SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Turistika | Tourism

145K views 311 replies 85 participants last post by  Slosi 
#1 ·
Castles, châteaux, forts and manor houses in Czech rep., hotels, residences, golf resorts, spas, museums, free-time activities, or just gardens, nature, reservations, and casual countryside... :p

So let's start with two largest Liberec Golf Resorts - Ypsilonka GC and GC Liberec

Ypsilonka

GC Liberec

In czech economy thread was discussion if the oldest public park is in PL or SK. Pruhonice park near Praha isn't oldest, but it is far the nicest.. :p

See less See more
#192 ·
:cheers:
Czech spa towns are teaming up with European counterparts to make a joint bid for the much-coveted UNESCO heritage listings

Four Czech spa towns — the western triangle of Karlovy Vary, Mariánské Lázně and Františkovy Lázně, together with the east Moravian spa resort of Luhačovice — have teamed up with around half a dozen major European spa resorts in a bid to obtain the prestigious UNESCO recognition quicker.

The European partners announced already are Germany’s spa towns Wiesbaden and Baden Baden, Italy’s Montecatini Terme, Belgium’s Spa, England’s Bath and France’s Vichy.
http://www.ceskapozice.cz/en/news/society/czech-spa-towns-euro-bid-unesco-listing

#193 ·
Hello, here I am again. Today in Praha. Western Union office in Mostecka, 2:

Well: if I change 2892 euros or more to crowns, they pay me 24.20 crowns/euro. Otherwise (if I try to change less of 2892 euros, they only pay me 17,29 crowns/euro.

I dont understad how the authorities accept these things...

#198 ·
I know there are problems with exchanges that try to "robb" foreigners by first making the deal and then letting him know that he should have read the conditions more carefully.

What I advise is to stay by such an exchange for some time and tell any turist that walks by about this scheme, after some time, they will agree to cancel your transaction and give you the money back.

#199 ·
Well, that's not our job. It should be job for the authorities.

Not to mention the illegal taxis ...

Really, I think it is a problem of police/authorities corruption. Serious problem for a touristic city.

#200 ·
I'm no expert in currency exchange regulation, but it seems to me that as long as the exchange conditions are clearly advertised, which seems to be the case here, I don't see how the authorities can do anything about it. It should be the customer's business in the first place to avoid places which offer infavourable conditions.

#201 ·
Well, perhaps... But these things (exchange abuse or illegal taxis) are not possible in countries as Spain (also touristic destination).

It is a shock for me.

#202 ·
Visiting Prague

Hi everyone!

Im planning to visit the beautiful city of the Czech Republic, Prague. But im no sure of when. I planned to visit it in two weeks and stay there for about four-five days. But i have a couple of questions, and thought that the best thing would be if i posted them here.

How is the weather right now?
Can you go out clubbing even though the weather is pretty bad?
And the last question, is Prague an expensive city? Of course this is a question of definition, but how much does for example a beer cost?

#203 ·
How is the weather right now?
+5 and it's getting warmer every day
Can you go out clubbing even though the weather is pretty bad?
why not?
And the last question, is Prague an expensive city? Of course this is a question of definition, but how much does for example a beer cost?
In most places 30 Kč. I you buy a bottle in the shop it's 5+ Kč

#204 ·
When in Prague, I usually eat and drink (around CZK 30,- for 0,3l of Pilsner Urquell 12°) in Hybernia which is rather mediocre in both services and food, I wonder if there is some other good restaurant near here.. nothing expensive, just something simple and quick where to get some good meal? :)

Just a small side note - if someone plans to visit Javorník ski areal near Liberec, Giant Barrel restaurant on it's top offers great food and really good service for amazingly low price. It's like going to ***** and paying just for ***. :)

#205 ·
A trip to Prague!

Hello Czechs!

I am now spending my holiday in Kudowa Zdroj, Poland, which is quite close to Czech Republic.
And since I am so near Czech, I was planning a trip to Prague. But I got a little problem in front of me. The thing is, that Prague is a well-known and famous tourist place for Swedes, but I dont know what to do in Prague and I dont know any sights?

The only sights that I do know is the Old town and Charles Bridge, which are very famous. And of course the famous beer that you got there. :cheers:

Could anyone help me with this? And how many days do you recommend me to stay in Prague?

Děkuji!

#208 ·
Hello Czechs!

