daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Transportation and Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 89 votes, 5.00 average.
Old March 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #1
FK
Retired

Likes (Received): 1218

PAKISTAN | The Automobile Industry (PART II)

Alright so what cars do you like, or would like to buy?

I have an Alto back in Karachi, small car though .. but pretty fast!

Over here in Toronto i dont have a car yet, TTC ! BUT! I plan to buy one next year .. and this is what i'm buying ;

Dodge Ram 05' ;

It is HUGE!
FK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 19th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #2
B@dGuYoM
Funk Master

Likes (Received): 1

yes i like a lot
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:34 AM   #3
tata
there's no free lunch

Likes (Received): 2

How about Range Rover Sport?

More pics: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=193150

Bus Rapid Transportation Database, BRT Part 1, BRT Part 2
tata no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2005, 04:52 AM   #4
Marshal
BANNED

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FahadKhan
Alright so what cars do you like, or would like to buy?

I have an Alto back in Karachi, small car though .. but pretty fast!

Over here in Toronto i dont have a car yet, TTC ! BUT! I plan to buy one next year .. and this is what i'm buying ;

Dodge Ram 05' ;

It is HUGE!
Gas guzzlerrr
Marshal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 04:43 AM   #5
Aryan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Right, time to separate the men from the boys:

Austin Martin Vanquish.

Cars don't get better than this...
Aryan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2005, 10:04 PM   #6
FK
Retired

Likes (Received): 1218

FK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2005, 12:35 AM   #7
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 327

Mods, this topic should be shifted to the subforum GUP SHUP.
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:38 AM   #8
zees
My Love ♥ My Karachi

Likes (Received): 230

The Automobile Industry (PART II)

The country's only home grown automotive firm, the Adam Motor Company, says the first vehicle will be unveiled in early April and until then the car's name is a secret.

It has however been tested both at Adam's Bin Qasim plant and on the road.

Chief executive Feroz Khan claimed it had already completed a 24,000 mile test.

"Initially it was driven from Karachi to Ormara in 43 degree celsius and then from Karachi to Peshawar once via Lahore and Islamabad and finally to Quetta thrice. It has proved successful."

Adam are promising two models in the 'economy' 800 to 1,000ccc range.

So far the company have only manufactured marketed jeeps and trucks in the home market. Khan is upbeat about the car's chances insisting: "Customers will get much more than their expectations."

The new Pak motor is certainly facing stiff competition.

Suzuki was the first, and is still the market leader, followed by Toyota, which owns Indus Motors (Pakistani firm), Honda and more recently Daihatsu and Hyundai. The Chinese are also threatening to build plants on Pakistani soil.

On top of this, protection for the Pakistani car industry under Word Trade Organisation rules comes to an end this year. The Government have applied for an extension to the protection but, Pakistan's 'friend', the Bush government, have opposed this.

The new all-Pakistan car will really have to get motoring to beat these obstacles. But, at least, Pakistan can boast it has one thing that Britain has not got, a car industry of its own!

http://www.adammotor.com/

Last edited by zees; April 6th, 2005 at 01:10 PM.
zees no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:33 PM   #9
HasanB

Likes (Received): 47

Interesting stuff .. i hadnt heard about this at all ...

Interiors

HasanB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 06:19 AM   #10
zees
My Love ♥ My Karachi

German Auto Company to establish manufacturing plant in Pakistan

Germany’s Renault and Volkswagon companies are planning to establish car-manufacturing plants in Pakistan.

In this connection a delegation from Pakistan would visit Germany in September. The representatives of the Renault and Volkswagon companies expressed interest in the formation of car manufacturing plants in Pakistan during their visit last week.

The companies with their operations in Pakistan want to meet the demands not only in the country but also in the entire region. Meanwhile other German car manufacturing companies like Bosch and Lego are also planning to start joint investment with Pakistani companies to increase their sales and production.

Chairman of the Skill Development and Technology Upgradation Company Lahore Almas Hyder says that to analyze the Pakistani markets the government of Germany is also encouraging its car manufacturing companies.
Old April 21st, 2005, 07:15 AM   #11
huit

Likes (Received): 181

^ could you please provide the link to the article.
huit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 08:19 AM   #12
HasanB

Likes (Received): 47

Renault is a french car manufacturing firm isnt it ...

