daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Hrvatski Forum > Arts, Media and Leisure > Putovanja

Putovanja Reports and tours from user's journeys - tourists welcome! | » Your cities & countries

Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:08 PM   #1
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

Likes (Received): 17

Croatia: A genuine surprise.

Now i've finally visited Croatia for the first time. I can genuinely speak from my heart as i honestly speak upon about Croatia. Croatia for me was a worrying holiday. I didn't know much about it and now that the novelty is wearing thin for my time in the mediterranean. I was pleasantly surprised by Croatia. I wasn't eager to be visiting it to be honest. I was very much looking forward to go to visit some countries out of Europe that speak English as i prefer English speaking countries.I have ventured through so much of Europe so i was expecting a bit of deja vu.

Croatia however was a genuine surprise. I went near Porec and Pula. Now don't get me wrong i like exploring but i am a bit in anguish when visiting a ton of towns. Some really start to get very much reminiscent of each other. However i had a brilliant time in Croatia. I flew into to Treviso in Italy and my family hired a car. We drove through Slovenia on the way to enter Croatia. On my entry i started to see how much Croatia has much space for potential development.

The infrastructure to say the least can be upgraded but i don't think there's quite demand yet. It's obvious Croatia needs to market itself more. I saw so many german! Hardly any brits which for me comes across as Croatia hasn't reached the status of Spain,italy etc in Europe yet.Never the less i could see Croatia is taking big strides and that it's probably on the right track to be a big player in tourism among Europe.

The food was sublime! Just really delicious and great value! The waiters were also great. They were friendly albeit a bit cheeky but not offensive. The weather was nice for the most part. Except we had a massive thunderstorm quite a surprise but i do like thunderstorms for some strange reason. Porec was really nice. Beautiful seafront with small market shops embanked on the sea front. I loved meandering around the them. Full of charming,unique and creative products. Pula was also very nice! The amphitheatre was spectacular nestled on a small hill by the bayside. Pula was very interesting. Had some intriguing historic buildings with real presence. Also had a some cheek modern shops bustled into the centre. V'sar was small but quite cute. A village clambered onto a side of a hill. With a small marina at the bottom full fleshed out with some really interesting looking restaurants.

I stayed in a campsite. We were on a cheap holiday as were going to LA next year and my parents go to China this October. I felt quite isolated with so many german's cramping the campsite. But Croatians spoke brilliant english and had a chat with a shop owner about his love for Liverpool fc my favourite team. The campsite had a stunning beach. The water would gently shimmer on the beach making the beach a fun,satisfying and enjoyable experience. Campsite had all the essentials equipped.

Overall Croatia is great country from what i've seen. It's making strides in improving tourism. It should be aiming to market out much more! Such a lovely country and i'd hate to see it halt and lose a ton of potential. One of thing i just wished was that there was more english. I've kind of got a headache of hearing "ich".

Last edited by timmy- brissy; September 6th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.
timmy- brissy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:05 PM   #2
*Arsenal*

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy- brissy View Post
Now i've finally visited Croatia for the first time. I can genuinely speak from my heart as i abruptly speak upon about Croatia. Croatia for me was a worrying holiday. I didn't no much about it and now that the novelty is wearing thin for my time in the mediterranian. I was gladly surprised by Croatia. I wasn't eager to be visiting it to be honest. I was very much looking forward to go to visit some countries out of Europe that speak English as i prefer English speaking countries.I have ventured so much of Europe so i was expecting a bit of deja vu.

Croatia however was a genuine surprise. I went near Porec and Pula. Now don't get me wrong i like exploring but i am a bit in anguish in visiting a ton of towns. Some are really start to get very much reminiscent of each other. However i don't condone i had a brilliant time in Croatia. I flew into to Treviso in Italy and my family hired a car. We drove through Slovenia on the way to enter Croatia. On my entry i started to see how much Croatia is underdeveloped but has plenty of space for development.

The infrastructure to say the least can be upgraded but i don't think there's quite demand yet. It's obvious Croatia needs to market itself more. I saw so many german! Hardly any brits which for me comes across as Croatia hasn't reached the status of Spain,italy etc in Europe yet.Never the less i could see Croatia is taking big strides and that it's probably on the right track to be a big player in tourism among Europe.

