SkyscraperCity Forum banner
141 - 160 of 179 Posts
^^ Wow this good news, so they are going ahead with the Rajarhat Monorail plan. The alignment was fixed earlier this year as reported in this forum above. The best part, this will be on PPP! :D

I am guessing they will award the contract and hold a foundation-stone laying ceremony just before the 2016 election. 99% chance they will come back to power, so hopefully this project will be executed with ease and should open by 2019-20. :cheers:
wow man..we are a hopeful lot aren't we. Despite the ever delayed metro projects, we have already boarded our fantasy monorail.

wow man..we are a hopeful lot aren't we. Despite the ever delayed metro projects, we have already boarded our fantasy monorail.
Only reason to be hopeful is that this is a pure state initiative. Mamata went to Singapore, Amit Mitra went to China, will be even going to London I heard, they are desperately looking for investment, and a Singapore group has expressed interest in the monorail, so there is a lot of prestige tied with this...Moreover we are in pre-election year, the only time some development actually takes place...so yes I'm hopeful they will award the tender before election...

Only reason to be hopeful is that this is a pure state initiative. Mamata went to Singapore, Amit Mitra went to China, will be even going to London I heard, they are desperately looking for investment, and a Singapore group has expressed interest in the monorail, so there is a lot of prestige tied with this...Moreover we are in pre-election year, the only time some development actually takes place...so yes I'm hopeful they will award the tender before election...
You are right..we might see 2-3 pillars and narrow-fied roads for years and years. Project will be started but will halt in between due to lot of political issues and bla bla bla...

Same case done before 2011. An ambitions project of light rail from Barrackpur to Joka was announced, but nothing materialized, even foundation stone was laid.
Almost in same route metro is planned......
Joka BBD bag (under contruction 8-9 km already constructed )
Barackpore- Noapara..(Delayed due to pipe line)

Metro is better than mono/LRT in terms of more capacity.

Now the mono from Ultodanga -Newtown passes through wide roads and are planned to be fully overhead.
no land is needed to cause a delay. :cheers:Only problem is money.......
SEC V and IT people are the main target of this project from ultodanga station . So there is already a demand...........:)

Exactly - I guess the Ultadanga is the same as Bidhannagar Rd station .
In that case it will seamlessly link Kalyani, Kachrapara and Barrackpore . IT folks living in that area can catch a local and get down at Bidhannagar Rd and catch the Monorail to Salt lake and New Town.
Sounds exciting :cheers:

Almost in same route metro is planned......
Joka BBD bag (under contruction 8-9 km already constructed )
Barackpore- Noapara..(Delayed due to pipe line)

Metro is better than mono/LRT in terms of more capacity.

Now the mono from Ultodanga -Newtown passes through wide roads and are planned to be fully overhead.
no land is needed to cause a delay. :cheers:Only problem is money.......
SEC V and IT people are the main target of this project from ultodanga station . So there is already a demand...........:)
If I remember correctly there were three distinct points from where IT folks used to take those autos(often a gunda driving it)...Ultadanga, Karunamoye and Chingrighata..seems like all three places will have either metro or monorail connectivity in future.. :cheers: wow!! time to pack up folks!!

But there are a large number of people living around Laketown, Krishnapur, Baguiati - which will be no any rail transport connectivity in near future. I think a monorail or light-rail is more urgently needed for these areas.

But there are a large number of people living around Laketown, Krishnapur, Baguiati - which will be no any rail transport connectivity in near future. I think a monorail or light-rail is more urgently needed for these areas.
Shyambazar - Bashirhat Martin Light Railway line would have served these places, had it been operational now.

Non-Linear Ropeway to put Kolkata traffic at ease

The capital city of West Bengal will soon be relieved from its traffic congestion, as government is all set to introduce a non-linear aerial ropeway, here. The alternative pollution-free transportation system is named, 'Curvo'.

Shekhar Chakravarty, the MD of Conveyor and Ropeway Services Private Limited (CRSPL) says, “It was a dream to provide a pollution-free and traffic-free mode of transportation system to people and we will be the first in the world to introduce this non-linear aerial ropeway system.”

“We have spoken to the Urban development minister and KMDA chairman Firhad Hakim and Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA) is working on the proposal.” he adds.

Chakravarty also informed that a Detailed Project Report (DPR) has been worked upon. The Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Service Ltd (ILFS) is preparing it and as soon as the work will be finished, it will be submitted to the government for approval.

The ambitious project will be stretching between two sector that are, Sealdah to BBD Bagh and Howrah to Nabanna.

The company’s director, Rachana Mukherjee informed that a detailed survey has been done on some congested roads like Sealdah, College Street and Park Street. Also, a plan has been submitted to the state government, for the same.

The MD also clued-up that at a distance of 750 metre each, there would be aloft stops. Also, the Curvo which will be set on a speed of about 12.5 km/hour, would have the capacity to transport 2,000 passengers per hour.

Each cabin will be carrying an average of 8 people on intervals of 25 seconds.

