daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #81
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Likes (Received): 395

Personally I'm more or less neutral towards it. Of the buildings that have been WTB I like it more than the old WTC, but that's about it. It's height and engineering is impressive, but I still have to admit there is something about the design that I feel is better executed in other scrapers, without being quite able to put my finger on it. (And I generally don't care about surroundings, so that isn't it.)

A bureaucrat is a device for turning coffee into frustration.
Spearman no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old March 19th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #82
FNNG

Likes (Received): 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGurt View Post
There are lots of other great ways to make for living.

Sure, Burj Khalifa is more insane.
Have you ever interested how to evacuate from the last floors of Burj Khalifa
in case if it catches a fire? Lifts will be blocked. It has special rooms on some floors to evacuate: people will be staying in the building during the fire - it is insane.
Maybe they should prepare a parachute in tall building... just in case.... seriously... this is my idea....

Quote:
Taiwan is China. This is UNO position.
I visited China mainland and the difference is not huge.
haha it depends which part of mainland china, Taiwan is a developed country. More developed if compare to some part of Europe. You mentioned taiwan smell bad and have lots of dirt? haha, have you really been to taiwan? Well, personally, i think taiwan is kinda clean, they follow Japan instead of China. If you do abit research (not asking much but just a little bit) you will know taiwan and china is actually totally different country.

You may criticised Asia, but i dont see Europe is anywhere better now. I live in London, yeap its an ok city. But some part of Europe? Spain?Portugal?Italy?Francce? kinda lot of bagger around the city and lots of snatcher in tourist area.

You may say Asia looks cheap or their standard of life is lower than europe country. I personally think its depend on your lifestyle. you may see Asia kinda mess, but even though its mess, it still have everything that they need.

If you criticised Taiwan for its dirt and smell, Seriously i advise you to go some part of Europe, their train got urine smell and lots of graffiti. I've been to taiwan, they really maintain their public transport well, they HATE ppl eat/drink in MRT and their public transport is nice and convenient. I seriously wanted to know where are you from, and see if your country are more develop them taiwan.
FNNG no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #83
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 78

I love T101.
CrazyDave no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #84
SkyGurt
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandax View Post
I suggest you read more about the history of the place and as far as i'm concern, an independent nation should have the following criteria;
Don't worry about my history knowledge. Taiwan is part of China mainland, you may debate with United Nations, but I will accept what they say, not you.
The full name of Taiwan is The Republic of China (ROC).

Quote:
I lived in Japan for 6 months and visited Seoul twice for vacation and i can tell you the difference is not that big, just that Japan is a lot more expensive than Taiwan and South Korea.
It doesn't matter expensive or not. The difference is huge when it comes to nice street, good smell and nice rocks (without tombs).

Quote:
Really? If so you didn't learn and enjoy much from it especially respecting the people, language and its culture.
So respecting the people means that I shouldn't tell the truth, right?
Nice.....

Quote:
In fact it seems to me that you are very immature, ignorant and the biggest troll here on this thread so i will not be wasting my time responding to any of your posts from now on.
Ah, respectful Taiwanese... whatever...
SkyGurt no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:51 AM   #85
SkyGurt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNNG View Post
Maybe they should prepare a parachute in tall building... just in case.... seriously... this is my idea....
So you are suggesting that they should have some flying training before check-in?

Quote:
haha it depends which part of mainland china, Taiwan is a developed country. More developed if compare to some part of Europe. You mentioned taiwan smell bad and have lots of dirt? haha, have you really been to taiwan? Well, personally, i think taiwan is kinda clean, they follow Japan instead of China. If you do abit research (not asking much but just a little bit) you will know taiwan and china is actually totally different country.
Mate, I visited Taiwan. I'm not debating whether it is developed or not.
It is not clean and lots of stuff which scared me.
My favorite countries in Asia are Japan, South Korea and Malaysia.
Maybe Malaysia is not so clean in big cities, but it has lots of great stuff to explore and, yes, it is much better compare to Taiwan.

Quote:
You may criticised Asia, but i dont see Europe is anywhere better now. I live in London, yeap its an ok city. But some part of Europe? Spain?Portugal?Italy?Francce? kinda lot of bagger around the city and lots of snatcher in tourist area.
Who on Earth said that I criticized the whole Asia? Ridiculous.
I love some places in Asia and I don't like too much Spain and Italy.
If you want to see Europe, come to Czech Republic, Croatia, Poland.
Fly to Turkey and see how fast they are growing.

