SkyscraperCity Forum banner

What amenities are a must-have in an apartment building?

• Swimming pool

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Gym

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Carparking

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Supermarket

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Sauna

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Skydeck/viewpoint

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Central lobby

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Concierge

Votes: 8 29.6%

Which amenaties should your apartmentbuilding definitely have?

18K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Suburbanist 
#1 ·
Well, the question is self explanatory.

#10 ·
Everything on that list would be a great thing to have in the building!!

I probably wouldn't use the concierge often, but I wouldn't be bugged by them being there.

However, ultimately the only thing that for me are MUST haves- is the skydeck/outdoor space and central lobby.

ironically my building now already has many of those amenities. EXCEPT the central lobby. and we do not have a skydeck etc. although there is a large courtyard (unfortunately shaded).

#12 ·
My absolute must is not on the list, it's laundromat. Everything else I can do without.

#17 ·
Is supermarket a building-specific amenity like the others? I don't consider it so, as if it exists, it likely serves the external public as well.

I think for people who live alone having building-specific (or wing-specific in the case of very large buildings) laundromat is sometimes a sought-after amenity because it relives you from the cost and hassle of doing your laundry at home (and the space it takes) while also allowing you not to have to kill time waiting it get done elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.