SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumbai Update - project news from Mumbai

425K views 2K replies 108 participants last post by  skyscraperboy 
#1 ·
Hey can someone identify these Mumbai buildings. I have plenty of other pics too.

There are just too many residential highrises...

Building 1

Building 2

Building 3

See less See more
#84 ·
kshatriya said:
The Jogeshwari-Vikhroli link road is a little further up. It starts between those Jogeshwari and Goregaon points from the Western highway and runs through in between Mahakali Caves and Aarey colony, then through Hiranandani and IIT Powai and meets LBS Marg.
Ahh.. thant was important, now that rd make alot more sense :) I also saw it being constructed in mid-Jan while I was in bombay. Wierd :)

Hit refresh, you should be able to see the new map. Also, any information about highways like to panvel, and also in the trombay area??

#87 ·
Why Indian Democracy, why do you have such loopholes in you that netas can do anything they want and there is nobody to stop them!

Shinde govt bleeds state coffers dry

Only days before the election code of conduct came into force in Maharashtra, the state’s cabinet of ministers continued doling out taxpayers money from the Contingent Fund (CF) exhausting nearly Rs 100 crore.

A near depleted CF, left the government with little choice but to move an ordinance to raise its limit from Rs 150 crore (that was almost over) to Rs 300 crore so that the expenditure that will have to be incurred for holding elections on October 13 may become available.

“There were many individual proposals, like Rs 3 crore that was released to Transport Minister Ashok Chavan for the setting up of a memorial (trust) in the name of former Union minister SB Chavan. The cabinet sanctioned the entire amount in one go from the CF despite opposition from the concerned department. Normally, the funds are released in installments as each phase of the construction work of the memorial is completed.”

Another proposal sought Rs 5.5 crore for a spinning mill owned by Maharashtra home minister RR Patil that the cabinet has cleared.

Yet another one cleared by the cabinet will allow tax payers money to be used to fiancee 30 per cent of the equity of three wineries being set up by RR Patil, Sanjay Patil (Congress) and Maharashtra marketing Minster Harshavardhan Patil. The three wineries would have a total equity capital close to Rs 20 crore.

Most of these cabinet decisions have permitted the disbursement of the money from the CF, which left the fund nearly empty and in no position able to meet the approximately Rs 100 crore required for holding elections in the state.

The last minute ordinance, point out officials, may not easily find favour with Maharashtra governor Mohammad Fazal who has taken issue with the state government on several past occasions.

Says a secretariat official: “We were constantly worried about being pulled up by the governor who has taken a positively proactive role in the state administrations over the last few years, having shot off more than 300 letters to different state government departments.”
:wallbash: :mad2: :bleep:

#90 ·
cntower said:
I'm confused; is this a rail connection or a road connection?

By the way how many airports are there in Mumbai? I see Santa Cruz and Sahar.
I was just trying to show the new developments with respect to highways. I'm also planning to show the existing highways, something to monitor progress of the beltway around bombay and how it will come to shape for anyone who has read the 'vision mumbai' plan.

The santacruz airport is domestic, and the sahar airport is international (severely needs modernization)

#91 ·
Ubermensch said:
I was just trying to show the new developments with respect to highways. I'm also planning to show the existing highways, something to monitor progress of the beltway around bombay and how it will come to shape for anyone who has read the 'vision mumbai' plan.

The santacruz airport is domestic, and the sahar airport is international (severely needs modernization)
They are really close that's interesting! By the way which airport has that all white terminal?

#92 ·
cntower said:
They are really close that's interesting! By the way which airport has that all white terminal?
Ahh they are close because they essentially use the same runways and stuff..

The white ugly one is Sahar.. my hope is it get a facelift sometime in the near future.

#93 ·
Some more projects from Mumbai and Navi Mumbai

Found these at the site of Wadhwa Developers

Looks like the Mumbai - Navi Mumbai area is just building more and more high rises...

Shantivan (triple towers), Mumbai

Naman Towers (Twin tower), Mumbai

Anmol, Mumbai

Palm Beach Residency (seven towers), Navi Mumbai

#95 ·
It's funny and unprofessional at the same time. Maybe the spectre of bribes has not yet left the building industry in India. :bash: I, checked the Wadhwa develpers website, and Naman Towers Mumbai is described as 21 storey and 17 storey twins. If you look at the building in the picture and count the floors, it's no less than 24 or 25 storeys high. Then, why are they wrongly described on the website, is anybody's wise guess. :)

#96 ·
ViMo said:
It's funny and unprofessional at the same time. Maybe the spectre of bribes has not yet left the building industry in India. :bash: I, checked the Wadhwa develpers website, and Naman Towers Mumbai is described as 21 storey and 17 storey twins. If you look at the building in the picture and count the floors, it's no less than 24 or 25 storeys high. Then, why are they wrongly described on the website, is anybody's wise guess. :)
You are right. That struck me too. But the builders will often subtract the ground floor (usually shops or garage) + the top floor which is often part of duplex penthouses. I don't know if that's the case here. I have seen renderings where the tower is 27 storey.

