search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Urban Spaces > Transportation

Transportation Trains, planes and automobiles.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 3rd, 2017, 12:46 PM   #1921
log0008

Likes (Received): 592

Previously unreported

Quote:
Tianjin Airlines applied 2 wkly Tianjin - Zhengzhou - Sydney from Jan 2018, 3 wkly A330
https://mobile.twitter.com/Airlinero...80622937731072

Creator of the Melbourne Development Map, covering most approved and under construction towers 100+

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/em...nbtdavEYnfFSoQ

Eco-rat liked this post
log0008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #1922
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Likes (Received): 1121

VN to increase SYD-HAN to daily:

https://en.vietnamplus.vn/vietnam-ai...hts/119533.vnp
Old October 16th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #1923
log0008

Quote:
Originally Posted by log0008 View Post
Now loaded but not available for booking:

Tianjin Airlines in the week of 15OCT17’s OAG Schedules Analyser update filed proposed schedule for Sydney route. The airline intends to operate Tianjin – Zhengzhou – Sydney service twice weekly, with first flight tentatively scheduled on 29JAN18. Proposed schedule as follow.

Reservation for this route is not available.

GS7939 TSN1310 – 1435CGO1635 – 0630+1SYD 332 15
GS7940 SYD0830 – 1625CGO1925 – 2050TSN 332 26

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...edule-in-1q18/

Quote:
Originally Posted by soorox View Post
Good to hear. Vietnam is booming right now, based on Tourism stats released today arrivals were up 50% in August, 31% over the 12 months. Outbound also very strong up 35% in August 25% over the 12 months.

Creator of the Melbourne Development Map, covering most approved and under construction towers 100+

Old October 19th, 2017, 03:35 PM   #1924
ohmoomtang

Likes (Received): 15

ohmoomtang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 02:14 AM   #1925
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Flights to Nepal possible via Malaysia in 2018:

Quote:
As far as the ASA with Australia is concerned, both parties have agreed to allow seven weekly flights with any type of aircraft, he said. The Australian government has expressed willingness to permit seven weekly flights to key cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.

It has also proposed providing unlimited flights to other destinations. Third country code-share agreement, fifth freedom traffic rights, multiple designations, free pricing and unrestricted cargo are other items proposed by Nepal in the air accord.

The government had made a request to the Australian government to sign an air service pact as Nepal Airlines wished to link Australia after acquiring two long-range Airbus A330-200s which are expected to be delivered by the first quarter of 2018.

According to a Nepal Air Traffic Analysis report prepared by Airbus in 2015, Australia is an emerging market. There were 41,000 one-way travellers between Australia and Nepal in 2014. The preferred route between Nepal and Australia is through Malaysia.

http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/n...urkey-uae.html
Old October 26th, 2017, 04:45 AM   #1926
michael_n_

Likes (Received): 538

I really can't picture Brisbane and Melbourne getting flights, it would be good for Brisbane as MH are not on the horizon just yet, but will be, KL is important and Malindo yuk stuck in a 737 for 12 hours, although they have proposed an A330. But MH are keen on BNE.

I just think Nepal is best served by Sydney only flights, but then again where they can make money. Don't forget Sri Lankan isn't coming to Sydney.
Old October 26th, 2017, 05:53 AM   #1927
MooLor

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_n_ View Post
I really can't picture Brisbane and Melbourne getting flights, it would be good for Brisbane as MH are not on the horizon just yet, but will be, KL is important and Malindo yuk stuck in a 737 for 12 hours, although they have proposed an A330. But MH are keen on BNE.

I just think Nepal is best served by Sydney only flights, but then again where they can make money. Don't forget Sri Lankan isn't coming to Sydney.
With these ... non mainstream destinations I think it is mostly about where expats from those places reside in Australia - like how BNE gets a lot of flights from Taiwan - and where the airline can get favourable slots / terms.

They choose a hub and I suppose hope people from other cities will connect there. I wonder how successful that is?

