daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:22 AM   #3241
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

It's better than most bases I've seen.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:35 AM   #3242
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man

Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB View Post
If they kept the superblock, then there wouldn't have been a need for a base that ugly.
I don't know if keeping the superblock would have prevented them from putting a supposed "bomb proof" base on this building, (which i personally thought was a bunch BS when the question was brought by the NYPD)

One would have to be a complete idiot to think the same thing would happen again at the same location, the Japanese did not attack Pearl Harbor twice.

Not only that, why don't towers 2, 3, and 4, have "bomb proof" bases as well.....????? Seems to me if a bomb were detonated at the base of these buildings the glass alone would kill hundreds of people.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 03:20 PM   #3243
Daquan13
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB View Post
If they kept the superblock, then there wouldn't have been a need for a base that ugly.

TalB, will you please keep your insulting comments to yourself? The superblock was broken up for obvious reasons, and you know it! To put the side streets back through Ground Zero as they once were before the former WTC was built.

If you've got nothing constructive to say about the tower, then stay the hell away from here!!

You've no right calling ANY PART of the Freedom Tower ugly!! You're whining ranting about why the former towers aren't being rebuilt, yet you're bashing almost every Freedom Tower thread with insults and name calling toward the tower. That's so not fair!

I'm really so fed up, sick and so tired of your constant negative talk against the tower! You don't want us calling the Twins ugly, so don't come here calling the Freedom Tower ugly. And you don't want us bashing that thread that you restarted, so don't come over here spreading any more of your extreme hatred on the tower. It's really goddamn aggravating, not to mention annoying!

If you think or feel that you must do that and start flipping out because the tower is being built, then please, stay over there and do it in that controversial & precious thread of yours that you've so happily and rapidly restarted. The one where YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE BASHING THE TWINS IN. The one where some of us will not even READ, much less post in.

nygirl is right.!!! You're just a controversial self-centered greedy spoiled and selfish little boy who goes around having temper tantrums in OUR threads - the Freedopm Tower threads and thinks that he has the right to condem the Freedom Tower and then poke every Freedom Tower thread with this ridiculous hatred and scorn and for ranting & raving about wanting the Twins back!! Yet you want to hog the limelight and spread all those ridiculous posts about the Twins possibly being built, everywhere!

Soon as someone says something about the Twins that's not to your liking, you imediately start accusing them of personally attacking you with insults. Enough already. Stop the abuse and stop the bullcrap.

Mark my words, you WILL be called out every time that you do this crap in this or any of the other Freedom Tower threads!!

For God's sakes, will you please grow up and dry up your tears?!

And for the last time, those two towers are NOT coming back!! No matter how much you try to complain them back into existance. Get over it! Deal with it!

Enough is enough! Any more of this constant toxic abuse from you in ANY of the Freedom Tower threads, and I will seek to have you banned or suspended from the forum!!!

Last edited by Daquan13; November 30th, 2007 at 10:06 AM.
Daquan13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:12 PM   #3244
ElVoltageDR
Happy to be here

Likes (Received): 59

7 WTC has a bomb proof base too right? It looks pretty good to me. And the FT's base isn't that bad either, I'm thinking that it will be similar to 7 WTC's base.
ElVoltageDR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 05:05 PM   #3245
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1272

I think that it will turn out much more nicely than we expect it......pls go back to the time when the original WTC design was unveiled....people were also disappoint about it....but hey they became a such icon that it get destroyed....i dont want to critize now anything....we can see that the twins growed on the people, so why shouldnt it be the same with theese tower/s this/ theese are looking much better than that what was there......and the bomb proof base was redesigned to look more open.....before it was only a concrete block, what we could see in previos renders....IMO Silverstein and his team is doing the best they can....and who has ever thought thar they will build there 4 supertalls in the same time on GZ....noone...so all in all IMO this complex will turn out really nicely....
Old November 22nd, 2007, 06:41 PM   #3246
Daquan13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVoltageDR View Post
7 WTC has a bomb proof base too right? It looks pretty good to me. And the FT's base isn't that bad either, I'm thinking that it will be similar to 7 WTC's base.

I a way, yes, both bases ARE similar, other than these instances;

1. The base on 7 WTC is 80 ft. tall and it was put there mainly to house the six monster tranformers for the ConEd substation. Security wasn't an issue then.

2. The base on the Freedom Tower will have a 187-ft height down from 200 ft.. It will also feature a glass facade to hide the concrete walls and the giant steel beams will show though it.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:56 AM   #3247
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man

Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVoltageDR View Post
I agree, when the base of Tower one is completed, it might prove impressive...!!!

And Tower seven has a pretty decent base also,.........
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:44 PM   #3248
sunshine_121

Likes (Received): 3

Freedom tower is going to look far better than the renders when its complete!
sunshine_121 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2007, 04:15 PM   #3249
Daquan13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_121 View Post
Freedom tower is going to look far better than the renders when its complete!

Yes!! It will!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:03 PM   #3250
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICONLA1 View Post
Not only that, why don't towers 2, 3, and 4, have "bomb proof" bases as well.....????? Seems to me if a bomb were detonated at the base of these buildings the glass alone would kill hundreds of people.
The fact that streets would be crossing through gives the assumption for a car or truck bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13
That is just an ugly vicious rumor that got started from oppossing developers who never wanted the tower to be built in thew first place. But they'll get over it.

Why wasn't it put in the papers? Why wasn't it on the news?
Not every news like this is pro-Towers just b/c it speaks of another design debate like the one the NY Sun just had.
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #3251
abc

Likes (Received): 317

You can see the web cameras on top of the hilton.

abc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:50 AM   #3252
BrooklynNYC

Likes (Received): 7

Oh wow, a picture showing cameras. You can really see the WTC construction progress in that.
BrooklynNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #3253
sunshine_121

Its been ages since any pics have been posted, apart from the camera`s on top of the hilton.....
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #3254
abc

Likes (Received): 317

What part of the memorial will look like.

These were taken on the 5th.. the cranes have serial numbers 1166 and 1167, so they're quite new.

abc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 02:29 AM   #3255
Ebola
BANNED

Towers 3 and 4 will look like that in a few months. It shouldn't be long until we see the substructure as a whole form.

I'd build a masive, beautiful latticework tower of steel on top of the Freedom Tower to 1,776', call it the new spire or crown, and put a tall flagpole on top and make sure that it all gets lit up well at night. Since they don't need the 400-foot antenna, to hell with the spire and the sculptor who designed the spire to go around the antenna.

[IMG]http://i6.************/6sswuv9.jpg[/IMG]
It obviously wouldn't be exactly that color, but something like that would be the best option.
Maybe put a massive staircase as its core for those willing to climb up 400 feet with insane wind.
I still am not crazy for that ring, but I'm sure everything will work out fine and be amazing when completed.

"[The PANYNJ] could find another marketable use for the spire." I doubt that it would cost much and would not require a redesign of the building itself to make a small observation area on a redesigned spire.

In the end, this building will not be any less than 1,776 feet tall.

Last edited by Ebola; November 24th, 2007 at 03:56 AM.
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #3256
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6559

that spire looks ugly to me Ebola
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:51 AM   #3257
sunshine_121

Looks like the eiffal tower on top of the freedom tower!!!!
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #3258
Daquan13
BANNED

It DOES!

I like the spire much better!!
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:45 AM   #3259
Ebola
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
that spire looks ugly to me Ebola

How can you call the Eiffel Tower "ugly."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine_121 View Post
Looks like the eiffal tower on top of the freedom tower!!!!

Where? What are you talking about? You're insane.

Well, if they are doing to do the spire over again, a hollow steel latticework tower on top of the Freedom Tower would look the best. I think the first spire with the 1,368' roof redesign was the best because it is my style:

Last edited by Ebola; November 24th, 2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #3260
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
How can you call the Eiffel Tower "ugly."
i don't say the eiffel tower is ugly. but the FT with the Eiffel Tower as spire looks ugly!
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center