The food was sublime! Just really delicious and great value! The waiters were also great. They were friendly albeit a bit cheeky but not offensive. The weather was nice for the most part. Except we had a massive thunderstorm quite a surprise but i do like thunderstorms for some strange reason. Porec was really nice. Beautiful seafront with small market shops embanked on the sea front. I loved meandering around the them. Full of charming,unique and creative products. Pula was also very nice! The amphitheatre was spectacular nestled on a small hill by the bayside. Pula was very interesting. Had some intriguing historic buildings with real presence. Also had a some cheek modern shops bustled into the centre. V'sar was small but quite cut. A village clambered onto a side of a hill. With a small marina at the bottom full fleshed out with some really interesting looking restaurants.

I stayed in a campsite. We were on a cheap holiday as were going to LA next year and my parents go to China this October. I felt quite isolated with so many german's flustering the campsite. But Croatians spoke brilliant english and had a chat with a shop owner about his love for Liverpool fc my favourite team. The campsite had a stunning beach. The water would gently shimmer on the beach making the beach a fun,satisfying and enjoyable experience. Campsite had all the essentials equipped.

Overall Croatia is great country from what i've seen. It's making strides in improving tourism. It should be aiming to market out much more! Such a lovely country and i'd hate to see it halt and lose a ton of potential. One of thing i just wished was that there was more english. I've kind of got a headache of hearing "ich".

*Arsenal* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:43 PM   #3
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Arsenal* View Post
Ok maybe i was comparing to other countries.

Edit: I checked the population of Croatia and it's not so much under developed.I was comparing with other countries. I think Holland is comparable to Croatia. And Holland is a lot more developed. Anyway lets keep this topic about my time visiting this marvellous country.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM   #4
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach

Likes (Received): 86

If you were looking for more 'developed' environment, you shoulda visited Sweden or Finland and their Nokia facility.
Croatia is a tourist destination, not exactly high-tech heaven.

'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM   #5
sesvecan
mojarijetschsesluscha

Likes (Received): 708

Quote:
Now i've finally visited Croatia for the first time. I can genuinely speak from my heart as i honestly speak upon about Croatia. Croatia for me was a worrying holiday. I didn't know much about it and now that the novelty is wearing thin for my time in the mediterranean. I was pleasantly surprised by Croatia. I wasn't eager to be visiting it to be honest. I was very much looking forward to go to visit some countries out of Europe that speak English as i prefer English speaking countries.I have ventured through so much of Europe so i was expecting a bit of deja vu.

Croatia however was a genuine surprise. I went near Porec and Pula. Now don't get me wrong i like exploring but i am a bit in anguish when visiting a ton of towns. Some really start to get very much reminiscent of each other. However i had a brilliant time in Croatia. I flew into to Treviso in Italy and my family hired a car. We drove through Slovenia on the way to enter Croatia. On my entry i started to see how much Croatia is underdeveloped but has plenty of space for development.

The food was sublime! Just really delicious and great value! The waiters were also great. They were friendly albeit a bit cheeky but not offensive. The weather was nice for the most part. Except we had a massive thunderstorm quite a surprise but i do like thunderstorms for some strange reason. Porec was really nice. Beautiful seafront with small market shops embanked on the sea front. I loved meandering around the them. Full of charming,unique and creative products. Pula was also very nice! The amphitheatre was spectacular nestled on a small hill by the bayside. Pula was very interesting. Had some intriguing historic buildings with real presence. Also had a some cheek modern shops bustled into the centre. V'sar was small but quite cute. A village clambered onto a side of a hill. With a small marina at the bottom full fleshed out with some really interesting looking restaurants.

I stayed in a campsite. We were on a cheap holiday as were going to LA next year and my parents go to China this October. I felt quite isolated with so many german's cramping the campsite. But Croatians spoke brilliant english and had a chat with a shop owner about his love for Liverpool fc my favourite team. The campsite had a stunning beach. The water would gently shimmer on the beach making the beach a fun,satisfying and enjoyable experience. Campsite had all the essentials equipped.

yeah but with the monex comes the evil.
croatia has a lot of potential. but we have not enough population. because of the last wars the people spread all over the world. without war croatia would be over your experiences. take it how you get it believe me you would have modern architecture or multicultural citizens but no culture.
all what we need are more of us in the country and a big desire for work

ZAGREB

Vergewaltiger des Bösen - rapist of the evil
sesvecan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM   #6
Zanovijetalo

Always interesting to read an outsider’s point of view. As for underdevelopment statement, it’s perfectly OK; after all the post is about your personal impressions not official statistics numbers.