I am now spending my holiday in Kudowa Zdroj, Poland, which is quite close to Czech Republic.
And since I am so near Czech, I was planning a trip to Prague. But I got a little problem in front of me. The thing is, that Prague is a well-known and famous tourist place for Swedes, but I dont know what to do in Prague and I dont know any sights?

The only sights that I do know is the Old town and Charles Bridge, which are very famous. And of course the famous beer that you got there. :cheers:

Could anyone help me with this? And how many days do you recommend me to stay in Prague?

Děkuji!
Standard and probably the best way to spend time in Prague is to start from Václavské Náměstí, then go to Old Town Square, wander around a while, then walk over Charles Bridge to Malá Strana, see Malostranské Náměstí and St. Nicholas Church and from there take a stairs to Prague Castle. Walking through Prague Castle will take you quite lot of time. Make sure you look inside St. Vitus Cathedral. On both sides of the Castle there are extensive gardens and you definitely must visit them. On the south they provide probably the best panoramic view you can ever see. On the north side there is a quiet park with some beautiful buildings and from there you can see the whole castle and great deep ditch on its side. Doing all this without hurry will probably make your day.

Second day you should visit Valdštejn Palace on Malá Strana and Strahov Monastery. You can visit National Museum on Václavské Náměstí then you can go to National Theatre or you can visit any other museum, palace or theatre which are practically on every corner. You should not miss eating in some traditional Czech restaurant and besides drinking any Czech beer you definitely should go to a pub called "U Fleku". This pub is from fifteenth century, the oldest still functioning pub in Prague. They offer an unique dark lager which is brewed right in the pub ond only for the pub and which you can get in no other place. You should try drink called Kofola as well, after beer the favorit drink of Czechs.

Great place to visit is also Jewish quarter with oldest synagogue in the world outside of Israel, with old Jewish cemetery and several other synagogues and museums. Also Prague ZOO is worthy of visiting, one of the best in the world and quite likely the best in Europe. So say some reviews. Vandering around through the Old town and Malá Strana is a great attraction itself, just looking around.

To do this you will need at least three days if you hurry. Definitely the best way to transport in Prague is by walk even for longer journeys, but you can use a tram. If you go by metro you can miss something worth of seeing. Only to get to the ZOO I would recommend a tram.

#212 ·
No more tips for Prague needed, I guess :)

You are in a very interesting region so you could also consider visiting some local sights, like Nové Město nad Metují, Náchod or Opočno, which is a bit further away, but there you'll find arguably world's best vanilla ice cream.

I have been to these places last summer, and I particularly liked the mix renaissance/baroque architecture and vernacular architecture in the towns.

#220 · (Edited)
Hello :)

I plan visiting Prague in the weekend 21-23 September.
Can you tell me a nice place to stay? If it also has parking, it's great, as I will arrive by car.
Also some recommandations regarding good (local) food?

Also, coming from direction Ingolstadt, are there some nice places to maybe stop on the way? Iäm guessing D5 is the best road to get there, but maybe there are other (scenic) roads to take, if I would have the time.

#223 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm from Caracas, Venezuela. I just wanted to let you know that the Youth Orchestra of Caracas are visiting Prague the next month on our 2012 Europe Tour. We're gonna play at the Rudolfinum - Dvorak Hall on september 21th at 20:00 according to the schedule made by our tour agency. I hope to meet some of you czech guys at the end of the concert and the days after :D

We're gonna stay for arround 4 days I think. I also noticed some good prices in electronics (compared to the other cities of the tour) and decided to go shopping for a few computer hardware and smartphones if it's possible. So if you guys know some electronic stores and malls it would be great that you tell me some.

You can find more info about the concert here:
http://www.dvorakovapraha.cz/en/program/program-en/title/70-youth-orchestra-of-caracas

#225 ·
Just sharing:

The search for the most beautiful city in the world ends in Prague. (at least personally):)

Read here: http://camsurstaystray.blogspot.com/2012/11/prague-most-beautiful-city-in-world.html

And discover why.

You may alse read a review of the beautiful Hotel Golden Star
http://camsurstaystray.blogspot.com/2012/11/hotel-golden-star-prague-czech-republic.html

and the Great Train Ride to Prague:

http://camsurstaystray.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-great-train-ride-to-prague.html

You guys are very, very lucky.

You have a very beautiful country.

#226 ·
Thank you a lot! It's great to read such a beautiful words about city I live in. All the people around me just complain about economical or political situation and everybody forgets that we have things to be proud of. I hope you'll be able to visit our country again and you'll enjoy it!

#228 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.