Quote:
You may say Asia looks cheap or their standard of life is lower than europe country. I personally think its depend on your lifestyle. you may see Asia kinda mess, but even though its mess, it still have everything that they need.
I didn't say that. Some places in Asia are very expensive.

Quote:
If you criticised Taiwan for its dirt and smell, Seriously i advise you to go some part of Europe, their train got urine smell and lots of graffiti. I've been to taiwan, they really maintain their public transport well, they HATE ppl eat/drink in MRT and their public transport is nice and convenient. I seriously wanted to know where are you from, and see if your country are more develop them taiwan.
Overall almost every country in Europe is nice, but yes, maybe having some bad places.
Taiwan is overall is not nice.
I have visited Taipei, Banciao, Taichung, Chiayai, Tainan, Kaohsiung and some other places. Taiwan has Chinese culture and it is not closer to Japan.
Just for info: I have visited Shanghai and Hong Kong also. I know what I'm talking about.
SkyGurt no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #86
SkyGurt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sursena View Post
Where are you from? Ukraine??? Man, you are Asian. Stop talking about europe
Or really? Do you want to say something bad about Asians?
Brazil??? Gangster Paradise? Drugs? Sluts? Slums? Stop telling me what I need to do if you don't want me to point you where you should go

Last edited by SkyGurt; March 19th, 2013 at 03:07 AM.
SkyGurt no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #87
red_eagle_1982
frustrated architect

Likes (Received): 52

Love it or hate it, it defines Taipei.
red_eagle_1982 no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #88
FNNG

Quote:
Don't worry about my history knowledge. Taiwan is part of China mainland, you may debate with United Nations, but I will accept what they say, not you.
The full name of Taiwan is The Republic of China (ROC).
Seriously...the word china in The Republic of China does not means Taiwan is part of China. Well, I am chinese and althought i am not from Taiwan, but as a Chines, I know Taiwan is not part of China while Hong Kong is.

Quote:
So you are suggesting that they should have some flying training before check-in?

Mate, I visited Taiwan. I'm not debating whether it is developed or not.
It is not clean and lots of stuff which scared me.
My favorite countries in Asia are Japan, South Korea and Malaysia.
Maybe Malaysia is not so clean in big cities, but it has lots of great stuff to explore and, yes, it is much better compare to Taiwan.
haha, but at least if there is an emergency, ppl still got chance to survive, remember the 911? lots of ppl jump down and die straight away... sad case.

Well thanks for liking my country, I am a Malaysian.
I respect your opinion, its just that for me, taiwan is a well developed country. The ppl there are civilised and their infrastructure are well developed.
FNNG no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #89
SkyGurt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNNG View Post
Seriously...the word china in The Republic of China does not means Taiwan is part of China. Well, I am chinese and althought i am not from Taiwan, but as a Chines, I know Taiwan is not part of China while Hong Kong is.
Your opinion vs UN opinion. Nice. I'm out of this debate.

Quote:
haha, but at least if there is an emergency, ppl still got chance to survive, remember the 911? lots of ppl jump down and die straight away... sad case.
Right, but I didn't defend US office buildings. I still think that low-floor style for human beings was designed by nature. If you visited New Zealand or Australia, you know what I mean.

Quote:
Well thanks for liking my country, I am a Malaysian.
Welcome. I visited Malaysia more than 10 times. Peanang is very nice and developed. Lots of posh condos.
Islands like Langkawi, Tiomand and Redang are awesome.

Quote:
I respect your opinion, its just that for me, taiwan is a well developed country. The ppl there are civilised and their infrastructure are well developed.
Okay, I don't want to debate this anymore.
SkyGurt no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #90
Tandax

Likes (Received): 447

Quote:
Or really? Do you want to say something bad about Asians?
Brazil??? Gangster Paradise? Drugs? Sluts? Slums? Stop telling me what I need to do if you don't want me to point you where you should go
Have a cry;

Old March 19th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #91
FNNG

Quote:
Your opinion vs UN opinion. Nice. I'm out of this debate.
Taiwan sovereignty is always a sensitive issue. The reason why UN did not mention anything about taiwan own sovereignty is because China has a veto power in UN and China wanted to claim Taiwan as part of china. But the truth is, for now China has no power/any control over Taiwan (unlike hong kong) and one interesting fact is Taiwan missile is facing to China while China missile also facing Taiwan.