HasanB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:10 AM   #13
zees
My Love ♥ My Karachi

http://www.geo.tv/main_files/business.aspx?id=74198
Old April 23rd, 2005, 11:22 AM   #14
Khanabadosh

Likes (Received): 10

Renault is French automobile company.
Khanabadosh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #15
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 409

Auto vendor industry invests Rs5-6bn

Auto vendor industry invests Rs5-6bn

By Aamir Shafaat Khan

KARACHI, April 21: The auto vendor industry has so far invested Rs5-6 billion during the current fiscal year, besides opening 25 per cent new job avenues. The total investment till the fiscal year 2003-04 stood at Rs70 billion, while over 160,000 persons were involved in the industry.

“So far everything is going smoothly in the auto vendor industry and more investments and jobs will be created in the coming years as long as the assembling industries flourish and the government continues with its current policies,” Pakistan Association of Automotive Parts and Accessories Manufacturers (Paapam) Chairman Mehdi Ali Rizvi told Dawn on Thursday.

Paapam members are concerned about the liberal imports of used cars, otherwise they do not feel threatened over the import of cars in completely built up (CBU) conditions, he says.

“The ban on import of reconditioned vehicles must continue for all categories. Commercial importers are misusing the window for overseas Pakistanis that are directly hitting the volumes of local industry. This must be discontinued,” he added.

Second-hand vehicles are currently imported through transfer of residence and gift scheme. Besides, customs duty on such vehicles should also be enhanced, he said.

“Paapam’s concerns should be addressed by the cabinet before taking any decision, including issues like opening of import of reconditioned cars, reduction in CBU duties, etc,” Mr Mehdi said.

The association has over 250 members, but total vendors in the country are estimated at 850. It provides over Rs8 billion to the national kitty.

“No new vendors have emerged in the country. The existing members have made huge expansion in their businesses since demand and production in the entire auto sector have escalated,” the Paapam chief claimed, adding that vendors had multiplied their production capacities three times in the last two to three years.

Meanwhile, Paapam has suggested various proposals for the upcoming budget and trade policy. It has urged the government to maintain 35 per cent customs duty on imports all commercial auto parts across the board.

The association pointed out that massive under-invoicing on imports was providing undue advantage to the importers

and retarding direct local business for the auto parts manufacturers.

“Besides, auto parts should not be included in the Afghan Transit Trade.” (Auto parts are currently in the negative list).

On rising steel and plastic items prices, Paapam has suggested that all inputs to Pakistan Steel should be allowed to be imported at zero rate of duty. “Rerollable scrap and pig iron should be allowed at zero rate of duty. All steel whether in coils, flats or round should be importable at five per cent if not made in Pakistan; if made in Pakistan it should be allowed at 10 per cent of customs duty,” the association demanded.

It suggested that all plastic inputs for the engineering industry should be importable at zero rates. Paapam has called for a cut in sales tax rate to 12.5 per cent from 15 per cent, besides strict implementation and imposition of GST at auto parts retail stage. “All items on which sales tax is paid by the industry should be adjustable by input tax. This will enhance the value-added tax culture,” it added.

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 06:44 AM   #16
zees
My Love ♥ My Karachi

National branded Car Designed For The Pakistani family LAUNCHED

Introducing REVO - the small car that is Big on Value. The REVO is set to take over the roads of Pakistan with its low acquisition and running costs, superior design and stylishly killer looks.

REVO
is here

PRICES STARTING AT
Rs.2,69,000

MADE BY:
ADAM MOTOR COMPANY LTD.

Dealers
Our nationwide dealer network is here to provide you with excellent After-Sales service. For detailed information on any of our products please feel free to contact your nearest dealer or us directly.

Karachi Adam Motors Central
6, Caesars Towers,
Sharah -e- Faisal,
Karachi.
Phone (+92-21) 2792656-7
Fax (+92-21) 2792658
Email adamcentral@cyber.net.pk
Web adammotors.com for more information
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:13 AM   #17
zees
My Love ♥ My Karachi

The Automobile Industry (PART II)

French Renault has planned to introduce Renault Logan in the Pakistani market by establishing a 40-million-euro assembling plant of Logan cars in the country, with the production capacity of 15,000 automobiles per year.

A French auto business delegation, currently on a visit to Pakistan to explore opportunities to invest in Pakistan, revealed this at a meeting with Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh, federal minister for privatisation and investment, on Tuesday, said an official statement.

The delegation comprising Luc-Alexandre Menard, senior vice-president international division Renault, Sylvain Bilaine, designate representative of Renault plant in Pakistan accompanied by Francoise Maylie, deputy head of French Mission to Pakistan, appreciated the economic and investment policies of Pakistan.

