SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Železnice | Railways

407K views 1K replies 150 participants last post by  Ludvar* 
#1 ·
Biggest running railway infrastructure project in Czech republic is „New Connection“ between four major railway stations (Main station, Libeň, Masarykovo, Holešovice) in Prague. This project contains more then 27 km of tracks, 10 rail bridges (biggest one is 500m long and with four way track) and two road bridges , two two-way rail tunnels each more then 1km long. All of that will cost around 300 mil €. Construction period 2004-2008.

this link shows old traffic scheme: http://www.novespojeni.cz/vizualizace_detail.php?id_swf=6

and thera are after finalization:
http://www.novespojeni.cz/vizualizace_detail.php?id_swf=7

renderings:

Photos from construcion site:

See less See more
#2 ·
nice :eek:kay:

#6 ·
Berounka valley bypass

I would like to show you very radical railway project called „Berounka valley bypass“.
I heard about this project for a year, but I can´t imagine it in EE
but last week Czech minister of transport made public announcement
and he placed this project on government list of important civil engineering projects.
So first step for realization has been made.
Construction will (hopefully) start in 2008.

Most info I took from SZDC (Czech railway infastructure agency, something like Railtrack in UK) symposium about
investment into infrastructure and from Vosloh representative in CR.

Technical info: Length of new track will be 25km
Max construction speed: 300kmph
Tunnels: 1. base tunnel 19 209m (only one way)
2. svatojansky tunnel 4 525m (full profile)
Bridges: 1. svatojansky 430m
2. bridge over berounka river 323m
Superstructure system: non ballast Rheda 2000

Map:

#7 ·
rejow said:
I would like to show you very radical railway project called „Berounka valley bypass“.
and he placed this project on government list of important civil engineering projects.

Most info I took from SZDC (Czech railway infastructure agency, something like Railtrack in UK) symposium about

Map:
Wow, first VRT in the Czech republic and with almost 20km long tunnel. That´s a start! :)

I see on the visualisations, that VRT, direction Plzeň is planned. Does it mean, that in the future the line will be tracked down to Plzeň?

#8 ·
Timoth12 said:
Wow, first VRT in the Czech republic and with almost 20km long tunnel. That´s a start! :)

I see on the visualisations, that VRT, direction Plzeň is planned. Does it mean, that in the future the line will be tracked down to Plzeň?
Yes, here is map of planned high-speed tracks in Europe

the red lines are planned high-speed tracks, that one heading to Nürnberg via Pilsen will be realized first.

ride duration between cities

#9 ·
rejow said:

Map:
not very good idea to built such long tunnel only semi profile
but project is very amazing

#16 ·
Since 1993 about 700km of total 1440km main railroads were modernised for 160km/h speed, several tens kilometres were rebuild to straighten tracks.
This year reconstruction of Prague-Pilsen-(Nürnberg) route for 250-300km/h has started.

Current main tracks (1440km in modernisation, about 700km modernised for 160km/h till now)

All railway stations and stops on maintracks are being modernised as well.

This 13,2km section of III.corridor between Česká Třebová and Zábřeh na Moravě (about 200km east from Prague) illustrate which way are the maintracks in Czechia being modernised
Photos of this section were made during 2003-2006

#17 ·
Just astounding, you guys modernised the railways, while Slovakia was a bit sleeping up in this matter. Now you are clearly ahead of us.

Kokpit, the new tunnels are planned also for Slovakia - this one for Nové mesto nad Váhom, but I doubt they will reach the lenghth of your tunnels.

#18 ·
Thanks for that source, Timoth12. Well, Slovakia has perfect landscape for tunnels so they will come one day for sure, e.g. I saw project for D1 motorway and there were plenty of tunnels, something like in Alpes.
And new railroads will be something similar, you can look forward for them. EU will help new members with money like in Portugal or Spain. So I see only bright future for Slovakia in this matter (and not only in this matter :) ).

#19 ·
We´ll see, kokpit, but thanks for the compliment ;)
Anyway, you guys finished practically 700 km, while Slovakia really smaller percentage of the planned modernisation. And you are right, during the planned modernised track along Váh river valley there is a densed urban area, moreover the steep slopes of the surrounding mountains and the river makes it necessary to find alternative solutions also for modernised railway tracks. And sure, EU helps.

Regarding D1 highway, next month should begin the excavation works for ca. 1 km tunnel Bôrik under Poprad, official construction has been already started. But more tunnels, like Višňové, or Korbeľka are to be started in the next several months, at least I hope so.

#20 ·
The dialnice.info is suberb web, I visit it regulary for half a year (only as a reader).
Once finished, Slovakian motorways and railroads will be spectacular, new Switzerland in Europe is coming. :)

#39 ·
Very nice project, i just feel that Czech Rep. is always one step infront of Hungary.
That's funny, similarly I feel about Poland being one step behind (well, maybe one and a half ;) ) It's nice to see though that one of the Vysehrad countries isn't trapped between constant swing of plannig and delaying...
Frankly, I do find Prague's progress in it's infrastructure upgrade really astonishing.
pozdr

#22 ·
kokpit said:
The dialnice.info is suberb web, I visit it regulary for half a year (only as a reader).
Once finished, Slovakian motorways and railroads will be spectacular, new Switzerland in Europe is coming. :)
Well, I guess. if Switzerland, you might be the first :) . Or maybe it´ll be a friendly rivalry for us to catch up ;)

#23 ·
Timoth12 said:
Well, I guess. if Switzerland, you might be the first :) . Or maybe it´ll be a friendly rivalry for us to catch up ;)
We'll never be second Switzerland Timoth, we don't have High Tatras and such mountainous landscape as you, that's only slovakian domain.

#24 ·
Bikes said:
Very nice project, i just feel that Czech Rep. is always one step infront of Hungary. This month our prime minister announced that they are going to build highspeed railways in Hun besides the 100km/year motorways they are currently constructing.
Hungary has very good landscape for highspeed railroads, I believe they will be built in next few years. Since we are all in EU it'll be much easier.

#25 ·
We'll never be second Switzerland Timoth, we don't have High Tatras and such mountainous landscape as you, that's only slovakian domain.

Well, but you have mountainious landscape almost on the whole territorry. And High Tatras cliffs area covers just smaller part of the country, than Alps cliffs in Switzerland. Other parts of Slovakia and Czech republic as well are mostly forrested landscape /except for valleys and smaller flat parts/.

And come on, kokpit, Vysoké Tatry /High Tatras/ are also yours, you guys are always most frequentant visitors of it, as you are in the whole Slovakia.

#26 ·
:) we are visitors because we love Tatras and entire Slovakia (and we are brothers of course:) ) but they are yours and you should be proud of them. And visitors from other countries will come in larger numbers in near future, Tatras will be only discovered.

And yes, Czech Rep is not flat and we have nice mountains, but frankly speaking it's not comparable to mountains in Slovakia or Alpine countries.

Slovakia has everything, high mountains, hilly landscape, great nature and national parks with wild animals etc. it'll be ideal and famous touristic destination.
Sometime I've read that average altitude in SVK is about 600 meters, that speaks for oneself.