daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Old March 7th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #81
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 582

Basically, to put it in terms kunming tiger will understand: Tearing down Rome for modern skyscrapers would be like tearing down the Great Wall for modern skyscrapers.

Not that it's really worth talking about a comment made by Elster, I'm quite sure he/she was trolling as usual.

Sponsored Links

Old March 7th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #82
Faisal Shourov

Likes (Received): 2174

Quote:
Originally Posted by city of the future View Post
Again, I was just commenting on a negative remark made by someone. Its pretty offensive to wipe out entire Rome over a copy paste project such as this. An when I said outlast, I meant anything in Shenzhen, not all of China
What in Rome will outlast Ping An? Are you sure you're not trolling?
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #83
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 73

Western civilization?

The Catholic Church?

The mafia?

Pizza?

Ping An rules but chances are that only The Great Wall and The Pyramids stand when ancient Rome is forgotten.

This is said with respect to all.

Drop the discussion. There is an excellent thread on building an ancient castle in another section. It would make sense to continue there.

sweet-d liked this post
KøbenhavnK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #84
SkYsCrApEr2013
AnYtHiNg CaN bE rEaLiTy

Likes (Received): 570

lol
SkYsCrApEr2013 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:26 PM   #85
luci203

Likes (Received): 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
Not that it's really worth talking about a comment made by Elster, I'm quite sure he/she was trolling as usual.
You can't argue about personal preferences. .

I was at an age when I would preferred to demolish the entire medieval part of my city (not many in Europe that still have a good portion of it's defensive walls) and build commies in it's place.

Maybe is the same age...
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM   #86
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 3607

One funny and provoking comment is all we need for everybody to lose their mind

Puppetgeneral liked this post
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 03:36 PM   #87
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

so phase 1 with the main tower is proposed to start in 2014, doesn't that mean that demolition needs to be underway soon or was the proposed starting date just wishful thinking by that time?
Old March 30th, 2014, 03:45 PM   #88
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 4755

These village redevelopment projects always get delayed significantly, minimum of at least 1-2 years, but sometimes can be canceled too. Have to negotiate with thousands of villagers with all their individual buildings.

My prediction: This will be a big deal in 2017-2020, but the prep is going to take a loooooooong time, just gotta have patience.
BarbaricManchurian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #89
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

yes, i was not expecting anything to start rising soon, just hoping that maybe deals are partly done already and at least a few plots would start clearing this year, but probably not
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #90
crriss

Likes (Received): 15

According to some recent news articles Baishizhou redevelopment was postponed or possibly cancelled. http://ibaoan.sznews.com/content/201..._9468585_2.htm
crriss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #91
totaleclipse1985

Likes (Received): 20

Sadly this was kind of expected. Just too many greedy landlords and people don't want to move out. This will only get worse as people get richer. Chinese NIMBYS, here they come
totaleclipse1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 11:59 PM   #92
lowenmeister

Likes (Received): 210

They could always build some skyscrapers (like the riverfront times development) and redevelop the existing infrastructure,make it into some ultra futuristic super dense development,you could have both the supertall skyscrapers and keep most of the urban village intact. That some sort of redevelopment or upgrading will take place sooner or later is almost given.

Last edited by lowenmeister; May 20th, 2014 at 01:08 AM.
lowenmeister no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 01:06 AM   #93
Faisal Shourov

Likes (Received): 2174

Quote:
Originally Posted by crriss View Post
According to some recent news articles Baishizhou redevelopment was postponed or possibly cancelled. http://ibaoan.sznews.com/content/201..._9468585_2.htm
The landlord are not willing to give up their properties, which they rent out to poor people, and is a great source of their income. I don't mind this project being cancelled to be honest, didn't expect much out of it.

This project might become reality after 12-15 years
Faisal Shourov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 01:15 AM   #94
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 4755

I love urban villages...but also love this project. Wish it can move forward, there's thousands of other urban villages throughout Guangdong.
BarbaricManchurian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:04 AM   #95
mthmchris

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
They could always build some skyscrapers (like the riverfront times development) and redevelop the existing infrastructure,make it into some ultra futuristic super dense development,you could have both the supertall skyscrapers and keep most of the urban village intact. That some sort of redevelopment or upgrading will take place sooner or later is almost given.
This. Xiasha is a perfect example of how redevelopment needs to happen - demolish less important portions of the village for development (Kingkey's project was built on top of commie blocks), build a supertall and some highrises, create some public space, upgrade the village's look and infrastructure.

Anything more is just planners playing SimCity. A complete and total redevelopment would be (1) a waste of money and (2) bad for the social fabric of the city.

It'd be nice to see a revised, less 'ambitious' version of this project.
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
mthmchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 10:10 AM   #96
mthmchris

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
This. Xiasha is a perfect example of how redevelopment needs to happen - demolish less important portions of the village for development (Kingkey's project was built on top of commie blocks), build a supertall and some highrises, create some public space, upgrade the village's look and infrastructure.

Anything more is just planners playing SimCity. A complete and total redevelopment would be (1) a waste of money and (2) bad for the social fabric of the city.

It'd be nice to see a revised, less 'ambitious' version of this project.
"It may be that we have become so feckless as a people that we no longer care how things do work, but only what kind of quick, easy outer impression they give. If so, there is little hope for our cities or probably for much else in our society. But I do not think this is so."
mthmchris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #97
crriss

Baishizhou have some very dense populated areas where only by foot or at most bicycle can have access as well as some wasted space with outdoor parking lots close to Shenan Rd. and some old warehouses and factories deep behind, just 100-200m close to Portofino, an expen$ive residential area where several new buildings just rose in the past 3-4 years. Would be great to start with these wasted spaces first and later on proceed with the dense areas.
Old May 20th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #98
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

i hate stubborn people creating nailhouses and stopping whole projects and this area might be full of them.
Old May 20th, 2014, 09:03 PM   #99
crriss

Does anyone have more infos when the project could resume ?

Last edited by crriss; May 21st, 2014 at 05:31 AM.