They said the planned project would attract 40 million euros’ investment and create 600 job opportunities, which would increase the worldwide production of Logan cars to 1.2 million by the year 2010. The delegates said the French auto giant was interested in creating a pole of excellence, allowing the export of car components from Pakistan to all Renault factories related to that particular type of vehicle.

The Renault officials appreciated the economic and investment policies of Pakistan and said the enhanced relations with India was a new and historic chapter towards progress and stability in the South Asia region.

Earlier, the federal minister briefed the French delegates, saying that Pakistan was trying hard to promote and strengthen its relations with France. He said there was a lot of scope for French business groups to invest in various sectors of the economy, particularly in the automobile industry.

“Our domestic production has increased and we were experiencing a shortage while the companies engaged in the sector were making huge mark-up,” the statement quoted him as saying.
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:23 AM   #18
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 327

I would request people cutting and pasting from other sources, to please link to them. Again.
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2005, 11:39 AM   #19
Rkhan

Likes (Received): 1571

I think the other one beside VW is AUdi not Renault. Renault is a french company but is also planning to invest in pakistan.
Rkhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2005, 12:25 AM   #20
waqar
sher-e-lahore

Likes (Received): 19

Mercedes cars will be produced in Pakistan!

DUBAI - Coastal Group of UAE and Daimler Chrysler of Germany have plans to invest around $3 billion in hydel power generation and automobile sector to produce Mercedes Benz cars and trucks in Pakistan. This would be the ever biggest foreign investment in the history of Pakistan.

As many as $2 billion will be invested in hydel power generation to overcome power shortage in Pakistan while approximately $1 billion will be poured in automobile sector of the country to set up a production plant for Mercedes Benz cars and trucks, sources revealed it to Khaleej Times yesterday.
In this connection, a six member delegation of M/s Daimler Chrysler of Germany and Coastal Group of UAE yesterday held a meeting with Pakistani Minister of State for Privatisation & Investment Umar Ahmad Ghuman in Islamabad and discussed the business opportunities.
The business group which discussed the business plans comprises chairman Coastal Group of UAE Yusuf Najibi, senior vice-president Daimler Chrysler Peter Grosch, SVP Daimler Chrysler Martin Daum, SVP ZF Friedrichshafen AG Dr. Thomas Hegel, Head of ZF Friedrichshafen Hans P. Transmission, Chairman & CEO FFG Flensburg AG Norbert Erichsen. Other senior officials of BoI also attended the meeting.
As per details, the group will produce trucks for defence forces during the first phase and set up a production line for two new economical models of Mercedes Benz cars in addition to constructing the tallest high-rise “international commercial city” for offices and show rooms for MNCs. However, in the second phase, they will start manufacturing commercial trucks.
According to the sources, the group was persuaded to come to Pakistan by the Pakistan Minister of State for Privatisation & Investment Umar Ahmad Ghuman who held series of formal and informal discussions with the top management of the group.
Assuring full cooperation on behalf of Government of Pakistan as well as the Board of Investment (BoI), the minister pointed out that the presence of more than 600 foreign companies in Pakistan, out of which 300 are MNCs and the return on equity which ranges from 30 per cent to 40 per cent that proves that Pakistan is a place where business environment is conducive.
He further informed the group that no foreign company in Pakistan has gone back because of losses.
"Pakistan is a gateway to Central Asian Republics and offer tremendous opportunities to make it a hub for export," he maintained.
"With the gradual improvement of law and order situation in Afghanistan, lucrative opportunities of export will be available to foreign investors to reach the European markets. The investment policy of Pakistan is liberal as compare to any country of the region," the minister concluded.

AUDI is coming to Pakistan
Well its official, now as Porsche has announcd they will be coming to Pakistan, it seems that AUDI has also officially decided to enter the country. They recently just lauched in India, and timing i suppose suggested to enter Pakistan now too. The offical agent for Pakistan is company based in Karachi, and they are now setting up their shop. I know they are hiring so maybe something one should look into. AUDI is part of VW, so i guess VW is next with these guys!

Initially they will start with the following models:

A4 1.8T
A4 2.0
A6 2.4
A6 3.2 FSI
A8 3.2 FSI
A8 4.2 FSI quattro

I think after that they will go further into the:

A3 1.6 -1.8T range
RS4 4.2 V10 450bhp
RS6 4.2 V10 550bhp
Etc

The question will be the price, but I am sure they will do the same as in India,to be lower than MB and BMW
waqar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: