SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[Czech Republic] Banners Propositions

43K views 79 replies 28 participants last post by  Apple. 
#1 · (Edited)
I think that we should think about our country banner again. Please use this thread to submit propositions.

I went to Chodov the other day and took a couple of pics and tried to create a banner. I think that Prague is the first obvious choice for a banner but on the other hand its historic landmarks have been presented many tims on this forum. And did anyone say that Prague doesn´t have a modern skyline?

Diferent versions:

I would be happy if I had a better camera but this is the best I can get out of my crappy compact Kodak...

Anyways, feel free to discuss and if you can, propose your own banners. Other cities are welcome.

See less See more
#4 ·
You did some nice work jazapp but sorry, that skyline is ugly. Moreover it was bit flattened. I wouldn't choose any of these three, the view is interesting though.

Ještě by to něco chtělo, možná bych někdy zkusil noční pohled. Ale celkově si myslím že Pankrác zatím není nic k ukazování.

#6 ·
...I like no.3 :eek:kay:

I like the banners, but it looks very dark and cloudy....doesnt even show the Prague Castle or the Charles bridge....
I like THAT clouds! :)

Prague Castle and Charles bridge? again? let's try something else and completely different ;)

I have a skyview from the church in the Prague Castle taking in a few directions. Intrested?
:yes:

#7 ·
Nr.1 is cool. However, I don't like Prague;)

#13 ·
You are more than welcome to propose a Liberec banner then.

2 kokpit - I don´t thik that Pankrác is amazing yet it is a very definite cluster of CBD buildings. And personaly I think that even though Prague is known as a "city without skyscrapers" this skyline is better than of any CE/EE city except Warsaw and Moscow

#20 · (Edited)
You are more than welcome to propose a Liberec banner then.
You mean something like this? :)

However I have better ideas about Lbc banner.. now how to realize them.. :D

And I found this interesting foto of Jested on Dev-Art :)

#21 ·
I would prefer something from Jižní Čechy: České Budějovice, Telč, Třeboň, Holašovice, Jindřichův Hradec or Slavonice could be interesting, maybe with some help of Photoshop. It's just a matter of finding the most photogenic row of houses on the main square. Holašovice would be my favourite in that case.

On the other hand, showing an ugly panelák skyline (Most, Neratovice) would be more original and more, ehm... typical. I think that Norkey's banner proposal is a very good start :)

#22 ·
Hello, friends. I was looking over this thread and have come across what did Norkey say - that he dislikes Prague. I would just say something from myself. It's rather usual for all the countries that their inhabitants dislike the capital city :D
Here in Poland some people hate Warsaw in really amazing level. Especially in Poznań where I do live - there's eternal rivalisation between these two cities. It can be seen for example in football. Matches of our Lech and varsavian Legia are something like the national holiday or the sacred war... In the past after such matches there were often riots and hooligans' battles.
What more? Cars with registry plates beginning from "W" (Masovian voivodship) usually meet with rather bad comments. Mainly because the Varsovians are REALLY driving dangerously and I would even say that they're driving like after drugs -.-
Within some circles the proverb that "the Varsovian is not a human" is very popular...
So... sorry for the offtop and my English. Such a little reflection.

BTW - Why there is not threads in Czech language in the Czech forum? :>

#23 ·
We need something like current banner of Paris, which is quite cool btw.

When I first saw it, I thought it's a flattened Prague banner.. :(

#24 ·
Don't you think it's time for new Czech banner?

Keep in mind there must be a link to the source of the banner, author must agree with usage of his photo and it must be clear what's at the banner or what story is behind it. No writings and flags are allowed and I strongly recommend not to propose any collages.

#30 ·
Akurat si myslim, ze omnoho viac by zabodoval vecerny pohlad na Prazsky hrad z Karlovho mosta
To je dobrý nápad! Už jeho vídel jsem a to je opravdu krasný pohled :banana:

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.