#98 ·
The build-up to a new Mumbai

http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/city/2004/august/90972.htm

Every month, MHADA and BMC have been approving 30 buildings in south Mumbai, which can be redeveloped by private builders. So far a whopping 19,462 low-rise buildings, mostly chawls, have been identified for the construction projects. Gigil Varghese tells the story

South Mumbai’s skyline is set for a drastic makeover. Skyscrapers of 20 floors and more will soon be replacing low-rise chawls, synonymous with the city.

The Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) have recently identified 19,462 buildings in the city that can be redeveloped by private builders.

According to redevelopment rules, builders can build 50 per cent more flats in the new projects and sell them at market rates. Since property rates in South Mumbai range between Rs 5,200 and Rs 10,500 per square feet, builders can make a killing on the sale of extra flats.

Builders are reportedly making a beeline for the projects. According to government sources, MHADA and BMC are reported to be issuing 30 approvals every month for such projects.

Areas that are being dotted with buildings with over 20 storeys are Girgaum, Gamdevi, Prabhadevi and Khetwadi. The old tenants are being accommodated around the property according to the area they previously lived in.

“Although there was a demand for flats in south Mumbai, supply was dead. Now, residents in suburbs who can afford to, can buy a flat in these new buildings,” said Sunil Mantri, secretary of the Maharashtra Chamber of Housing and Infrastructure (MCHI).

A property developer, Harish Mehta, who is developing 11 properties in south Mumbai said that the pace at which the redevelopment is happening will stabilise the price of property in south Mumbai.

Though the redevelopment will bring in wider roads near the buildings, the redevelopment scheme has not been able to address water and other infrastructure-related problems for the residents.

The highs...

* Every flat will measure between 1,200-1,500 sq feet
* Multi-storeyed parking facility
* Wider roads near the buildings
* Health clubs
* Conference rooms
* Landscaped gardens
* High speed and more service lifts

... and the lows

* Water supply has not increased in proportion to the number of flats
* Old municipal sewage pipes have not been replaced
* The widening of roads has been uneven. While redeveloped buildings have left space for widening of roads, undeveloped properties next door mean that the roads do not have a consistent width
* Maintenance charges in the new buildings will be hefty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New projects

Rushabh Apartments, Prarthana Samaj - Grnd+39

Shiv Tapi, Gamdevi - Grnd+27

Saarthi, Chowpatty - Stilt+20

G
#100 ·
kshatriya said:
The build-up to a new Mumbai

http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/city/2004/august/90972.htm

Every month, MHADA and BMC have been approving 30 buildings in south Mumbai, which can be redeveloped by private builders. So far a whopping 19,462 low-rise buildings, mostly chawls, have been identified for the construction projects. Gigil Varghese tells the story

South Mumbai’s skyline is set for a drastic makeover. Skyscrapers of 20 floors and more will soon be replacing low-rise chawls, synonymous with the city.

The Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) have recently identified 19,462 buildings in the city that can be redeveloped by private builders.

According to redevelopment rules, builders can build 50 per cent more flats in the new projects and sell them at market rates. Since property rates in South Mumbai range between Rs 5,200 and Rs 10,500 per square feet, builders can make a killing on the sale of extra flats.

Builders are reportedly making a beeline for the projects. According to government sources, MHADA and BMC are reported to be issuing 30 approvals every month for such projects.

Areas that are being dotted with buildings with over 20 storeys are Girgaum, Gamdevi, Prabhadevi and Khetwadi. The old tenants are being accommodated around the property according to the area they previously lived in.

“Although there was a demand for flats in south Mumbai, supply was dead. Now, residents in suburbs who can afford to, can buy a flat in these new buildings,” said Sunil Mantri, secretary of the Maharashtra Chamber of Housing and Infrastructure (MCHI).

A property developer, Harish Mehta, who is developing 11 properties in south Mumbai said that the pace at which the redevelopment is happening will stabilise the price of property in south Mumbai.

Though the redevelopment will bring in wider roads near the buildings, the redevelopment scheme has not been able to address water and other infrastructure-related problems for the residents.

The highs...

* Every flat will measure between 1,200-1,500 sq feet
* Multi-storeyed parking facility
* Wider roads near the buildings
* Health clubs
* Conference rooms
* Landscaped gardens
* High speed and more service lifts

... and the lows

* Water supply has not increased in proportion to the number of flats
* Old municipal sewage pipes have not been replaced
* The widening of roads has been uneven. While redeveloped buildings have left space for widening of roads, undeveloped properties next door mean that the roads do not have a consistent width
* Maintenance charges in the new buildings will be hefty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New projects

Rushabh Apartments, Prarthana Samaj - Grnd+39

Shiv Tapi, Gamdevi - Grnd+27

Saarthi, Chowpatty - Stilt+20

Good to hear Mumbai getting a lot of scrapers. My only wish is that they develop a 75-storey S&G building, Mumbai really would be in a class of its own, unmatched by any city in the subcontinent for decades. As for the water problem, why don't the developers try to harness the rainwater. There is a law in Chennai to compulsurily harvest rain water, hope they do the same in Mumbai too. G0 MUMBAI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.