poliochni

Well at least we did not ALMOST penalise ...ADULTERY less than a year ago !!

Heheheheheheheh !!

Very AVRUPEAN !!!!

And mind you ... it is ONLY the beginning for you ! Good laughing stock !
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #80
Lombak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba

Indivuals like you and me always know it's wrong but unfortunatly what our government does here is counts.So it's both smelly as you can see.
Lombak no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: