SkyscraperCity Forum banner
2M views 7K replies 264 participants last post by  Sam Earth 
#1 ·
Introduction

Map

#83 ·
@ Suncity

I agree that reports like this are pessimistic in nature like that of TT but i thinks its needs to be reported.HIDCO is no angel too when it comes to doing what it does and you can be sure most of the babus have made a lot of money from selling land in rajarhat.

I mean look at action area 2.They apparently paid 13,500 per cottah for land to farmers.

Uniword city itself is over 100 acres thats around 6,000 cottahs.If that entire area was populated by villages, they paid 6000*13,500=8 crore for the land.

They usually sell for 1.5 crore/acre so thats 150 crores from just Uniwold land.They paid peanuts for it.Not mention other huge projects like SP Infocity,Wipro,Infosys,ELita Garden Vista,DLF housing,SP residential housing who all are in the same area.

And look at the infrastructure till date created.Practically zilch.They should have finished with infrastructure ages ago considering they must have netted around 500 crores just from selling land.

There should be uniform rate at which landowners should be compensated as a % of the price at which the land will finally be sold taking into consideration all expense for creating infrastructure.

I agree Mamato is escalating this problem by her shouting and hounding and spread false reports but none can blame HIDCO for poor planning.

On top of that we have our stupid newspapers who can never get their facts right.Newspapers are meant to show whats the ground reality of things for the enlightenment of the general public and if they do so there is nothing wrong.But i wish they would all be consistent and get their facts right.

There is not much difference between what ABP has reported and what TT has said.

For example TT has said 2 lane till wipro which is 2km beyond Uniword.ABP says of which 1 km is pending.We have no idea whether this 1 km already done is six lane or 2 lane.

And 3 months to make 1 km of lane which joy of joys is "metalled" is outrageous.

To tell you the truth,as much as i love more development in rajarhat,frankly that place hides more than what meets the eye.
^^In AA2, the stretch is 6-lane(motorable) only till Infospace IT park. Thereafter it is still 6 lanes till Uniworld of which barely 4 are motorable after which about 2 are motorable till Wipro where the road ends and we suddenly see farmland ahead. Service lanes are being constructed near the uniworld city stretch.

I would not be so hyper critical of lack of roads presently like our media is. In India we normally see the growth first and then the development of infrastructure. Even today some parts of ORR, Bangalore do not have a motorable service lane on either side.

#84 ·
^^dont go by the looks coz the rates wont be ordinary, as everyone wants a big share of pie!!!...;)
Is it too costly to have a fully blooded glass structure rather than a ordinary looking half glass half concrete? I heard Genpact GE was also building their own campus here in addition to leasing out in Infospace. I wonder if this is the one.

#85 ·
Work on Wipro second campus to start soon

BS Reporter / Kolkata December 09, 2010, 0:51 IST

India’s third largest service provider Wipro Technologies is set to begin construction on Rajarhat campus, the second in the city, ‘as quickly as possible’, said state information technology (IT) minister, Debesh Das.

Das made the announcement post a meeting Wipro chairman, Azim Premji had with West Bengal chief minister, Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee. Premji is in Kolkata for the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) board meeting.

“They [Wipro] are going to scale up operations in West Bengal in a big way now. The company currently has 6,500 employees at their Sector V campus, but the expansion capacities at the campus are limited. They have no choice but to look elsewhere,” said Das.

The Sector V campus incidentally is spread over 12 floors, with a housing capacity for 8,000 employees. India’s third richest man met the CM at Writers’ in a meeting that has been described as being largely positive given Wipro’s scaled up levels of interest in Bengal.

“The campus at Rajarhat will provide employment to about 20, 000 people. The process of infrastructure development such as approach roads is almost complete, and should be finished with a month," Das said.

Das claiming that the facilities that the state provided Wipro, were the best in India, the IT minister, referred to the Trinamool Congress (TMC) campaign in Rajarhat, stating that no industry would leave Bengal again.

TMC, it might be noted, has scaled up protests against illegal land acquisition in Rajarhat recently and is set to gherao West Bengal Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (Hidco) tomorrow.

The IT minister also referred to problems with land allotment and pricing in areas such as Rajarhat. “The government cannot scale up and down prices, based on market movement”, he said.

Wipro is partnering Bengal in 40 municipal projects and is setting up the State Data Centre (SDC) in a project worth Rs 30 crore.

The SDC project is nearing completion and was also discussed at the meeting, Das revealed.

#86 ·
HAPPENING TOWN
50 acres more for infotech

Suman Chakraborti | tnn

Kolkata: Following the Wipro and Infosys deals, many IT companies are making a beeline for New Town. The ‘model township and IT hub’ had fallen into a crisis of sorts because the lack of infrastructure had scared off potential residents and investors.
The entry of the two IT giants has rekindled interest in New Town.
Demand for space for setting up IT offices is rising so rapidly that the Housing and Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) has decided to further increase its reservation of land for the IT sector from 300 acres to 350 acres in Action Area-III.
Hidco managing director Saurabh Das told TOI that a decision has been taken to allot 50 more acres for IT purposes. The initial quota has nearly been exhausted. As much as 288 acre of the 300-acre IT land has already been given away to various companies.
As of now, at least 50 small IT companies are said to have already lined up to get a share of the pie at Rajarhat. Most of them require not more than two to three acres of land, say sources. However, after both Wipro and Infosys took 50 acres each, the pressure for more land reserved for IT purposes increased. More and more companies are submitting applications to Hidco, said an official.
Before the Wipro and Infosys deals were signed many companies had complained that the price of land for IT at Rajarhat was exorbitant — often as much as Rs 2.16 crore per acre. This was before the recession struck.
As of now, Hidco has handed over land to TCS, Wipro and Infosys at Rs 1.5 crore per acre. Hidco may consider lowering the price for smaller IT firms, say sources.
However, the competitive land rates on offer for IT companies are not being extended to real estate developers. Hidco has already decided that no land will be handed over to any individual developer for real estate purposes. Commercial plots will be given only to joint venture companies tying up with Hidco. Officials said a policy is being framed on how to hand over commercial plots. Earlier, Hidco had reserved around 10% of the total 8,779 acres in New Town for commercial purposes and only 3.5% for IT and IT-enabled services.
Apart from the future prospects of New Town, one of the reasons why IT companies are scouting for plots here is that there is very little space available in Sector V right now. Though around 300 cottahs (or 5 acres) of land comprising several small plots are still lying unutilized in Sector V, the urban development department has not been able to identify suitable land and start distributing to those who have requests pending for long.

#87 ·
Is it too costly to have a fully blooded glass structure rather than a ordinary looking half glass half concrete? I heard Genpact GE was also building their own campus here in addition to leasing out in Infospace. I wonder if this is the one.
yes even i have heard so, but i wonder if the work has begun, but i dont think that Genpact would move in such a low cost building, after using DLF and Infospace!....they could rather come up with something like Cyber Greens in Gurgaon, which is also their Corporate Office!

#88 ·
HAPPENING TOWN
50 acres more for infotech

Suman Chakraborti | tnn

Kolkata: Following the Wipro and Infosys deals, many IT companies are making a beeline for New Town. The ‘model township and IT hub’ had fallen into a crisis of sorts because the lack of infrastructure had scared off potential residents and investors.
The entry of the two IT giants has rekindled interest in New Town.
Demand for space for setting up IT offices is rising so rapidly that the Housing and Infrastructure Development Corporation (Hidco) has decided to further increase its reservation of land for the IT sector from 300 acres to 350 acres in Action Area-III.
Hidco managing director Saurabh Das told TOI that a decision has been taken to allot 50 more acres for IT purposes. The initial quota has nearly been exhausted. As much as 288 acre of the 300-acre IT land has already been given away to various companies.
As of now, at least 50 small IT companies are said to have already lined up to get a share of the pie at Rajarhat. Most of them require not more than two to three acres of land, say sources. However, after both Wipro and Infosys took 50 acres each, the pressure for more land reserved for IT purposes increased. More and more companies are submitting applications to Hidco, said an official.
Before the Wipro and Infosys deals were signed many companies had complained that the price of land for IT at Rajarhat was exorbitant — often as much as Rs 2.16 crore per acre. This was before the recession struck.
As of now, Hidco has handed over land to TCS, Wipro and Infosys at Rs 1.5 crore per acre. Hidco may consider lowering the price for smaller IT firms, say sources.
However, the competitive land rates on offer for IT companies are not being extended to real estate developers. Hidco has already decided that no land will be handed over to any individual developer for real estate purposes. Commercial plots will be given only to joint venture companies tying up with Hidco. Officials said a policy is being framed on how to hand over commercial plots. Earlier, Hidco had reserved around 10% of the total 8,779 acres in New Town for commercial purposes and only 3.5% for IT and IT-enabled services.
Apart from the future prospects of New Town, one of the reasons why IT companies are scouting for plots here is that there is very little space available in Sector V right now. Though around 300 cottahs (or 5 acres) of land comprising several small plots are still lying unutilized in Sector V, the urban development department has not been able to identify suitable land and start distributing to those who have requests pending for long.

Of the 288 acres has any a list of what all companies got land?
Any renders of new buildings in the pipeline?

#90 ·
Of the 288 acres has any a list of what all companies got land?
Any renders of new buildings in the pipeline?
^^Wipro, Infy and TCS alone account for 130 acres. Additionally we have DLF 1 & 2 (~30 acres) , Infospace (46 acres), SP Infocity (50 acres), RMZ (20 acres) and several small ones such as Synthesis IT park, PS groups twin IT parks, HSBC, Genpact etc.

#92 ·
^^Wipro, Infy and TCS alone account for 130 acres. Additionally we have DLF 1 & 2 (~30 acres) , Infospace (46 acres), SP Infocity (50 acres), RMZ (20 acres) and several small ones such as Synthesis IT park, PS groups twin IT parks, HSBC, Genpact etc.
@Arijit
Ambuja+RMZ=40 acres right?that Ecospace project

Any update on SP Infocity,Kolkata?They have another good project (design) in Durgapur also.
I have no idea about HSBC or Genpact,please elaborate.

#95 ·
Is TCS coming up with a seperate building or r u referring to Infospace, where they have hired space?
HSBC???....they are already having plans to set up an IT park, like the Karunamayee one in Nonadanga, but not heard about Rajarhat!
Btw can u provide us any source regarding this list?

#96 ·
No, this is one of the twins, the other one is Newtown square, they are called twins coz they are coming up on side by side plot at Chinar Park in Rajarhat!!!
check the renders that were posted by me in Project Update II thread!
^^As far as I know there are three in total - PS IXL1 , IXL2 & New Town square

#98 ·
@Arijit
Ambuja+RMZ=40 acres right?that Ecospace project

Any update on SP Infocity,Kolkata?They have another good project (design) in Durgapur also.
I have no idea about HSBC or Genpact,please elaborate.
@Samit, RMZ Ecospace is on 20 acres of which 4 towers are operational. The rest should be done by the end of 2011. No construction on SP yet. I was informed thru personal sources that both Genpact and HSBC have taken up land here, not sure about the details.

While Ecospace and Infospace are taking big strides in the area leasing out to companies, the flop so far is DLF 2. Phase 1 is complete but I think there are no occupants yet. The other day I saw some guys playing cricket inside the campus

#99 ·
Is TCS coming up with a seperate building or r u referring to Infospace, where they have hired space?
HSBC???....they are already having plans to set up an IT park, like the Karunamayee one in Nonadanga, but not heard about Rajarhat!
Btw can u provide us any source regarding this list?
^^TCS had purchased 30 acres or more in New Town way back in 2007/08.

#100 · (Edited)