The project is estimated to be introduced within 18 month to 2 years.

http://www.pardaphash.com/news/nonlinear-ropeway-to-put-kolkata-traffic-at-ease/768667.html#.VZS_n_mqqko

Non-Linear Ropeway to put Kolkata traffic at ease

The capital city of West Bengal will soon be relieved from its traffic congestion, as government is all set to introduce a non-linear aerial ropeway, here. The alternative pollution-free transportation system is named, 'Curvo'.

Shekhar Chakravarty, the MD of Conveyor and Ropeway Services Private Limited (CRSPL) says, “It was a dream to provide a pollution-free and traffic-free mode of transportation system to people and we will be the first in the world to introduce this non-linear aerial ropeway system.”

“We have spoken to the Urban development minister and KMDA chairman Firhad Hakim and Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority (KMDA) is working on the proposal.” he adds.

Chakravarty also informed that a Detailed Project Report (DPR) has been worked upon. The Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Service Ltd (ILFS) is preparing it and as soon as the work will be finished, it will be submitted to the government for approval.

The ambitious project will be stretching between two sector that are, Sealdah to BBD Bagh and Howrah to Nabanna.

The company’s director, Rachana Mukherjee informed that a detailed survey has been done on some congested roads like Sealdah, College Street and Park Street. Also, a plan has been submitted to the state government, for the same.

The MD also clued-up that at a distance of 750 metre each, there would be aloft stops. Also, the Curvo which will be set on a speed of about 12.5 km/hour, would have the capacity to transport 2,000 passengers per hour.

Each cabin will be carrying an average of 8 people on intervals of 25 seconds.

The project is estimated to be introduced within 18 month to 2 years.

http://www.pardaphash.com/news/nonlinear-ropeway-to-put-kolkata-traffic-at-ease/768667.html#.VZS_n_mqqko
Joke or what! Sealdah to BBD Bag at a speed of 12.5 kmph ??? :lol: At one time the previous govt had tried something like a "skybus" I remember...
Why try all these stupid experimental stuff I wonder... :bash:

Joke or what! Sealdah to BBD Bag at a speed of 12.5 kmph ??? :lol: At one time the previous govt had tried something like a "skybus" I remember...
Why try all these stupid experimental stuff I wonder... :bash:
For your kind information visit Joka,a 500 m Curvo line is built and survey and test driving is done so just gear up it will happen and STOP CRITICISING.................
Be happy for atleast what you are getting....................

I may sound pessimistic but honestly speaking projects such as 100 km elevated road to bongaon,mono rail ,kolkata eye,ropeway and blah blah blah are simply gimmicks played time and again by politicians. Neither they have the money nor they have the know-how of these projects ,they are never going to become a real*******HO they should first give priority to complete metro projects then they could think of all this bogus stuff.At best they can clutter up eco park,erect trident lights in the name of development.Even the metro is central funded.Simply have a look at BRT project,you will get an idea how poor are we at project planning and execution.

BTW I observed that at many places these trident lights are missing from poles.I fail to understand one thing why bengal electorate dont ask these questions to the ruling party.They are more concerned with what is happening elsewhere,ignoring what is happening in their own backyard.Biggest hypocrite people.

For your kind information visit Joka,a 500 m Curvo line is built and survey and test driving is done so just gear up it will happen and STOP CRITICISING.................
Be happy for atleast what you are getting....................
Yeah right...you travel from Sealdah to BBD Bag at 12.5 kmph when the road below is empty (in off peak hours)... :nuts: (of course in peak hours when there is jam below then situation is different, but if people use it only during such peak time, will it be financially viable at all?)

If they want to go for something like this, a better option is a modern form of hanging transport proposed along a highway in Delhi recently, where modern pods hanging on rails (not ropes) will be used...these can come down to ground level, take sharp turns, and travel at higher speeds, all of which ropeway can't do. Although that is also something experimental, but its features certainly look better than a conventional ropeway.

"STOP CRITICISING.................Be happy for atleast what you are getting" ~ No sir, my money (taxpayer's money) will be used to build it, I have a right to criticize if I don't feel its a good idea. This forum is meant to discuss, which involves both criticism and appreciation...so learn to take criticism where it is deserved.. :)
Nobody is criticizing the Salt Lake Rajarhat monorail plan.

I may sound pessimistic but honestly speaking projects such as 100 km elevated road to bongaon,mono rail ,kolkata eye,ropeway and blah blah blah are simply gimmicks played time and again by politicians. Neither they have the money nor they have the know-how of these projects ,they are never going to become a real*******HO they should first give priority to complete metro projects then they could think of all this bogus stuff.At best they can clutter up eco park,erect trident lights in the name of development.Even the metro is central funded.Simply have a look at BRT project,you will get an idea how poor are we at project planning and execution.

BTW I observed that at many places these trident lights are missing from poles.I fail to understand one thing why bengal electorate dont ask these questions to the ruling party.They are more concerned with what is happening elsewhere,ignoring what is happening in their own backyard.Biggest hypocrite people.
There is no credible opposition at all...so who will question...everyone has there is own vested interest...that is why this is a doomed state... :eek:hno:

Because the state is filled with people like you.

141 - 160 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.