Thanks for stopping by, cheers

(PS we love Germans)
Zanovijetalo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:11 AM   #7
El Diablo

Likes (Received): 286

Quote:

Croatia however was a genuine surprise. I went near Porec and Pula. Now don't get me wrong i like exploring but i am a bit in anguish when visiting a ton of towns. Some really start to get very much reminiscent of each other. However i had a brilliant time in Croatia. I flew into to Treviso in Italy and my family hired a car. We drove through Slovenia on the way to enter Croatia. On my entry i started to see how much Croatia is underdeveloped but has plenty of space for development.

Of course it is.

Thanks for the impressions. Do you have some pics from your holiday? Will you be visiting Croatia again? You should also visit Dalmatia, Dubrovnik and Zagreb. Trust me, you'll be even more surprised. Croatia is a beautifull country.
El Diablo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:21 AM   #8
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Of course it is.

Thanks for the impressions. Do you have some pics from your holiday? Will you be visiting Croatia again? You should also visit Dalmatia, Dubrovnik and Zagreb. Trust me, you'll be even more surprised. Croatia is a beautifull country.
Eh im not sure. Im going to the US next year which really takes a lot of money. So maybe the year after that. I am also looking to go to Australia for a holiday in the future. But your waiters are class. Such tongue in cheek.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #9
renco
Grad heroj

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanovijetalo View Post
Always interesting to read an outsider’s point of view. As for underdevelopment statement, it’s perfectly OK; after all the post is about your personal impressions not official statistics numbers.

Thanks for stopping by, cheers

(PS we love Germans)
Agreed
renco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM   #10
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

Ah maybe i was harsh on Croatia. Your population is only 4 million! Wow same as New Zealand! That's crazy that London has more people, wow!
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:14 PM   #11
El Diablo

Quote:
Eh im not sure. Im going to the US next year which really takes a lot of money. So maybe the year after that. I am also looking to go to Australia for a holiday in the future. But your waiters are class. Such tongue in cheek.
Quote:
Ah maybe i was harsh on Croatia. Your population is only 4 million! Wow same as New Zealand! That's crazy that London has more people, wow!
It's 4,5 million to be precise.
You were a bit harsh and we demand an a apology.

Don't tell me you haven't got any pics from Croatia to share here?
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:20 PM   #12
Zerg
Dobri ujkan

Quote:
In about 350 years there won't be any Croats in Croatia depending on our current mortality rate. Such a shame... Huh, poor we
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:24 PM   #13
El Diablo

Kad svi samo vise po forumima i netu. Nitko da zasuče rukave.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM   #14
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
It's 4,5 million to be precise.
You were a bit harsh and we demand an a apology.

Don't tell me you haven't got any pics from Croatia to share here?
Aye, an apology is needed so sorry about my misinformation. Hmm pictures i shall try.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:40 PM   #15
Walterwolf

Quote:
Aye, an apology is needed so sorry about my misinformation. Hmm pictures i shall try.
The thing about an apology was a joke , please give us some pictures
Walterwolf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #16
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Likes (Received): 5

Yah, some pics
OettingerCroat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #17
dodomir
Hedonist

Likes (Received): 4

Pictures or it didn't happend!!!
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #18
timmy- brissy
Don't Stare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomir View Post
Pictures or it didn't happend!!!

There not stored on my PC and i don't know if they will i could check my bro's facebook he should have some. I will!
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #19
torca-rotterdam

Quote:
Yes we have some 4.5 million people and we kick your ass in a final qualification football match in the heart of your great capital London.. Can you imagine how powerfull we are? ..We use to say..."geni geni kameni" (use google translator to find i can not translate this one )

We just enjoy the life, try to reaalize that . Only thing it should happen it is to organize it much better and to decrease the corruption, then Croatia
will be "the place to live''

Cheers buddy
torca-rotterdam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #20
MasonicStage™
Nadmoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by torca-rotterdam View Post
..We use to say..."geni geni kameni" (use google translator to find i can not translate this one )
Isn't that reserved for Hercegovina?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: