SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Pražské metro | Prague Metro

Tags
metro
407K views 901 replies 153 participants last post by  slecnatynka 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is about Prague's metro (subway) current extensions.

Introduction:
The Prague Metro system is 59.3 km long with 57 stations and includes three basic lines forming a triangle in the city centre with tunnels very deep below street level.

The first section of line C (red) (north-south, 22.7 km) was opened between Sokolovská (now Florenc) and Kačerov in 1974. This line continued to Háje in the south in 1980 and crossed the Vltava river to Holešovice in 1984. Most stations have a central platform, but not Hlavní nádraží (Central Rail Station) and Vyšehrad (situated inside the motorway bridge crossing the Nusle valley). Construction of a 3.9 km line C extension from Nádraží Holešovice to Ládví began in Sept. 2000 and was completed in June 2004. The line crosses under the Vltava river and there is one intermediate station at Kobylisy. Construction of another 4.6km line C extension from Ládví to Letňany began in spring 2004 and was opened in May 2008. There are two intermediate stations, Střížkov and Prosek. Letňany is the future location of the Prague Fairgrounds.

The western branch of line A (green) (east-west, 10.9 km) (Nám. Míru-Dejvická) was opened in 1978 and until 1990 it reached its final station Skalka. Hradčanská and Staroměstská were restored in 1997/98. In May 2006, line A was extended by one station (1 km) from Skalka to Depo Hostivař, taking advantage of the tracks leading to the Hostivař depot in that location. The new terminus is served by every other train.

The newest is line B (yellow) (25.8 km). The city section between Florenc and Smíchovské nádraží opened in 1985, a first extension to the south-western suburbs in Nové Butovice opened in 1988. The line grew to the north-east (Českomoravská) in 1990, and finally in 1994 to the south-western terminus at Zličín. This section is not very deep and some station use daylight. Between Hůrka and Lužiny there is an artificial science-fiction-like bridge tunnel. The easternmost section to Černý Most opened with 3 stations on 9 Nov 1998 (Vysočanská, Rajská zahrada, Černý Most). On 15 Oct. 1999 an intermediate station was opened to the public, Hloubětín. One more station, Kolbenova was built between Vysočanská and Hloubětín, it finally opened on 8 June 2001.

Here is up-to-date map:

Mid to long term projects include 2 new lines and extensions of the existing line A:
Line D - Vysočanská - Hl. Nadraží - Nám. Míru - Pankrác - south
Line A - extension on west end from Dejvická: Červený vrch - Veleslavín - Petřiny - Motol - Bílá Hora - Dědina - Dlouhá míle - Airport Ruzyně; extension on east: new branch south from Strašnická
Line E - semicircular (Pankrác - Anděl - Hradčanská - Vltavská - Palmovka - Line D)

Section IVC2 had been opened in May 2008, VIA and VA are already confirmed

See less See more
#189 ·
Headshottt, thanks so much for this great find!

One thing though, I agree with Kokpit, could you please make the images smaller, its really tough to read the bigger ones. Plus on my home notebook the IE crashes so I can only view this beautiful stuff at work. :)

Dreamer, Kokpit? Yes I forgot you are negative sometimes! :) This is getting built sooner or later. I am pretty sure that line A will start at 2009 and line D will start shortly after. Yes it may be one year delayed but you will see that both lines will be constructed by 2020 for sure. I am even willing to bet! Any takers? ;)

If you look at the construction history of Prague metro there has been always some type of extension. Look at this metro history map for example. And I see no reason why this trend should not continue. Plus politicians such as Bem, they cannot delay the metro too long since they would not look good in front of voters. And I have not heard any protests against the metro so the only issue is money. And I think Prague has good plans where to get it.

#199 ·
Headshottt, thanks so much for this great find!

One thing though, I agree with Kokpit, could you please make the images smaller, its really tough to read the bigger ones. Plus on my home notebook the IE crashes so I can only view this beautiful stuff at work. :)

If you look at the construction history of Prague metro there has been always some type of extension. Look at this metro history map for example. And I see no reason why this trend should not continue. Plus politicians such as Bem, they cannot delay the metro too long since they would not look good in front of voters. And I have not heard any protests against the metro so the only issue is money. And I think Prague has good plans where to get it.

Excellent map showing track layout and depots - just what us railway enthusiasts like! Thanks Herzarsen.

#191 ·
Thanks for your photos headshottt! Great job! :)

Amazing station. I cannot think of any type of modern or futuristic architecture in Prague that is comparable to it.

And another comment I want to make. I wonder how much is people's use of public transportation related to its good design compared to just plain convenience. I think if I was living around such station I would want to use that station anywhere I would go! :)

#194 ·
great design, on this picture it looks like an airport terminal :cheers1:

#197 ·
Metro Construction News

Thanks for sharing bresso! Thats a nice station in Milan! :)

Following are two recent articles about Prague Metro plans...

------------------------------------

English summary:

The construction of metro Line A extension that will lead eventually to Ryzyne Airport should begin at the end of 2009. The city council confirmed with their vote for change of concept of the land use that the plans are on track. The Prague land use document should be updated within one year. Metroprojekt copmany is already working on construction approval documents. The plans are still that travelers should use Metro to the Prague airport by 2018.

Metro A z Dejvic by se mělo začít stavět na přelomu 2009 a 2010

Praha - Prodloužení trasy A metra směrem k ruzyňskému letišti by se mělo začít stavět na přelomu let 2009 a 2010. Městská rada dnes udělala další krok k výstavbě, když schválila koncept změny územního plánu, řekli novinářům radní Radovan Šteiner a Martin Langmajer (oba ODS). Na ruzyňské letiště by lidé měli mít možnost jet metrem v roce 2018.

"Cílem změny územního plánu je celkové zlepšení kvality dopravní obsluhy severozápadní části Prahy, zpřístupnění ruzyňského letiště a zároveň motolské nemocnice," uvedl Langmajer. Územní plán by měl být upraven do roka, společnost Metroprojekt již pracuje na dokumentaci pro schvalovací řízení.

První etapa povede na Petřiny, nebo do Motola, a to ze stavebních i finančních důvodů. "V radě zaznělo jednoznačně, že naším cílem je vybudovat celou stavbu," ujistil Šteiner.

Na Dlouhé Míli by měl vzniknout autobusový terminál a záchytné parkoviště pro automobily. Podle radního to významně zlepší životní prostředí v šesté městské části, v části Prahy 5 a na okraji města. "Nechci připomínat současnou situaci na Evropské ulici, která je zahlcována zbytnou dopravou ze Středočeského kraje, jak automobilovou, tak autobusovou," podotkl Šteiner.

Prodloužení linky A bude stát odhadem 40 miliard korun. Cestující budou moci na trase dlouhé 14 kilometrů využívat stanice Červený Vrch, Veleslavín, Petřiny, Motol, Bílá Hora, Dědina, Dlouhá Míle a Letiště Ruzyně. Praha bude chtít na výstavbu příspěvek z Evropské unie. V tomto rozpočtovém období, do roku 2013, by mohl být asi sedm miliard korun.

Ne všichni ale výstavbu metra na letiště zcela podporují. Strana pro otevřenou společnost (SOS) kvůli to podala podnět na protikorupční portál města, sdělil Václav Procházka z SOS. Efektivnější by bylo podle něho postavit železniční rychlodráhu. Pokud bude dříve rozestavěno metro, může to prospět "jen úzkým zájmovým skupinám, z nich některé ovšem mohou mít značný finanční vliv", napsal Procházka. Podezření z korupce je na místě, dodal.

------------------------------------

English summary:

Metro to Ryzyne Airport will have 9 stations, initially the plans were to have only 8. The city wants to add to the planned route of line A another station called "Old Airport".

The city plans to receives 9 Billion crowns out of 40 of the total project from the European Union.

Metro na Ruzyň: nově 9 stanic

Město chce na plánovanou trasu A z Dejvické na Ruzyň přidat jednu zastávku – Staré letiště

Praha - V plánech nové trasy metra A, která povede z Dejvické na letiště v Ruzyni, bylo původně zakresleno osm stanic.

Teď však jedna přibyla.

Radní Radovan Šteiner vytáhl druhou variantu s devíti stanicemi, tou devátou je Staré letiště – jedna zastávka před konečnou.

K verzi s devíti stanicemi se nyní město přiklání kvůli lepší dostupnosti starého letiště, odkud létají některé cestovní kanceláře. A do práce se snadněji dostanou pracovníci letiště. „Nová stanice metra by měla určitě význam. Pro zaměstnance letiště by byla velkým přínosem. Lidí, kterých se to týká, není málo,“ vysvětluje Šteiner.

Cestující se metrem na Ruzyň poprvé svezou pravděpodobně v roce 2016. Práce na výstavbě téměř třináctikilometrového úseku začnou za dva roky a vyjdou na zhruba 40 miliard korun.

O kolik se stavba prodraží, pokud dělníci postaví o jednu stanici navíc, zatím není jasné.

„V současné chvíli je to předčasná otázka, ale nepředpokládám, že by zvýšení nákladů bylo v případě výstavby další stanice nějak dramatické,“ je přesvědčen radní Šteiner.

Devět miliard od Unie

Na prodloužení metra z Dejvic na letiště dostane Praha „příspěvek“ z Evropské unie. Získá zhruba devět miliard korun a peníze jsou určeny přímo na výstavbu dopravní infrastruktury v české metropoli.

V první etapě, která začne zřejmě v roce 2009, vyhloubí dělníci úsek z Dejvic k motolské nemocnici.

Ještě předtím, než se začne stavět, musí magistrát změnit územní plán kolem trasy, kudy prodloužené metro povede.

„Neměl by to být velký problém. Jediné místo, kde čekáme nějaké komplikace, je okolí nemocnice v Motole. Je tam totiž složité geologické podloží,“ řekl radní pro územní rozvoj Martin Langmajer.

Úředníci, kteří budou územní plán zpracovávat, musí posoudit především vliv stavby na životní prostředí. Radní Šteiner však zdůrazňuje, že prodloužení trasy A je ekologickou stavbou.

„Pomůže například zklidnit dopravu na území Prahy 6 nebo zlepší dopravu do motolské nemocnice, kam se nyní dostanete jen autobusem nebo autem,“ upozorňuje Radovan Šteiner.

U stanice Dlouhá míle navíc vyroste autobusový terminál a záchytné parkoviště.

Regionální mutace| Mladá fronta DNES - Praha

#198 ·
Huge and impressive project! Though I thought it's gonna receive more money from EU than this c.a. 25%... 40 bln CZK is very much, even if the end of construction is set to 2018. What is supposed to be the main source of financing this extension then?

#205 ·
Very nice metro trains, looks like a modern trams!