Tandax, haikiller11 liked this post
FNNG no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #92
SkyGurt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandax View Post
Have a cry;
Thanks, mate, for letting me know more about people from your country. Very polite guys

As for Brazilians, I think they goes behind many Asian cities in development rating - just the truth.
SkyGurt no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #93
Sarcasticity
Lost in the Big Apple

Likes (Received): 71

I see the comments have nothing to do with Taipei 101 from second page on.

I like the design, but frankly, green is never a good look for a building, especially this size and height

Filipino working in NYC
Sarcasticity no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #94
haikiller11
射鵰英雄

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Better than Taiwan, Romania or Thai??? It's incomparable!!!
Yes, it is far much better. You data of income per capital are not realistic because lots of underreported and we have some issues how companies report production. It is hard to understand until you visit.
We have lots of issues with correct statistics since Soviet Union, but, I' sorry, we produce space rockets, airplanes (including the largest in the world Antonov 225), our own high speed trains and a lots of stuff. Also GDP doesn't show a lot of stuff. If you have low prices in your country, GDP will be lower.

Just for info, it was estimated that at least 10% of Thai GDP comes from "indulge western guys" industry.

So, and you are from Indonesia, right? I've been there.

Ukraine is better than Taiwan??? Please! you pathetic rightwing prick!
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #95
SkyGurt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haikiller11 View Post
Ukraine is better than Taiwan??? Please! you pathetic rightwing prick!
Mate, I understand the problem you have with your eyes.
But for you better to come and see as I come to Taiwan and saw everything with my eyes. We have topics on this forum, you may explore:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...337311&page=30

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1499705

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1451009

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...252299&page=55
SkyGurt no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #96
SkyGurt
BANNED

Taiwan or Ukraine??? Very funny!!!

Taiwan. On this picture you see how 99% of Taiwan looks like.
They have nice small downtown in Taipei with the tower, the rest - is this picture.

-

Ukraine

_
-
_
_
_
-
_
_
_
-
_
_

Taiwan

-

Ukraine

_
-
_
_
-
_
_
_
-
_
_
_
Taiwan

-

Ukraine

Ukraine

Ukraine

-
_
-
_
_

-

Bonus, BRAZILLL!

LOL!!! Be guys sure that you know enough about this World, not just googling for underreported GDP

Last edited by SkyGurt; March 19th, 2013 at 06:03 AM.
SkyGurt no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #97
Xtartrex
Your nemesis

Likes (Received): 974

Since a war started here about who is who, I feel more comfortable with Ukraine, given its nature and people, unlike Taiwan where there are thousands of remnants of what you see in China in a daily basis, no offense here, just the facts, I live in China, been to Taiwan as well, not significantly different, one thing I dislike about the taiwanese culture is how they want to be accepted as westerners, which they are not, you might brag about Facebook, Youtube, some comodities and that shit, as an American I don't see how that will make you a westerner.

Cheers everyone, don't fight over a piece of cake, there's plenty for everyone.

Through my lense

SkyGurt liked this post

Last edited by Xtartrex; March 19th, 2013 at 08:35 AM.
Xtartrex no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #98
guy4versa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 656

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post

You do not need to hate a person just because he/she is ugly.
well said
guy4versa no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #99
SkyGurt
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtartrex View Post
Since a war started here about who is who, I feel more comfortable with Ukraine, given its nature and people, unlike Taiwan where there are thousands of remnants of what you see in China in a daily basis, no offense here, just the facts, I live in China, been to Taiwan as well, not significantly different, one thing I dislike about the taiwanese culture is how they want to be accepted as westerners, which they are not, you might brag about Facebook, Youtube, some comodities and that shit, as an American I don't see how that will make you a westerner.

Cheers everyone, don't fight over a piece of cake, there's plenty for everyone.
Thanks, Ukraine respects China and its territories.
Also Chinese invest a lot in Ukrainian agriculture, because we have lots of fertile land (1/3 of world black soil, in fact).
SkyGurt no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #100
Yellow Fever
I'm a mean son of a gun

Likes (Received): 16482

after 5 long pages of the discussion, I think its time to say good night, 101.
When your loved ones abandon you, no one will pity you.
When you have not accomplished anything by the time you are 35, no one will pity you.
Go big, or go home. Otherwise, you’re wasting your youth.

Jack Ma, the richest man in China

Highcliff liked this post
Yellow Fever no está en línea  

Closed Thread