Out of curiosity I'd love to know the origin breakdown of other one-city airlines departing Australia. Say Royal Brunei, Cebu Pacific and Sri Lankan. The first two offer cheap fares, but add on a domestic connection and I doubt many from outside VIC / TAS bother with BI - there are plenty other options unless you happen to actually be going to Brunei or Borneo. 5J out of SYD probably does OK with interstate connection O&D traffic, there are Filipinos everywhere. And who knows how UL will go - Sri Lankans in cities other than MEL have other fully-international one-stop options on very good airlines. I suppose UL could do well with VIC-based mainland Indians if the price is right.

So, where do all the Nepalese reside in Australia? Cannot say I've heard of a community of them in Sydney. Doesn't mean there isn't one.

Maybe OOL is an option, for the Northern NSW hippies?

Ah, here you go:
Quote:
Geographic Distribution
The latest Census in 2011 recorded 24 636 Nepal-born people in Australia, an increase of 439.6 per cent from the 2006 Census. The 2011 distribution by state and territory showed New South Wales had the largest number with 15 297 followed by Victoria (4310), Queensland (2138) and South Australia (1038).
https://www.dss.gov.au/our-responsib...born-community
MooLor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 06:14 AM   #1928
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooLor View Post
With these ... non mainstream destinations I think it is mostly about where expats from those places reside in Australia - like how BNE gets a lot of flights from Taiwan - and where the airline can get favourable slots / terms.

They choose a hub and I suppose hope people from other cities will connect there. I wonder how successful that is?

Out of curiosity I'd love to know the origin breakdown of other one-city airlines departing Australia. Say Royal Brunei, Cebu Pacific and Sri Lankan. The first two offer cheap fares, but add on a domestic connection and I doubt many from outside VIC / TAS bother with BI - there are plenty other options unless you happen to actually be going to Brunei or Borneo. 5J out of SYD probably does OK with interstate connection O&D traffic, there are Filipinos everywhere. And who knows how UL will go - Sri Lankans in cities other than MEL have other fully-international one-stop options on very good airlines. I suppose UL could do well with VIC-based mainland Indians if the price is right.
UL is mainly targeting VFR, O&D and Indian/Maldives connecting traffic. They have started to optimise connections for the Indian flights to meet with the MEL flights. Will depend how cheap it is I guess, the Sri Lankan market is very price sensitive, however if it is only a little more they will go direct with UL, many migrants prefer to fly with their home carrier - this includes domestic connections like SYD based pax connecting in MEL, mainly these flights would be offered by travel agents, who many Sri Lankans are still heavily reliant on.

I guess with UL being in OW, they could be an attractive option to fly to India.

Though if Nepal Airlines is planning a stop in Malaysia, I don't think the flights will be very attractive at all for connecting domestic pax.
Old October 27th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #1929
MooLor

Likes (Received): 17

^ Thanks for that soorox. I tend to forget people still use travel agents, and can be oblivious to their routing. But I didn't bat an eye back when our corporate agency routed me thru MEL when MH were still doing a triangular route - and flying 747 down here.

Yeah, that was a while ago.

I am only familiar with one "ethnic" community. And yes, they by and large use agents and stick to their home carrier - for the food, language and culture, and national pride. Only the longer term expats shop around.

Haha, there's a bunch of foreign Av geeks somewhere right now saying the same thing about Aussies and QF.

Is Nepal Air planning on a one-stop via KL? I didn't read much more than the headline - assumed that 'preference' referred to the current situation. I don't think anyone would 'prefer' to go via KL on an obscure little airline, they would surely go with a known brand in that case. Unless OLA is quite a bit cheaper.

Except for those expats, and travel-agent customers.
MooLor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:51 AM   #1930
log0008

Time for another Chinese Route - Seems seasonal at this stage

Quote:
Hainan Airlines last week opened reservation for additional new route to Australia, where the airline schedules Haikou – Sydney nonstop flight. From 30JAN18 to 24MAR18, Airbus A330-300 aircraft will operate this route twice a week.

HU447 HAK1850 – 0715+1SYD 333 27
HU448 SYD0915 – 1555HAK 333 13

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...aunch-in-1q18/

Tags
mandurahboyz