daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Abu Dhabi Projects > Abu Dhabi Project Development

Abu Dhabi Project Development Other projects in the capital of the UAE

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 24th, 2009, 02:24 AM   #81
Bimcnorth

Likes (Received): 0

Tickets are on sale from 30th march btw..ordered five to the tune of AED 2.500 each

That said I think there´s a possibility that they will lower prices later on, the first batch is marketed towards corporate sponsors that will invite guests etc.
Bimcnorth no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:53 AM   #82
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

Cool, heard about this today! Just hope everything will be in place by the time race day comes round!?
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #83
dubsolos1

AD is really on fast-forward mode. Track, 7 grandstands, marina, yacht club, hotel, team buildings, central tower, landscaping all by july?....damn I wish these guys would build jebel ali villas when they're finished with the track!
dubsolos1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #84
Adam2707

Likes (Received): 103

Not all of it will be done by July, just the actual track. i.e the black stuff on the road.
It needs to be done for testing purposes.

I can imaging them still doing working right up until a few days before race day.
Adam2707 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:15 PM   #85
yasislander

North Grandstands last week:

[IMG]http://i44.************/11h3ntt.jpg[/IMG]

Pit lane last week:

[IMG]http://i41.************/2hz4x29.jpg[/IMG]
yasislander no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 02:56 AM   #86
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

Thx yasislander This is looking real good IMO!
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #87
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 55

Old March 27th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #88
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Location Map

Access Yas Marina Circuit - Don’t get lost on your way to a unique Formula 1™ experience in Abu Dhabi, where we will welcome you on November 1st 2009. You will see from the map that Yas Island is located just 15 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport. A 12-lane highway connects the airport, Yas Island, Saadiyat Island and Abu Dhabi City Centre. Yas Island will host many different hotels, providing a variety of accommodation options ensuring that guests can make the most of their visit to Yas Marina Circuit.
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #89
Bimcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimcnorth View Post
Tickets are on sale from 30th march btw..ordered five to the tune of AED 2.500 each

That said I think there´s a possibility that they will lower prices later on, the first batch is marketed towards corporate sponsors that will invite guests etc.

Just wanna add that they didn´t charge me AED 12.500 but 10.000 as there´s a 20% "early bird" discount apparently.
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #90
Adam2707

Old March 28th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #91
aviduser
BANNED

2500 a ticket are they ******* KIDDING thats more that's double Bahrain, and on a par with Silverstone, **** them if they wan't that sort of money thats ******* taking the piss
aviduser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #92
Bimcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
2500 a ticket are they ******* KIDDING thats more that's double Bahrain, and on a par with Silverstone, **** them if they wan't that sort of money thats ******* taking the piss
The cheapest tickets are going for AED 1600 I think...add the "early order" discount and you´ll get away with AED 1280 which ain´t that bad for three days access.
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #93
dstamand

Likes (Received): 1

Just in from Radio-Canada: No Abu Dhabi race this year, to be replaced by Montréal Grand Prix.

In french:
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/sp...nada2009.shtml
dstamand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #94
Bimcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstamand View Post
Just in from Radio-Canada: No Abu Dhabi race this year, to be replaced by Montréal Grand Prix.

In french:
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/sp...nada2009.shtml
In their dreams...

Just because a Canadian racing mag talks about a "rumour"..

Come hell or high water the Yas Island race track will be finished on time...Money is simply no object.
Besides, Abu Dhabi got a lot more clout in these circles than Montreal as they part own Ferrari.
Old March 30th, 2009, 06:06 PM   #95
Adel

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
Bahrain Paddock and Main Grand Stand tickets are more expensive this year, the rest are cheaper.

By the way Abu Dhabi's using Bahraini chief martials to run/manage their F1 GP event.
Adel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 12:46 AM   #96
Bimcnorth

Whaddaya know..those five VIP tickets I got on pre-order thru a sponsor might be the best buy I have done so far this year

F1 fever causes top tickets to sell out
Roland Hughes

Last Updated: March 31. 2009 12:29AM UAE ABU DHABI // Two grandstands, seating about 20,000 fans, were sold out yesterday within hours of tickets for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix going on sale.

Tickets for the Formula One race on Nov 1 went on sale across the country at 10am, and queues immediately formed in malls in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The feelings of the would-be ticket holders were summed up by Steve Zehenny, 32, an oil industry manager originally from Lebanon, who bought four tickets for himself and three friends. “I am the biggest F1 fan,” he said. “I have been wanting to live this experience my whole life and I would not miss this for anything. It is the biggest event that has happened here.”

Customers looking to buy the most expensive seats in the main grandstand, along the start-finish straight, were told they were no longer available within the first hour of going on sale. A three-day pass costs Dh2,000 (US$544).

Other fans hoping to buy sought-after tickets in the west grandstand, which offers views of the longest straight section, found there were none left just before noon. Sections of each of the other three grandstands were selling out as the day went on.

A number of people were looking to buy tickets for friends or relatives travelling to the UAE just for the race. Makram el Zyr, 33, a Lebanese national working in hotel development, wanted 15 tickets in the west grandstand for himself and friends, four of whom will be travelling from Lebanon or Saudi Arabia.

Instead, he was told the limit was 10 tickets per person, and had to settle for seats in the U-shaped north stand.

What the buyers got yesterday were official receipts: the tickets themselves are expected to be distributed to them in the two or three months before the race weekend.

Because many tickets were being bought for visiting friends, Abu Dhabi Motorsport Management, the race organisers, admit the purchases made in the UAE will not truly reflect how many people from the UAE itself will be at the race. ADMM did not release figures for sales made within the country.

A number of people spoke of a variety of problems attempting to buy tickets online or over the phone.

Miguel Rocha, 49, a pilot from the Philippines, bought five tickets from the stand at Marina Mall in Abu Dhabi.

“I was online at 10am when the tickets went on sale because I wanted tickets for the main grandstand, but I couldn’t get on the website,” he said.

By the time Mr Rocha reached Marina Mall, seats in his preferred main grandstand had sold out. He instead bought tickets for the south grandstand.

Away from the sales fever, rumours of delays to the Yas Island circuit were dismissed.

Christian Tortora, a reporter with the French-language sports radio network RDS in Canada, is reported to have said during the Australian GP in Melbourne on Sunday that the Abu Dhabi circuit’s construction was facing delays and Montreal could host a race instead.

A spokesman for ADMM yesterday said: “Progress on the construction of Yas Marina Circuit is on track and there are no concerns regarding delivery deadlines.”

Aldar, the site developers, previously said the circuit would be ready by Aug 31.

[email protected]
Old March 31st, 2009, 10:47 PM   #97
Adam2707

13/03/2009

Old April 11th, 2009, 06:57 AM   #98
Chrisel

Likes (Received): 1

Photo Credits : Evert

Chrisel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #99
=NaNdA=
Liverpool holic

Likes (Received): 681

The Ferrari World looks awesome!
=NaNdA= no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #100
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Construction Update - video ( March 2009 )

http://websites.aldar.com/aldarnews/

Tags
abu dhabi, island, united arab emirates, yas island